2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    JP218404 said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    JP218404 said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Radio City Music Hall is open 3/29 and 3/31.    Imagine. :)
    Go uptown more. 
    Beacon?
    More
    Apollo in Harlem ?

Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    jimfishjimfish Detroit Posts: 51
    I love these tour stops.  A good spread across the country and a couple of spicy ones thrown in.  Almost back to the days of Thunder Bay and St. John's Newfoundland (which should totally happen in the Fall please!).   
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,904
    I wish PJ management could work in at least a couple of shows without GA , the 2013 London Ontario show was all reserved seating! I passed on Wrigley and drove 11 hrs to London Ontario because of the reserved seating up front it was worth it ...
    I would love that. No reason to not mix it up from time to time 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Tool does reserved on the floor and I am a big fan of that over GA.  In fact I am seeing them in PHX Saturday night VIP.
    91 - Ames Iowa CY Stephens Auditorium
    Lots Lots Lots of shows.....
    2018 - Seattle 2/Missoula
  • Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 761
    Vedd Hedd said:
    I'm fine with hearing the same 7-10 songs in back to back shows.   Most bands do a standard setlist. 

They play THIS song, and then you KNOW that THAT song is immediately after it.  U2, Springsteen, the Who, etc.   They might change up a couple of songs here or there.  But most nights...its the EXACT same setlist.  U2 sold out a ton of shows with the same setlists in Chicago . 

Pearl Jam....they probably COULD just go to a standard setlist, I'm 100% glad they don't.  I like hearing a show back to back that is 70% different than the night before.  Especially when some songs are played once or twice per tour.  Its pretty special the way they do that. 

I watched a Trey Anastasio documentary on a plane last night. They did 13 nights at MSG with no repeats. Incredible.

• Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    kaw753 said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    I'm fine with hearing the same 7-10 songs in back to back shows.   Most bands do a standard setlist. 

They play THIS song, and then you KNOW that THAT song is immediately after it.  U2, Springsteen, the Who, etc.   They might change up a couple of songs here or there.  But most nights...its the EXACT same setlist.  U2 sold out a ton of shows with the same setlists in Chicago . 

Pearl Jam....they probably COULD just go to a standard setlist, I'm 100% glad they don't.  I like hearing a show back to back that is 70% different than the night before.  Especially when some songs are played once or twice per tour.  Its pretty special the way they do that. 

I watched a Trey Anastasio documentary on a plane last night. They did 13 nights at MSG with no repeats. Incredible.

Cough cough PJ..how about no repeats in Canada!?!
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,904
    kaw753 said:
    Vedd Hedd said:

The variety in their set-lists is unreal.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,495
    mcgruff10 said:
    kaw753 said:
    Vedd Hedd said:

The variety in their set-lists is unreal.  
    Yeah, thats pretty amazing
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    JM144705JM144705 Philadelphia Posts: 429
    Tool does reserved on the floor and I am a big fan of that over GA.  In fact I am seeing them in PHX Saturday night VIP.
    I agree with seated floor over GA. I seen TOOL last November and had floor seats 6 rows from the stage dead center, pretty fantastic.
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,495
    I would love a few shows with seats on the floor instead of GA. No shoving, i can go to the bathroom like a human without losing my spot. I can eat when I want to and visit the city instead of sitting in a GA line. Again, not every show, but a few would be great. 
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    MD190661MD190661 Posts: 348
    edited January 2020
    I like the GA pit. Plenty of room towards the back and sides and you still have some of the best seats in the house. I've been in it twice and never waited in line. Waltzed in 20 minutes before show time and got the spot I wanted. If I cared about being right up front I might feel differently.
    Post edited by MD190661 on
    10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/16/96, 7/22/98, 10/21/01, 6/1/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 9/1/05, 7/15/06, 7/18/06, 8/28/09, 10/07/09, 10/3/12, 11/26/13, 6/18/18, 8/10/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22

• Options
    NateDNateD Posts: 14
    Let’s transition this thread away from Trey Anastasio and back towards fall rumors.

