jimfishjimfish Detroit Posts: 51
    Saltzy23 said:
    JP218404 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Not to sound douchy, but I cannot stand being in the 200's or 400' (or really any upper deck or level) at any stadium or arena.  I hate heights/having to walk up stairs (specifically when I am drinking and/or fucked up on drugs)....so, as much as I am 100% in favor of this new ticketing system knowing that if I don't win GA means I am probably gonna be in the rafters at MSG is a double edged sword.

#FirstWorldProblems
    Just pay your way to a better seat. That’s the only other option.

I’m sure no one loves being in the back.
    I'm also going to Baltimore, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich and Amsterdam X 2, so if I win the lotto I will take what I get.

I have met and exceeded my PJ budget for 2020 already, and there still might be an entire other leg of the US tour later in the year.
    It sounds like you already won the lotto...
    I have just reached the point in life where I make enough to do what I want to do, and seeing this band play is #1 on that list.  I'm gonna go to every possible show I can go to before either I drop dead or they stop playing.

Since 2018 I have done Madrid, Lisbon, Missoula, Chicago X 2, Boston X2....Eddie solo last year in Tempe, Dublin, and the UK....and the shows above this year.

Not like I need to explain it to this group, but seeing this band play is a fucking drug for me and I absolutely cannot get enough of it.

More!!!
    Good for you. When we look back we will regret the shows we didn't go to, not the ones we did. 
    Missing 'The Ten show' in Philly (when I am in NYC no less) in 2016 was my breaking point.

I legitimacy threw my laptop across the room when I woke up the next day and saw the set list.  I said right then and there, 'Never again!'

Also, it's been INCREDIBLE seeing shows with 1 friend, a bunch of friends, solo....friends that are into PJ, friends that (thought) they weren't, making friends at the shows, etc.

The shows in EU this year I am going with my best friend from high school who is in the middle of a divorce that has only been to 1 show in his life.  It's gonna be something we remember for the rest of our lives.

By the end of this tour I would have gone to at least one PJ show with anyone I consider a 'close friend' in my life.  I'll remember this era as the best years of my life.  Fuck money, that is what life is all about.
    What was your first show? Love your passion 
    https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/pearl-jam/2003/pnc-bank-arts-center-holmdel-nj-6bd626be.html

I was kind of a late bloomer.

I like to say that I dated a bunch of bands before I realized that PJ was really my true soulmate.
    pearl jam and i were high school sweethearts, love at first sight. 

then she changed a bit, we drifted apart, i experimented with other bands, and then finally found our way back to each other, finally realizing how much i actually loved the band she was during the time we were apart, only i was too immature at the time to understand it fully. 
    Same.   Saw them way back in Ann Arbor, and also a big follower of AIC.   Around No Code time I decided to heavier stuff, Metallica and the like.  Then had kids and years go by and I find myself seeing them in Milton Keynes in 2014 (hadn't seen them since '93).   I stood there and cried - tears of nostalgia, happiness and "rediscovering", tears of sadness (what have I been doing with my musical interests for theast 20 years).  Let's say I've been making up for lost time since.  :)  
  • Options
    jefftjefft Posts: 655

100 Pacer said:
    PJNB said:
    Are the chances that much better this time around getting tickets? 
    yes but they are not all 99% and Canada odds are not updating. 
    Blame Canada.
    Sorry lol
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,066
    PJNB said:
    Must be using English units and not metric to calculate the odds..... =)
  • Options
    wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 918
    Jazz Fest announces their lineup tomorrow. For weeks they have had rumors of potential headliners. PJ was never mentioned until yesterday. Article now has them as possible. I still have severe doubts and I don’t see it happening, but festival is 4/23 - May 3, with Saturday’s (4/25 and 5/2) being likely targets. Lot of cash for a one stop in a city they love. Just sayin....
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,505
    wbutler29 said:
    Jazz Fest announces their lineup tomorrow. For weeks they have had rumors of potential headliners. PJ was never mentioned until yesterday. Article now has them as possible. I still have severe doubts and I don’t see it happening, but festival is 4/23 - May 3, with Saturday’s (4/25 and 5/2) being likely targets. Lot of cash for a one stop in a city they love. Just sayin....
    It would be a cluster F'K like for the Elton John and Springsteen and other big names at the Acura stage...you can't move. It's a crush and NOT the best place if you want to see PJ. 
    On the other hand JF is a fantastic time if you want to see other than the big names ...nowadays the main acts at Acura mean if you really want to be close you have to sit at stage all day...waste of trip to NOLA
  • Options
    estarr31estarr31 Posts: 574
    Not many fans going for the LA shows? How have the previous LA shows been btw?
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,663
    PJNB said:
    Updated Canadian Odds:

