The Democratic Presidential Debates

Comments

• I see Joe Rogan is trending because he mentioned on his podcast that he will most likely vote for Bernie. People are losing their shit. calling him a white nationalist/homophobe/transphobe/racist, what the fuck? I've been following him for some time, and while I have agreed with some criticism about him giving platforms to hate groups/people and softballing questions, he's far from what he's being accused of by the far left. it's just incredible. 
    him enabling and giving a plattform for pieces of shit is pretty piece of shittish. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • I see Joe Rogan is trending because he mentioned on his podcast that he will most likely vote for Bernie. People are losing their shit. calling him a white nationalist/homophobe/transphobe/racist, what the fuck? I've been following him for some time, and while I have agreed with some criticism about him giving platforms to hate groups/people and softballing questions, he's far from what he's being accused of by the far left. it's just incredible. 
    him enabling and giving a plattform for pieces of shit is pretty piece of shittish. 
    I think he should be commended for having people from both parties on. I can't think of anyone else in media that can have a two-hour conversation with both Bernie Sanders and Dan Crenshaw and be fair to both. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522
    I see Joe Rogan is trending because he mentioned on his podcast that he will most likely vote for Bernie. People are losing their shit. calling him a white nationalist/homophobe/transphobe/racist, what the fuck? I've been following him for some time, and while I have agreed with some criticism about him giving platforms to hate groups/people and softballing questions, he's far from what he's being accused of by the far left. it's just incredible. 
    I don't see it that way. i get the criticism, but I also think he's just a guy who likes to talk to all people from all walks of life who have all kinds of opinions and experiences. 

I'm not a fan when he has someone on like that, like ted nugent, and tends to pander to them rather than challenge them, but still, I don't think that makes him a bad person or a vehicle for hate. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,082
    edited January 2020
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,146
    edited January 2020
    I see Joe Rogan is trending because he mentioned on his podcast that he will most likely vote for Bernie. People are losing their shit. calling him a white nationalist/homophobe/transphobe/racist, what the fuck? I've been following him for some time, and while I have agreed with some criticism about him giving platforms to hate groups/people and softballing questions, he's far from what he's being accused of by the far left. it's just incredible. 
    I don't see it that way. i get the criticism, but I also think he's just a guy who likes to talk to all people from all walks of life who have all kinds of opinions and experiences. 

I'm not a fan when he has someone on like that, like ted nugent, and tends to pander to them rather than challenge them, but still, I don't think that makes him a bad person or a vehicle for hate. 
    I've been listening to him for years. His curiosity has definitely led him to have some questionable characters on the show. In a lot of those cases you don't realize how shitty they are until later but it's not like he's going to erase episodes. 

I've seen a lot of this bluster and you really have to scrutinize it. Some of it is Bernie supporters who I guess think he can win with 700,000 votes from people who agree with them on everything. But a lot of it is supporters of other candidates who are just trying to start shit. Typical bullshit.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    pjl44 said:

I've been listening to him for years. His curiosity has definitely led him to have some questionable characters on the show. In a lot of those cases you don't realize how shitty they are until later but it's not like he's going to erase episodes. 

I've seen a lot of this bluster and you really have to scrutinize it. Some of it is Bernie supporters who I guess think he can win with 700,000 votes from people who agree with them on everything. But a lot of it is supporters of other candidates who are just trying to start shit. Typical bullshit.
    Sounds like a Twitter thing. I think we take it too seriously, most people don't give a shit.
    dignin said:
    pjl44 said:

Sounds like a Twitter thing. I think we take it too seriously, most people don't give a shit.
    Yeah, good point. Most of what I've seen has definitely been a Twitter thing.
    dignin said:
    pjl44 said:

330 million people are on twitter. if something is trending, I wouldn't dismiss it as not being something people are actually talking about. joe's podcast has millions of subscribers on youtube and millions more that just view it or listen to it. that's something. 

www.headstonesband.com

• Joe Rogen also turned down Warren, Biden and Pete
    dignin said:
    pjl44 said:

330 million people are on twitter. if something is trending, I wouldn't dismiss it as not being something people are actually talking about. joe's podcast has millions of subscribers on youtube and millions more that just view it or listen to it. that's something. 
    I think he's talking about the backlash specifically. Rogan's reach and influence is beyond dispute at this point. 
    pjl44 said:
    dignin said:
    pjl44 said:

I think he's talking about the backlash specifically. Rogan's reach and influence is beyond dispute at this point. 
    I know, my post addressed that: 330 million people are on twitter. if something is trending, I wouldn't dismiss it as not being something people are actually talking about

www.headstonesband.com

Joe Rogen also turned down Warren, Biden and Pete
    i'd be interested to know why. obviously, he's not the news and can have any guest he wants with no obligations. but I wonder why. 

www.headstonesband.com

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348
    Are you saying people on the far left of levying accusations now that he's endorsing Bernie?  Or are you saying that the accusations against him ring hollow because he's voting for Sanders?
    edited January 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    Are you saying people on the far left of levying accusations now that he's endorsing Bernie?  Or are you saying that the accusations against him ring hollow because he's voting for Sanders?
    I'm saying that the far left have been levying these accusations at him for some time, and it's now getting louder because of Bernie's tweet. I think those accusations have always rung hollow, no matter who he says he's going to vote for. I watch him, he's not any of those things. 

