Options

The Democratic Presidential Debates

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,323
    Judge rejects delay in ohio primary.....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,797
    JW269453 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Neil and Jim picking the best side.
    I thought we were all Democrats.  This is very confusing.  
    We?

I'm not a democrat. I don't vote in the States. 

Okay so maybe your use of 'side' doesn't work in the States.  Either way, Bernie continues to put the elderly and high risk people at risk with his futile campaign, and he also is fundraising on the backs of people that he claims are working class.  It's amazing how successful Biden has been with no money.  Maybe he's really the man of the people after all.  
    I don't trust either side enough to support one, but Biden is the man of his party. Bernie got axed by the DNC in 2016 and it is happening again. Interestingly enough people still have faith in this system...

Yes we voters conspired together against Bernie.  Ain't democracy a bitch?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    We?

Okay so maybe your use of 'side' doesn't work in the States.  Either way, Bernie continues to put the elderly and high risk people at risk with his futile campaign, and he also is fundraising on the backs of people that he claims are working class.  It's amazing how successful Biden has been with no money.  Maybe he's really the man of the people after all.  
    No need for money when you got the...

OBAMA E S T A B L I S H M E N T

/s

Establishment = voters.  Don't forget that really important point.  Most Democrats don't want a revolution.  From an op-ed in the WashPo..

He lost the debate for the same reason he’s losing the campaign: Democratic voters don’t want what he’s selling. Sanders has believed the United States needs a revolution all his life. His entire debate strategy consisted in showing how Biden doesn’t believe that and, as a result is not the right man to lead the country. Those who believe that likely came away convinced that Sanders is that man. But those people are a minority of Democrats.

The exit polls show this clearly. Only a minority of Democrats voting in the March 17 primaries said that the economy needed a “complete overhaul” or that the next president’s policies should be “more liberal than Obama’s.” Sanders won voters in these demographics but got wiped out among the majority of Democrats who disagreed.

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    Honestly, that's outrageous. The Democratic party should disavow the results whoever wins.  I talked to my sister just a little while ago and she lives on the west side of Cleveland in Olmstead.  She said there are levies on the ballot too.  So what are they going to do, honor those results based on 10% of the community?
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I've never seen more than 2 voters at my polling location so I guess we are going to wear latex gloves and vote with our breath held tight as possible.  If we had to vote at a normal, crowded station... I don't think we would.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,802
    edited March 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Honestly, that's outrageous. The Democratic party should disavow the results whoever wins.  I talked to my sister just a little while ago and she lives on the west side of Cleveland in Olmstead.  She said there are levies on the ballot too.  So what are they going to do, honor those results based on 10% of the community?
    They should demand voting by mail.

And ranked choice voting while they're at it
    Post edited by CM189191 on
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    CM189191 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

well, the state can make that option available, I suppose. And mail in is already in place, would just need extended as proposed by the state. I expect they will appeal.

I intend to show up. when I go theres but a few voting in a large room. initially, they suggested  that voters in line keep space in between etc.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    CM189191 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

They have voting by mail, but you can't just count those votes now if the polls don't open.  And if the polls open, then you are endangering senior citizens. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    CM189191 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

They have voting by mail, but you can't just count those votes now if the polls don't open.  And if the polls open, then you are endangering senior citizens. 
    In a way, they did this to themselves.  I hope senior citizens learned their lesson and stay away from the polls for a change. And young people actually show up for a change.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    CM189191 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    CM189191 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

In a way, they did this to themselves.  I hope senior citizens learned their lesson and stay away from the polls for a change. And young people actually show up for a change.
    Ummmm.  One might happen, the other not so likely. 
  • Options

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    CM189191 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    CM189191 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Thanks Bernie. Couldn't get young people out to vote like you promised. Managed to further alienate them in the process. 
  • Options
    CM189191 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    CM189191 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    CM189191 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Thanks Bernie. Couldn't get young people out to vote like you promised. Managed to further alienate them in the process. 
    Well Bernie has driven record democratic turnout...
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,022
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    CM189191 said:
    Free college under $125k?  How to pay for it?  Any details?  without specific targeted trades or skills it's just a bad non-plan.
    Seriously! I've been asking myself the same question for years. 

Military, paved roads, police, fire department, social security, Medicare, Medicaid, SNAP, TANF, public schools.

Who pays for all these FREE services? Where's all this money magically come from?

🙃
    I'd agree to Obama's plan.  Free community college then they can transfer to Other schools..... with  revamped student loan system.

CC on to State/private University is smarter financially anyway. Why pay that much for required courses anyway.

NEED to push trade/vocational education as much as they do college. Some folks just dont fit the college mold.
    100% on all points except... I don't believe the gov't should ever pay for someone's entrance into a private institution.  Public only. 
    100% agree
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,153
    CM189191 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

We have an important school levy on the ballot. I will not be going to vote tomorrow since the court doesn’t seem to care about the people. So I don’t get to vote against Bernie and the school levy might fail because of this nonsense. But neither of those are worth risking the health of the polls workers or my family.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,218
    mrussel1 said:
    JW269453 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    We?

