The Democratic Presidential Debates

Comments

• mrussel1 said:
    How can people watch the interview clip above and still live in this self-centric destructive ignorance about healthcare. Weird. How people work. But I guess people also say climate change isn't real in 2020 and that has still almost has to be accepted.
    My guess... because no one is watching the clips you're spamming.

Regarding you continuing to tag me,  the statement I made was factual at the time I made it. I didn't say Bernie could never win minorities.  Good for Bernie on his surge.  Let's see if he can close the deal.  Not one vote has been cast so chill.  And stop tagging me.  It's annoying.  

Many people are watching news shows? But I guess you are correct in that alot that should watch them are glued to Fox. I guess. 

Yes. Very good for Bernie. Gonna be a great spring. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,742
    edited January 2020
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    this weeks manic choice of candidate is..... until next week when this choice is the vilest and another is the best.

From someone who CAN'T EVEN VOTE HERE. And should be sharing all they are doing to combat white nationalism in their own fucking country......
    Rude behaving like this.
    the truth is rude now?
    Can you vote here in America?
    Sweden doesn't have an issue with white nationalism, both societal and politically?
    rude complaining like someone who has sålt smöret men tappat pengarna about someone elses right to post or not on the forum. 

rude in that sense. 

And also, I can not talk about Sweden in relations to the US (even if I wanted to) because my perception from private messages being sent is that it will get me banned. Even if I don’t see the reason for it. So hit me up on tic toc if you wanna chat about that. 
    then start a seperate thread about swedish politics. confine it to the doings there following the model our Canadian friends here have established.
    I'll get to your mixed language post after I've translated..

Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    edited January 2020
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    this weeks manic choice of candidate is..... until next week when this choice is the vilest and another is the best.

From someone who CAN'T EVEN VOTE HERE. And should be sharing all they are doing to combat white nationalism in their own fucking country......
    Rude behaving like this.
    the truth is rude now?
    Can you vote here in America?
    Sweden doesn't have an issue with white nationalism, both societal and politically?
    rude complaining like someone who has sålt smöret men tappat pengarna about someone elses right to post or not on the forum. 

rude in that sense. 

And also, I can not talk about Sweden in relations to the US (even if I wanted to) because my perception from private messages being sent is that it will get me banned. Even if I don’t see the reason for it. So hit me up on tic toc if you wanna chat about that. 
    then start a seperate thread about swedish politics. confine it to the doings there following the model our Canadian friends here have established.
    I'll get to your mixed language post after I've translated..

cant say I really understand your context of that swedish phrase, "sold the butter but lost the money" (according to google)
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391

Thank god Democrats in the US don't have the same values as the democrats in Sweden.  This is a really good article to read; I had no clue that it was this bad in Sweden.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/10/world/europe/sweden-immigration-nationalism.html

The Global Machine Behind the Rise of Far-Right Nationalism

Sweden was long seen as a progressive utopia. Then came waves of immigrants — and the forces of populism at home and abroad.

In the nationalists’ message-making, Sweden has become a prime cautionary tale, dripping with schadenfreude. What is even more striking is how many people in Sweden — progressive, egalitarian, welcoming Sweden — seem to be warming to the nationalists’ view: that immigration has brought crime, chaos and a fraying of the cherished social safety net, not to mention a withering away of national culture and tradition.

Fueled by an immigration backlash — Sweden has accepted more refugees per capita than any other European country — right-wing populism has taken hold, reflected most prominently in the steady ascent of a political party with neo-Nazi roots, the Sweden Democrats. In elections last year, they captured nearly 18 percent of the vote.

To dig beneath the surface of what is happening in Sweden, though, is to uncover the workings of an international disinformation machine, devoted to the cultivation, provocation and amplification of far-right, anti-immigrant passions and political forces. Indeed, that machine, most influentially rooted in Vladimir V. Putin’s Russia and the American far right, underscores a fundamental irony of this political moment: the globalization of nationalism.

The central target of these manipulations from abroad — and the chief instrument of the Swedish nationalists’ success — is the country’s increasingly popular, and virulently anti-immigrant, digital echo chamber.

