Options

2020 Fall North American rumour thread

Comments

• Options
    CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,233
    cutz said:
    ymalkiel said:
    my June 5 Rage show is still not cancelled/rescheduled. 
    I’ve got a ticket for August 7th at MSG. Looks like that one’s still a go for now. I’ve got a GA ticket. Should be interesting if the show goes on as planned. 
    My friend has Tickets for one of those RATM shows at MSG. 

But, will those shows go on?

https://www.nme.com/en_asia/news/music/rage-against-the-machine-wont-play-socially-distanced-shows-well-never-be-sellouts-2895588

Rage Against The Machine won’t play socially-distanced shows: “We’ll never be sellouts”

"It's gotta be a shared experience"

5th March 2021

Rage Against The Machine will never consider socially-distanced gigs, the band’s bassist Tim Commerford has said.

Discussing Rage Against The Machine’s planned 2020 tour dates, all of which were postponed due to coronavirus, Commerford said that “musicians got kicked to the curb” during the pandemic.

“It’s stressful for me, just because I look at Rage and go, like, ‘Fuck, we rely on an audience,'” he told TooFab. “You go to Rage shows to see the audience as much as to see the band, and we need that. We’re one of those bands that need that.”

He continued: “We’ll never be one of these sellouts that’s gonna go play a drive-in show or play a venue that holds 100,000 people and there’s only 10,000 people there. That’s bullshit. Rage will never do that. It’s not a good show unless the audience is going off too. It’s gotta be a shared experience.”

In March 2020 the band announced an initial postponement of what were due to be Rage’s first shows since 2011, and in May said that shows would not take place until 2021.

“Rage Against the Machine will commence our tour at such a time when we are confident it will be safe for our fans,” the band said on Instagram.

The band’s North American tour dates, with support from Run The Jewels, are currently still set to take place this June and run until August.

It’s awesome they are taking this position. 
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    CO278952 said:
    cutz said:
    ymalkiel said:
    I’ve got a ticket for August 7th at MSG. Looks like that one’s still a go for now. I’ve got a GA ticket. Should be interesting if the show goes on as planned. 

https://www.nme.com/en_asia/news/music/rage-against-the-machine-wont-play-socially-distanced-shows-well-never-be-sellouts-2895588

Rage Against The Machine won’t play socially-distanced shows: “We’ll never be sellouts”

5th March 2021

Rage Against The Machine will never consider socially-distanced gigs, the band’s bassist Tim Commerford has said.

Discussing Rage Against The Machine’s planned 2020 tour dates, all of which were postponed due to coronavirus, Commerford said that “musicians got kicked to the curb” during the pandemic.

“It’s stressful for me, just because I look at Rage and go, like, ‘Fuck, we rely on an audience,'” he told TooFab. “You go to Rage shows to see the audience as much as to see the band, and we need that. We’re one of those bands that need that.”

He continued: “We’ll never be one of these sellouts that’s gonna go play a drive-in show or play a venue that holds 100,000 people and there’s only 10,000 people there. That’s bullshit. Rage will never do that. It’s not a good show unless the audience is going off too. It’s gotta be a shared experience.”

In March 2020 the band announced an initial postponement of what were due to be Rage’s first shows since 2011, and in May said that shows would not take place until 2021.

“Rage Against the Machine will commence our tour at such a time when we are confident it will be safe for our fans,” the band said on Instagram.

The band’s North American tour dates, with support from Run The Jewels, are currently still set to take place this June and run until August.

It’s awesome they are taking this position. 
    Agree. Look forward to seeing them when it happens. 
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    edited March 2021
    Honestly i could see it as “we’re not playing for only half of our expected revenue”.  Rage is a huge legacy act like PJ, DMB, U2, etc who can play shows at their leisure.  They have numbers in mind if they’re even going to tour.  Cut those numbers down to a third and they might not want to waste their time. 

