Options

Hey how about those 2 missing Ten Club singles!

Comments

• Options
    rb173565rb173565 Posts: 102
    ahem... may i refer you to the METALLICA VINYL CLUB thread. not  a big enough fan to join but looks like a good deal for those that are... 4  vinyl records per year.... PER YEAR! 4 
  • Options
    disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    Yeah, but after shipping and tax, that's ~$18 per record. Seems high to me for a 7".
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,852
    4 records a year for that price vs no records per year at that price seems like a no-brainer. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    EnzedEnzed NZ Posts: 480
    mace1229 said:
    Enzed said:
    but what if I've moved since the last time they asked us to update our mailing address?

then update it again?
    BUT DON'T WE NEED AN EMAIL FROM THE TEN CLUB TO DO THIS?
    Auckland 1 1995
    Auckland 1998
    EV (Neil Finn and Friends, April 2, 2001)
    Auckland 2009
    Auckland 2014
  • Options
    EnzedEnzed NZ Posts: 480
    4 records a year for that price vs no records per year at that price seems like a no-brainer. 
    Fuck yeah.

I jumped on it BECAUSE METALLICA ACTUALLY DELIVER.

Had to do the one delivery option though because 4 deliveries to New Zealand are pretty pricey vs. one delivery at the end.
    Auckland 1 1995
    Auckland 1998
    EV (Neil Finn and Friends, April 2, 2001)
    Auckland 2009
    Auckland 2014
  • Options
    my_wavemy_wave clearwater, FL Posts: 339
    edited March 2020
    meanwhile another vinyl single release from mike's hockeytalkter records came out today... something tells me if anyone was against ending the vinyl singles it was mike,  i would think ed too but i'm not so sure anymore, i think the most frustrating thing for me personally is not knowing why a band that loves vinyl so much and has always been so passionate about it that has literally written songs about it decided to stop making vinyl singles for their fan club... late, delayed, whatever... they've always been late, i just want to know why they decided not to make them anymore, hopefully we'll get an answer someday, because you know on record store day we're all going to see pics of mike and ed at some record store buying records... so what happened?...
    Post edited by my_wave on
    st. pete '94
    west palm beach '98
    tampa '00
    tampa '03
    tampa '08
    brooklyn '13
    austin '14
    austin '14
    tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
    ed - clearwater '12
  • Options
    my_wave said:
    meanwhile another vinyl single release from mike's hockeytalkter records came out today... something tells me if anyone was against ending the vinyl singles it was mike,  i would think ed too but i'm not so sure anymore, i think the most frustrating thing for me personally is not knowing why a band that loves vinyl so much and has always been so passionate about it that has literally written songs about it decided to stop making vinyl singles for their fan club... late, delayed, whatever... they've always been late, i just want to know why they decided not to make them anymore, hopefully we'll get an answer someday, because you know on record store day we're all going to see pics of mike and ed at some record store buying records... so what happened?...
    the vinyl singles have been fairly poor recently, with a majority being live tracks
    if they use studio tracks, they are leaving a ton of money on the table because of file sharing. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    my_wave said:
    not knowing why a band that loves vinyl so much and has always been so passionate about it that has literally written songs about it decided to stop making vinyl singles for their fan club... so what happened?...
    EXACTLY!!!!! I'd Spin the Black Circle if they would send them!! They are a bunch of spoiled rich hypocrites. If money was the issue, give the fan club the option to purchase it separately for more money. The Metallica example the other day was perfect. The big difference is that Metallica has been around much longer. Pearl Jam and the Ten Club have really shown that this fan club doesn't mean as much to them as it used to. 4 more days will mark 6 months since the last time these vinyl singles were mentioned. I'm still asking for a well overdue update.
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,985
    edited March 2020
    We don't know anything. Its all assumptions. It may not be about the money at all. If all they cared about was money they'd tour the hell out of themselves and sell a shit ton of merch. So wanting more money isn't necessarily the motivator.

• Options
    my guess is the time commitment doing it coupled with how bands engage with their audience is different now. When 10c started, it was the most personal way of engaging the fanbase. Thats different now with social media and the internet. Nothing is really intimate anymore. On top of that, the band has families and maybe the the DIY aesthetic of the 90s fanclub has become less important to them and they want to spend time with their wives and kids. And if they want/need to engage its easy to say whats up with a tweet or an IG post. 

• Options
    edited March 2020
    I know its easy to be cynical in 2020, especially since we have been long waiting for 2 magazines and 2 7"s and have gotten minimal communication on their arrival, but its entirely possible that things aren't as nefarious and that it may just be a mundane explanation. 

Which doesn't matter, because we'll never get an explanation anyway.
    Post edited by Tim Simmons on
  • Options
    We don't know anything. Its all assumptions. It may not be about the money at all. If all they cared about was money they'd tour the hell out of themselves and sell a shit ton of merch. So wanting more money isn't necessarily the motivator.

I wasn't talking about trying to make more money. I was only referring to the fact that the $40 may not(most likely not) be enough to cover the cost of DEEP, the shirt and the vinyl singles. The band has always expressed their love towards vinyl and if they can no longer afford to send the record, some of us may be willing to buy it separate for an additional cost.