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    Very interesting article:
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/25/us/andrew-yang-black-church-choir/index.html

Andrew Yang sang with a black church choir. Not everyone said 'Amen'

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522
    Why do people give a shit about what Joe Rogan thinks? He's the Fear Factor guy. I don't understand how that douche is somehow considered some kind of political expert now. 
    I like him because he is fair and balanced. he talks more common sense than anyone else i see with a platform like his. he calls out the bullshit of the right and left and everyone in between. he's not a political expert nor would he claim to be. not sure why you consider him a douche, either. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    Why do people give a shit about what Joe Rogan thinks? He's the Fear Factor guy. I don't understand how that douche is somehow considered some kind of political expert now. 
    I like him because he is fair and balanced. he talks more common sense than anyone else i see with a platform like his. he calls out the bullshit of the right and left and everyone in between. he's not a political expert nor would he claim to be. not sure why you consider him a douche, either. 
    https://www.advocate.com/election/2020/1/24/bernie-sanders-blasted-touting-support-transphobe-joe-rogan
  • Why do people give a shit about what Joe Rogan thinks? He's the Fear Factor guy. I don't understand how that douche is somehow considered some kind of political expert now. 

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/slate.com/culture/2019/03/joe-rogans-podcast-is-an-essential-platform-for-freethinkers-who-hate-the-left.amp
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.okayplayer.com/culture/joe-rogan-bernie-sanders-endorsement-podcast.html/amp
    rogan doesn't hate the left. that's laughable. he also isn't fucking transphobe. that's also just a talking point for outrage seekers. 

www.headstonesband.com

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348
    rogan doesn't hate the left. that's laughable. he also isn't fucking transphobe. that's also just a talking point for outrage seekers. 
    Buying into birtherism shows a lack of judgment though.  
    You forgot to also dismiss his racism. 
  • rogan doesn't hate the left. that's laughable. he also isn't fucking transphobe. that's also just a talking point for outrage seekers. 

mrussel1 said:
    that's the first i heard of that. that's admittedly a little concerning. 

www.headstonesband.com

ecdanc said:
    never once have i see him utter one ounce of racism. there's this stupid collage of clips making the rounds of him using the n word. well, context matters. he's only used it in the context of speaking of how someone else used it. i've watched hours of his podcasts, and he is not racist one iota that i've seen. 

www.headstonesband.com

mrussel1 said:
    Wait, you’re cool with his anti-trans bullshit, but you draw the line at birtherism?
  • ecdanc said:
    never once have i see him utter one ounce of racism. there's this stupid collage of clips making the rounds of him using the n word. well, context matters. he's only used it in the context of speaking of how someone else used it. i've watched hours of his podcasts, and he is not racist one iota that i've seen. 

ecdanc said:
    Maybe you’re not an expert on racism. 
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Wait, you’re cool with his anti-trans bullshit, but you draw the line at birtherism?
    he's not anti-trans. i've listened to him talk a lot about it, and he has no issue with people being trans. he has issues with trans women competing against cis women in sports, which i agree with. imagine if brock lesnar was a trans woman. you think that's a level playing field?

www.headstonesband.com

ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    he's not anti-trans. i've listened to him talk a lot about it, and he has no issue with people being trans. he has issues with trans women competing against cis women in sports, which i agree with. imagine if brock lesnar was a trans woman. you think that's a level playing field?
    That’s anti-trans, champ. 
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    100% Hugh, thank you.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    no it isn't champ, it's common sense biology. 

www.headstonesband.com

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,082
    edited January 2020
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,616
    edited January 2020
    Sorry for the double post (I put this up on the Andrew Yang for President thread)  but this is the dem presidential debate and I AM this stoked!!   Yang qualified for the February debate!  We're on a roll!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Really doubling down on your own transphobia. Bold move. 

ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Really doubling down on your own transphobia. Bold move. 

yeah, i was literally at a fundraiser for trans manitoba, listening to speakers, singers, etc, LAST NIGHT. sure, pal, you pegged me. LOL

www.headstonesband.com

don'tcha just love it when simple dissenting opinions leads to extreme forms of labeling? lol

www.headstonesband.com

ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    find the quotes of his anti-trans stances. I'll wait.

What I have heard him speak on specifically is trans women competing against born biological women. trans women have the unfair advantage of testosterone at work in their bodies until hormone therapy begins for that individual ,which doesnt negate the prior physical advantage testosterone has played.

He is quite clear about adult trans people making choices for themselves, as in be who you are or feel you are. His issue is when parents of under 10 yrs make decisions about hormone therapy for those kids. He says support love and nurture these kids but let them make those decisions later once grown for themselves.

mickeyrat said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    find the quotes of his anti-trans stances. I'll wait.

What I have heard him speak on specifically is trans women competing against born biological women. trans women have the unfair advantage of testosterone at work in their bodies until hormone therapy begins for that individual ,which doesnt negate the prior physical advantage testosterone has played.

He is quite clear about adult trans people making choices for themselves, as in be who you are or feel you are. His issue is when parents of under 10 yrs make decisions about hormone therapy for those kids. He says support love and nurture these kids but let them make those decisions later once grown for themselves.
    Both of those things are anti-trans. 
This discussion has been closed.