Options

2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,794
    PeterED said:
    Lostpawn said:
    Interesting list. 

Given the election season I would be surprised if they skipped FL. Either Ft. Lauderdale or Miami might be in play, since Miami-Dade and Broward counties are major population centers.  I would also add Milwaukee, and remove Albuquerque and the Canadian shows. Maybe Pittsburgh?  All just speculation. 
    A number of posters have mentioned the election. Do people think a concert by a privileged rock band will change votes? Or is it voter registration?

And don’t you dare remove Canadian shows!
    Yes. Honestly, yes. Both. Some of the reasons I've heard of people voting for the orange buffoon have been equally as bad, or worse.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    PeterEDPeterED Posts: 365
    darwinstheory said: ...
    Some of the reasons I've heard of people voting for the orange buffoon have been equally as bad, or worse.
    Fair enough.
    Barrie, Ontario (August 05, 1992); Toronto, Ontario (August 18, 1993); Toronto, Ontario (October 05, 2000); Buffalo, New York (May 02, 2003); Toronto, Ontario (May 09, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (May 10, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (August 21, 2009); Buffalo, New York (May 10, 2010); Toronto, Ontario (September 11, 2011); Toronto, Ontario (September 12, 2011); Toronto 1 (May 10, 2016); Toronto 2 (May 12, 2016); Ottawa (September 3, 2022); Hamilton (September 6, 2022); Toronto (September 8, 2022)
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,882

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    Ooohh.....yay!  =)
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • Options
    smaksmak Posts: 226
    PeterED said:
    Lostpawn said:
    Interesting list. 

Given the election season I would be surprised if they skipped FL. Either Ft. Lauderdale or Miami might be in play, since Miami-Dade and Broward counties are major population centers.  I would also add Milwaukee, and remove Albuquerque and the Canadian shows. Maybe Pittsburgh?  All just speculation. 
    A number of posters have mentioned the election. Do people think a concert by a privileged rock band will change votes? Or is it voter registration?

Yes. Honestly, yes. Both. Some of the reasons I've heard of people voting for the orange buffoon have been equally as bad, or worse.
    I think they need to help keep the madman out of office (2000, 2016) vs limiting him to one term (2004,2020)
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,911
    All the best everyone who entered for NA Leg 1 Ten Club tickets. :)
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    To you too. Hope everyone is happy with the lottery!
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,138

PeterED said:
    Lostpawn said:
    Interesting list. 

Well...since AMT spilled over into here lostpawn is making a reasonable statement. The buffoon won four states by one percent. Like he knew the exact number he needed and got it.

We all know PJ is a political band, but not necessarily in a political way. This has zero to do with their privilege. I don’t think they sit around all day and watch c span, but they do believe there is a way humans should treat one another.

42% believe PJs new album cover is fake news. By all means PJ do another rock the vote, promise shows to swing states that flip away from Buffon in a change election. Let’s get that 1% back.
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,771
    Although I could see the no 10club add on being something TM and MSG would do, There is absolutely no second msg show.  It’s been only one on 3/30 from the beginning.  I think they added the date because it was available and they would be in the area for album release and promo (SiriusXM) So why not get a quick payday? 
    If rumored 3/26 is SiriusXM, it only leaves  3/31 or 4/1 for any add ons and msg is not available. 

If they were worried about big paydays then why play all the cities with 99% odds? Do kiddies even like rock n roll any more? There are not 15000 PJ fans in the Los Angeles. Lorca I don’t like this alternate reality.
    these are fanclub odds, not everyone is in the fanclub.  Hell we see people bitch about the cost of the club and what you get from it all the time.  most fans are casual, not nut like us on the board.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    Can we PLEASE keep the fuckin' politics out of this forum? It's not like we don't have it shoved down our throats 98% of the time elsewhere. 

Cmon guys. 
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,804
    demetrios said:
    To you too. Hope everyone is happy with the lottery!
    With reserved odds as good as they are and shows having much better GA odds than in previous years this is crazy! Good luck everyone!
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,446
    Good luck!  😀
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,310
    Saltzy23 said:
    CP218430 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Not to sound douchy, but I cannot stand being in the 200's or 400' (or really any upper deck or level) at any stadium or arena.  I hate heights/having to walk up stairs (specifically when I am drinking and/or fucked up on drugs)....so, as much as I am 100% in favor of this new ticketing system knowing that if I don't win GA means I am probably gonna be in the rafters at MSG is a double edged sword.

#FirstWorldProblems
    Just pay your way to a better seat. That’s the only other option.

I’m sure no one loves being in the back.
    I'm also going to Baltimore, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich and Amsterdam X 2, so if I win the lotto I will take what I get.