Less popular bands like you hear on SiriusXMU or something are the ones who depend on touring to pay their bills.  They’ll definitely be trying to play as many socially distanced shows as they can at theaters and clubs.  Plus i dont think Dinosaur Jr are sellouts.  They’ve played drive in shows and huge venues that are squared off every ten feet. 
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • Options
    SM187650SM187650 Canada Posts: 707
    I have tickets for ratm in June in Edmonton. Not really getting why it hasn’t been postponed yet.... can’t really see this one happening. 
  • Options
    Jim TresselJim Tressel Posts: 130
    Since some of you may be flush with stimulus cash, let me know if you are interested and happen to be in the Akron-Cleveland area. Maybe saving on fees and the hassle of shipping it, we can make a deal. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,813
    edited March 2021
    WWE is hoping to have 45,000 fans per night at this year's two-night WrestleMania in Tampa, Florida.

Originally shooting for 30,000 per night, city officials told hotel officials in a meeting last week that WWE would like to see Raymond James Stadium at 75% capacity for April 10th and 11th. Capacity would have been 60,000 pre-pandemic.

It's unknown whether that request has been approved. Florida governor Ron DeSantis lifted all COVID-19 restrictions last fall, so it would be up to the city (Tampa Sports Authority) to determine how many fans could be allowed in.

WWE has not announced any number publicly, instead saying a "limited" number of tickets will go on-sale this Tuesday with prices from $35 to $2500 per show.

In this week's Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Dave Meltzer speculated what the company's approach could be:

"A Tampa WrestleMania was not a given to be a sellout as opposed to New York or Dallas which did sell out. They also could test it out by putting a smaller number on sale this week and judge from the response and then add tickets and whatever they feel they can sell becomes capacity. But with tickets going on sale so late in the game, there isn’t much time to go out and maybe put 25,000 or 30,000 seats on sale, and then judging by the demand for those tickets, then put another 15,000 to 20,000 more on sale a week later."

I am going to be watching this one closely. These states that are allowing these events to happen are having their spectators to be the guinea pigs if its safe to have shows like this again with a population that is just starting to get vaccinated. 
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    PeterEDPeterED Posts: 365
    Honestly i could see it as “we’re not playing for only half of our expected revenue”.  Rage is a huge legacy act like PJ, DMB, U2, etc who can play shows at their leisure.  They have numbers in mind if they’re even going to tour.  Cut those numbers down to a third and they might not want to waste their time. 

Less popular bands like you hear on SiriusXMU or something are the ones who depend on touring to pay their bills.  They’ll definitely be trying to play as many socially distanced shows as they can at theaters and clubs.  Plus i dont think Dinosaur Jr are sellouts.  They’ve played drive in shows and huge venues that are squared off every ten feet. 
    Yeah...RATM implying that bands who play to drive-ins or reduced capacity are sell-outs really seems tone-deaf to the majority of working musicians who have had next to no income this year and don’t have a fat bank account to rely on.

The ignorance of their own privilege - at least Commerford’s - is remarkable, frankly. Can’t imagine Morello being on board with this kind of messaging representing the band.
    Barrie, Ontario (August 05, 1992); Toronto, Ontario (August 18, 1993); Toronto, Ontario (October 05, 2000); Buffalo, New York (May 02, 2003); Toronto, Ontario (May 09, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (May 10, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (August 21, 2009); Buffalo, New York (May 10, 2010); Toronto, Ontario (September 11, 2011); Toronto, Ontario (September 12, 2011); Toronto 1 (May 10, 2016); Toronto 2 (May 12, 2016); Ottawa (September 3, 2022); Hamilton (September 6, 2022); Toronto (September 8, 2022)
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    PeterED said:

Yeah...RATM implying that bands who play to drive-ins or reduced capacity are sell-outs really seems tone-deaf to the majority of working musicians who have had next to no income this year and don’t have a fat bank account to rely on.

The ignorance of their own privilege - at least Commerford’s - is remarkable, frankly. Can’t imagine Morello being on board with this kind of messaging representing the band.
    Agreed. I know a blues musician who is playing socially distanced shows (20% capacity, masks), and I have zero problems with that decision.

