• Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,495
    Is 3/31 booked for MSG by someone else?
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    Nevermind, I see NIT.  And they wont play 3.29.  
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    OTOTOOTOTO New York, NY Posts: 190
    Barclays is available on 3/31.  I know it's not happening, but wishful thinking.  Every tour since '94 where they have played NYC or NYC Metro has had at least 2 shows.  This was just tight on planning.
    "You Can't be Neutral on a Moving Train"
  • Options
    YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 561
    OTOTO said:
    Barclays is available on 3/31.  I know it's not happening, but wishful thinking.  Every tour since '94 where they have played NYC or NYC Metro has had at least 2 shows.  This was just tight on planning.
    That is why NY city will be the only repeat show in the fall. My guess is that you get at least one more show .
  • Options
    MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,065
    Although I could see the no 10club add on being something TM and MSG would do, There is absolutely no second msg show.  It’s been only one on 3/30 from the beginning.  I think they added the date because it was available and they would be in the area for album release and promo (SiriusXM) So why not get a quick payday? 
    If rumored 3/26 is SiriusXM, it only leaves  3/31 or 4/1 for any add ons and msg is not available. 

can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • Options
    Radio City Music Hall is open 3/29 and 3/31.    Imagine. :)
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Go uptown more. 
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    JP218404 said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Go uptown more. 
    Beacon?
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    Vedd Hedd said:
    JP218404 said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Go uptown more. 
    Beacon?
    More
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    afgpjafgpj Upstate NY Posts: 142
    MSG is available on 3/26.  No PJ shows either side of that date.
  • Options
    JP218404 said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    JP218404 said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Go uptown more. 
    Beacon?
    More
    Apollo in Harlem ?
  • Options
    JP218404 said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    JP218404 said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Go uptown more. 
    Beacon?
    More
    Apollo in Harlem ?
    Isn’t That where we determined the SiriusXM show is being held?  Will this be before or after MSG?
  • Options
    If Pearl Jam's goal was to play a ton of shows they would play a ton of shows.   They could sellout five shows at MSG but are fine playing one. 
    Could they sellout 5 shows there with how much of their setlist they repeat?
    I think 2 or 3 would sellout.  
    5 *could* sell out if they billed it as doing NO repeats, which they could but never would for whatever reason.
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,809
    If Pearl Jam's goal was to play a ton of shows they would play a ton of shows.   They could sellout five shows at MSG but are fine playing one. 
    5 *could* sell out if they billed it as doing NO repeats, which they could but never would for whatever reason.
    5 would sell out in minutes. 
  • Options
    4 shows at the spectrum in Philly sold out. 
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    To add...I think they could sell out 5 shows at MSG even if they did a standard repeat setlist. 
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    edited January 2020
    Billy Joel has played the same fucking show once a month EVERY SINGLE MONTH at MSG for years and sells it out every time.

You could stick a stuffed animal on stage for 2 hours at MSG and probably sell 10,000 tickets.

PJ could play 10 shows in 10 days and sell out each one EASILY.

You guys are forgetting that this city has a never ending constant stream of tourists with cash pouring out of their pockets looking for shit to do.

The notion that PJ could play a show to an empty seat there.....pretty much ever, is laughable.

It may be a diluted crowd full of boring Ohio mommy and daddy jeans and people that can't name 3 songs, but I assure you, the seat would be sold.

The Kinicks are putrid and still sell out every goddamn game.

Post edited by Saltzy23 on
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    afgpjafgpj Upstate NY Posts: 142
    afgpj said:
    MSG is available on 3/26.  No PJ shows either side of that date.
    Actually all of their shows are two days apart except from the 24th to the 28th so that
    could’ve been intentionally planned With a potential second date at MSG in mind
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,904
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Night one was not a sell out. Lots of seats in the upper areas went unsold. 
    Five shows at msg would sell
    out in under an hour.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Night one was not a sell out. Lots of seats in the upper areas went unsold. 
    Five shows at msg would sell
    out in under an hour.  
    I thought part of that problem was due to some promotion thing.  

But yes, MSG having a weeklong residency would sell out basically instantly. 
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,446
    Let's Go!!!!!!!

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,446
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,922
    edited January 2020
    They wouldn't be aiming to sell tickets to fans going to all 5 shows. The majority would go to 1, maybe two. So they would wanna hear Alive, Black, Betterman, Even Flow, ect. I hear what you're saying, but overall they do a pretty good job mixing things up. Maybe stale for fans following sets and seeing multiple shows over the past few tours, but for the most part, they are ahead of the curve. 
  • Options
    I'm fine with hearing the same 7-10 songs in back to back shows.   Most bands do a standard setlist. 

They play THIS song, and then you KNOW that THAT song is immediately after it.  U2, Springsteen, the Who, etc.   They might change up a couple of songs here or there.  But most nights...its the EXACT same setlist.  U2 sold out a ton of shows with the same setlists in Chicago . 

Pearl Jam....they probably COULD just go to a standard setlist, I'm 100% glad they don't.  I like hearing a show back to back that is 70% different than the night before.  Especially when some songs are played once or twice per tour.  Its pretty special the way they do that. 

Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,904
    Vedd Hedd said:
    I'm fine with hearing the same 7-10 songs in back to back shows.   Most bands do a standard setlist. 

They play THIS song, and then you KNOW that THAT song is immediately after it.  U2, Springsteen, the Who, etc.   They might change up a couple of songs here or there.  But most nights...its the EXACT same setlist.  U2 sold out a ton of shows with the same setlists in Chicago . 

Pearl Jam....they probably COULD just go to a standard setlist, I'm 100% glad they don't.  I like hearing a show back to back that is 70% different than the night before.  Especially when some songs are played once or twice per tour.  Its pretty special the way they do that. 

Agree with this although I do get fire tired of the last three or four songs.  however it is all good since the vast majority of people at the show are Going absolutely nuts for those same songs.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    mcgruff10 said:
    Vedd Hedd said:

Agree with this although I do get fire tired of the last three or four songs.  however it is all good since the vast majority of people at the show are Going absolutely nuts for those same songs.  
    if they never played RITFW again i'd be ok with it. but like you said, with pj there's not much to complain about. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    imagine if you had gone to all the mansfield shows in 2003. jesus, song/whale chasers would have won the fucking lottery. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,311
    I wish PJ management could work in at least a couple of shows without GA , the 2013 London Ontario show was all reserved seating! I passed on Wrigley and drove 11 hrs to London Ontario because of the reserved seating up front it was worth it ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,016
    Can be drop “rumors” from the thread title?

I agree, a few shows without GA would be nice.
    I say that partially because I’ve never been dissapointed with my 10C seats. 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,311
    mace1229 said:
    Can be drop “rumors” from the thread title?

I agree, a few shows without GA would be nice.
    I say that partially because I’ve never been dissapointed with my 10C seats. 
    Yeah not asking for a lot maybe a show or two , believe me I’ve never ever been dissatisfied with my seats ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....