- Boner Champ
  • Options
    ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    Vedd Hedd said:
    I would love a few shows with seats on the floor instead of GA. No shoving, i can go to the bathroom like a human without losing my spot. I can eat when I want to and visit the city instead of sitting in a GA line. Again, not every show, but a few would be great. 
    I'm with you on that. It would be a nice change.
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • Options
    YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 561
    edited January 2020
    Fall tour.
    Boston
    NYC 
    Philadelphia 
    Charlotte 
    Columbus 
    Detroit 
    Minneapolis 
    Chicago 
    Kansas city 
    Houston 
    Dallas 
    Albuquerque 
    Las Vegas 10/22 or
    Portland 
    Spokane 
    Vancouver 
    Seattle  or 10/22
    Just a guess. 
    Post edited by YAKIMATSU on
  • Options
    JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557
    YAKIMATSU said:
    Fall tour.
    Boston
    NYC 
    Philadelphia 
    Charlotte 
    Columbus 
    Detroit 
    Minneapolis 
    Chicago 
    Kansas city 
    Houston 
    Dallas 
    Albuquerque 
    Las Vegas
    > Salt Lake
    > Boise
    > Red Rocks
    > Winnipeg
    > Saskatoon
    > Edmonton
    > Vancouver
    > Spokane
    > The Gorge
    > Portland
    Seattle  on 10/22
    Just a guess. 
    This.
    But with a little added embellishment. 
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,912
    YAKIMATSU said:
    Fall tour.
    Boston
    NYC 
    Philadelphia 
    Charlotte 
    Columbus 
    Detroit 
    Minneapolis 
    Chicago 
    Kansas city 
    Houston 
    Dallas 
    Albuquerque 
    Las Vegas 10/22 or
    Portland 
    Spokane 
    Vancouver 
    Seattle  or 10/22
    Just a guess. 
    Would LOVE if they started in Halifax, Nova Scotia then work their way down to Moncton, New Brunswick then off to Augusta, Maine ...

• Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,402
    Red Lukin said:
    kaw753 said:
    Vedd Hedd said:

Cough cough PJ..how about no repeats in Canada!?!
    geez, how about being happy the band it touring...no repeats in 4 shows? Yeah, right...
  • Options
    YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 561
    Jbarker said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    Fall tour.
    Boston
    NYC 
    Philadelphia 
    Charlotte 
    Columbus 
    Detroit 
    Minneapolis 
    Chicago 
    Kansas city 
    Houston 
    Dallas 
    Albuquerque 
    Las Vegas
    > Salt Lake
    > Boise
    > Red Rocks
    > Winnipeg
    > Saskatoon
    > Edmonton
    > Vancouver
    > Spokane
    > The Gorge
    > Portland
    Seattle  on 10/22
    Just a guess. 
    This.
    But with a little added embellishment. 
    I would love,but I think too cold for red rocks and gorge.
  • Options
    kaw753 said:
    Vedd Hedd said:

Yes!!
    I was there for a few of those shows and just saw them at MSG over the New Years run. They mix it up every single night...my other favourite band :) 
    9-21-96 Toronto
    8-22-98 Barrie
    10-5-00 Toronto
    6-28-03 Toronto
    9-12-05 London, 9-13-05 Hamilton, 9-19-05 Toronto
    5-9-06 Toronto, 5-10-06 Toronto
    6-24-08 MSG, 6-25-08 MSG, 8-12-08 EV, 8-13-08 EV
    8-21-09 Toronto
    5-09-10 Cleveland, 5-10-10 Buffalo
    9-3-11 Pj20, 9-4-11 Pj20, 9-11-11 Toronto, 9-12-11 Toronto, 9-15-11 Hamilton
    7-16-13 London
    10-16-14 Detroit
    5-1-16 MSG, 5-2-16 MSG, 5-10-16 Toronto, 5-11-16 Toronto, 8-5-16 Fenway, 8-7-16 Fenway 
    9-4-18 Fenway 
    9-3-22 Ottawa, 9-6-22 Hamilton, 9-8-22 Toronto 
  • Options
    drandodrando Posts: 68
    YAKIMATSU said:
    Fall tour.
    Boston
    NYC 
    Philadelphia 
    Charlotte 
    Columbus 
    Detroit 
    Minneapolis 
    Chicago 
    Kansas city 
    Houston 
    Dallas 
    Albuquerque 
    Las Vegas 10/22 or
    Portland 
    Spokane 
    Vancouver 
    Seattle  or 10/22
    Just a guess. 
    I fully agree that they will come back to play NYC again on the second leg.  Most likely Barclays Center second time around as that place is empty in the fall until Basketball and Hockey pick back up.  E-sports and some other shows are the only thing they have going on at that time.
  • Options
    pawlowski1097pawlowski1097 Philadelphia, PA Posts: 571
    mcgruff10 said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    If Pearl Jam's goal was to play a ton of shows they would play a ton of shows.   They could sellout five shows at MSG but are fine playing one. 
    Could they sellout 5 shows there with how much of their setlist they repeat?
    I think 2 or 3 would sellout.  
    5 *could* sell out if they billed it as doing NO repeats, which they could but never would for whatever reason.
    4 shows at the spectrum in Philly sold out. 
    Night one was not a sell out. Lots of seats in the upper areas went unsold. 
    Five shows at msg would sell
    out in under an hour.  
    The World Series was on and in Philadelphia during that run, people wanted to watch or attend that. So that took away a lot of people who normally would of went to a Pearl Jam show
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    kaw753 said:
    Vedd Hedd said:

Pretty sure their whole last fall tour had no repeats too
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    Scot ConantScot Conant Michigan Posts: 74
    Saltzy23 said:
    CP218430 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Not to sound douchy, but I cannot stand being in the 200's or 400' (or really any upper deck or level) at any stadium or arena.  I hate heights/having to walk up stairs (specifically when I am drinking and/or fucked up on drugs)....so, as much as I am 100% in favor of this new ticketing system knowing that if I don't win GA means I am probably gonna be in the rafters at MSG is a double edged sword.

