Options

The Democratic Presidential Debates

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    myoung321 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    myoung321 said:
    With current events. Bernie should not step away... 
    Explain the rationale please.. Bernie should step away because there's no reasonable mathematical path.  He still has the second more delegates so if something were to happen to Biden, then he would have the strongest argument of the other candidates.  
    1 reason.... This crappy 2 party system has created a deadlocked bloated corrupted system. The DNC has shown over and over again to be just a different shade of Republican with donors ruling over the needs of the people.  Biden's voting record is proof of that. The blind can even see that ;)

Stay Safe!

No offense, but that doesn't make any sense.  How do any of those complaints give Sanders a viable path to be the nominee?
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
    CM189191 said:
    https://medium.com/@Amy_Klobuchar/statement-from-senator-amy-klobuchar-c4195302844

Statement from Senator Amy Klobuchar

I have news that many Americans are facing right now: my husband John has the coronavirus. We just got the test results at 7 a.m. this morning. While I cannot see him and he is of course cut off from all visitors, our daughter Abigail and I are constantly calling and texting and emailing. We love him very much and pray for his recovery. He is exhausted and sick but a very strong and resilient person.

John started to feel sick when I was in Minnesota and he was in Washington D.C. and like so many others who have had the disease, he thought it was just a cold. Yet he immediately quarantined himself just in case and stopped going to his job teaching in Baltimore. He kept having a temperature and a bad, bad cough and when he started coughing up blood he got a test and a chest X-ray and they checked him into a hospital in Virginia because of a variety of things including very low oxygen levels which haven’t really improved. He now has pneumonia and is on oxygen but not a ventilator.

While this is his story and not mine, I wanted to let my colleagues and constituents know that since John and I have been in different places for the last two weeks and I am outside the 14-day period for getting sick, my doctor has advised me to not get a test. As everyone is aware, there are test shortages for people who need them everywhere and I don’t qualify to get one under any standard.

I love my husband so very much and not being able to be there at the hospital by his side is one of the hardest things about this disease.

I hope he will be home soon. I know so many Americans are going through this and so much worse right now. So I hope and pray for you, just as I hope you will do for my husband. Meanwhile I am working in the Senate to get help to the American people.

Damn I hope he recovers it doesn’t sound like he is out of the woods yet! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    myoung321 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    myoung321 said:
    Explain the rationale please.. Bernie should step away because there's no reasonable mathematical path.  He still has the second more delegates so if something were to happen to Biden, then he would have the strongest argument of the other candidates.  
    1 reason.... This crappy 2 party system has created a deadlocked bloated corrupted system. The DNC has shown over and over again to be just a different shade of Republican with donors ruling over the needs of the people.  Biden's voting record is proof of that. The blind can even see that ;)

Stay Safe!

If only there were 2 other branches of government to provide checks and balance

But I guess both sides are bad, so let's give the GOP a few more judicial appointments.  What's the worse that could happen? It's not like they're lifetime positions or anything....
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    mrussel1 said:
    myoung321 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    myoung321 said:

Stay Safe!

No offense, but that doesn't make any sense.  How do any of those complaints give Sanders a viable path to be the nominee?
    Obviously to you it doesn't  ... Makes perfect sense to me

I don't know how it would give a viable path.... ::shrug:: I don't know, All I do know is I'm tired of Corporate Democrats acting like they give a crap about real people. Leaving us the great choice of the Republicans which is Trump and his minions or Dems that give into the donor class making them basically the old Republicans.... Great Choice!  

Just giving up every time seems like insanity..  

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results"
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    edited March 2020
    How can anyone trust the DNC with them clinging to Super Delegates?

Super Delegates = F the People... We know better 

• Options
    myoung321 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    myoung321 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    myoung321 said:

Stay Safe!

I don't know how it would give a viable path.... ::shrug:: I don't know, All I do know is I'm tired of Corporate Democrats acting like they give a crap about real people. Leaving us the great choice of the Republicans which is Trump and his minions or Dems that give into the donor class making them basically the old Republicans.... Great Choice!  

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results"
    What you call 'giving up', I call math.  Sorry that this corporate democrat doesn't give a big enough crap about you.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    myoung321 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    myoung321 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    myoung321 said:

Stay Safe!

What you call 'giving up', I call math.  Sorry that this corporate democrat doesn't give a big enough crap about you.  
    Wow that got personal... have a great day!

• Options
    myoung321 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    myoung321 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    myoung321 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    myoung321 said:

Stay Safe!

