Shut out once again. Ten Club, I would like an explanation

Comments

• benjsbenjs Posts: 9,099
    moses-i said:
    aidt17 said:

Side note my buddy didn’t have his Ticketmaster account in line with his 10 club account and his “loser” email said they just couldn’t fulfill his order. Not that he made a user error 
    Need to repost this, could be very key.

Is this possibly what happened, moses-i?
    No, the rules said name on account needs to be the same, which they both are. My credit card also matches the name on both accounts. The only difference is that I have different emails. But my ticketmaster account email is literally my full name.
    Moses - it very clearly said to input your 10C email at some point in the submission. Did you do that, or your TM email?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,534
    Get_Right said:
    Lostpawn said:
    Get_Right said:
    The odds are BS and demand for this tour will be higher than ever. Demand exceeds supply which means that some people will not get tickets. That is all, there is your explanation.
    That WOULD make sense... if TOR weren't his 1st choice, and others got in with TOR as their 3rd choice.  So no, it's not an odds issue.
    LOTTERY - a process whose success or outcome is governed by chance. Sometimes your name is called, sometimes it is not. It is not complicated.
    Correct. Other unknown factors:

How many tickets per venue were actually allocated to the 10club.  Were identical amounts allocated for each venue? Were more tickets secured for some venues and less at others? 

How were the ticket odds actually calculated? How often were the odds being updated? Was there a large last minute submittal of ticket requests that would have caused the actual odds to be off at the moment of the draw and the site was not updated? How were submissions of “best available” classified in the odds, or were they even included in the odds calculation?

How were the ticket draws actually done? Let’s say there were 5,000 tickets per venue available. And they put 3000 tickets in the “first priority” draw. Those who had first priority, but not selected got bumped into “second priority” draw with 1000 tickets with all the people who had made that selection, and so on?

No one here actually knows how the draw went. No where in any communication was there language that everyone would be guaranteed tickets if the odds showed 99%. If someone really sleuthed around the ticket site they’d probably find language stating that the reflected odds may not be accurate or considered accurate.

sometimes people get lucky, sometimes things suck.

Thanks for reading this topic carefully before that long comment.  The odds have always been simple. And the odds were never before 99% for most shows. So simple explanation is the odds are wrong

But that does not explain how 2 fans lost 4 shows total that were 99%, including first and second priority picks where others won tickets with 3rd and 4th picks.

If you have statistical proof how that is a valid occurance in a random 99% draw, please share.

Are you 100% sure that the stated 99% odds were 100% accurate? Or are the stated odds “for entertainment purposes only”? We don’t know.

Also the ticket request was stated as being a lottery, not a ticket request guarantee. Lottery implies a chance of winning and chance of losing. 99% still means you have 1% chance of losing. Don’t have to like it, but it is what it is.

When I wrote that it looked like it happened to 2 fans with 2 picks (4 total picks), where other fans won tix to same show with lower priority picks. A 1% loss 4 times? Losing to a lower priority pick 4 times?

I'm not certain how statistics could explain that. Apparently one was explained by user error.
  • benjs said:
    ecdanc said:
    benjs said:
    Or it's a cc error on their end and they sent the wrong email.

Trying to come up with a explanation that does not involve an error on their end.

This is looking really bad for TM.
    Of all of the people saying they won, we've had two on this thread here saying they didn't. In the five pages since, one of them admitted they screwed up their re-entry and omitted Toronto. Again, it absolutely confounds me how people think Ticketmaster would go to great lengths to execute a dastardly plan to profit disproportionately this one time, and risk a severed relationship for every time forward and jump to this conclusion as the "most reasonable". I don't buy it for a second.

FYI, those saying they're worried about people who selected Best Available not being selected - I selected BA for Toronto and won that as my first go. 
    I don't think they have a dastardly plan. I do think they can and will fuck up. 
    If you've ever programmed or worked with programmers in the past, you know how it goes. There are variables input by users, processing done by systems based on the variables, and attempts to consider the variables to predict the outputs. A fuck-up on a platform means a failure to consider variables adequately or a failure to process in the correct way for that unique set of variables. Ultimately, there aren't enough variables at play here (or incidents reported) that make me suspicious of Ticketmaster failures - I more think this is a case of PEBCAK.
    Exactly my thoughts

