Options

2020 Fall North American rumour thread

Comments

• Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,217
    It’s huge that fully vaccinated can interact.  That means just a matter of time for the rollout.  Sure, it’s not weeks.  It’s months.  But think about where we were 5 months ago.  We didn’t even know that it would ever be possible.  Now there’s a half decent chance we could be singing Better Man with 20k friends this fall, at least outdoors.  It’s pretty amazing that this is even a discussion.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 580
    CDC has just stated that fully vaccinated individuals can gather indoors, without masks

https://apnews.com/article/cdc-fully-vaccinated-can-gather-without-masks-b9775dcde0254037e012ea9447e49917
    I've been saying this ad nauseum - at some point there will be "new" guidelines that if people want to attend relatively full capacity indoor concerts/sporting events you have to have a CDC card showing you're fully vaccinated.  That will not happen TILL they have locked down research that shows how long someone is immune from the virus having been fully vaccinated. 
    Postulating is fun. For a couple of reasons, I think liability waivers are the more likely outcome for large events. 
    NOTHING will happen till they are 100% sure how long someone is immune from the virus after having been fully vaccinated.
    I disagree.
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,223
    It's amazing. They went from wearing masks for 90 days after vaccination and doing your part to just do what you want.. so much for "science" hah!  It's almost like most of us were right all along.  At least I can see them back walking this last 52 weeks of non-sense. Anyways, get on with the announced dates or start canceling the shows and let us re-build our itineraries.   
  • Options
    KS80184KS80184 Posts: 386
    Looks like the Killers moved their UK and Ireland 2021 shows to 2022.

The Killers have once again rescheduled their UK stadium tour dates, pushing the huge shows back to summer 2022.

The band had initially been set out to hit the road in support of ‘Imploding The Mirage‘ in summer 2020, before those dates were delayed to this year and set to kick off in May 2021. However, due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic and with mass outdoor gatherings currently not set to return in the UK until June 21, the gigs have now been rescheduled until next summer – with an extra show added in Falkirk.

“UK and Ireland friends  – we’re sorry, but there’s no way around this,” said the band in a statement. “These will be the same great shows, but we have to move them to next year. All tickets will be honoured, so we really hope you can still join us!”

• Options
    It's amazing. They went from wearing masks for 90 days after vaccination and doing your part to just do what you want.. so much for "science" hah!  It's almost like most of us were right all along.  At least I can see them back walking this last 52 weeks of non-sense. Anyways, get on with the announced dates or start canceling the shows and let us re-build our itineraries.   
    Such extremes everywhere. Scientific knowledge evolves especially new science. Who’s most of us? 560,000 Americans dying is not nonsense. Pretty safe to say, rebuild that itinerary.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,433
    KS80184 said:
    Looks like the Killers moved their UK and Ireland 2021 shows to 2022.

The Killers have once again rescheduled their UK stadium tour dates, pushing the huge shows back to summer 2022.

The band had initially been set out to hit the road in support of ‘Imploding The Mirage‘ in summer 2020, before those dates were delayed to this year and set to kick off in May 2021. However, due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic and with mass outdoor gatherings currently not set to return in the UK until June 21, the gigs have now been rescheduled until next summer – with an extra show added in Falkirk.

“UK and Ireland friends  – we’re sorry, but there’s no way around this,” said the band in a statement. “These will be the same great shows, but we have to move them to next year. All tickets will be honoured, so we really hope you can still join us!”

Glad to see they are allowing people to keep their tickets. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    IlliniGuy76IlliniGuy76 Posts: 558
    CDC has just stated that fully vaccinated individuals can gather indoors, without masks

https://apnews.com/article/cdc-fully-vaccinated-can-gather-without-masks-b9775dcde0254037e012ea9447e49917
    I've been saying this ad nauseum - at some point there will be "new" guidelines that if people want to attend relatively full capacity indoor concerts/sporting events you have to have a CDC card showing you're fully vaccinated.  That will not happen TILL they have locked down research that shows how long someone is immune from the virus having been fully vaccinated. 
    Postulating is fun. For a couple of reasons, I think liability waivers are the more likely outcome for large events. 
    NOTHING will happen till they are 100% sure how long someone is immune from the virus after having been fully vaccinated.
    I disagree.
    While we are all beyond eager to get back and listen to a live music in a packed crowd - there's a reason the CDC is still recommending no travel;  it's for this very exact reason. 