Wow that got personal... have a great day!
    Not at all personal.  "Corporate democrat" is just another bullshit Bernie talking point.  I work for a corporation and I'm a Democrat.  I'd venture to say 80% of Democrats work for corporations.  It's the same talking point when Sanders blamed "the establishment' for his wipeout loss in SC.  And all the black voters looked around and say.. "I'm establishment"?
  • Options
    myoung321 said:

Quick question : which way did Bernie vote on the coronavirus stimulus package today?
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,816
    CM189191 said:
    myoung321 said:

Quick question : which way did Bernie vote on the coronavirus stimulus package today?
    Ooooooohhhhhhhhh snap. Berned
  • Options
    myoung321 said:

You mean the SD's that agreed not to vote until round 2 as a concession to Bernie and his team?   You mean the SD's that didn't exist in 72 when McGovern won at the convention even though everyone knew he would be wiped in the general, giving us continued war in Vietnam?  You probably don't mean the SD's that everyone wished existed on the GOP side, and maybe they could have stopped Trump. 
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Come-on........ You're obviously smart enough know that "Corporate Democrat" doesn't mean a democrat that works for a corporation.. 
    I worked for one of the largest Oil & Gas Corporations in the world for 30 years..  so what?  I have always been liberal... always considered myself a democrat.  I just want the party to be more progressive. 

I'm for Medicare for All... Why shouldn't everyone get the care I could get working for a big company? Biden is against it.. I cannot support him unless there is no other option left.... and here we find ourself back in the loop......... ::shrug::: 

Post edited by myoung321 on

• Options
    Seriously... Everyone have a great day!..... getting off the train!   Stay safe!

• Options
    myoung321 said:
    Come-on........ You're obviously smart enough know that "Corporate Democrat" doesn't mean a democrat that works for a corporation.. 
    I worked for one of the largest Oil & Gas Corporations in the world for 30 years..  so what?  I have always been liberal... always considered myself a democrat.  I just want the part to move to the left..

I'm for Medicare for All... Why shouldn't everyone get the care I could get working for a big company? Biden is against it.. I cannot support him unless there is no other option left.... and here we find ourself back in the loop......... ::shrug::: 

Then what's a corporate Democrat and how did they make me vote for Biden?  Just curious.  Cut through the bullshit and labels and say specifically what you're saying.  Biden is for Medicare option.  I was all about that from day one.  I don't want to go off private insurance.  Sorry, I don't.  But I don't want to stop you from having the option.  Why are you trying to take away my choice?  Why is that so important to you that you decide how I provide healthcare to my family?
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    myoung321 said:
    I worked for one of the largest Oil & Gas Corporations in the world for 30 years..  so what?  I have always been liberal... always considered myself a democrat.  I just want the part to move to the left..

Then what's a corporate Democrat and how did they make me vote for Biden?  Just curious.  Cut through the bullshit and labels and say specifically what you're saying.  Biden is for Medicare option.  I was all about that from day one.  I don't want to go off private insurance.  Sorry, I don't.  But I don't want to stop you from having the option.  Why are you trying to take away my choice?  Why is that so important to you that you decide how I provide healthcare to my family?
    I hope you never have a long term medical issue for yourself....

If you do.... Here's what will happen to you with your "Private Corporation Healthcare Plan" ... (pssttt nothing private about it... same Hospitals and Doctors as Medicare)

1)  Sick Pay - Normally based on years of service.  How much is in your bank?  

2) Sick Pay is now gone - Your Disability Insurance kicks in... Hope you had this on your deductions! This is usually based on your years of service as well and will be a % of your normal pay.

3) Disability Insurance now gone... Sick Leave Now Gone - You will be terminated from your corporate job. They will not care... 

5) You will hopefully get granted Social Security and Medicare, if not... You will lose your house, cars, and everything you've worked for... You will watch your 401k shrink as you try to keep up with mounting medical and normal bills..... 

6) Pandemic... 401k worth less now... good luck! 

So yes..... I've already decided and it is important!!!  -- I've decided to support a system that will guarantee you won't lose everything simply because you get sick.

• Options
    myoung321 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    myoung321 said:

If you do.... Here's what will happen to you with your "Private Corporation Healthcare Plan" ... (pssttt nothing private about it... same Hospitals and Doctors as Medicare)

1)  Sick Pay - Normally based on years of service.  How much is in your bank?  

2) Sick Pay is now gone - Your Disability Insurance kicks in... Hope you had this on your deductions! This is usually based on your years of service as well and will be a % of your normal pay.