Toronto 36/99
    Ottawa 64/99
    QC 88/99
    Hamilton 45/99

• Options
    wsimon74wsimon74 Posts: 496
    So window closes tonight. When do we expect results to start trickling out?  Confirmation says "By"  January 19, but do we expect results to start being sent out earlier? 
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,005
    wsimon74 said:
    So window closes tonight. When do we expect results to start trickling out?  Confirmation says "By"  January 19, but do we expect results to start being sent out earlier? 
    My guess would be that it looks like past lotteries, except spread out over 4 days. So tomorrow confirmations for the first batch of shows (the four Canadian shows, would be my guess) will start hitting inboxes in the middle of the day (and/or people who are watching their CC accounts will start seeing charges) and extending to the late afternoon/early evening. Same thing the next day for the next batch of shows.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,647
    tdawe said:
    wsimon74 said:
    My guess would be that it looks like past lotteries, except spread out over 4 days. So tomorrow confirmations for the first batch of shows (the four Canadian shows, would be my guess) will start hitting inboxes in the middle of the day (and/or people who are watching their CC accounts will start seeing charges) and extending to the late afternoon/early evening. Same thing the next day for the next batch of shows.
    I have nothing to support this but I’m thinking they’ll spread the 16 shows over the 4 days inclusive @ 4 shows drawn per day. This would give the staff the opportunity to reach out to members who were selected but had their CC declined and/or any other issues that may arise without likely being overwhelmed by it all.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    sheri zonasheri zona Makai Side Posts: 356
    estarr31 said:
    Not many fans going for the LA shows? How have the previous LA shows been btw?
    We are going to all 5 CA shows  =)=)
    in an underwater nation...near chinamans hat
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,122
    Saltzy23 said:
    JP218404 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Not to sound douchy, but I cannot stand being in the 200's or 400' (or really any upper deck or level) at any stadium or arena.  I hate heights/having to walk up stairs (specifically when I am drinking and/or fucked up on drugs)....so, as much as I am 100% in favor of this new ticketing system knowing that if I don't win GA means I am probably gonna be in the rafters at MSG is a double edged sword.

#FirstWorldProblems

I'm also going to Baltimore, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich and Amsterdam X 2, so if I win the lotto I will take what I get.

I have met and exceeded my PJ budget for 2020 already, and there still might be an entire other leg of the US tour later in the year.
    I have just reached the point in life where I make enough to do what I want to do, and seeing this band play is #1 on that list.  I'm gonna go to every possible show I can go to before either I drop dead or they stop playing.

Since 2018 I have done Madrid, Lisbon, Missoula, Chicago X 2, Boston X2....Eddie solo last year in Tempe, Dublin, and the UK....and the shows above this year.

Not like I need to explain it to this group, but seeing this band play is a fucking drug for me and I absolutely cannot get enough of it.

More!!!
    Good for you. When we look back we will regret the shows we didn't go to, not the ones we did. 
    Missing 'The Ten show' in Philly (when I am in NYC no less) in 2016 was my breaking point.

I legitimacy threw my laptop across the room when I woke up the next day and saw the set list.  I said right then and there, 'Never again!'

Also, it's been INCREDIBLE seeing shows with 1 friend, a bunch of friends, solo....friends that are into PJ, friends that (thought) they weren't, making friends at the shows, etc.

The shows in EU this year I am going with my best friend from high school who is in the middle of a divorce that has only been to 1 show in his life.  It's gonna be something we remember for the rest of our lives.

By the end of this tour I would have gone to at least one PJ show with anyone I consider a 'close friend' in my life.  I'll remember this era as the best years of my life.  Fuck money, that is what life is all about.
    https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/pearl-jam/2003/pnc-bank-arts-center-holmdel-nj-6bd626be.html

I like to say that I dated a bunch of bands before I realized that PJ was really my true soulmate.
    Yeah I was a big Soundgarden, STP, AIC fan before PJ.  It was when SG broke up that I started getting into PJ more.

I was put off from PJ initially because they were on MTV and I was convinced that anyone on MTV was shit.

Vitalogy was the first album I purchased.  It was Corduroy that hooked me.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    wsimon74wsimon74 Posts: 496
    tdawe said:
    wsimon74 said:
    I was thinkin the same thing, thanks!! 
  • Options
    MelzombieMelzombie Charleston, SC Posts: 200
    Some one said that people that put in for GA and seats win GA, then they’re removed from the seating draw...
    and that the percentage we are seeing is actually higher?
    is this how it works? 
  • Options
    Just thinking out loud while I wait for the lottery results to come in...what do you guys think are the odds of added shows? Too early to know? By that I mean an extra night in Toronto or something, not a new city.