I have met and exceeded my PJ budget for 2020 already, and there still might be an entire other leg of the US tour later in the year.
    It sounds like you already won the lotto...
    I have just reached the point in life where I make enough to do what I want to do, and seeing this band play is #1 on that list.  I'm gonna go to every possible show I can go to before either I drop dead or they stop playing.

Since 2018 I have done Madrid, Lisbon, Missoula, Chicago X 2, Boston X2....Eddie solo last year in Tempe, Dublin, and the UK....and the shows above this year.

Not like I need to explain it to this group, but seeing this band play is a fucking drug for me and I absolutely cannot get enough of it.

More!!!
    Good for you. When we look back we will regret the shows we didn't go to, not the ones we did. 
    Missing 'The Ten show' in Philly (when I am in NYC no less) in 2016 was my breaking point.

I legitimately threw my laptop across the room when I woke up the next day and saw the set list.  I said right then and there, 'Never again!'

Also, it's been INCREDIBLE seeing shows with 1 friend, a bunch of friends, solo....friends that are into PJ, friends that (thought) they weren't, making friends at the shows, etc.

The shows in EU this year I am going with my best friend from high school who is in the middle of a divorce that has only been to 1 show in his life.  It's gonna be something we remember for the rest of our lives.

By the end of this tour I would have gone to at least one PJ show with anyone I consider a 'close friend' in my life.  I'll remember this era as the best years of my life.  Fuck money, that is what life is all about.
    I had the same moment when I missed Moline and Milwaukee (3 hours and 1 hour).....sure my daughter was five months old and I was getting no sleep but I go to great lengths now. Drive places by myself, attend shows solo....maybe I'm weird but I love it! I get friends to go see the band that never have and always treat them to a ticket. As I get older I realize I have few hobbies, this is my legit hobby. 
    People that don't understand passion think people like us are weird.

Fuck those people.
    Nah. I pity those people. They don't know...they just don't know!

Good luck everyone..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    GardLivingston89GardLivingston89 Posts: 942
    edited January 2020
    If Reserved is still at 99% wouldn't that kinda mean we won? ... Almost seems impossible to lose. Well I hope so at least
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,804
    If Reserved is still at 99% wouldn't that kinda mean we won? ... Almost seems impossible to lose. Well I hope so at least
    They did a fantastic job on this getting more seats than ever before. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    I'm quite impressed. Was so easy to lose before... So Best Available seemed like a good choice in the end
  • Options
    jefftjefft Posts: 650
    This band keeps coming through for the fans I love it!
  • Options
    This band is great to us for sure. Soo can't wait I'm right pumped! 
  • Options
    ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    demetrios said:
    Thanks, same to you! Now we wait patiently.......
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    I never did see a $1 hold on my account but do have the confirmation email.  Hopefully that's enough.  Good luck everyone.
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    moleculemolecule Posts: 611
    Good luck with the Canada draw today everyone!
    🤙
  • Options
    Can we PLEASE keep the fuckin' politics out of this forum? It's not like we don't have it shoved down our throats 98% of the time elsewhere. 

Cmon guys. 
    Not likely. PJ is not a “party” band that does not address political issues and neither are a majority of the fans. 
  • Options
    mattsavardmattsavard Posts: 518
    edited January 2020

Cmon guys. 
    Not likely. PJ is not a “party” band that does not address political issues and neither are a majority of the fans. 
    Nice straw man, but this isn't the forum for that shit. Take it to ACTS or AET
    Post edited by mattsavard on
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,903
    PJNB said:
    Agreed.  Lots more seats but just wait for the complaining when people see their actual seats.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    jdizzle8291jdizzle8291 Erie, PA Posts: 456
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    Agreed.  Lots more seats but just wait for the complaining when people see their actual seats.  
    Have a feeling it will go from "at this point, I'm just happy to be in the building. Let's go lottery!!!" to "what the fuck, this is my seat. Screw you 10C!"

2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    Have a feeling it will go from "at this point, I'm just happy to be in the building. Let's go lottery!!!" to "what the fuck, this is my seat. Screw you 10C!"

There will definitely be some "200 level"?! 

• Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited January 2020

Cmon guys. 
    Do you mean the entire forum or this thread? (EDIT- rhetorical question) Besides which people speculating if the band will tour somewhere based on an election is hardly “shoving politics” down anyone’s throat.
    But it appears you were looking for a battle and I engaged you which was foolish on my part. Carry on sir 
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,002

Cmon guys. 
    I've found that people who incorrectly throw around terms like "straw man" are people who spend basically all of their free time arguing about politics online.
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,243
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:

Yup. God bless face value fan exchange. Buy a better one at face and dump your old one at face. 
  • Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 761
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:

Yup. God bless face value fan exchange. Buy a better one at face and dump your old one at face. 
    There will need to be a thread for best ticket improvement. I went from section 311 row 13 to GA in 12 steps!