• Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    tdawe said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    tdawe said:
    Melzombie said:
    tdawe said:
    Melzombie said:
    last time I checked, Baltimore RES was down to 74%. 
    lawd. keeping fingers crossed it doesn't get down to 50% by the cut off. 
    Based on past lotteries, 50% for this show is better than we had any right to expect. By a country mile.
    oh really? this is my first 10 club lottery experience, can't you tell? lol 
    what were the numbers from past tours?? just curious. I know they have opened up more seats this tour. 
    Someone posted the 2016 odds over the NA Tour Odds thread, but basically for the 2 MSG shows that year the GA odds were mid-single digits and reserved was high teens. 
    Hitting the 6% at GA in MSG 2016 was probably a top 5 life moment for me.

People in my office honestly thought I was having a medical emergency.

Was winning the lottery better than the show itself? Honest question.
    The singular moment of opening the email and seeing that I won was beyond description. 

We had (we've moved since and I have an office now) an open work space and all I remember was jumping up and screaming 'Holy FUCK!!!'

People seriously thought I was having a heart attack.

The show was magic, but yeah, that 3 seconds was euphoric. 

I needed to take a walk around the block just to calm down.

'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    CP218430CP218430 Posts: 1,895
    Saltzy23 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Not to sound douchy, but I cannot stand being in the 200's or 400' (or really any upper deck or level) at any stadium or arena.  I hate heights/having to walk up stairs (specifically when I am drinking and/or fucked up on drugs)....so, as much as I am 100% in favor of this new ticketing system knowing that if I don't win GA means I am probably gonna be in the rafters at MSG is a double edged sword.

#FirstWorldProblems
    Just pay your way to a better seat. That’s the only other option.

I’m sure no one loves being in the back.
    I'm also going to Baltimore, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich and Amsterdam X 2, so if I win the lotto I will take what I get.

I have met and exceeded my PJ budget for 2020 already, and there still might be an entire other leg of the US tour later in the year.
    It sounds like you already won the lotto...
    I have just reached the point in life where I make enough to do what I want to do, and seeing this band play is #1 on that list.  I'm gonna go to every possible show I can go to before either I drop dead or they stop playing.

Since 2018 I have done Madrid, Lisbon, Missoula, Chicago X 2, Boston X2....Eddie solo last year in Tempe, Dublin, and the UK....and the shows above this year.

Not like I need to explain it to this group, but seeing this band play is a fucking drug for me and I absolutely cannot get enough of it.

More!!!
    Good for you. When we look back we will regret the shows we didn't go to, not the ones we did. 
    Missing 'The Ten show' in Philly (when I am in NYC no less) in 2016 was my breaking point.

I legitimately threw my laptop across the room when I woke up the next day and saw the set list.  I said right then and there, 'Never again!'

Also, it's been INCREDIBLE seeing shows with 1 friend, a bunch of friends, solo....friends that are into PJ, friends that (thought) they weren't, making friends at the shows, etc.

The shows in EU this year I am going with my best friend from high school who is in the middle of a divorce that has only been to 1 show in his life.  It's gonna be something we remember for the rest of our lives.

By the end of this tour I would have gone to at least one PJ show with anyone I consider a 'close friend' in my life.  I'll remember this era as the best years of my life.  Fuck money, that is what life is all about.
    I had the same moment when I missed Moline and Milwaukee (3 hours and 1 hour).....sure my daughter was five months old and I was getting no sleep but I go to great lengths now. Drive places by myself, attend shows solo....maybe I'm weird but I love it! I get friends to go see the band that never have and always treat them to a ticket. As I get older I realize I have few hobbies, this is my legit hobby. 
    98: St. Louis. 2000: Alpine. 2003: Chicago. 2006: Chicago Night 2, Milwaukee Night 1. 2007: Chicago (Lolla). 2009: Chicago 1 & 2. 2011: Alpine 1 & 2. 2013: Chicago & LA Night 1. 2016: Chicago 1 & 2. 2018: Chicago 1 & 2. 