#FirstWorldProblems
    Just pay your way to a better seat. That’s the only other option.

I’m sure no one loves being in the back.
    I'm also going to Baltimore, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich and Amsterdam X 2, so if I win the lotto I will take what I get.

I have met and exceeded my PJ budget for 2020 already, and there still might be an entire other leg of the US tour later in the year.
    It sounds like you already won the lotto...
    I have just reached the point in life where I make enough to do what I want to do, and seeing this band play is #1 on that list.  I'm gonna go to every possible show I can go to before either I drop dead or they stop playing.

Since 2018 I have done Madrid, Lisbon, Missoula, Chicago X 2, Boston X2....Eddie solo last year in Tempe, Dublin, and the UK....and the shows above this year.

Not like I need to explain it to this group, but seeing this band play is a fucking drug for me and I absolutely cannot get enough of it.

More!!!
    Good for you. When we look back we will regret the shows we didn't go to, not the ones we did. 
    Missing 'The Ten show' in Philly (when I am in NYC no less) in 2016 was my breaking point.

I legitimately threw my laptop across the room when I woke up the next day and saw the set list.  I said right then and there, 'Never again!'

Also, it's been INCREDIBLE seeing shows with 1 friend, a bunch of friends, solo....friends that are into PJ, friends that (thought) they weren't, making friends at the shows, etc.

The shows in EU this year I am going with my best friend from high school who is in the middle of a divorce that has only been to 1 show in his life.  It's gonna be something we remember for the rest of our lives.

By the end of this tour I would have gone to at least one PJ show with anyone I consider a 'close friend' in my life.  I'll remember this era as the best years of my life.  Fuck money, that is what life is all about.
    I had the same moment when I missed Moline and Milwaukee (3 hours and 1 hour).....sure my daughter was five months old and I was getting no sleep but I go to great lengths now. Drive places by myself, attend shows solo....maybe I'm weird but I love it! I get friends to go see the band that never have and always treat them to a ticket. As I get older I realize I have few hobbies, this is my legit hobby. 
    People that don't understand passion think people like us are weird.

Fuck those people.
    Nah. I pity those people. They don't know...they just don't know!

10/16/14 - Detroit * 04/29/16 - TENadelphia * 10/20/16 - Chicago * 10/22/16 - Chicago * 10/18/18 - Chicago * 10/20/18 - Chicago * 09/16/22 - Nashville * 09/17/22 - Louisville * 09/07/23 - Chicago * 09/10/23 - Noblesville (Postponed)
  • Options
    LostpawnLostpawn Posts: 414
    YAKIMATSU said:
    Fall tour.
    Boston
    NYC 
    Philadelphia 
    Charlotte 
    Columbus 
    Detroit 
    Minneapolis 
    Chicago 
    Kansas city 
    Houston 
    Dallas 
    Albuquerque 
    Las Vegas 10/22 or
    Portland 
    Spokane 
    Vancouver 
    Seattle  or 10/22
    Just a guess. 
    Interesting list. 

Given the election season I would be surprised if they skipped FL. Either Ft. Lauderdale or Miami might be in play, since Miami-Dade and Broward counties are major population centers.  I would also add Milwaukee, and remove Albuquerque and the Canadian shows. Maybe Pittsburgh?  All just speculation. 
  • Options
    PeterEDPeterED Posts: 365
    edited January 2020
    Lostpawn said:
    Interesting list. 

Given the election season I would be surprised if they skipped FL. Either Ft. Lauderdale or Miami might be in play, since Miami-Dade and Broward counties are major population centers.  I would also add Milwaukee, and remove Albuquerque and the Canadian shows. Maybe Pittsburgh?  All just speculation. 
    A number of posters have mentioned the election. Do people think a concert by a privileged rock band will change votes? Or is it voter registration?

