Options

Hey how about those 2 missing Ten Club singles!

Comments

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,109
    JB16057 said:
    I'd rather be vocal about an issue that I have knowing that it won't do any good rather than staying silent. One of Pearl Jam's M.O.'s is to stand up for what you believe in. These singles are a couple days or weeks late. It has been years now and the band have chosen it to be this way. Why? I thought the 10c was the official Pearl Jam fan club. What is the 10c without band participation? I think we are seeing this right now and have been for the last 3-4+ years. If you can't give your fan club the attention you obligated yourself for, maybe it's time to shut it down? 
    I mean, this is pretty much why they stopped the 7". I wouldn't be surprised if they are phasing out the club what with them partnering with TM to sell this tour. TBH, I kinda don't blame them. They are a less active band now. They can't get a W in anyway with the fanbase. w/o a single, all the club offers is ticket access and even that could go away with preferred fan whatever and the fan to fan exchange. 
    Tim executive produced the DotC video, which seems like a new role outside of 10c management (maybe its in his purview though).

Just speculating. 

They can’t get a “w” with the fan base? Have you seen the merch lines!!! Hahahaha thats fucking comical.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    Hell I'll probably listen to them twice, so whenever they arrive I'll be happy. 
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,945
    JB16057 said:
    I'd rather be vocal about an issue that I have knowing that it won't do any good rather than staying silent. One of Pearl Jam's M.O.'s is to stand up for what you believe in. These singles are a couple days or weeks late. It has been years now and the band have chosen it to be this way. Why? I thought the 10c was the official Pearl Jam fan club. What is the 10c without band participation? I think we are seeing this right now and have been for the last 3-4+ years. If you can't give your fan club the attention you obligated yourself for, maybe it's time to shut it down? 
    I mean, this is pretty much why they stopped the 7". I wouldn't be surprised if they are phasing out the club what with them partnering with TM to sell this tour. TBH, I kinda don't blame them. They are a less active band now. They can't get a W in anyway with the fanbase. w/o a single, all the club offers is ticket access and even that could go away with preferred fan whatever and the fan to fan exchange. 
    Tim executive produced the DotC video, which seems like a new role outside of 10c management (maybe its in his purview though).

Just speculating. 

They can’t get a “w” with the fan base? Have you seen the merch lines!!! Hahahaha thats fucking comical.
    And how much complaining comes along with that? 

Lines too long, not enough of a certain size, not enough of a certain style, not enough posters, too many posters, people flipping posters, not pre selling merch, not selling the merch on the site post tour quick enough, too much merch. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    JB16057 said:

Just speculating. 

Lines too long, not enough of a certain size, not enough of a certain style, not enough posters, too many posters, people flipping posters, not pre selling merch, not selling the merch on the site post tour quick enough, too much merch. 
    there will always be consumer complainers. that is not exclusive to 10club members. however, the above is a separate issue. their show merch is extremely limited and they pander to the secondary market ("ONLY 10 POSTERS PER PERSON, FOLKS!"). all I care about is a t shirt from the show that I'm not going to sell. But it's hard as fuck to get one. those complaints are valid. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    once these are out and finished, what are the chances they sell a singles box in goods? and it isn't "pssst" dropped at 2pm on a tuesday and isn't extremely limited and the shipping doesn't double the cost?

:lol:
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,921
    This tour and new album - both of which I never would have believed could be happening this quickly - are an absolute "W" with me. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    JimmyV said:
    This tour and new album - both of which I never would have believed could be happening this quickly - are an absolute "W" with me. 
    Yep - I've been really happy with the 2 Gigaton singles and I'm going to make the drive to OKC a fun event and sightsee in a couple of cool cities on the way. I am grateful for the opportunity to see PJ perform NEW music and to have an excuse to get out and see the country while vegging out on some awesome tunes. 

JB16057 said:

Just speculating. 

there will always be consumer complainers. that is not exclusive to 10club members. however, the above is a separate issue. their show merch is extremely limited and they pander to the secondary market ("ONLY 10 POSTERS PER PERSON, FOLKS!"). all I care about is a t shirt from the show that I'm not going to sell. But it's hard as fuck to get one. those complaints are valid. 

I hope to I can score a t-shirt at the show. The music has always been the only thing that matters to me, but I do want to grab a tour shirt. I wrote a song about 20 years ago called "Souvenirs & Nostalgia". It's ironic how poignant that phrase has become to me as I've gotten older, lol. 
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,014
    JB16057 said:

Just speculating. 

No way are they phasing out 10c. Its such a high revenue for them. Without or without a fan club they would still have a website and sell merch on it, give news and updates, etc. If they aren't making lots of money from our dues we at least cover all the expenses of what they would be doing anyway and funding their website. And I still imagine probably making a nice profit on top of it. Especially now without the single, DEEP is probably going too. What expense, effort or time does having this fan club really take that they wouldn't endure just maintaining a website anyway?
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    JB16057 said:

Just speculating. 

What expense, effort or time does having this fan club really take that they wouldn't endure just maintaining a website anyway?
    Have you seen the things people bitch about here. If it were me I'd dump it so as not to deal with PJ fan BS.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    mace1229 said:
    JB16057 said:

Just speculating. 