"Let the Ocean dissolve away my past."
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    CP218430 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Not to sound douchy, but I cannot stand being in the 200's or 400' (or really any upper deck or level) at any stadium or arena.  I hate heights/having to walk up stairs (specifically when I am drinking and/or fucked up on drugs)....so, as much as I am 100% in favor of this new ticketing system knowing that if I don't win GA means I am probably gonna be in the rafters at MSG is a double edged sword.

#FirstWorldProblems

I'm also going to Baltimore, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich and Amsterdam X 2, so if I win the lotto I will take what I get.

I have met and exceeded my PJ budget for 2020 already, and there still might be an entire other leg of the US tour later in the year.
    I have just reached the point in life where I make enough to do what I want to do, and seeing this band play is #1 on that list.  I'm gonna go to every possible show I can go to before either I drop dead or they stop playing.

Since 2018 I have done Madrid, Lisbon, Missoula, Chicago X 2, Boston X2....Eddie solo last year in Tempe, Dublin, and the UK....and the shows above this year.

Not like I need to explain it to this group, but seeing this band play is a fucking drug for me and I absolutely cannot get enough of it.

More!!!
    Good for you. When we look back we will regret the shows we didn't go to, not the ones we did. 
    Missing 'The Ten show' in Philly (when I am in NYC no less) in 2016 was my breaking point.

I legitimately threw my laptop across the room when I woke up the next day and saw the set list.  I said right then and there, 'Never again!'

Also, it's been INCREDIBLE seeing shows with 1 friend, a bunch of friends, solo....friends that are into PJ, friends that (thought) they weren't, making friends at the shows, etc.

The shows in EU this year I am going with my best friend from high school who is in the middle of a divorce that has only been to 1 show in his life.  It's gonna be something we remember for the rest of our lives.

By the end of this tour I would have gone to at least one PJ show with anyone I consider a 'close friend' in my life.  I'll remember this era as the best years of my life.  Fuck money, that is what life is all about.
    I had the same moment when I missed Moline and Milwaukee (3 hours and 1 hour).....sure my daughter was five months old and I was getting no sleep but I go to great lengths now. Drive places by myself, attend shows solo....maybe I'm weird but I love it! I get friends to go see the band that never have and always treat them to a ticket. As I get older I realize I have few hobbies, this is my legit hobby. 
    People that don't understand passion think people like us are weird.

Fuck those people.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    Saltzy23 said:
    CP218430 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:

#FirstWorldProblems

More!!!

Fuck those people.
    😂😂. I really need to meet ya. We never hooked up in Boston after our tix trade 
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    With the first leg of the tour starting in Canada and the artist who was used for the new album cover, any thoughts to something interesting happening in Canada between the Hamilton and Baltimore shows?  I know the thought is Sirius show East Coast/NY, but what if  . . .  :)
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,044
    jimfish said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    JP218404 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:

#FirstWorldProblems

More!!!

I legitimacy threw my laptop across the room when I woke up the next day and saw the set list.  I said right then and there, 'Never again!'

What was your first show? Love your passion 
    https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/pearl-jam/2003/pnc-bank-arts-center-holmdel-nj-6bd626be.html

I was kind of a late bloomer.

I like to say that I dated a bunch of bands before I realized that PJ was really my true soulmate.
    pearl jam and i were high school sweethearts, love at first sight. 

then she changed a bit, we drifted apart, i experimented with other bands, and then finally found our way back to each other, finally realizing how much i actually loved the band she was during the time we were apart, only i was too immature at the time to understand it fully. 
    Same.   Saw them way back in Ann Arbor, and also a big follower of AIC.   Around No Code time I decided to heavier stuff, Metallica and the like.  Then had kids and years go by and I find myself seeing them in Milton Keynes in 2014 (hadn't seen them since '93).   I stood there and cried - tears of nostalgia, happiness and "rediscovering", tears of sadness (what have I been doing with my musical interests for theast 20 years).  Let's say I've been making up for lost time since.  :)  
    my PJ live break was a decade. 1993, next show in Fargo 2003. As soon as Ed started into Arc, I started welling up. It was such an emotional moment for me. 

Too bad none of my friends would consider travelling for any shows back then, much less for PJ. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,122
    jimfish said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    JP218404 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:

#FirstWorldProblems

More!!!