(2000) Mansfield I, Mansfield II (2003) Montreal (2005) Montreal, Ottawa (2006) Albany (2008) Montreal I + II (EV) (2022) Québec City

• Options
    Melzombie said:
    Some one said that people that put in for GA and seats win GA, then they’re removed from the seating draw...
    and that the percentage we are seeing is actually higher?
    is this how it works? 
    Yes. If you put best available, your entry counts in the odds for both GA and Reserved
  • Options
    Just thinking out loud while I wait for the lottery results to come in...what do you guys think are the odds of added shows? Too early to know? By that I mean an extra night in Toronto or something, not a new city.
    Doubt there will be any added shows
  • Options
    last time I checked, Baltimore RES was down to 74%. 
    lawd. keeping fingers crossed it doesn't get down to 50% by the cut off. 
  • Options
    jdizzle8291jdizzle8291 Erie, PA Posts: 456
    Melzombie said:
    What priority do you have it at?

2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • Options
    Melzombie said:
    Based on past lotteries, 50% for this show is better than we had any right to expect. By a country mile.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    tdawe said:
    Melzombie said:
    Based on past lotteries, 50% for this show is better than we had any right to expect. By a country mile.

2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 767
    jimfish said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    JP218404 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:

#FirstWorldProblems

More!!!

pearl jam and i were high school sweethearts, love at first sight. 

then she changed a bit, we drifted apart, i experimented with other bands, and then finally found our way back to each other, finally realizing how much i actually loved the band she was during the time we were apart, only i was too immature at the time to understand it fully. 
    Same.   Saw them way back in Ann Arbor, and also a big follower of AIC.   Around No Code time I decided to heavier stuff, Metallica and the like.  Then had kids and years go by and I find myself seeing them in Milton Keynes in 2014 (hadn't seen them since '93).   I stood there and cried - tears of nostalgia, happiness and "rediscovering", tears of sadness (what have I been doing with my musical interests for theast 20 years).  Let's say I've been making up for lost time since.  :)  
    There was a Bushleaguer show in Toronto and some (in my view) mediocre albums where they lost me. I ended up row 3 or 4 center at Outside Lands in 2009 for an insane show and have hit 3 or 4 shows every tour since. Part of it is realizing that there is not much left of your childhood (especially since Chris Cornell died).
  • Options
    tdawe said:
    Melzombie said:
    oh really? this is my first 10 club lottery experience, can't you tell? lol 
    what were the numbers from past tours?? just curious. I know they have opened up more seats this tour. 
  • Options
    Melzombie said:

Melzombie said:

what do you mean? I put in for "best available" 
  • Options
    Melzombie said:
    Melzombie said:

Melzombie said:

what do you mean? I put in for "best available" 
    It Baltimore the only show you entered in the drawing?

• Options
    Melzombie said:
    tdawe said:
    Melzombie said:
    what were the numbers from past tours?? just curious. I know they have opened up more seats this tour. 
    Someone posted the 2016 odds over the NA Tour Odds thread, but basically for the 2 MSG shows that year the GA odds were mid-single digits and reserved was high teens. 
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    edited January 2020
    tdawe said:
    Melzombie said:
    tdawe said:
    Melzombie said:
    Someone posted the 2016 odds over the NA Tour Odds thread, but basically for the 2 MSG shows that year the GA odds were mid-single digits and reserved was high teens. 
    Hitting the 6% at GA in MSG 2016 was probably a top 5 life moment for me.

People in my office honestly thought I was having a medical emergency.

'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:
    tdawe said:
    Melzombie said:
    tdawe said:
    Melzombie said:
    Hitting the 6% at GA in MSG 2016 was probably a top 5 life moment for me.

People in my office honestly thought I was having a medical emergency.

Was winning the lottery better than the show itself? Honest question.
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    These are the SOLD listings for MSG on StubHub so far.

Holy fucking fuck.

So much stupid.

LOL at $1,515 BEFORE FEES each for a 100 level seat.

'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    estarr31estarr31 Posts: 574
    Saltzy23 said:
    These are the SOLD listings for MSG on StubHub so far.

Holy fucking fuck.

So much stupid.

LOL at $1,515 BEFORE FEES each for a 100 level seat.

These people are getting scammed, no?
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23