And don’t you dare remove Canadian shows!
    Barrie, Ontario (August 05, 1992); Toronto, Ontario (August 18, 1993); Toronto, Ontario (October 05, 2000); Buffalo, New York (May 02, 2003); Toronto, Ontario (May 09, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (May 10, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (August 21, 2009); Buffalo, New York (May 10, 2010); Toronto, Ontario (September 11, 2011); Toronto, Ontario (September 12, 2011); Toronto 1 (May 10, 2016); Toronto 2 (May 12, 2016); Ottawa (September 3, 2022); Hamilton (September 6, 2022); Toronto (September 8, 2022)
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,138
    Saltzy23 said:
    JP218404 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Not to sound douchy, but I cannot stand being in the 200's or 400' (or really any upper deck or level) at any stadium or arena.  I hate heights/having to walk up stairs (specifically when I am drinking and/or fucked up on drugs)....so, as much as I am 100% in favor of this new ticketing system knowing that if I don't win GA means I am probably gonna be in the rafters at MSG is a double edged sword.

#FirstWorldProblems
    Just pay your way to a better seat. That’s the only other option.

I’m sure no one loves being in the back.
    I'm also going to Baltimore, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich and Amsterdam X 2, so if I win the lotto I will take what I get.

I have met and exceeded my PJ budget for 2020 already, and there still might be an entire other leg of the US tour later in the year.
    It sounds like you already won the lotto...
    I have just reached the point in life where I make enough to do what I want to do, and seeing this band play is #1 on that list.  I'm gonna go to every possible show I can go to before either I drop dead or they stop playing.

Since 2018 I have done Madrid, Lisbon, Missoula, Chicago X 2, Boston X2....Eddie solo last year in Tempe, Dublin, and the UK....and the shows above this year.

Not like I need to explain it to this group, but seeing this band play is a fucking drug for me and I absolutely cannot get enough of it.

More!!!
    Good for you. When we look back we will regret the shows we didn't go to, not the ones we did. 
    Missing 'The Ten show' in Philly (when I am in NYC no less) in 2016 was my breaking point.

I legitimacy threw my laptop across the room when I woke up the next day and saw the set list.  I said right then and there, 'Never again!'

Also, it's been INCREDIBLE seeing shows with 1 friend, a bunch of friends, solo....friends that are into PJ, friends that (thought) they weren't, making friends at the shows, etc.

The shows in EU this year I am going with my best friend from high school who is in the middle of a divorce that has only been to 1 show in his life.  It's gonna be something we remember for the rest of our lives.

By the end of this tour I would have gone to at least one PJ show with anyone I consider a 'close friend' in my life.  I'll remember this era as the best years of my life.  Fuck money, that is what life is all about.
    What was your first show? Love your passion 
    https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/pearl-jam/2003/pnc-bank-arts-center-holmdel-nj-6bd626be.html

I was kind of a late bloomer.

I like to say that I dated a bunch of bands before I realized that PJ was really my true soulmate.
    Yeah I was a big Soundgarden, STP, AIC fan before PJ.  It was when SG broke up that I started getting into PJ more.

I was put off from PJ initially because they were on MTV and I was convinced that anyone on MTV was shit.

Vitalogy was the first album I purchased.  It was Corduroy that hooked me.

First time I ever heard of Soundgarden was back in the day when I used to toot the horn totally zonked watched Rusty Cage on The MTV. I was mesmerized. 
  • Options
    LostpawnLostpawn Posts: 414
    edited January 2020
    PJ have done several election drives in the past, focused on registration. I’d expect the same this year, given our current political situation. 

Edit: Sorry about the Canada thing. You can keep one.  =)
    Post edited by Lostpawn on
  • Options
    EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    PeterED said:
    Lostpawn said:
    Interesting list. 

A number of posters have mentioned the election. Do people think a concert by a privileged rock band will change votes? Or is it voter registration?

And don’t you dare remove Canadian shows!
    It'd be more about the registration then changing votes. Same as the 2004 Vote for change shows. Then again, they might just be breaking up the legs with the euro run.
  • Options
    .Halifax2TheMax said:
    Sarava said:
    If questions bother some people, this probably isn't the best thread for them to read then.
    Questions don’t bother me.  Lazy questions where the person doesn’t read the email/link with info answering said questions do.  Big difference.  I mean if this tour is a big deal for you wouldn’t you read up before purchasing?!  
    Can you tell me when tickets go on sale?
    Tickets for what?

The delayed video feed of the MSG show at Stony Brook Gym. Duh.

I’m still wandering around 25A looking for Jose  and wondering why Hal has left AMT. Guess it’s time to add to that incredible list?
  • Options
    Although I could see the no 10club add on being something TM and MSG would do, There is absolutely no second msg show.  It’s been only one on 3/30 from the beginning.  I think they added the date because it was available and they would be in the area for album release and promo (SiriusXM) So why not get a quick payday? 
    If rumored 3/26 is SiriusXM, it only leaves  3/31 or 4/1 for any add ons and msg is not available. 

If they were worried about big paydays then why play all the cities with 99% odds? Do kiddies even like rock n roll any more? There are not 15000 PJ fans in the Los Angeles. Lorca I don’t like this alternate reality.