What expense, effort or time does having this fan club really take that they wouldn't endure just maintaining a website anyway?
    Have you seen the things people bitch about here. If it were me I'd dump it so as not to deal with PJ fan BS.
    No membership fee but you get charged a nickel for every forum post
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    JB16057 said:

Just speculating. 

I don't think it really takes as much effort as you think it does. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    pjl44 said:
    mace1229 said:
    JB16057 said:

Just speculating. 

No membership fee but you get charged a nickel for every forum post
    Spiritual Chaos would be bankrupt before long
  • Options
    disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    They ignore us the way it is, so I'm pretty sure they'll be happy to continue taking our money while ignoring our bitching.
  • Options
    They ignore us the way it is, so I'm pretty sure they'll be happy to continue taking our money while ignoring our bitching.
    Image result for i will not be ignored gif
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    The money we have paid is for a subscription so its not a direct payment for a product in the same way other goods are sold and paid for. Unfortunately I think that means the timeframe can be very loose on these. In my opinion its morally wrong not delivering said items but I imagine not legally binding. 

There was suggestion that the band have enough clout to get these pressed despite the shortage of lacquers thats going to happen but I dont believe that something that makes zero money is going to be far up the priorities for anybody. I wouldnt be surprised if they just give everyone an extra bootleg code and say its not happening anymore.
  • Options
    pulling69pulling69 KIAD Posts: 982
    FR181798 said:
    The money we have paid is for a subscription so its not a direct payment for a product in the same way other goods are sold and paid for. Unfortunately I think that means the timeframe can be very loose on these. In my opinion its morally wrong not delivering said items but I imagine not legally binding. 

There was suggestion that the band have enough clout to get these pressed despite the shortage of lacquers thats going to happen but I dont believe that something that makes zero money is going to be far up the priorities for anybody. I wouldnt be surprised if they just give everyone an extra bootleg code and say its not happening anymore.

That would get them sued for sure.
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,433
    pulling69 said:
    FR181798 said:

Lol
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    EnzedEnzed NZ Posts: 479
    Well, if it’s not started, then just refund half the money and be done with it.  Better this than waiting on something they have no intention of ever fulfilling.
    Auckland 1 1995
    Auckland 1998
    EV (Neil Finn and Friends, April 2, 2001)
    Auckland 2009
    Auckland 2014
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,767
    on2legs said:
    pulling69 said:
    FR181798 said:

Lol
    Image result for funny protest sign
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    Enzed said:
    Well, if it’s not started, then just refund half the money and be done with it.  Better this than waiting on something they have no intention of ever fulfilling.
    Cant see them refunding any money tbh.
  • Options
    my_wavemy_wave clearwater, FL Posts: 337
    lmao, a refund!?!? all they care about is $, sadly they have the green disease and they've had it for a long, long time now... so not a chance in hell of that happening, but i'm sure the odds in vegas will have them releasing and selling a shitload of new merch, including new vinyl releases, to make even more $ long before these singles ever see the light of day, if ever... if it's not gonna make them any $ then they're not gonna do it because that would mean they'd have to, gasp, spend their own $, so yeah they don't care, this isn't the same band we grew up with anymore... they're no longer passionate starving artists, they're multimillionaires who could never relate to us no matter how hard they tried... so they just shrug their shoulders and sit back and laugh because they don't give a fuck, just like every other multimillionaire... but they'll still tell you what you want to hear, and give you just enough to keep you coming back for more, because they can never have enough... the haves be having more yet still bored...
    st. pete '94
    west palm beach '98
    tampa '00
    tampa '03
    tampa '08
    brooklyn '13
    austin '14
    austin '14
    tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
    ed - clearwater '12
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    The lack of any sort of informative update means we dont really know what has caused the delay. Its all speculation. 10c acknowledged them last Summer or whenever so although the update was vague I cant imagine they wont fulfil their obligation in some sort of way. Not great its taking so long. We should keep this discussion prominent on the forum and only a suggestion but its not worth getting too worked up about thinking ill of the band etc as frustrating as it is.
    Post edited by FR181798 on
  • Options
    i just like to occasionally poke the bear to try and get a response, it's just the young angry ed in me, i learned it from watching him...
    and this whole situation with the singles is very frustrating for some people, so i think this thread has become a place to vent occasionally and voice their opinion, so it's kinda like therapy in a way, the missing singles support group lol
    st. pete '94
    west palm beach '98
    tampa '00
    tampa '03
    tampa '08
    brooklyn '13
    austin '14
    austin '14
    tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
    ed - clearwater '12
  • Options
    like primal screaming
  • Options
    the only way to stick it to PJ @my_wave is to stop supporting them. Thats the statement young angry ed would appreciate.
  • Options
    very true, which is why the older laid back ed in me is like no worries, it's all good... have a glass of wine and relax, the singles will come when the universe finishes smoking this joint... 
    st. pete '94
    west palm beach '98
    tampa '00
    tampa '03
    tampa '08
    brooklyn '13
    austin '14
    austin '14
    tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
    ed - clearwater '12
  • Options
    disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    Anyone get them yet?
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,921
    Anyone get them yet?
    Your mailman is forthcoming. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    They will have to make an announcement well ahead of when they are actually going to ship. They'll ask everyone to update their address as the last time they asked us to do this was almost 6 months ago. It would be great if we had some kind of update.
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,604
    Eventually
This discussion has been closed.