• Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,222
    JP218404 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Not to sound douchy, but I cannot stand being in the 200's or 400' (or really any upper deck or level) at any stadium or arena.  I hate heights/having to walk up stairs (specifically when I am drinking and/or fucked up on drugs)....so, as much as I am 100% in favor of this new ticketing system knowing that if I don't win GA means I am probably gonna be in the rafters at MSG is a double edged sword.

#FirstWorldProblems
    Just pay your way to a better seat. That’s the only other option.

I’m sure no one loves being in the back.
    I'm also going to Baltimore, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich and Amsterdam X 2, so if I win the lotto I will take what I get.

I have met and exceeded my PJ budget for 2020 already, and there still might be an entire other leg of the US tour later in the year.
    It sounds like you already won the lotto...
    I have just reached the point in life where I make enough to do what I want to do, and seeing this band play is #1 on that list.  I'm gonna go to every possible show I can go to before either I drop dead or they stop playing.

Since 2018 I have done Madrid, Lisbon, Missoula, Chicago X 2, Boston X2....Eddie solo last year in Tempe, Dublin, and the UK....and the shows above this year.

Not like I need to explain it to this group, but seeing this band play is a fucking drug for me and I absolutely cannot get enough of it.

More!!!
    Good for you. When we look back we will regret the shows we didn't go to, not the ones we did. 
    Missing 'The Ten show' in Philly (when I am in NYC no less) in 2016 was my breaking point.

I legitimacy threw my laptop across the room when I woke up the next day and saw the set list.  I said right then and there, 'Never again!'

Also, it's been INCREDIBLE seeing shows with 1 friend, a bunch of friends, solo....friends that are into PJ, friends that (thought) they weren't, making friends at the shows, etc.

The shows in EU this year I am going with my best friend from high school who is in the middle of a divorce that has only been to 1 show in his life.  It's gonna be something we remember for the rest of our lives.

By the end of this tour I would have gone to at least one PJ show with anyone I consider a 'close friend' in my life.  I'll remember this era as the best years of my life.  Fuck money, that is what life is all about.
    What was your first show? Love your passion 
    Love the passion as well!! Just don’t burn out on shows ;) (e.g. bored with any song that isn’t a rarity).
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    NEweatherNEweather Posts: 509
    Saltzy23-well said! I get that! I didn't hear them until '93 - yet that 1st time i did-i was "hooked", and saw them live by the next year, and proper since '95 and anytime I was able to since-and still wanna through past these days, as i live and breathe... Love Pearl Jam live! 
  • Options
    doujodoujo Posts: 285
    Sorry if this has already been answered but, with this new system, can i use the credit card of my friend who’s coming with me to buy the tickets under my name and membership, or does the credit card still have to be mine with my name on it?  Thanks!
  • Options
    I like that people have different ‘levels’ of show passion.  I always wondered going to a shit ton of shows...what’s is like.  But for me I prefer 1-3 per tour because I like the buildup to an event.  If I went to a shit ton it would be like a job.  But I totally get people wanting to see them as
    much as possible.
    91 - Ames Iowa CY Stephens Auditorium
    Lots Lots Lots of shows.....
    2018 - Seattle 2/Missoula
  • Options
    MK88178MK88178 Chicago Posts: 523
    edited January 2020
    Is anyone having issues with Ticketmaster.  I am trying to put in my shows but it is not working.  I can select the seating section but when I go to hit add show.  It is grayed out amd wont let me add it.  Anyone else run in to this issue.

All good now...Rebooted the entire program and it worked.

Post edited by MK88178 on
  • Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    Saltzy23 said:
    JP218404 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Not to sound douchy, but I cannot stand being in the 200's or 400' (or really any upper deck or level) at any stadium or arena.  I hate heights/having to walk up stairs (specifically when I am drinking and/or fucked up on drugs)....so, as much as I am 100% in favor of this new ticketing system knowing that if I don't win GA means I am probably gonna be in the rafters at MSG is a double edged sword.

#FirstWorldProblems

I'm also going to Baltimore, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich and Amsterdam X 2, so if I win the lotto I will take what I get.

I have met and exceeded my PJ budget for 2020 already, and there still might be an entire other leg of the US tour later in the year.
    I have just reached the point in life where I make enough to do what I want to do, and seeing this band play is #1 on that list.  I'm gonna go to every possible show I can go to before either I drop dead or they stop playing.