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • densandensan Posts: 563
    Its a cf for a lot of you. I am so fing sorry. I am not saying I can do anything, but shit I will try to help you with some game plan or something. In the beginning, I had to do some suck ass things to get in to a show. It was not easy, and frankly it was embarrassing to show up 4 or 5 hours early with a sign asking for ticket to see them. I did stuff like that to see them open for Cheap Trick at the Crocodile. I got in. In everytime. I am not saying it is fun, but sometimes you have to get dirty and greasy to get what you want/need. The payoffs have been pretty fing sweet!
    Be different & make a difference. Decency & kindness @ a grassroots level works.
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    aidt17 said:
    Step 2. On the resulting Ticket Request site, sign in to your Ticketmaster account, or create a new one if you don’t have one. Your name under your Ticketmaster account must match your name under your Ten Club  membership account.  

This was step 2 on the pre sale ticket info page.  
    wouldn't that have triggered an error on the submission though?  That is crazy if not.  I just went in to my ticket master account and sure enough my last name was fucking missing.  
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• IlliniGuy76IlliniGuy76 Posts: 563
    edited January 2020
    PB11041 said:
    aidt17 said:
    Step 2. On the resulting Ticket Request site, sign in to your Ticketmaster account, or create a new one if you don’t have one. Your name under your Ticketmaster account must match your name under your Ten Club  membership account.  

wouldn't that have triggered an error on the submission though?  That is crazy if not.  I just went in to my ticket master account and sure enough my last name was fucking missing.  
    Same thing happened to me (last name randomly missing), I didn't know (totally realize it was right there in the rules and just missed it) - they haven't chosen my shows yet, however.  I called the 800 number and he said that since they haven't gotten to my shows yet I should be OK - I just emailed them as well.
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can forgive yourself oh yeah...
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense...

1995:  7/11 (Chicago) 2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago) 2024:  8/29 (Chicago), 8/31 (Chicago)

• aidt17aidt17 Posts: 633
    PB11041 said:
    aidt17 said:

You would have hoped they would have caught that.  He also got the confirmation email saying he was good to go.  No mention that the accounts were wrong.  He sent me a screen shot of the confirmation email and low and behold he is logged into his wife's ticketmaster account so even though he put all the info in correctly the account in ticketmaster was reflecting his wife's name 
    Hamilton 05, 11, Cleveland 06, Toronto 09, 16, Buffalo 10,13, London 13, Seattle 13, Detroit 14, Milwaukee 14, Ottawa 16, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1 & 2

• OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,394
    PB11041 said:
    aidt17 said:

Two separate systems. The drawback of moving the lottery to TM.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    PB11041 said:
    aidt17 said:

I don't think so. I think you have to manually check to make sure your names and email lined up, or it would have let you attempt to process the order. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    PB11041 said:
    aidt17 said:

Recommendation for 10C next year: request that Ticketstoday/Ticketmaster link the unique access codes with pre-populated non-editable 10C email addresses. I.e. my unique access code 123456 should populate my email address in that form automatically so that I'm not eligible to screw that up.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,394
    moses-i said:

Hey bud - this doesn’t show your order number. Could you add that to the screenshot? So we can match to the reject email. Just to make sure.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • aidt17 said:
    PB11041 said:
    aidt17 said:

You would have hoped they would have caught that.  He also got the confirmation email saying he was good to go.  No mention that the accounts were wrong.  He sent me a screen shot of the confirmation email and low and behold he is logged into his wife's ticketmaster account so even though he put all the info in correctly the account in ticketmaster was reflecting his wife's name 
    Well... let's hope in my case that since they haven't chosen my shows yet (St. Louis & NYC) that I should be good now that I've updated it?

1995:  7/11 (Chicago) 2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago) 2024:  8/29 (Chicago), 8/31 (Chicago)

• PB11041 said:
    aidt17 said:

Negative, as the two websites aren't actually linked. Hence the need to put in so much info (such as 10C email, presale code, etc.).