I legitimacy threw my laptop across the room when I woke up the next day and saw the set list.  I said right then and there, 'Never again!'

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/pearl-jam/2003/pnc-bank-arts-center-holmdel-nj-6bd626be.html

I like to say that I dated a bunch of bands before I realized that PJ was really my true soulmate.

then she changed a bit, we drifted apart, i experimented with other bands, and then finally found our way back to each other, finally realizing how much i actually loved the band she was during the time we were apart, only i was too immature at the time to understand it fully. 
    Same.   Saw them way back in Ann Arbor, and also a big follower of AIC.   Around No Code time I decided to heavier stuff, Metallica and the like.  Then had kids and years go by and I find myself seeing them in Milton Keynes in 2014 (hadn't seen them since '93).   I stood there and cried - tears of nostalgia, happiness and "rediscovering", tears of sadness (what have I been doing with my musical interests for theast 20 years).  Let's say I've been making up for lost time since.  :)  
    my PJ live break was a decade. 1993, next show in Fargo 2003. As soon as Ed started into Arc, I started welling up. It was such an emotional moment for me. 

Too bad none of my friends would consider travelling for any shows back then, much less for PJ. 
    Yeah my first show was 1998 and for 10 years I just let them come to me.  Looking back I could have had a hell of a time travelling to nearby shows.  Of course we had young kids in that time period so that might have been what kept us tied down a bit.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    CP218430CP218430 Posts: 1,895
    jimfish said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    JP218404 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:

#FirstWorldProblems

More!!!

My breaks never occurred long enough to miss a tour but I used to think one show was enough, just take in what I could and move on with the memory (my first show in 98 was such an experience that I can't describe it) but in 06, I ditched that and I hit everything I can. I realized as time passed that we're lucky, our band is still playing, still loved, still in prime touring condition and that is something you have to take hold of and run with as long as they tour and record. 
    98: St. Louis. 2000: Alpine. 2003: Chicago. 2006: Chicago Night 2, Milwaukee Night 1. 2007: Chicago (Lolla). 2009: Chicago 1 & 2. 2011: Alpine 1 & 2. 2013: Chicago & LA Night 1. 2016: Chicago 1 & 2. 2018: Chicago 1 & 2. 

"Let the Ocean dissolve away my past."
  • Options
    ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 654
    Saltzy23 said:
    CP218430 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:

#FirstWorldProblems

More!!!

Fuck those people.
    Very true. Me and one of my good friends usually always go to the show together. We've known each other since 1st grade. He went to college in Chattanooga and I stayed in Nashville. I worked a lot during high school and college so I only saw them 4 times from 94-03 with 3 of those in Nashville. Wanted to go travel and see them more, but he came back into town one night in 2009 and we met up and talked about PJ and that we should go to some shows in the future. So since PJ20, I've been to 25 shows and I think he's done 26 or 27 and we've done at least 20 of those together. I've got to see some awesome places and visit some cities that I might not have gone to if it weren't for the band. It is about the moment and the memories and I'm not gonna stop if I don't have to. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,044
    jimfish said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    JP218404 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:

#FirstWorldProblems

More!!!

Yeah my first show was 1998 and for 10 years I just let them come to me.  Looking back I could have had a hell of a time travelling to nearby shows.  Of course we had young kids in that time period so that might have been what kept us tied down a bit.
    they never came close to me in canada during that time, but i easily could have hit minneapolis in 98. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,005
    Saltzy23 said:
    tdawe said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    tdawe said:
    Melzombie said:
    tdawe said:
    Melzombie said:
    Based on past lotteries, 50% for this show is better than we had any right to expect. By a country mile.
    what were the numbers from past tours?? just curious. I know they have opened up more seats this tour. 
    Someone posted the 2016 odds over the NA Tour Odds thread, but basically for the 2 MSG shows that year the GA odds were mid-single digits and reserved was high teens. 

The singular moment of opening the email and seeing that I won was beyond description. 

We had (we've moved since and I have an office now) an open work space and all I remember was jumping up and screaming 'Holy FUCK!!!'

