Options

2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,955
    edited January 2020
    Anyone looking for a ticket buddy for the L.A. shows? I'm registered for both days GA pit tickets. Trying to maximize my chances of attending the show as its the first time theyve been here since 2013
    See PMs

Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,378
    JR86440 said:
    trees said:
    Kralkatl said:
    "We are excited to announce Pearl Jam’s first leg of North American tour dates!"  FIRST LEG!!!
    So there is going to be. A second leg
    Will there be a THIRD leg and if so, how big??
    Depends on how excited Dimi is at the time.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658
    Oh I cant wait till everyone gets their electronic tickets , I always get excited for those who win the lottery and have 1st row! I hope someday I get it but what a feeling it must be to see you got 1st row.
  • Options
    hornig12hornig12 NYC Posts: 14
    this has prob been answered in here somewhere.... but if i put in for B.A tickets does it shut me out of the reserved...? will i still have the 80% chance and reserved as a fall back to the 15% GA ?? 
  • Options
    jdopjjdopj Posts: 652
    Matts3221 said:
    Oh I cant wait till everyone gets their electronic tickets , I always get excited for those who win the lottery and have 1st row! I hope someday I get it but what a feeling it must be to see you got 1st row.
    There aren’t lottery rows. It’s GA
  • Options
    I cannot be chosen for fan club and verified fan, correct? 
    Yes, but there's a 4-ticket limit for the show so if you won 2 in the fan club lottery, you'd only be allowed 2 more.
    Yes you can. They are entirely different.  The verified fan sale is not affiliated with the ten club.  
    I requested through the fan club, and registered through verified fan as well. Is there a way to cancel the verified sale?
  • Options
    Yes, but there's a 4-ticket limit for the show so if you won 2 in the fan club lottery, you'd only be allowed 2 more.
    Yes you can. They are entirely different.  The verified fan sale is not affiliated with the ten club.  
    I requested through the fan club, and registered through verified fan as well. Is there a way to cancel the verified sale?
    ....just don't buy any tickets through the verified sale
  • Options
    jdizzle8291jdizzle8291 Erie, PA Posts: 456
    Only thing verified fan is giving you is the potential opportunity to buy tickets before the public sale. There is no obligation to purchase tickets with the verified fan sale.

2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • Options
    MozzyMozzy Posts: 154
    I’ll say it again. Amazing band to get Ticketmaster to bend the knee to basically reserve all of MSG and 70% of other venues for the fan club. MSG is gonna be wildddd. There will be fan club members in every seat
    Im in for Baltimore, MSG, Nashville, and St Louis. Was trying for OKC but no direct flights from St Louis and that 7.5 hour drive is brutal and expensive to drop a rental car off at a different location
    Southwest Airlines have non-stop flights between STL and OKC. I think OKC will have the best 10C seats or chance of getting pit, so might be worth it. I saw them there in 2003 with a 5 year old 10C account and got 4th row Mike side seats. 
  • Options
    ....just don't buy any tickets through the verified sale
    Only thing verified fan is giving you is the potential opportunity to buy tickets before the public sale. There is no obligation to purchase tickets with the verified fan sale.

Thank you both for explaining.
  • Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 767
    Anyone looking for a ticket buddy for the L.A. shows? I'm registered for both days GA pit tickets. Trying to maximize my chances of attending the show as its the first time theyve been here since 2013
    What is the etiquette on that? Do we declare buddy status ahead of time or wait to see what we get and mix-match like a Tinder (without the hookup)? 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,457
    Matts3221 said:
    The pit is GA there is no front row unless you mean the side stage boxes ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    edited January 2020
    Not to sound douchy, but I cannot stand being in the 200's or 400' (or really any upper deck or level) at any stadium or arena.  I hate heights/having to walk up stairs (specifically when I am drinking and/or fucked up on drugs)....so, as much as I am 100% in favor of this new ticketing system knowing that if I don't win GA means I am probably gonna be in the rafters at MSG is a double edged sword.

#FirstWorldProblems
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658
    jdopj said:
    Matts3221 said:
    There aren’t lottery rows. It’s GA

Oh I thought for some reason even with GA they still did the lottery with the first row behind GA, my confusion also my mind my just be on the last 4 Fenway shows.

I just like reading comments of someone with a high number over the moon with a once in a lifetime ticket.

• Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,909
    hornig12 said:
    this has prob been answered in here somewhere.... but if i put in for B.A tickets does it shut me out of the reserved...? will i still have the 80% chance and reserved as a fall back to the 15% GA ?? 
    If you want to take a shot at GA but still have reserved seats to fall back on, select Best Available which checks both boxes for GA and Reserved. If you only select GA in your choices, you're going for GA or bust.
  • Options
    Not selecting both is insane.

There is 0% chance you won't be able to trade a MSG GA ticket for someone that has a seat if you win GA and would rather have Reserved.

A simple post here asking some to meet up and figure it out at the show is pretty much all it would take.

Winning the GA when you want Reserved at a PJ one night only show at MSG is what I like to refer to as a 'good problem to have'.
  • Options
    Actually, tickets for the NYC show are fully transferable by law, so you wouldn't even need to meet in person.