Since 2018 I have done Madrid, Lisbon, Missoula, Chicago X 2, Boston X2....Eddie solo last year in Tempe, Dublin, and the UK....and the shows above this year.

Not like I need to explain it to this group, but seeing this band play is a fucking drug for me and I absolutely cannot get enough of it.

More!!!
    Good for you. When we look back we will regret the shows we didn't go to, not the ones we did. 
    Missing 'The Ten show' in Philly (when I am in NYC no less) in 2016 was my breaking point.

I legitimacy threw my laptop across the room when I woke up the next day and saw the set list.  I said right then and there, 'Never again!'

Also, it's been INCREDIBLE seeing shows with 1 friend, a bunch of friends, solo....friends that are into PJ, friends that (thought) they weren't, making friends at the shows, etc.

The shows in EU this year I am going with my best friend from high school who is in the middle of a divorce that has only been to 1 show in his life.  It's gonna be something we remember for the rest of our lives.

By the end of this tour I would have gone to at least one PJ show with anyone I consider a 'close friend' in my life.  I'll remember this era as the best years of my life.  Fuck money, that is what life is all about.
    https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/pearl-jam/2003/pnc-bank-arts-center-holmdel-nj-6bd626be.html

I was kind of a late bloomer.

I like to say that I dated a bunch of bands before I realized that PJ was really my true soulmate.
    Nice first show. Was there as well. 
    Always go see the bands you love as much as you can cause ya never know which one may be the last
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,019
    Saltzy23 said:
    JP218404 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:

#FirstWorldProblems

More!!!

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/pearl-jam/2003/pnc-bank-arts-center-holmdel-nj-6bd626be.html

I like to say that I dated a bunch of bands before I realized that PJ was really my true soulmate.
    I was first row between ed and mike...incredible show.  are you from nj?  i live in howell, nj (monmouth county)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    edited January 2020
    I like that people have different ‘levels’ of show passion.  I always wondered going to a shit ton of shows...what’s is like.  But for me I prefer 1-3 per tour because I like the buildup to an event.  If I went to a shit ton it would be like a job.  But I totally get people wanting to see them as
    much as possible.
    So, domestically I am with you.  Unless it's somewhere 'exotic' like Missoula last year, in a city close by (NYC, Philly, Boston, Baltimore) , or somewhere I have friends I can visit (Chicago) I don't really feel I need to go.  Like, no offense to Oklahoma City but I don't "need" to go to that show this year. Same with other US cities I have been to before, but didn't love.

As an avid traveler, and now that I can afford it, these international shows have been goddamn magical.  I have been able to check out all sorts of places I have never been to and always wanted to.....knowing that I am gonna do my favorite thing on Earth while there.

In 2018 my friends and I went to the Running of the Bulls in Pamplona before the show in Madrid, which was completely insane.  Last year I finally got to check out Dublin and spent enough time in Amsterdam to know I need to go back again....except this time to see PJ twice with my best friend for 25 years.

Krakow, Budapest, and Zurich are all other places I've always wanted to check out and now I will.

Perfect.

(7/13 is gonna be an incredibly emotional day.  Driving to Auschwitz in the morning, then back to Krakow for the show that night.  I'm Jewish and I know I have distant relatives that were murdered there)

I already know I am gonna break down during Alive when Eddie screams 'We're all still alive!'

Post edited by Saltzy23 on
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    mcgruff10 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    JP218404 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:

#FirstWorldProblems

More!!!

I was first row between ed and mike...incredible show.  are you from nj?  i live in howell, nj (monmouth county)
    LOL, dude, we have an entire PM exchange about this!

Yes, central Jersey in my younger years and Jersey City now as the current man-child I have grown into.

:)
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    Saltzy23 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    JP218404 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:

#FirstWorldProblems

More!!!

Yes, central Jersey in my younger years and Jersey City now as the current man-child I have grown into.

So you’re a pork roll guy who should now be a taylor ham guy! 
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 767
    Saltzy23 said:
    much as possible.
    So, domestically I am with you.  Unless it's somewhere 'exotic' like Missoula last year, in a city close by (NYC, Philly, Boston, Baltimore) , or somewhere I have friends I can visit (Chicago) I don't really feel I need to go.  Like, no offense to Oklahoma City but I don't "need" to go to that show this year. Same with other US cities I have been to before, but didn't love.