Similarly, I respect Rage's position to not play socially distanced shows which would either decrease their per show profit, OR overprice tickets for fans. Unfortunately, I think Tim made that statement without much consideration for acts that don't play arenas, stadiums, or sheds. Also, I don't understand how playing a (hypothetical) quarter full show would mean that Rage is selling out to THA MAN. The more I think about it, maybe Rage is selling out by insisting on capacity gigs. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,908
    So is there a chance that the European tour happens? What about Ohana and sea hear now?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,247
    I give the Euro tour no chance, with the possible exception of London.  Ohana and SHN, I’d say 50/50.  Just speculation.  I don’t know anything.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    edited March 2021
    They probably knew in December that Europe wasn’t going to happen.
  • Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,302
    They probably knew in December that Europe wasn’t going to happen.
    Yeah, Europe is going slower than the US with vaccinations too. Gonna be 2022.
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,264
    Random data points that I'm seeing:

-- European spring tours are being postponed to 2022.
    -- I'm a runner, so I follow things like world marathon majors (NY, Boston, London, etc). Boston just announced today that they are holding the marathon on October 11th -- all world majors are being held this fall, which is extraordinary -- and are limiting the field to 20,000 runners.

-- When I look at local races, I see nothing happening before Memorial Day -- nothing. Larger local races (I'm in San Diego) have, again, been moved to the fall, great for hardy souls who want to run a half- or full marathon every weekend, I suppose.

How is that relevant? Well, starting corrals at large races are just as packed as pits at concerts. And like concerts, races require months of advance planning, obtaining permits, etc. There's no way anyone would announce a rescheduled race date had they not obtained a permit. -- Which means permits are being issued for the fall.

So I am expecting Ohana to happen. I have ZERO inside information. I think we could see either a N. America tour this fall, with Ohana as the kickoff, or spring 2020 dates rescheduled to 2022. I'll be there either way.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    KS80184KS80184 Posts: 386

Not PJ, but interesting development in Chicago.  The Cubs are limited to something like 8,000 people (20% capacity) so I can't imagine music acts will get more at least for the time being.  I wonder how some of these acts can make money touring with a stadium show but less than 10k people?

Per the Chicago Tribune today:

The Cubs have rescheduled a slate of Wrigley Field concerts for this summer, including Lady Gaga, Guns N’ Roses and Chris Stapleton shows that were supposed to be held last year.

There were no concerts at Wrigley Field in 2020 amid the coronavirus pandemic, and live music has yet to return to the city in a big way. The Cubs are honoring previously purchased tickets and selling tickets for the following concerts:

>> The Chris Stapleton show on July 17, 2021, originally scheduled for Aug. 29, 2020

>> The Guns N’ Roses show on July 21, 2021, originally scheduled for July 26, 2020

>> The Hella Mega Tour with Green Day, Fall Out Boy and Weezer on Aug. 15, 2021, originally scheduled for Aug. 13, 2020

>> The Lady Gaga show on Aug. 27, 2021, originally scheduled for Aug. 14, 2020

>> The Def Leppard and Mötley Crüe show on Aug. 29, 2021, originally scheduled for Aug. 28, 2020

>> The Maroon 5 show on Aug. 30, 2021, originally scheduled for June 13, 2020

The Cubs have not announced new concert dates for the Zac Brown Band, which was scheduled to play Sept. 12, 2020, or Dead & Company, which was scheduled for July 24 and July 25, 2020.

The number of concerts held at Wrigley Field varies from year to year, with the schedule depending on night home games and major artists on tour. It’s unclear how many concertgoers will be allowed at Wrigley Field this summer or if they will be required to take any special precautions to prevent the spread of the virus. A Cubs representative did not immediately return a Tribune request for comment.