the trans community fucking hates him because he simply says you are not a gender until you have had the surgery. he mainly speaks about it in the context of sports; he thinks its incredibly unfair that trans women are now competing in, and dominating, women sports. and I agree with him. getting the surgery doesn't change your DNA, or how your body grew over 20 or 30 years with male hormones. 

and he got into it with some guy who was pro-trans kids. Like a fucking 6 year old changing their gender. he's all for adults doing what they want, but kids? fucking sick. 

that's just one example of how he gets vilified for simply having an educated and differing opinion. 

www.headstonesband.com

pjl44 said:
    dignin said:
    pjl44 said:

I know, my post addressed that: 330 million people are on twitter. if something is trending, I wouldn't dismiss it as not being something people are actually talking about
    I don't know...I struggle with this. There's a lot of stuff that blows up on Twitter and when I talk to my wife or friends about it they have no clue. I don't feel like I have a good sense of what bleeds out and what doesn't. 
    mrussel1 said:
    I'm saying that the far left have been levying these accusations at him for some time, and it's now getting louder because of Bernie's tweet. I think those accusations have always rung hollow, no matter who he says he's going to vote for. I watch him, he's not any of those things. 

the trans community fucking hates him because he simply says you are not a gender until you have had the surgery. he mainly speaks about it in the context of sports; he thinks its incredibly unfair that trans women are now competing in, and dominating, women sports. and I agree with him. getting the surgery doesn't change your DNA, or how your body grew over 20 or 30 years with male hormones. 

and he got into it with some guy who was pro-trans kids. Like a fucking 6 year old changing their gender. he's all for adults doing what they want, but kids? fucking sick. 

that's just one example of how he gets vilified for simply having an educated and differing opinion. 
    Okay thanks.  I'm not getting into the trans stuff.  I simply don't know enough about it.  As far as Bernie, there's no doubt he's been consistent his whole life.  I don't know that it makes you presidential worthy...hell David Duke has been consistent... but at least we know he doesn't pander.  
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,742
    pjl44 said:
    dignin said:
    pjl44 said:

but how many of those 330 million are espousing opinion on this specifically? my guess is tens of thousands, and that might be generous.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    mickeyrat said:
    pjl44 said:
    dignin said:
    pjl44 said:

but how many of those 330 million are espousing opinion on this specifically? my guess is tens of thousands, and that might be generous.
    Exactly. I would also wager it's in the hundreds.

Also, out of 330 million, how many speak English? How many are fake accounts? How many are active? How many give a fuck?

It drives me nuts seeing these made up clickbait BS articles "Twitter is outraged!!" 

When in reality most people are oblivious and don't give a fuck. The Twitter mob will move on to the next outrage by this evening. It's getting ridiculous.

Social media is a poison.

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    edited January 2020
    "Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Bernie Sanders leads in New Hampshire, continuing to widen his top position ahead of the primaries, according to a new WBUR poll."

https://youtu.be/7mlllKuZ_Gc

edited January 2020

Good run through.

Bernie's Damn Bill Pt. 1: What Is Medicare for All?

https://youtu.be/iHzQ39n2dtw

Sorry about Sweden being mentioned in the video. I did not edit it. It's an official Bernie Sanders video. I can't help what countries that  are mentioned. Moderators can remove the video if it is too sensitive on here. 

Bernie's Damn Bill Pt. 2: How Did We Get Here?

https://youtu.be/8yb4_s9TC0c

Bernie's Damn Bill Pt. 3: How to Pay for It

https://youtu.be/zosU_DNBCyE

• Why Women Trust Bernie

https://youtu.be/8f_15cOd1cM

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,332
    Gotta say - Someone making federal Vs state management of wolves their single issue voting is really strange.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,561
    It seems Sanders has some strong support in Iowa. I'm not a fan of him and this type of polling doesn't give me hope for the democratic presidential nominee winning. People just want a loud obnoxious candidate it seems.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/25/us/politics/democratic-iowa-poll-sanders.html
    It's a hopeless situation...
    tbergs said:
    It seems Sanders has some strong support in Iowa. I'm not a fan of him and this type of polling doesn't give me hope for the democratic presidential nominee winning. People just want a loud obnoxious candidate it seems.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/25/us/politics/democratic-iowa-poll-sanders.html
    I wouldn't worry yet.  None of the top four get knocked off after the first two primaries. 
    mrussel1 said:
    tbergs said:

I wouldn't worry yet.  None of the top four get knocked off after the first two primaries. 
    of course he has support there. he garnered some percentage in 16 for fucks sake.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    oh and the question was  would be first choice not will be.....

• what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    dignin said:
    pjl44 said:

330 million people on Twitter would mean the entire population of the US has an account. I know it's a global platform,  so not all 330 million people are Americans. But how many if those are bot accounts? Corporations and not people? Hasn't there been a study of that, and the number of actual human beings is way significantly lower? 
    Anecdote Alert:  I've never listened to Joe Rogan once. Ever. Don't have a Twitter account. And I'm way more involved in local politics than the average person. 
    There is a massive difference between the infotainment business and the actual business of getting people elected and enacting legislative change.
  • what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    Prediction: Bernie is not the nominee. He will never win more than a few primaries, if any at all. 
This discussion has been closed.