You could be fully vaccinated and sitting next to someone who isn't/is at risk and w/o knowing how long you're actually "safe" (being fully vaccinated) that's why they're still making this recommendation.  It's all about being indoors/enclosed spaces - a liability form doesn't address people attending a concert that are potentially exposed/coming down with the virus/flooding health care systems being ill.
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can forgive yourself oh yeah...
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense...

2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago)

• Options
    Either it is right that vaccinated people can gather, or it is right there shouldn’t be travel by vaccinated people.  The two recommendations side by side make no sense.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• Options
    IlliniGuy76IlliniGuy76 Posts: 558
    edited March 2021
    Either it is right that vaccinated people can gather, or it is right there shouldn’t be travel by vaccinated people.  The two recommendations side by side make no sense.  
    Incorrect.  Both live in the same world - w/o knowing how long fully vaccinated people are:  1)  Actually "safe" 2) If they can/cannot pass the virus along to other people who are at risk... both will live in the same world till those two topics are resolved once and for all.  It's why the CDC recco's delivered yesterday were very specific to gatherings with people who are fully vaccinated/after two weeks of last shot.
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can forgive yourself oh yeah...
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense...

2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago)

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,757
    Come one. This is not do what you want when you are vaccinated. Whether you agree with the guidelines or not I am 100% fine with either way but to portray it as vaccinated people can now just do what ever they want is flat out wrong. You have to know this right? 

• Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,631
    RiotAct10 said:

However, from CNN's article,
    "In addition, fully vaccinated people should continue basic safety precautions, including: wearing a mask that fits well and keeping physical distance in public; avoiding medium- and large-sized crowds; avoiding poorly ventilated public spaces; washing hands frequently; and getting tested for Covid-19 if they feel sick."
    Well yes, this isn’t a green light for concerts.  But it’s a first step in getting back to normal.  The CDC recommending “no masks” In any scenario, especially indoors, shows how far along we are
    The CDC is recommending no masks/no social distancing with people who are two weeks past their second dose & have been fully vaccinated - or I believe something like 8-9% of the total population.  We have a LONG ways to go.

And they still don't know/have concrete research showing how long you're safe being fully vaccinated - it's the very reason they still have the "no travel" suggestion.
    The CDC recommending no masks for the first time in any situation in basically 1 year is huge no matter how you look at things.

Also, considering only 50-60% of the population is going to take the vaccine, those numbers sound like we’re 20% there and have a third vaccine (J&J) beginning to rollout very soon

I couldn’t disagree more that we are “A LONG” ways away 
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    P34RL J4MM3RP34RL J4MM3R Posts: 1,312
    PJNB said:
    Come one. This is not do what you want when you are vaccinated. Whether you agree with the guidelines or not I am 100% fine with either way but to portray it as vaccinated people can now just do what ever they want is flat out wrong. You have to know this right? 

If you can't do whatever you want when Vaccinated, then what's the point of getting the vaccine.  I'm a militant mask-wearer and social distancer.  By following the masking and distancing guidelines I have not contracted the virus.  and If the vaccine makes me keep these up, then what's the point?  The point of the vaccine, is to "now just do whatever we want."  If the vaccine does not give you that freedom, then again, what's the point? 
    There's no need to say goodbye
  • Options

I disagree.
    While we are all beyond eager to get back and listen to a live music in a packed crowd - there's a reason the CDC is still recommending no travel;  it's for this very exact reason. 

You could be fully vaccinated and sitting next to someone who isn't/is at risk and w/o knowing how long you're actually "safe" (being fully vaccinated) that's why they're still making this recommendation.  It's all about being indoors/enclosed spaces - a liability form doesn't address people attending a concert that are potentially exposed/coming down with the virus/flooding health care systems being ill.
    Liability protocol already exists.  Here is what you will find if you check out the Ticketmaster event page for Pearl Jam in Baltimore 

2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
  • Options

I disagree.

I'm not disagreeing with anything you are saying, in general. I think you are underestimating the wheels of capitalism vs. the power of CDC recommendations. If by the middle/end of summer 70% have been vaccinated and/or have immunity from exposure, rates of hospitalization and death could plummet. Obviously, there are variables, but I think the 'community health risk' will decrease to where many states will b3 allowing for thousands of students to be in schools together, hundreds/thousands to gather at places of religious worship, and for months people will have been meeting in groups without large community spread. Again, lots of variables. I believe states will be pressured to test the waters with indoor performances for theatre/art performances this fall, and we'll go from there.

