The Democratic Presidential Debates

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Biden sure is something. Maybe he'll instead vote for a fascist and be proud of it like @mcgruff10

Biden won’t commit to backing Sanders if he’s the nominee

https://apnews.com/0c9c652ec75fc4d6b14e69006c34d14f

Just a quick recap of my presidential voting history:
    1996 (were you in 2nd grade this year): bill clinton
    2000: Al Gore
    2004: John Kerry
    2008/12: Barack Obama
    2016: Hillary Clinton

I am center left and really really don't agree with the policies of Sanders or Warren so if they were the dems candidate I'd have to really take a long look at my vote but honestly I'd probably vote Trump.  I think I agree with him more with him than the extreme left.

So again, how are the democrats doing in your country?  Which one are you hoping gets elected?
    The bolded is all you have to say. It says everything.

Not allowed to discuss Sweden in relations to the US is my understanding.  So you have to check with Kat first if I can respond to that. Whatever relevance to the thread it has?
    So what exactly does it say about me?  I don't agree with the far left.  Sanders and Warren are worse candidates than Hillary.  Pete, Biden, even Yang I would vote for but not the other two.  I hate  warren's stance on college loan forgiveness and breaking up corporations like amazon and how on earth are we ever going to afford everything Bernie promises?  
    lol at "far left" 

and what it says about you. I just responded to that, so let me paraphrase myself.

You are proud to be voting for a fascist and a serial rapist who is tearing up anything that has to do with fighting climate change. 
    Proud?  no.  I'd be pissed that my party voted in a candidate that is way too far left for my liking.  

But seems nothing can be too far right for your liking.

Amazing.
    Did you actually read the candidates I have voted for? again:
    clinton, gore, kerry, obama x2, clinton.
    What the heck are you talking about?

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Biden sure is something. Maybe he'll instead vote for a fascist and be proud of it like @mcgruff10

I am center left and really really don't agree with the policies of Sanders or Warren so if they were the dems candidate I'd have to really take a long look at my vote but honestly I'd probably vote Trump.  I think I agree with him more with him than the extreme left.

So again, how are the democrats doing in your country?  Which one are you hoping gets elected?

Not allowed to discuss Sweden in relations to the US is my understanding.  So you have to check with Kat first if I can respond to that. Whatever relevance to the thread it has?
    So what exactly does it say about me?  I don't agree with the far left.  Sanders and Warren are worse candidates than Hillary.  Pete, Biden, even Yang I would vote for but not the other two.  I hate  warren's stance on college loan forgiveness and breaking up corporations like amazon and how on earth are we ever going to afford everything Bernie promises?  
    lol at "far left" 

and what it says about you. I just responded to that, so let me paraphrase myself.

You are proud to be voting for a fascist and a serial rapist who is tearing up anything that has to do with fighting climate change. 
    Proud?  no.  I'd be pissed that my party voted in a candidate that is way too far left for my liking.  

I would vote Sanders,  but would be fine if the Republicans held the Senate, providing a check.  Trump is so corrupt,  unprincipled and a shitty human, that I could never pull that lever 
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

lol at "far left" 

I would vote Sanders,  but would be fine if the Republicans held the Senate, providing a check.  Trump is so corrupt,  unprincipled and a shitty human, that I could never pull that lever 
    hmmm I never thought of that.  I like the check but I don't know if I could vote Sanders.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,148
    Putting up a questionable candidate and shrieking at people didn't work in 2016, either
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,745
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

lol at "far left" 

hmmm I never thought of that.  I like the check but I don't know if I could vote Sanders.
    even knowing virtually all the campaign policy position are nonstarters  legislatively?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,619
    pjl44 said:
    brianlux said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    pjl44 said:
    The punishment for no sense of humor is you have to post a question in the transgender thread
    This is funny as hell! Lol. I m buying you a “Sanders” at the next pj preparty!  Actually @brianlux said he s buy the first two rounds of sanders at the pj show in Oakland.  

Hey, wait a doggone minute!  Oh, what the hey, why not!

Cheers!
    The drinks are flowing! Oaktoooooown.

I don't have tickets for the show but "Oaktown" (LOL) is about 2 1/2 hours from home, so I'm hoping I can make it down there to meet some of you fine folks! 

For those who are going, the Oakland Arena is a great venue!  In years past, I've seen a few amazing shows there- Jethro Tull in the  80's was awesome! Have a blast!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:
    pjl44 said:
    brianlux said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    pjl44 said:
    The punishment for no sense of humor is you have to post a question in the transgender thread
    This is funny as hell! Lol. I m buying you a “Sanders” at the next pj preparty!  Actually @brianlux said he s buy the first two rounds of sanders at the pj show in Oakland.  

Cheers!

I don't have tickets for the show but "Oaktown" (LOL) is about 2 1/2 hours from home, so I'm hoping I can make it down there to meet some of you fine folks! 

For those who are going, the Oakland Arena is a great venue!  In years past, I've seen a few amazing shows there- Jethro Tull in the  80's was awesome! Have a blast!
    I'd love to meet you.
    @Spiritual_Chaos I just want to say I'm sorry.  Doesn't matter what for, but just know that I am. 
    mrussel1 said:
    @Spiritual_Chaos I just want to say I'm sorry.  Doesn't matter what for, but just know that I am. 
    I want to buy him a nice cold zima on tap at the next pre party. 
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I want to buy him a nice cold zima on tap at the next pre party. 
    Hell I'll listen to Kiss songs!  Even "On the 8th Day"!  
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,619
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    pjl44 said:
    brianlux said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    pjl44 said:

Cheers!