You would just need to swap tickets via Ticketmaster.
  • Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    Saltzy23 said:
    Not to sound douchy, but I cannot stand being in the 200's or 400' (or really any upper deck or level) at any stadium or arena.  I hate heights/having to walk up stairs (specifically when I am drinking and/or fucked up on drugs)....so, as much as I am 100% in favor of this new ticketing system knowing that if I don't win GA means I am probably gonna be in the rafters at MSG is a double edged sword.

#FirstWorldProblems
    Just a guess but I bet 10c has 80-90% of the lowers as well as everything on floor and if they go to second level only the first 5 rows which at the garden those section directly across from the stage in like 201-208 are great seats. 
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,222
    Saltzy23 said:

#FirstWorldProblems
    Just pay your way to a better seat. That’s the only other option.

I’m sure no one loves being in the back.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:

#FirstWorldProblems

I'm also going to Baltimore, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich and Amsterdam X 2, so if I win the lotto I will take what I get.

I have met and exceeded my PJ budget for 2020 already, and there still might be an entire other leg of the US tour later in the year.
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:

#FirstWorldProblems

I'm also going to Baltimore, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich and Amsterdam X 2, so if I win the lotto I will take what I get.

I have met and exceeded my PJ budget for 2020 already, and there still might be an entire other leg of the US tour later in the year.
    It sounds like you already won the lotto...
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:

#FirstWorldProblems

I have just reached the point in life where I make enough to do what I want to do, and seeing this band play is #1 on that list.  I'm gonna go to every possible show I can go to before either I drop dead or they stop playing.

Since 2018 I have done Madrid, Lisbon, Missoula, Chicago X 2, Boston X2....Eddie solo last year in Tempe, Dublin, and the UK....and the shows above this year.

Not like I need to explain it to this group, but seeing this band play is a fucking drug for me and I absolutely cannot get enough of it.

More!!!
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,996
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:

#FirstWorldProblems

I have just reached the point in life where I make enough to do what I want to do, and seeing this band play is #1 on that list.  I'm gonna go to every possible show I can go to before either I drop dead or they stop playing.

Since 2018 I have done Madrid, Lisbon, Missoula, Chicago X 2, Boston X2....Eddie solo last year in Tempe, Dublin, and the UK....and the shows above this year.

Not like I need to explain it to this group, but seeing this band play is a fucking drug for me and I absolutely cannot get enough of it.

More!!!
    Good for you. When we look back we will regret the shows we didn't go to, not the ones we did. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    JimmyV said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:

#FirstWorldProblems

More!!!
    Good for you. When we look back we will regret the shows we didn't go to, not the ones we did. 
    Missing 'The Ten show' in Philly (when I am in NYC no less) in 2016 was my breaking point.

I legitimately threw my laptop across the room when I woke up the next day and saw the set list.  I said right then and there, 'Never again!'

Also, it's been INCREDIBLE seeing shows with 1 friend, a bunch of friends, solo....friends that are into PJ, friends that (thought) they weren't, making friends at the shows, etc.

The shows in EU this year I am going with my best friend from high school who is in the middle of a divorce that has only been to 1 show in his life.  It's gonna be something we remember for the rest of our lives.

By the end of this tour I would have gone to at least one PJ show with anyone I consider a 'close friend' in my life.  I'll remember this era as the best years of my life.  Fuck money, that is what life is all about.
    Post edited by Saltzy23 on
  • Options
    NEweatherNEweather Posts: 510
    More. Go for it.
  • Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    Saltzy23 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:

#FirstWorldProblems

More!!!
    Missing 'The Ten show' in Philly (when I am in NYC no less) in 2016 was my breaking point.

I legitimacy threw my laptop across the room when I woke up the next day and saw the set list.  I said right then and there, 'Never again!'

Also, it's been INCREDIBLE seeing shows with 1 friend, a bunch of friends, solo....friends that are into PJ, friends that (thought) they weren't, making friends at the shows, etc.

The shows in EU this year I am going with my best friend from high school who is in the middle of a divorce that has only been to 1 show in his life.  It's gonna be something we remember for the rest of our lives.

By the end of this tour I would have gone to at least one PJ show with anyone I consider a 'close friend' in my life.  I'll remember this era as the best years of my life.  Fuck money, that is what life is all about.
    What was your first show? Love your passion 
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:

#FirstWorldProblems

More!!!
    Same here.  Doing Baltimore, NYC, STL, SD, LA x2, London, Krakow, Budapest.
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:

#FirstWorldProblems

More!!!
    This ^^
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,046
    Saltzy23 said:
    Not selecting both is insane.

There is 0% chance you won't be able to trade a MSG GA ticket for someone that has a seat if you win GA and would rather have Reserved.

A simple post here asking some to meet up and figure it out at the show is pretty much all it would take.

Winning the GA when you want Reserved at a PJ one night only show at MSG is what I like to refer to as a 'good problem to have'.
    I disagree with this. If you want reserved and not GA there is absolutely no reason to put in for GA. It does not help your odds doing this at all and just gets you a ticket you do not want. If your name is selected and you just put reserved down you win reserved. 
  • Options
    JP218404 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:

#FirstWorldProblems

More!!!

I legitimacy threw my laptop across the room when I woke up the next day and saw the set list.  I said right then and there, 'Never again!'

What was your first show? Love your passion 
    https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/pearl-jam/2003/pnc-bank-arts-center-holmdel-nj-6bd626be.html

I was kind of a late bloomer.

I like to say that I dated a bunch of bands before I realized that PJ was really my true soulmate.