My guess is that the reason part of this is taking so long is because there's a verification between TM and 10C accounts happening somewhere in there. Whether that's manual, automated, or semi-automated - who knows.
  • PB11041 said:
    aidt17 said:

You'd probably be surprised how complicated and costly platform integrations are, especially between two organizations so I'd imagine they just added on something ad hoc to accomodate 10C. And, since this process is not exactly quick, I guarantee there are a bunch of manual steps.
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    benjs said:
    moses-i said:
    aidt17 said:

Side note my buddy didn’t have his Ticketmaster account in line with his 10 club account and his “loser” email said they just couldn’t fulfill his order. Not that he made a user error 
    Need to repost this, could be very key.

Is this possibly what happened, moses-i?
    No, the rules said name on account needs to be the same, which they both are. My credit card also matches the name on both accounts. The only difference is that I have different emails. But my ticketmaster account email is literally my full name.
    Moses - it very clearly said to input your 10C email at some point in the submission. Did you do that, or your TM email?
    Exactly.  Although I'm sure the OP feels differently, it's nice to know that we've figured this out and that there's a reasonable explanation.  
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • PB11041 said:
    aidt17 said:

Negative, as the two websites aren't actually linked. Hence the need to put in so much info (such as 10C email, presale code, etc.).

My guess is that the reason part of this is taking so long is because there's a verification between TM and 10C accounts happening somewhere in there. Whether that's manual, automated, or semi-automated - who knows.
    Ha, separated at birth?
    PB11041 said:
    aidt17 said:

Same thing happened to me (last name randomly missing), I didn't know (totally realize it was right there in the rules and just missed it) - they haven't chosen my shows yet, however.  I called the 800 number and he said that since they haven't gotten to my shows yet I should be OK - I just emailed them as well.
    fuck me, I updated it.  Holy shit what a cluster. I have been on my current TM account which is the same email as my TC since 2013, but for some shit reason my last name was not showing and that makes no sense to me.

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,534
    moses-i said:
    Zod said:
    PJNB said:
    Get_Right said:
    Lostpawn said:
    Get_Right said:
    The odds are BS and demand for this tour will be higher than ever. Demand exceeds supply which means that some people will not get tickets. That is all, there is your explanation.
    That WOULD make sense... if TOR weren't his 1st choice, and others got in with TOR as their 3rd choice.  So no, it's not an odds issue.
    LOTTERY - a process whose success or outcome is governed by chance. Sometimes your name is called, sometimes it is not. It is not complicated.
    Correct. Other unknown factors:

How many tickets per venue were actually allocated to the 10club.  Were identical amounts allocated for each venue? Were more tickets secured for some venues and less at others? 

How were the ticket odds actually calculated? How often were the odds being updated? Was there a large last minute submittal of ticket requests that would have caused the actual odds to be off at the moment of the draw and the site was not updated? How were submissions of “best available” classified in the odds, or were they even included in the odds calculation?

How were the ticket draws actually done? Let’s say there were 5,000 tickets per venue available. And they put 3000 tickets in the “first priority” draw. Those who had first priority, but not selected got bumped into “second priority” draw with 1000 tickets with all the people who had made that selection, and so on?

No one here actually knows how the draw went. No where in any communication was there language that everyone would be guaranteed tickets if the odds showed 99%. If someone really sleuthed around the ticket site they’d probably find language stating that the reflected odds may not be accurate or considered accurate.

sometimes people get lucky, sometimes things suck.
    They do not do it that way. Why are we complicating things. 

If there is 5000 pairs to be won and 10,000 people put in for them odds are at 50%

They draw first priority first (crazy I know). Lets say 4000 people put in as a first pick. All of those people are selected and win their show thus giving them all 100% true odds. 

They then move on to second priority (crazy again I know)  Lets say 4000 people put in for it as a second pick. Only 1000 pairs are left so only 25% of these people are going to win. Their true odds are 25% and the majority of the second picks lose out. 

3rd and 4th get nothing since there are no more tickets left and their true odds are 0%. 

Could you simplify this, please?

It's first come first serve.  The have so many tickets.  They go to people who select first priority first.  Only if there are any leftover, does 2nd priority get any.  Only if everyone in 2nd priority gets there orders filled, should it spill to 3rd, or 4th etc....

The wierd case with the original poster is he chose best available and had it as his 1st choice.  Other people are getting those tickets in later rounds.   Ergo his order should of been filled, before any tickets spilled over to later rounds.

My question is if the original poster ever changed his selection.   Presumably the system overwrites your original request if you put in a new one.  Maybe that glitched?
    Never changed my choices. Locked in day one and didn't look back.