I don't trust either side enough to support one, but Biden is the man of his party. Bernie got axed by the DNC in 2016 and it is happening again. Interestingly enough people still have faith in this system...

I didn’t say anything about voters doing the conspiring. There are many who feel the 2016 Democratic primary was rigged for Hillary, this is nothing new and I’m sure you are already well aware of it. Prior to Super Tuesday Bernie was the odds on favorite by a good margin in this primary. Then suddenly everyone dropped out and immediately endorsed Biden because he won his first state, Warren however decided to stick around a little longer because they knew if she dropped out those votes would likely be going to Bernie. Coincidence, or do you really think these puppets don’t play games? I wish I had your faith in this system, but choosing not to pick a side takes the bias out of the picture for me and helps paint a much clearer one.
  • Options

• Options
    JW269453 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JW269453 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    We?

I didn’t say anything about voters doing the conspiring. There are many who feel the 2016 Democratic primary was rigged for Hillary, this is nothing new and I’m sure you are already well aware of it. Prior to Super Tuesday Bernie was the odds on favorite by a good margin in this primary. Then suddenly everyone dropped out and immediately endorsed Biden because he won his first state, Warren however decided to stick around a little longer because they knew if she dropped out those votes would likely be going to Bernie. Coincidence, or do you really think these puppets don’t play games? I wish I had your faith in this system, but choosing not to pick a side takes the bias out of the picture for me and helps paint a much clearer one.
    clip clop
    nice horseshoes!
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
      now need to craft a law with the nece

legislators need to act now to put in place the necessary steps they were seeking in court with extended mail in balloting.

• Options
    JW269453 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JW269453 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    We?

Sanders lost to Hillary by 9%.  That’s far more than Hillary lost to Obama, which was less than 1%.  When Sanders had Biden one on one last week, he lost every state, even Washington.  He got smoked in Michigan, arguably the most important state.  There is simply a ceiling to Sanders support with the party’s voters.  We have seen it state after state.  Don’t forget Bloomberg took a lot of Biden voters on Super Tuesday.  There’s no reason to think, based on the data and what has happened since, that Warren and Bloomberg exiting earlier would have been even a little better for Bernie.  If anything, it could have been worse.  It certainly would not change the current trajectory.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,001
    JW269453 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JW269453 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    We?

"His first state" like it wasn't a critical signal to all involved. Buttigieg and Klobuchar were notorious for having next to zero black Democratic support. When it became clear they STILL had next to zero black Democratic support, it was the time to rally. Who did you think they were going to rally behind - the fifth-place candidate (Warren at the time) or the first-place one? Winnowing concentrates voters. Three poor-performing moderate candidates dropped out, leaving one. His lane was already larger than Sanders and continues to be based on Sanders' underperformance. Sanders' message of exclusivity rather than Biden's of inclusivity also could serve as a psychological barrier to coming over to Sanders' side (I certainly find Sanders hard to like, in spite of agreeing with most of his policies).
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options

• Options
    FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,218
    mrussel1 said:
    JW269453 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JW269453 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    We?

Sanders lost to Hillary by 9%.  That’s far more than Hillary lost to Obama, which was less than 1%.  When Sanders had Biden one on one last week, he lost every state, even Washington.  He got smoked in Michigan, arguably the most important state.  There is simply a ceiling to Sanders support with the party’s voters.  We have seen it state after state.  Don’t forget Bloomberg took a lot of Biden voters on Super Tuesday.  There’s no reason to think, based on the data and what has happened since, that Warren and Bloomberg exiting earlier would have been even a little better for Bernie.  If anything, it could have been worse.  It certainly would not change the current trajectory.
    I hope you are right and there are no strings being pulled. Until our government shows a willingness to work together with uniting this country in mind, I just don’t buy it. The only consistent objective I have seen is maintaing division, in turn insuring they will always be relied upon. I see how supporters of each party treat one another and it all just seems so wrong, not for me. 
  • Options
    JW269453 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JW269453 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JW269453 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    We?

I hope you are right and there are no strings being pulled. Until our government shows a willingness to work together with uniting this country in mind, I just don’t buy it. The only consistent objective I have seen is maintaing division, in turn insuring they will always be relied upon. I see how supporters of each party treat one another and it all just seems so wrong, not for me. 
    Trump intentionally divides the country.  Fox News has done the same.  Rush Limbaugh, Savage, and some on the left too. Sanders is guilty of it, singling out "establishment" "billionaires" "millionaires" "corporatists".  That language is inflammatory and divisive as well. 
    Obama was not divisive.  Biden is not divisive, in my opinion.  He talks all the time about reaching across the aisle AND to the left of him for support.  
  • Options
    Biden leading in Fla. 21% reporting @ 37.2 points up.....

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    Biden at 60% with 45% reporting and Bloomberg has taken 10%.  This isn’t close.
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    bernie getting smoked.......

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    bernie getting smoked.......
    winner..  

• Options
    ILLINOIS IMMEDIATELY CALLED FOR BIDEN.....

This discussion has been closed.