The Democratic Presidential Debates

Comments

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,332
    I agree. Don't vote for that liar Bernie sanders.  Just ask Elizabeth Warren.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    Agreed.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,619
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,083
    edited January 2020
    mcgruff10 said:
    Agreed.
    And still you'd proudly vote for fascist Trump over Sanders.

So maybe skip joining in on this discussion.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    mcgruff10 said:
    Agreed.

It just shows what a horrible candidate Sanders is in my eyes.  I ll continue to engage in this discussion since I m the only one voting in the election between the two of us. 

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Agreed.

It just shows what a horrible candidate Sanders is in my eyes.  I ll continue to engage in this discussion since I m the only one voting in the election between the two of us. 

That's a fair call....
    edited January 2020
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Agreed.

Why do you so often piggyback on other peoples posts and opinions? Now its Mickeyrats endlessly repeated (and moot) punchline you choose to parrot. Historically it has most often been mrussels. 

I don't get it.

And say what you want about Sanders being "horrible", you still would pick full blown racist Trump and his 8000+ lies. Which i don't even think the parroted in here would be able to defend. Or at least I hope they can't.

And that's the end of the "engaging" for me, because I don't see what there is to gain from someone who's able to "proudly" choose Trump over a normal human being. You that even are the only one voting in the election between the two of us! Come on Man! (Biden quote)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Agreed.

Why do you so often piggyback on other peoples posts and opinions? Now its Mickeyrats endlessly repeated (and moot) punchline you choose to parrot. Historically it has most often been mrussels. 

I don't get that trait.

And say what you want about Sanders being "horrible", you still would pick full blown racist Trump and his 8000+ lies. Which i don't even think the parroted in here would be able to defend. Or at least I hope they can't.

And that's the end of the "engaging" for me, because what is there to gain from someone who would "proudly" choose Trump over a normal human being. You that even are the only one voting in the election between the two of us! Come on Man! (Biden quote)
    Yes voting for trump over sanders is a very popular opinion around here that I have piggybacked (insert sarcasm).  Second amendment rights is one where I got against the norm.  On Iran, mrussell and I went head to head.  So I"m not really sure where you are coming from on that one.  All my thoughts are my own.  
    I did use mickeyrats line about you not voting here in the us. Guilty as charged.  

And yes I think Sanders is horrible.  His policies would cost me a hell of a lot of money to the point where I would actual question whether or not I would be able to pay my current bills and live in my house.  I realize you only have to worry about you but I have an entire family to take care of.
  • ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Agreed.

I don't get that trait.

And that's the end of the "engaging" for me, because what is there to gain from someone who would "proudly" choose Trump over a normal human being. You that even are the only one voting in the election between the two of us! Come on Man! (Biden quote)
    Yes voting for trump over sanders is a very popular opinion around here that I have piggybacked (insert sarcasm).  Second amendment rights is one where I got against the norm.  On Iran, mrussell and I went head to head.  So I"m not really sure where you are coming from on that one.  All my thoughts are my own.  
    I did use mickeyrats line about you not voting here in the us. Guilty as charged.  

And yes I think Sanders is horrible.  His policies would cost me a hell of a lot of money to the point where I would actual question whether or not I would be able to pay my current bills and live in my house.  I realize you only have to worry about you but I have an entire family to take care of.
    Fingers crossed 
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Agreed.

I don't get that trait.

Fingers crossed 
    That Biden wins? Agreed. 
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Agreed.

I don't get that trait.

Fingers crossed 
    That Biden wins? Agreed. 
    No, fingers crossed that your taxes are so high that you can't take care of your family.  
    edited January 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Agreed.

I don't get that trait.

Fingers crossed 
    That Biden wins? Agreed. 
    No, fingers crossed that your taxes are so high that you can't take care of your family.  
    I heard houses are cheap in Richmond 
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Agreed.

I don't get that trait.

Fingers crossed 
    That Biden wins? Agreed. 
    I heard houses are cheap in Richmond 
    Better than Jersey!  Come to a state with a moderate government. We have great public schools too.  
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Agreed.

I don't get that trait.

Fingers crossed 
    That Biden wins? Agreed. 

I knew exactly what he meant. Classy as usual. 
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Agreed.

I don't get that trait.