As an avid traveler, and now that I can afford it, these international shows have been goddamn magical.  I have been able to check out all sorts of places I have never been to and always wanted to.....knowing that I am gonna do my favorite thing on Earth while there.

In 2018 my friends and I went to the Running of the Bulls in Pamplona before the show in Madrid, which was completely insane.  Last year I finally got to check out Dublin and spent enough time in Amsterdam to know I need to go back again....except this time to see PJ twice with my best friend for 25 years.

Krakow, Budapest, and Zurich are all other places I've always wanted to check out and now I will.

Perfect.

(7/13 is gonna be an incredibly emotional day.  Driving to Auschwitz in the morning, then back to Krakow for the show that night.  I'm Jewish and I know I have distant relatives that were murdered there)

I already know I am gonna break down during Alive when Eddie screams 'We're all still alive!'

It's a great excuse to see a place like Poland, which is not a tourist hot spot.

Last year after the Innings Fest, I headed down to Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument 2 hours South of Phoenix. It is one of the coolest places I have been in the US. People might want to check it out this time.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,019
    edited January 2020
    Saltzy23 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    JP218404 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:

#FirstWorldProblems

More!!!

God damn my memory is terrible lol. Ugh getting old sucks.  Now I remember.  

Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,552
    Saltzy23 said:
    Not selecting both is insane.

There is 0% chance you won't be able to trade a MSG GA ticket for someone that has a seat if you win GA and would rather have Reserved.

A simple post here asking some to meet up and figure it out at the show is pretty much all it would take.

Winning the GA when you want Reserved at a PJ one night only show at MSG is what I like to refer to as a 'good problem to have'.
    Unless you can't stand up.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,552
    Saltzy23 said:
    JP218404 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:

#FirstWorldProblems

More!!!

Ha, this is a great quote.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,044
    Saltzy23 said:
    JP218404 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:

#FirstWorldProblems

More!!!

pearl jam and i were high school sweethearts, love at first sight. 

then she changed a bit, we drifted apart, i experimented with other bands, and then finally found our way back to each other, finally realizing how much i actually loved the band she was during the time we were apart, only i was too immature at the time to understand it fully. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Scot ConantScot Conant Michigan Posts: 74
    @dimitrispearljam, looking ahead to the fall US swing, does it make sense to think they will hit the swing states before the election? Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Nevada...
    10/16/14 - Detroit * 04/29/16 - TENadelphia * 10/20/16 - Chicago * 10/22/16 - Chicago * 10/18/18 - Chicago * 10/20/18 - Chicago * 09/16/22 - Nashville * 09/17/22 - Louisville * 09/07/23 - Chicago * 09/10/23 - Noblesville (Postponed)
  • Options
    NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,389
    edited January 2020
    Post edited by NewfieintheUSA on
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:
    much as possible.

Perfect.

Same here my man.  I just go either where it is close ( like PHX) it somewhere in states I want to hang out for a few days.  On this leg there is really nowhere I want to go to again so just staying around home.  Living down here in AZ we now travel to Asia a lot instead of Europe.  Easier to get to.  Man, I am getting old and lazy.

We visited Auschwitz 6-7 years ago and it is a very emotional experience.  I needed to hit the Oktoberfest hard after seeing that.  It is a very worthwhile visit no matter who a person is.  
    91 - Ames Iowa CY Stephens Auditorium
    Lots Lots Lots of shows.....
    2018 - Seattle 2/Missoula
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited January 2020
    My wife put in for San Diego as her #1 choice. That show is going to be a fackin riot. EV and MFC love SD.

I put in for Denver #1 and Phoenix #2.  Begrudgingly chose “best available” based on the posts here, but I have never loved a concert I wasn’t on the floor for any band.  Just not as memorable (this includes Seattle 13).  I’m not whining, just praying to the lotto gawds in my own way 😂😂