Liability waivers could certainly free performers, promoters, and venues from liability as they already exist. Once the threat that community spread is limited, and more specifically that the spread doesn't lead to hospitalization/death, states will allow shows to continue. I don't see arenas until the spring best case scenario. This could all go upside down for the variables we all know. 
  • Options
    Incorrect.  Both live in the same world - w/o knowing how long fully vaccinated people are:  1)  Actually "safe" 2) If they can/cannot pass the virus along to other people who are at risk... both will live in the same world till those two topics are resolved once and for all.  It's why the CDC recco's delivered yesterday were very specific to gatherings with people who are fully vaccinated/after two weeks of last shot.
    I see your incorrect label and raise you a further incorrect label.  

• Options
    PJNB said:

If you can't do whatever you want when Vaccinated, then what's the point of getting the vaccine.  I'm a militant mask-wearer and social distancer.  By following the masking and distancing guidelines I have not contracted the virus.  and If the vaccine makes me keep these up, then what's the point?  The point of the vaccine, is to "now just do whatever we want."  If the vaccine does not give you that freedom, then again, what's the point? 
    These are the guidelines for today with only a small % of the population being vaccinated.  When more knowledge on length of effectiveness and how transmissible it can be to have the vaccine and give it to those that have not been vaccinated becomes available then the rules will change accordingly. 

The long and short of this is that vaccinated people can still get and transmit the virus. However they are protected against how severe they are hit from it. If they are all protected from this then they can mingle without rules since they are not at risk hence the reason for the restrictions being lifted solely for them. I am hoping that when everyone that has the opportunity to have the shot has had it all restrictions are lifted. 
  • Options
    I believe this is the first full capacity large venue since the pandemic began

Texas Rangers will be allowing 100% capacity at their home games, starting with opening day on April 5th.  Fans must wear masks unless actively eating or drinking.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/10/texas-rangers-become-first-pro-team-to-announce-a-return-to-full-capacity/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
  • Options

Texas Rangers will be allowing 100% capacity at their home games, starting with opening day on April 5th.  Fans must wear masks unless actively eating or drinking.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/10/texas-rangers-become-first-pro-team-to-announce-a-return-to-full-capacity/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
    Crazy. Hope they have success with this. 
  • Options
    I wonder how ticket sales will go.  

• Options
    Honestly, I bet it sells out easily 
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,852

They are INSANE! :o
  • Options
    And while we’re at it, Jerry Jones of the Dallas Cowboys also announced today that the Cowboys will host 100% capacity for all home games this season.  Not as soon as the Rangers in just a few weeks but still significant

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/10/jerry-jones-declares-that-the-cowboys-will-have-full-stadiums-at-home-this-year/
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228
    Yep, there's some seriously pent up demand (everywhere).
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,372
    Is Texas closer to NYC or Brazil? I dont know whats going to happen as much as you guys, but i'd not be going to a ballgame yet personally.
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/brazil-hit-by-covid-19-variant-surpasses-u-s-in-daily-cases-and-deaths-11615385902
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Yep, there's some seriously pent up demand (everywhere).
    Cheapest ticket on StubHub right now is $109 for Upper deck

I’d say the demand will be there in full
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,772
    Current opinion:

We know that certain adults can get the vaccine. Over the next few months, more and more adults will be able to.

But what about kids? We know how many kids go to these shows.

When can they get the vaccine?
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    I believe trials are underway for kids.  At least older kids.  I may have read somewhere they’ll be done by summer, but not sure.  

• Options
    I believe trials are underway for kids.  At least older kids.  I may have read somewhere they’ll be done by summer, but not sure.  
    Kids should be getting vaccinated within the next 6-12 months per my sons pediatrician. 
  • Options
    Oklahoma lifting most restrictions. See how that goes and hope it is not too soon for them. 
  • Options
    YourLightMadeUsStarsYourLightMadeUsStars NB, Canada Posts: 32
    Not only that but they can take their masks off while eating and drinking.  Concession sales will be incredible haha

Here's hoping this goes off without major issues and the rest of the dominos continue to fall.