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,434
    Kevinman said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    With Biden saying the vaccine should be available to everyone no later than May 1. We might get an announcement within the next couple of months
    He said eligible, not available.  There’s a difference there.  He also said July 4 goal for small gatherings.  Not large.  But it’s progress for sure.  
    If you're eligible. It most likely will be available.
    That has not even been close to the case in Chicago area yet.  Most eligible are still finding it very difficult to find available.
    Hopefully that changes in a month or so but it doesn’t seem like it would with more people becoming eligible than vaccines being delivered.
    Not now. But by that date. So far not everyone is eligible. And a lot of vaccines have been thrown out because people didn't show up
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773

-- I'm a runner, so I follow things like world marathon majors (NY, Boston, London, etc). Boston just announced today that they are holding the marathon on October 11th -- all world majors are being held this fall, which is extraordinary -- and are limiting the field to 20,000 runners.

-- When I look at local races, I see nothing happening before Memorial Day -- nothing. Larger local races (I'm in San Diego) have, again, been moved to the fall, great for hardy souls who want to run a half- or full marathon every weekend, I suppose.

How is that relevant? Well, starting corrals at large races are just as packed as pits at concerts. And like concerts, races require months of advance planning, obtaining permits, etc. There's no way anyone would announce a rescheduled race date had they not obtained a permit. -- Which means permits are being issued for the fall.

So I am expecting Ohana to happen. I have ZERO inside information. I think we could see either a N. America tour this fall, with Ohana as the kickoff, or spring 2020 dates rescheduled to 2022. I'll be there either way.

Is it at all possible those marathon/race permits could get pulled by organizers/governments if things don't improve?
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,775

KS80184 said:
    Not PJ, but interesting development in Chicago.  The Cubs are limited to something like 8,000 people (20% capacity) so I can't imagine music acts will get more at least for the time being.  I wonder how some of these acts can make money touring with a stadium show but less than 10k people?

Wrigley looks like they'll be revisiting on a month-to-month schedule for season ticket holders, and selling games on a week-to-week basis as capacity limits will likely be more fluid depending on safety. Tickets for the first homestand happen Friday for season ticket holders, will be interesting if they raise prices for the limited seating to offset losses on all the empty seats. Realistically, though, they're routing ticketholders in defined areas of the stadium, which likely means operating limited concessions to reduce overhead. For them, money on any given day is better than nothing - where bands have the ability to reset dates while baseball games are happening with or without fans. 
  • Options
    EF11EF11 Posts: 99
    This is obviously nowhere near the same scale as Pearl Jam, but I just got notified that my August outing to see the Decemberists in Boston will not be happening, as they just cancelled their entire July/August tour, which had been rescheduled from last summer. My show was slated to be in a 3500-capacity theater and I assumed it wasn't going to happen, but still a bummer.

"We were really hoping against hope to be able to bring this 20th/21st anniversary show on the road this summer. And while there’s every reason to be optimistic about the state of the pandemic and the possibility of live shows in the future, we don’t think it’s going to happen in July and August of this year. There’s so much uncertainty about playing these shows safely, especially the indoor ones, that we thought the best decision is to cancel."
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,264

Is it at all possible those marathon/race permits could get pulled by organizers/governments if things don't improve?
    At this point, anything is possible. But given that these races already have been postponed by 12-18 months (Boston normally is an April marathon) and local authorities have flatly refused to issue permits for the first half of the year, I think that if the government entities had doubts about how things would look in the fall they would have held off on issuing permits.

Locally, the Rock & Roll marathon (I think) negotiated a fall date with the city when the earlier date could not be approved. That's what makes me think Ohana will go on in late September. Indoor shows? We've been told from the beginning that those will be the last things to return.

I guess we will see what sort of impact re-opening Disneyland will have on California's numbers. I'm surprised that that's happening next month.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    cutz said:
    ymalkiel said:

5th March 2021

sellouts? something wrong with that guy. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,245
    Corey Taylor announced a spring small venue tour today. I'm not a big fan of his but F it, live music, I'm in. 

No time like the present for the guys to do a small venue tour. Hell, go unplugged. Huge boost to local small venues and live music industry. Easy enough to space out with seats. Could even make it 10c only.
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    Corey Taylor announced a spring small venue tour today. I'm not a big fan of his but F it, live music, I'm in. 

No time like the present for the guys to do a small venue tour. Hell, go unplugged. Huge boost to local small venues and live music industry. Easy enough to space out with seats. Could even make it 10c only.