Love it.
  • Options
    I have no insider info but I would bet there will be a second MSG show added, with no TC tix. It will be a regular TM sale. That’s how PJ got so many tickets for the show. Then, they agreed to the second show to be zero fan club tickets. TC gets what it wants for fans first show, TM gets to scam and make crazy $ on the second show.  I would say be prepared on public sale day for a second show to pop up. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,029
    I have no insider info but I would bet there will be a second MSG show added, with no TC tix. It will be a regular TM sale. That’s how PJ got so many tickets for the show. Then, they agreed to the second show to be zero fan club tickets. TC gets what it wants for fans first show, TM gets to scam and make crazy $ on the second show.  I would say be prepared on public sale day for a second show to pop up. 
    There is no opening for another show.
  • Options
    Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658
    Saltzy23 said:
    tdawe said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    tdawe said:
    Melzombie said:
    tdawe said:
    Melzombie said:

I love this story so much.
  • Options
    TM is getting their money either way.  the fees are all there.  
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,994
    MSG appears to be booked before and after. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    What ever happened to the rumored SiriusXM show? Sorry if it was already mentioned - I looked through the pages but didn't see anything!
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,356
    PJNB said:
    There really isn't even an opening for the 3/30 show with all that NIT press coverage needing the entirety of NYC for weeks on end.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    jdizzle8291jdizzle8291 Erie, PA Posts: 456
    Poncier said:
    PJNB said:
    There really isn't even an opening for the 3/30 show with all that NIT press coverage needing the entirety of NYC for weeks on end.
    Honestly NIT media day invite is probably a hotter ticket than PJ @ MSG

2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • Options
    Yeah like I said, no second MSG show
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    PJNB said:
    Honestly NIT media day invite is probably a hotter ticket than PJ @ MSG

well cmon. Iona is playing Albany I bet.  HUGE!
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,663
    PJNB said:

If they do it before the Baltimore show or try to set up right after Nick Jr. Live! set on Sunday the 29th.

Nick Jr. Live! Move to the Music

Sun • Mar 29 • 10:30 AM
    Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden, New York, NY

&

83rd Annual NIT Semifinal Doubleheader

Tue • Mar 31 • 7:00 PM
    Madison Square Garden, New York, NY

• Options
    lfitzpatrick9lfitzpatrick9 NJ Posts: 374
    demetrios said:
    PJNB said:

If they do it before the Baltimore show or try to set up right after Nick Jr. Live! set on Sunday the 29th.

&

Technically they could still do it on 3/29 since the HULU theater isn't actually MSG.  They could do both in the same day.
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    PJNB said:

&

we can always have the "tree of hope" too
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    IlliniGuy76IlliniGuy76 Posts: 558
    edited January 2020

That certainly won't happen unless they're doing like a b2b show of some sort.
    Post edited by IlliniGuy76 on
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can forgive yourself oh yeah...
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense...

2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago)

• Options
    lfitzpatrick9lfitzpatrick9 NJ Posts: 374

That certainly won't happen - MSG has a game on 4/1.  PJ isn't doing b2b shows flying from Maryland to do a show on 3/29.
    Yeah I agree, I dont think its plausible for PJ.  They would be dead tired
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,005
    crapach said:
    What ever happened to the rumored SiriusXM show? Sorry if it was already mentioned - I looked through the pages but didn't see anything!
    With other bands these Sirius shows always seem to have pretty late announcements, it's not something where they telegraph it months in advance. I wouldn't expect to hear anything definitive until a week or so before the show.
  • Options
    Sarava said:
    If questions bother some people, this probably isn't the best thread for them to read then.
    Questions don’t bother me.  Lazy questions where the person doesn’t read the email/link with info answering said questions do.  Big difference.  I mean if this tour is a big deal for you wouldn’t you read up before purchasing?!  
    Can you tell me when tickets go on sale?
    Tickets for what?

The delayed video feed of the MSG show at Stony Brook Gym. Duh.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,631
    If Pearl Jam's goal was to play a ton of shows they would play a ton of shows.   They could sellout five shows at MSG but are fine playing one. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,019
    My wife's passport arrived today; took less than a month.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......