You deserve a personal response today. I'd email and call TM and 10c. Not sure that helps but I hope they contact you today with specific details. 
  • PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    aidt17 said:

fuck me, I updated it.  Holy shit what a cluster. I have been on my current TM account which is the same email as my TC since 2013, but for some shit reason my last name was not showing and that makes no sense to me.
    My last name wasn't originally showing up either, as was the case for many of us. Not sure what the deal was with that.

2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    aidt17 said:

Yep - same here.  Have they drawn your shows yet?  I called the 800 number and the gentleman said since my shows haven't been drawn yet I should be good.  Do I believe them?  NOPE!  I also emailed them the same question - I'll let you know what they say....

PB11041 said:
    aidt17 said:

Two separate systems. The drawback of moving the lottery to TM.
    Not an excuse in 2020. I maintain our IT portfolio and even as a small business with a team of 7 nerds, we integrate systems constantly. In the past year alone, we integrated about 20 disparate systems, and I've scheduled 6 more for the first half of the year. One of the integrations is incredibly similar to this - checking to validate that users exist in two systems before allowing them to proceed. Ticketmaster publishes their API specifically to give these kinds of abilities to artists. It's a fair statement to make that 10C had more they could have done, but I personally still think they did an exceptional job of making and managing this process this time around.

EV
  • PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    aidt17 said:

My last name wasn't originally showing up either, as was the case for many of us. Not sure what the deal was with that.

Did you enter it prior to the lottery closing or after?  Have they drawn your shows yet?

• PB11041 said:
    aidt17 said:

Ha, separated at birth?
    Seems that way! That, or we have the same background in IT, or IT Project Management in my case!
  • aidt17aidt17 Posts: 633

aidt17 said:

Well... let's hope in my case that since they haven't chosen my shows yet (St. Louis & NYC) that I should be good now that I've updated it?
    Fingers crossed.  If it works out for you, everyone that may be worried about how they applied can atleast go back and get a chance to correct it.  Not saying it would help users odds in the lottery but atleast it wouldnt automatically shut you out
    Hamilton 05, 11, Cleveland 06, Toronto 09, 16, Buffalo 10,13, London 13, Seattle 13, Detroit 14, Milwaukee 14, Ottawa 16, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1 & 2

• PJamminPJammin Posts: 606
    PB11041 said:
    aidt17 said:

Holy shit!!! Thanks for sharing this. I just checked my TM account and my last name was missing as well. WTH. I buy a LOT of tickets to shows and never noticed this before. Hopefully I'm still in good shape since I only picked Nashville and ST. Louis which haven't drawn yet. Exactly which phone # did you call and/or email addy did you send a note to? I might give them a heads up as well to be safe.
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,089
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    aidt17 said:

I seem to recall the system populating my first and last name both into the "First Name" space on the form for some reason - caught it and fixed before I submitted.
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    aidt17 said:

Yep - same here.  Have they drawn your shows yet?  I called the 800 number and the gentleman said since my shows haven't been drawn yet I should be good.  Do I believe them?  NOPE!  I also emailed them the same question - I'll let you know what they say....
    shows not drawn yet, but same boat as you

• PJammin said:
    PB11041 said:
    aidt17 said:

Holy shit!!! Thanks for sharing this. I just checked my TM account and my last name was missing as well. WTH. I buy a LOT of tickets to shows and never noticed this before. Hopefully I'm still in good shape since I only picked Nashville and ST. Louis which haven't drawn yet. Exactly which phone # did you call and/or email addy did you send a note to? I might give them a heads up as well to be safe.

Called: 855-868-4782 

Was told I should be OK

Emailed: tenclubsupport@ticketmaster.com & tickets@tenclub.net.

I'll report back on if the email response comes back with the "you should be ok because they haven't drawn your show yet"

• I did two separate entries for Toronto and Hamilton. I got confirmation for Hamilton but I haven't received a notification for Toronto at all. Not even one stating that I did not qualify for Toronto. Could there still be a chance?
  • franko49 said:
    I did two separate entries for Toronto and Hamilton. I got confirmation for Hamilton but I haven't received a notification for Toronto at all. Not even one stating that I did not qualify for Toronto. Could there still be a chance?
    Had to be on one entry - when you entered a "new" entry to "old" one was overwritten/canceled