What would be cool...

Bands pick random small clubs/bars around the country. They livestream shows from their studios and whatever they make via donations goes to that club/bar.

So it would kind of be like a tour, but the bands would be staying in their home cities. People could watch from home while giving money to a different venue each night.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,239

Wouldn't this end up being a shit show?  They can sell out stadiums in some cities, the demand is so high for tickets.   Small Venues would be rough enough for ticketing for a band that big, let a lone reduced capacity shows.

PJ usually seems to want to make a tour worthwhile (playing to as many people as possible) when they tour.  I can't see them doing a small venue tour, let alone a reduced capacity small venue tour.  That kind of sounds like a pipe dream.

• Options
    Can we do some actual fun speculation?

Assuming March 2020 dates will be March 2022....we have to assume they’re gonna add dates right? Obviously they’ll have to add Philly and Boston. I remember Pittsburgh and Cleveland were supposed to kick off the 2nd leg. I think we’re in for a lot of US dates
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    Before they add new shows, there are over 35 already sold shows to play, between NA and Euro.  That would be a good start, whenever safe.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• Options
    Before they add new shows, there are over 35 already sold shows to play, between NA and Euro.  That would be a good start, whenever safe.  
    I guess we can’t have any fun speculation anymore on this board 
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    I guess we can’t have any fun speculation anymore on this board 
    Fair point.  Go for it.  I would just like to know when the existing shows will be.  

• Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,302
    Case numbers are increasing again due to the B117 variant...
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,813
    Can we do some actual fun speculation?

Assuming March 2020 dates will be March 2022....we have to assume they’re gonna add dates right? Obviously they’ll have to add Philly and Boston. I remember Pittsburgh and Cleveland were supposed to kick off the 2nd leg. I think we’re in for a lot of US dates

Some random thoughts 

- Australia very likely could be the first shows that happens if Hyde Park or the two US fests do not happen. This December or January makes a lot of sense obviously for them. Will these be fests style shows spread out or more traditional shows something they have not had for years. 

- A potential Seattle mini residency to open up the newly renovated arena. The Weeknd has the first concert announced there for Mar 4th 2022 though they are saying he will not be the first official show to happen. All speculation but you have to think with the way the negotiations went and having Pearl Jam tied to the winning bid with an extended residency agreement that they would be the ones to re-open. it. https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/nba/keyarena-renovation-group-strikes-unique-partnership-with-pearl-jam-live-nation/

- NY and TO get shows added to their single dates that were announced in 2020. 

- Chicago was supposed to get two arena shows I believe for the fall 2020. Are we in a spot now that Wrigley is in play for summer of 2022 along with Fenway again and maybe even Philly this time. Either way those 3 heavy hitting stops will need to get some love in 2022 one way or another.

- West coast Canada and when? There was heavy rumours of a mini November tour in Canada after the election concluded in the US when they reshuffled the 2020 dates. How does this play out now? Do they still do a couple of legs in NA with spring and fall and just have it make more sense with the locations travel wise or do a coast to coast Canada tour to start things up or end the 2022 run? 

- Priority has to be given to the shows that were already announced I would imagine but if shows can safely happen next late winter or early spring do they hold off some shows like the California arena shows so it can line up with Ohana? Or are we in a spot that they will copy and paste the spring 2020 tour for 2022 and make it fair for those that waited patiently?

- 2022 is going to be huge if it plays out as I think it will. Australia --> Spring NA tour --> Europe --> Summer ball parks --> fall NA tour. 

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,239
    I guess the question will also be, how many dates are they going to want to do.  If the North American Dates and Euro dates get bumped to 2022, that's generally as much as PJ likes to tour in a given year.   That being said they could be in tour withdrawal due to the pandemic, so maybe they add a few days here and there?

My prediction is a little more conservative.  2022 they make up the 2020 dates... might add a few dates in there.  but it'll generally be a catchup year.   Maybe Australia gets a few dates because it's safer to do so there?

Then they regroup and do more dates in 2023?

2023, could be some more US dates mixed in with Canadian dates, and south america?