Fingers crossed 
    That Biden wins? Agreed. 
    Since it may be a while before we get to full communism, I'd like to see taxes increased across the board, but definitely on anyone who would be significantly affected by Sanders's policies.  
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Agreed.

I don't get that trait.

Fingers crossed 
    That Biden wins? Agreed. 
    Since it may be a while before we get to full communism, I'd like to see taxes increased across the board, but definitely on anyone who would be significantly affected by Sanders's policies.  
    Communism is a failed economic philosophy and is for fucking morons.  Excuse my language.  
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Agreed.

I don't get that trait.

Fingers crossed 
    That Biden wins? Agreed. 
    Communism is a failed economic philosophy and is for fucking morons.  Excuse my language.  
    Agreed. Are north korea and Cuba shining examples?

mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Agreed.

I don't get that trait.

Fingers crossed 
    That Biden wins? Agreed. 
    Capitalism is a failed economic philosophy and is for fucking sociopaths. We can excuse each other's language. 
  • mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Agreed.

I don't get that trait.

Fingers crossed 
    That Biden wins? Agreed. 
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Agreed.

I don't get that trait.

Fingers crossed 
    That Biden wins? Agreed. 
    Capitalism is a failed economic philosophy and is for fucking sociopaths. We can excuse each other's language. 

ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Agreed.

I don't get that trait.

Fingers crossed 
    That Biden wins? Agreed. 
    No one is stopping you from moving to North Korea.  I'm sure they'd love to have an academic to use in some propaganda video.  You soil your soul every day you exercise the freedoms of 'your' country.  
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Agreed.

I don't get that trait.

Fingers crossed 
    That Biden wins? Agreed. 
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Agreed.

I don't get that trait.

Fingers crossed 
    That Biden wins? Agreed. 

I think I'm now supposed to say something about how you don't get to vote in US elections. 
    edited January 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Agreed.

I don't get that trait.

Fingers crossed 
    That Biden wins? Agreed. 
    No one is stopping you from moving to North Korea.
    Why would he/she?

What made you suddenly so weirdly aggravated. Lol.
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Agreed.

I don't get that trait.

Fingers crossed 
    That Biden wins? Agreed. 

Well Cambodia and the Soviet Block were stunning successes as well.  Even Vietnam transferred from a centrally planned to a market economy starting in the 80's and now over 40 million people were lifted out of poverty.  People who advocate for communism just have never done any real critical analysis.  They read Marx and say "aha!".  Yet it fails every time.  
    edited January 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Agreed.

I don't get that trait.

Fingers crossed 
    That Biden wins? Agreed. 

Well Cambodia and the Soviet Block were stunning successes as well.  Even Vietnam transferred from a centrally planned to a market economy starting in the 80's and now over 40 million people were lifted out of poverty.  People who advocate for communism just have never done any real critical analysis.  They read Marx and say "aha!".  Yet it fails every time.  
    Social democracy has provided the far best successes in history. If you want to go down that path.

Greedy capitalism fueled by egocentrism and patriotism (read nationalism) has not.

Not to point out the obvious.
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Agreed.

I don't get that trait.

Fingers crossed 
    That Biden wins? Agreed. 

*Bloc
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Agreed.

I don't get that trait.

Fingers crossed 
    That Biden wins? Agreed. 

Pol pot did an amazing job. 
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Agreed.

I don't get that trait.

Fingers crossed 
    That Biden wins? Agreed. 

So did Kissinger. 
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Agreed.

I don't get that trait.

Fingers crossed 
    That Biden wins? Agreed. 

Democratic socialism has provided the far best successes in history. If you want to go down that path.

Greedy capitalism fueled by egocentrism and patriotism (read nationalism) has not.
    There's a world of difference between Dem socialism/socialism and communism.  And Sweden is a market/mixed economy just like the US.  Social benefits are the difference, although I don't know which country has more gov't investments.  There's no comparison between communism and a gov't providing social benefits.  
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Agreed.

I don't get that trait.

Fingers crossed 
    That Biden wins? Agreed. 

*Bloc
    auto-correct, but yes and the point stands.  
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Agreed.

I don't get that trait.

Fingers crossed 
    That Biden wins? Agreed. 

So did Kissinger. 
    and Stalin..and Lenin...and Mao...
This discussion has been closed.