I'd love to meet you.

Great, likewise, M!  I hope I can make it down!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,520
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

lol at "far left" 

You’d prefer trump gutted health insurance from 20+ million Americans rather than sanders make sure all could get access?
    edited January 2020
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

lol at "far left" 

You’d prefer trump gutted health insurance from 20+ million Americans rather than sanders make sure all could get access?
    please explain to me how any of his proposals becone law.
    seriously. first you need to win over moderates in the house. not likely in my estimation. 

THEN  you need to get 50 plus Senators to vote for the same. Unless ACTUAL Ds occupy that many seats there all of his promises are dead in the water. thats just a plain fact.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,520
    mickeyrat said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

lol at "far left" 

seriously. first you need to win over moderates in the house. not likely in my estimation. 

THEN  you need to get 50 plus Senators to vote for the same. Unless ACTUAL Ds occupy that many seats there all of his promises are dead in the water. thats just a plain fact.

Sanders is a movement. One election doesnt change the country. A younger generation getting left behind financially and who has different values vote overwhelmingly against the status quo repeatedly every 2 years.

It very likely America is not ready for this but this is how it starts.
    mickeyrat said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

lol at "far left" 

Sanders is a movement. One election doesnt change the country. A younger generation getting left behind financially and who has different values vote overwhelmingly against the status quo repeatedly every 2 years.

It very likely America is not ready for this but this is how it starts.
    America hasn't been ready for most progress.

so I hope they are steadfast and persistant but open to some  measure of compromise and the incremental change that can come with it.

mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

lol at "far left" 

Wherein "gutted health insurance" is people unenrolling from plans now that they're no longer required to buy them and "access" is taking away private insurance (including that which many unions have fought hard for) and replacing it with a centralized federal system that will conservatively double the entire annual budget
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER Posts: 6,499
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

lol at "far left" 

Yeah, fuck Sanders.  Write in Spiritual Chaos :)
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I hope Hillary loses all $50M.  
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,097
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

lol at "far left" 

I wouldn't be surprised to find out Spiritual_Chaos IS Bernie Sanders!
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER Posts: 6,499
    benjs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

lol at "far left" 

Then vote for the meteor strike, ha. I hear it is bipartisan!
    benjs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

lol at "far left" 

Holy mind fuck!!
    Jason P said:
    I hope Hillary loses all $50M.  
    god I dig your randomness. commenting out of the blue days after....

mickeyrat said:
    This is an interesting article, thanks for sharing.  Bloomberg's movement is pretty interesting.  His buys have worked, that's for sure.  He will be relevant this spring, and poses a risk for Biden in particular.  If Warren dropped and Bloomberg stayed, you could see a Bernie win.  Same might be true the other way.  This will be a fascinating spring for political junkies.  I just don't want them damaging each other.  Win on your own merits.  
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    This is an interesting article, thanks for sharing.  Bloomberg's movement is pretty interesting.  His buys have worked, that's for sure.  He will be relevant this spring, and poses a risk for Biden in particular.  If Warren dropped and Bloomberg stayed, you could see a Bernie win.  Same might be true the other way.  This will be a fascinating spring for political junkies.  I just don't want them damaging each other.  Win on your own merits.  
    I m actually warming up to Bloomberg. 
  • ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    https://jacobinmag.com/2019/11/michael-bloomberg-2020-presidential-election-democratic-party-nomination

The official case for a Bloomberg nomination, such as it is, hinges on the ludicrous idea that the current Democratic field needs yet another business-friendly centrist touting some form of compromise between the ordinarily and extraordinarily wealthy.”
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    I have no fundamental issues with him at all.  He's good on guys, good on healthcare.  He's pro-business, but not to the point of being a zealot.  I'd be fine with him, with what I know so far.  I haven't read on his position of Palestine, so that's important.  He's Jewish, so I would want to know that he would be a fair arbiter of that issue.  
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    I have no fundamental issues with him at all.  He's good on guys, good on healthcare.  He's pro-business, but not to the point of being a zealot.  I'd be fine with him, with what I know so far.  I haven't read on his position of Palestine, so that's important.  He's Jewish, so I would want to know that he would be a fair arbiter of that issue.  
    there wasd an article or something asbout how he spoke for a jewish advocacy group or something down in Fla. Ingratiating himself with them. contrasting his faith to bernies lack. his philanthropic efforts in israel. how he is such a friend to israel.

I seriously doubt he would . frankly the US needs to step back snd let Europe broker something. US mantains the chipping away of status quo while bibi makes his moves

edited January 2020
    My biggest beef with Bloomberg is his authoritarian impulses. Orchestrated the push to allow himself a third term as mayor then immediately led the effort to change the law back after he was re-elected. He was a proponent of stop-and-frisk and advocates for strict drug policy. His position on the Chinese government is abysmal (see linked article and ignore stupid headline).

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/12/michael-bloomberg-china-pbs-climate-xi-dictator.html
    Post edited by pjl44 on
    pjl44 said:
    My biggest beef with Bloomberg is his authoritarian impulses. Orchestrated the push to allow himself a third term as mayor then immediately led the effort to change the law back after he was re-elected. He was a proponent of stop-and-frisk and advocates for strict drug policy. His position on the Chinese government is abysmal (see linked article and ignore stupid headline).

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/12/michael-bloomberg-china-pbs-climate-xi-dictator.html
    oh also csnt seem to stick with a party.....

This discussion has been closed.