3) Disability Insurance now gone... Sick Leave Now Gone - You will be terminated fro your job

So yes..... I've already decided and it is important!!!  -- I've decided to support a system that will guarantee you won't lose everything simply because you get sick.

Thanks for thinking of me, but I'm 47.  I don't need your nanny state.  Some people may, and they have that option if Biden's plan gets passed.  And since when does M4A have anything to do with sick leave and PTO?  I think you've confused medicare and social security or are somehow mangling it all together.  Either way, nowhere in these plans does it have some sort of guaranteed income while you're out.  
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    I'm 56 so ?  No not mangling it together... very clear on the difference. Man you assume way too much about people, without reading what they actually say.

have fun... be safe ... or not, if you want.. 

• Options
    myoung321 said:
    I'm 56 so ?
    So I don't need anyone telling me what's best for my family.  
  • Options
    myoung321 said:
    I'm 56 so ?  No not mangling it together... very clear on the difference. Man you assume way too much about people, without reading what they actually say.

None of the things you called out about sick days, banked days, disability insurance get solved by M4A.  What am I assuming?  I'm reading very precisely what you're saying and countering it.  
  • Options
    Have a nice day!

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    myoung321 said:

None of the things you called out about sick days, banked days, disability insurance get solved by M4A.  What am I assuming?  I'm reading very precisely what you're saying and countering it.  
     READ>>>>>>>>

If you do.... Here's what will happen to you with your "Private Corporation Healthcare Plan" 

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,148
    myoung321 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    Buying an election is what democracy looks like. 
    So why did Biden kick Bernie's ass with a fraction of the money?
    i thought the same thing. But it always felt a little out of no where...

Then I started reading about the "Exit Polls" numbers and how the discrepancies seem to be a little weird.

::shrug:: Thing's that make you go......hmmmmm

BTW United Nations and The U.S. State Dept. says that a discrepancy in exit polls of more than 2% indicates fraud

-------------------------
    Here’s some of the evidence substantiating such a claim in a federal lawsuit:

Exit Polling Discrepancies

The evidence indicates the final election results do not match the exit polling data. A variance of 1-3% in the exit polling data has been deemed normal and acceptable for decades, worldwide and nationally. In this 2020 Democratic primary the exit polling variance is upwards of 3%, 8% and much higher depending upon which state.

The evidence exists proving election fraud occurred in Super Tuesday’s elections and the first four states:
    tdmsresearch.com/2020/03/02/south-carolina-2020-democratic-party-primary/

story -  

Check out some of the february polls and results when Bernie was “winning”

you will see the moderate candidates running close to 60% support in almost all cases. There was a false sense of Bernie doing well because he split the progressive vote 2 ways while the moderates split 4 ways. Those “second choice polls” showing Amy or Pete voters picking Bernie if their first choice exits turned out to be total garbage.

its not rocket science. Moderates outnumber progressives. Easily. No mystery, not out of nowhere, no reason to go hmmmm.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
     I'll make it simpler...

You won't go broke and lose everything trying to pay medical bills... damn man... what's so hard to understand?  M4A will save you if you get sick long term... regardless of your current job status

• Options
    Why is M4A even progressive?   This party created the New Deal... damn.. You guys sound like Republicans from the 90s.. 

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
    Trickle down economics has never worked! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    MRus.... I scrolled back through thread,,,

I put my hand out, opened the door, whatever you'd like to call it... for civility and maybe some mutual "agree to disagree" out there and you spat it back in my face at every opportunity, while trying to simply debate a topic. There's enough stress in life with everything going on right now to be spoke to in this manner. I come here as a distraction, not to be bullied in a debate. You have a good time if that works for you. It doesn't for me... So we'll see ya around..  peace..

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    myoung321 said:
    I'm 56 so ?

'my car has no seatbelts'
  • Options
    CM189191 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    myoung321 said:
    I'm 56 so ?

No,  not the same analogy.  I'm not arguing for no insurance,  I'm arguing for choice of insurance.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    CM189191 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    myoung321 said:
    I'm 56 so ?

No,  not the same analogy.  I'm not arguing for no insurance,  I'm arguing for choice of insurance.  
    My car has seatbelts. But sometimes I don't wear it?
  • Options
    CM189191 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    CM189191 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    myoung321 said:
    I'm 56 so ?

My car has seatbelts. But sometimes I don't wear it?
    Amazingly the same exact seatbelts as other cars

This discussion has been closed.