But you are correct, these are only assumptions. Whatever the reason may be, its still pathetic that they don't feel the need to communicate with their fan club. Back to the Metallica reference, that band doesn't need the extra income as they have way more money than Pearl Jam. Metallica still feels the need to engage with their fan base on that level even though they've been around much longer. Pearl Jam became Record Store Day Ambassadors and then they stopped offering this a fan club exclusive.
  • Options
    To be fair, the record that they pulled wasn’t offered through record stores. 

Also, I feel like PJ fans gave more meaning to being the ambassador than it actually entails. 
  • Options
    But again. People rail on them for communication. What if there is no change from August? Do we want communication that there is no change? It’s lose lose IMO. They say there’s no change, people get madder that there’s been no movement and we know there hasn’t been. But with the unknown, people will be less mad, but still be mad. I get why they address (or don’t) like they do. 
  • Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,304
    my guess is the time commitment doing it coupled with how bands engage with their audience is different now. When 10c started, it was the most personal way of engaging the fanbase. Thats different now with social media and the internet. Nothing is really intimate anymore. On top of that, the band has families and maybe the the DIY aesthetic of the 90s fanclub has become less important to them and they want to spend time with their wives and kids. And if they want/need to engage its easy to say whats up with a tweet or an IG post. 

Their kids are all old. It's not like they are changing diapers. And they also have zero relationships with their fans via gram or whatever. That is all hired out. They haven't released the singles because they are only a semi-active band that doesn't see each other much at all when not touring 
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    I agree it is a lose lose situation because they've screwed this up so poorly. I, for one, would at least appreciate that if there is no change that they say so. They could at least address the situation in some form whether it be good or bad news. We deserve that at a bare minimum. 
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    How about quarterly updates. At least throw us a bone!  
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    Tomorrow marks 6 months since the last and only official update. Get your address updated so Pearl Jam can solicit more money from you!
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    after tonight’s announcement we need these singles more than ever!
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,005
    static111 said:
    Yup and the new album will be a good distraction
  • Options
    DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,422
    static111 said:
    With this unexpected break they can get them done and sent out (I realize it’s not quite that simple), lol!
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Options
    disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    Now they can blame the delay on both the Apollo fire and the coronavirus. Lucky them!
  • Options
    6 months and another newsletter with no information regarding the singles or DEEP but there is plenty of new merchandise to buy....
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,465
    JB16057 said:
    6 months and another newsletter with no information regarding the singles or DEEP but there is plenty of new merchandise to buy....
    People making threads here asking for more merch have been around long before this thread. You’re just going to have to wait your turn. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs said:
    The great thing about this thread is that you could stay away for weeks and then come back after missing dozens of pages of comments, yet the discussion is exactly where you left it.
    I can't argue with you on this....

• Options
    brolocobroloco Posts: 1,237
    Who do you guys think is really at fault? At first I was hatin' on 10C, but it could be the band?? 

I could understand one year behind, but it's two years now. They took our $80, with little to show for it. 
    And it's not about getting material objects - it's about not being treated properly. 

Reminds me of the time when I was in grade school: I brought in a stack of BMX Plus magazines into class...this kid wanted them and offered to buy them from me. I said sure, he took them, and he then said he'd "give me the money tomorrow." Needless to say every day it was no money and an excuse why he didn't bring it in. To this day I was never paid. 
    It's the same feeling here...of getting fucked over. It's not a good feeling. We should be treated better.

It may be a little dramatic, but it is affecting decisions, too. Like when I see pre-orders for the album. Pffffft. When you see new merch for sale coming through the pipeline, and new 7" records being offered for sale. Really?

We should be treated better.
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    OMG let it go.... 
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    myoung321 said:
    OMG let it go.... 
    I'm not letting this go. If you don't like this conversation, you don't have to be a part of it.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,114
    Now they can blame the delay on both the Apollo fire and the coronavirus. Lucky them!
    Being being in quarantine because of the Corona virus, a single or two to listen to would help out
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    broloco said:
    Who do you guys think is really at fault? At first I was hatin' on 10C, but it could be the band?? 

I could understand one year behind, but it's two years now. They took our $80, with little to show for it. 
    And it's not about getting material objects - it's about not being treated properly. 

Reminds me of the time when I was in grade school: I brought in a stack of BMX Plus magazines into class...this kid wanted them and offered to buy them from me. I said sure, he took them, and he then said he'd "give me the money tomorrow." Needless to say every day it was no money and an excuse why he didn't bring it in. To this day I was never paid. 
    It's the same feeling here...of getting fucked over. It's not a good feeling. We should be treated better.

It may be a little dramatic, but it is affecting decisions, too. Like when I see pre-orders for the album. Pffffft. When you see new merch for sale coming through the pipeline, and new 7" records being offered for sale. Really?

We should be treated better.
    it's always been the band. jeff admitted it on video. he said "Tim usually starts bugging us around August....". 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

This discussion has been closed.