In 2014 I was torn between Denver and Moline. Could only go to 2 shows and picked Moline (& St. Paul) because something told me it would be special. 
    Was a kick in the nuts I missed “Of the Earth” but No Code Illinois was a decent choice 🤙😎
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • Options
    DrdealDrdeal Posts: 693
    I put in for Ottawa (Driving up solo from NJ) , Baltimore and MSG. I only need to take one day off from work for those 3 shows. Thanks PJ!
  • Options
    smaksmak Posts: 232
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    One concern I have with the fan-to-fan sale is that all the tickets will be at face value.  That means by definition, people will always buy the best seat available.  If you have a high member number and get bad seats, you may actually have trouble selling them.  If yours are never "the best" ticket available, they will never sell.  It's not like stubhub where you can lower your price to make the sale happen faster.
    Very true and the best way to combat that is to only enter for shows you are certain to attend. I realize things come up, but this is more flexibility than in the past. Previous tours you would have to eat the tickets, end of story.
    Oh, I plan to attend anything I put in for.  But I also plan to try to upgrade...  I prefer GA, but would take any seat to guarantee getting in the building.  But my guess is there will be others that upgrade.  Someone with a low number may have decent reserved seats, but finds a hookup with GA tix.  Now they put their tix on fan to fan and I buy those.  Now I have 2 pairs and need to unload my nosebleeds.  Yes, first world problems.
    I totally get it if someone wants to keep flipping their way to better seats, but asking for a system that maximizes your tools to do such is a bit much.
    Yeah, don't get me wrong.  I don't expect them to accommodate my OCD needs to upgrade 1 section at a time.  But I thought the concept was interesting in that I could end up getting stuck with extra tickets that way.  I can't just dump them for 1/2 off.
    I kind of doubt that purchasers of tickets on the Fan to Fan site will be able to then put them back up on the Fan to Fan site

• Options
    smaksmak Posts: 232
    Yes, but there's a 4-ticket limit for the show so if you won 2 in the fan club lottery, you'd only be allowed 2 more.
    They generally are not related. So if I buy 2 TC tix, I can still buy 4 VF tix. 
    Nope - 4 per acct. I've run into this with the Black Keys previously. Each individual concert is showing with a 4-ticket limit. From the TM help:

When purchasing tickets on our Site, you are limited to a specified number of tickets for each event (also known as a "ticket limit"). This ticket limit is posted during the purchase process and is verified with every transaction. This policy is in effect to discourage unfair ticket buying practices. Each Ticketmaster account must be linked to a unique individual and contain valid, and verifiable, information. Multiple accounts may not be used to circumvent or exceed published ticket limits. We reserve the right to cancel any or all orders and tickets, in addition to prohibiting your ticket purchase abilities, without notice to you, if you exceed or attempt to exceed, the posted ticket limits. Any tickets, cancelled due to violating the posted ticket limit, will be refunded at face value (excluding fees). This includes orders associated with the same name, e-mail address, billing address, credit card number or other information.

https://help.ticketmaster.ca/s/article/Ticket-limits-for-events?language=en_US
    The Black Keys and most other pre-sales are done on the normal Ticketmaster site, with a code that lets you in.  It is the exact same page that the regular sale is on.

This is not that.   This is something entirely different.  The normal TM rules you posted do not apply.
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 2,011
    Saltzy23 said:

There is 0% chance you won't be able to trade a MSG GA ticket for someone that has a seat if you win GA and would rather have Reserved.

A simple post here asking some to meet up and figure it out at the show is pretty much all it would take.

Winning the GA when you want Reserved at a PJ one night only show at MSG is what I like to refer to as a 'good problem to have'.
    I don't think you can pull this off. If you have a GA ticket, you have to be in the GA line to get in. They've made that clear. I'm assuming they are checking id's as you enter the building?  Do you think there's a way to swap once inside? The GA people generally have the wrist band on.

I mean, if someone absolutely doesn't want GA, they should pick 'Reserved only' imo. It's not like GA wont sell out first anyway. This isn't Europe.
  • Options
    Sarava said:
    Saltzy23 said:

I don't think you can pull this off. If you have a GA ticket, you have to be in the GA line to get in. They've made that clear. I'm assuming they are checking id's as you enter the building?  Do you think there's a way to swap once inside? The GA people generally have the wrist band on.

I mean, if someone absolutely doesn't want GA, they should pick 'Reserved only' imo. It's not like GA wont sell out first anyway. This isn't Europe.
    There is no way they are checking IDs, would take way too long to get people in the building
  • Options
    I heard all shows are still at 99%.
  • Options
    Are the chances that much better this time around getting tickets? 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,029
    yes but they are not all 99% and Canada odds are not updating. 
  • Options
    Oh okay that must be it... My gf just said she looked last night and they all said 99% so I figured I'd check up on that here lol
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,647
    PJNB said:
    yes but they are not all 99% and Canada odds are not updating. 
    Blame Canada.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore