Options

Hey how about those 2 missing Ten Club singles!

Comments

• Options
    EnzedEnzed NZ Posts: 479
    but what if I've moved since the last time they asked us to update our mailing address?

Auckland 1 1995
    Auckland 1998
    EV (Neil Finn and Friends, April 2, 2001)
    Auckland 2009
    Auckland 2014
  • Options
    foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    for all the bitching on this website i think this band and management are smart enough to know it is just a loud minority. if people were that upset about a myriad of ridiculousness they wouldn't buy tickets merch etc. so for those still hell bent upset about the singles why not make a personal statement and sell what ever tickets you have on the f2f site. then you could sleep soundly knowing you've really showed them. enough already. this dead horse is so beaten we have to send it out to the forensic lab.  put on some music have a drink or what ever or go do something nice for somebody but please stop this already.  
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,088
    foodboy said:
    for all the bitching on this website i think this band and management are smart enough to know it is just a loud minority. if people were that upset about a myriad of ridiculousness they wouldn't buy tickets merch etc. so for those still hell bent upset about the singles why not make a personal statement and sell what ever tickets you have on the f2f site. then you could sleep soundly knowing you've really showed them. enough already. this dead horse is so beaten we have to send it out to the forensic lab.  put on some music have a drink or what ever or go do something nice for somebody but please stop this already.  
    I kind of agree with you but, on the other hand, if everyone is smart enough to know it's a loud minority then there's no harm in letting them vent here if it makes them feel better while we wait.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    foodboy said:
    not going to shows has zero relation to goods we've bought and haven't been given. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,919
    Every "YOU'RE BEATING A DEAD HORSE!" post is a thread bump. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    edited February 2020
    JimmyV said:
    Every "YOU'RE BEATING A DEAD HORSE!" post is a thread bump. 
    it's so funny how none of them has figured this out yet, no matter how many times we clue them in. I guess they like taking their own whack at said horse. LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    foodboy said:
    Quit reading the thread if your panties end up in a bunch. Your non-sequitor makes no sense anyway. And I don't really buy merch or tickets through 10c anymore, anyway. But I did buy an analog membership that included a 7" single a couple of times and 10c still hasn't sent them to me. I'm just asking for what I paid for. Strange that you fault consumers for attempting to hold a business accountable for their obligations. 
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    This thread was getting buried until someone asked a legitimate question regarding the shipping address. This message board reflects an even smaller minority of all the members of the 10c. We don't know how many emails the 10c has responded to from the people that have never posted on this forum. At the end of the day, we paid for something that we haven't received and we've had very little communication. The 10c and Pearl Jam could do better regarding this situation but they've made a conscious effort not to communicate.
  • Options
    It's not beating a dead horse.  If the singles actually arrive, then it's a dead horse,  Until then, everyone has the right to piss and moan away!
  • Options
    I'll bet wearing my Santa hat in St. Louis.  That's my silent protest about this.
    07-02-98, 10-11-00, 04-22-03, 04-23-03, 06-09-03, 06-10-03, 06-18-03, 06-21-03, 06-22-03, 10-02-04, 10-03-04, 10-05-04, 05-16-06, 05-17-06, 05-22-06, 06-24-06, 06-29-06
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,008
    Enzed said:
    but what if I've moved since the last time they asked us to update our mailing address?

then update it again?
  • Options
    All, I have to say... Backspacer is back in print for vinyl again.... All I want is my 2 singles and 4 deep magazines. But, the waiting is the hardest part.
  • Options
    jimnelsen said:
    All, I have to say... Backspacer is back in print for vinyl again.... All I want is my 2 singles and 4 deep magazines. But, the waiting is the hardest part.
    Pearl Jam can sure get the vinyl records churned out fast when they want to make some extra money.
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,934
    I had a thought the other day that maybe its the Deep magazines holding this up. Those take a lot of work to compile. Maybe more than the singles. That could be the reason these are still delayed.

• Options
    It’s pathetic on their end. 7 years off between records, can’t find time to send some 45s out and deep magazine?  Send an update ten club , practice what you preach Pearl jam
  • Options
    I had a thought the other day that maybe its the Deep magazines holding this up. Those take a lot of work to compile. Maybe more than the singles. That could be the reason these are still delayed.

I too believe this is part of the issue. I would assume they do take some work to put together but at the same time, they must have a treasure trove of pictures and artwork that we've never seen. 2018 could've been all about the few concerts they played that year. It could've gone into the Home Shows money and where that money went. They've discontinued the singles but not DEEP. I could also partially understand the delay because they want to make the last of the singles special but DEEP could be thrown together and sent out. The last singles they sent out had the wrong year printed on them so they obviously don't mind sloppy releases. Of course, this speculation could all be taken care of with a short update. 

It's been nearly 6 months since we were told the singles were in production. If they truly wanted to get these pumped out, they would have. I'm not 100% sure but I would assume they've recorded and released full length albums faster than 6 months.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,008
    But they haven’t discontinued Deep have they? Just the singles
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,427
    I’m curious to see how they are going to produce The Deep newsletters.  Those things are usually filled with news about what is going on at the time.  Are they really going to write about something that happened that long ago and is not really timely anymore?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    my_wavemy_wave clearwater, FL Posts: 337
    edited February 2020
    deep is a joke in my opinion, and i could care less if they ever finish or send out the two missing issues... not to mention the third one they're behind on now... the only two they released that were really cool were the issues about ten when the reissue came out and the anniversary issue, 1990 - 2015 which was full of lots of really cool stuff collected over those 25 years... every other issue was just a few pics, an interview with someone, a recipe and that was about it, and they're available to download digitally, so it seems meaningless to get a physical copy, i wish they would've discontinued deep and kept the vinyl, then this thread wouldn't exist, i don't think anyone would've complained about no longer getting deep... it's just sad that this thread even exists to begin with and doesn't seem like it will be going away anytime soon, so stoked for the new album and tour and love the fuck out of this band, it's just sad that this is still an issue... and really fucking sad that they don't just say something because you know that they (ten club mods, not the band) read this everyday, and they're literally ignoring their fanbase and not responding to the questions members are asking, just sad...
    Post edited by my_wave on
    st. pete '94
    west palm beach '98
    tampa '00
    tampa '03
    tampa '08
    brooklyn '13
    austin '14
    austin '14
    tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
    ed - clearwater '12
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    edited February 2020
    I don’t really care about deep magazine.  I joined the club in the 90s for the singles and am still hopeful that they will eventually get here.  I think the delay is ridiculous, but in the past delays have been met with some really great singles. Here’s hoping. I think this is the best thread on these forums personally.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    my_wave said:
    deep is a joke in my opinion, and i could care less if they ever finish or send out the two missing issues... not to mention the third one they're behind on now... the only two they released that were really cool were the issues about ten when the reissue came out and the anniversary issue, 1990 - 2015 which was full of lots of really cool stuff collected over those 25 years... every other issue was just a few pics, an interview with someone, a recipe and that was about it, and they're available to download digitally, so it seems meaningless to get a physical copy, i wish they would've discontinued deep and kept the vinyl, then this thread wouldn't exist, i don't think anyone would've complained about no longer getting deep... it's just sad that this thread even exists to begin with and doesn't seem like it will be going away anytime soon, so stoked for the new album and tour and love the fuck out of this band, it's just sad that this is still an issue... and really fucking sad that they don't just say something because you know that they (ten club mods, not the band) read this everyday, and they're literally ignoring their fanbase and not responding to the questions members are asking, just sad...
    We're missing Deep from 2017, 2018, 2019 and niw 2020 has been paid for by some. Crazy. How will they ever catch up?
  • Options
    JB16057 said:

If they truly wanted to get these pumped out, they would have. 
    To be fair, wanting to get them done and out does not lead to it happening. I'm pretty sure 10c WANTS to get these done and out. 

• Options
    on2legs said:
    I’m curious to see how they are going to produce The Deep newsletters.  Those things are usually filled with news about what is going on at the time.  Are they really going to write about something that happened that long ago and is not really timely anymore?
    No, I could see them doing another memorabilia issue. 
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,108
    foodboy said:
    Hahahaha.

How about you keep your tickets and not go to the concert. $ for nothing!

I am going to have a nice drink though and wait for the shows.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,108
    on2legs said:
    No, I could see them doing another memorabilia issue. 
    I gotta ask, for someone with your opinion on this, why do you keep posting in here?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    oh yeah, I forgot about this, Y U NO PRESSING? are we gonna get those? eventually? if not, I want an upgrade or something, boot codes, tees, poster, yeah, a poster instead if we are not getting those waxes
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    To those saying to sub a bootleg code for these, speak for yourselves. I ordered vinyl and that's what I am expecting to receive. Unless they want to give me a pair of concert tickets to the city of my choice, I would accept that instead.

And to those saying to speak by closing our wallets, I haven't purchased anything from this site since last Spring I think? But it takes more than one.
  • Options
    To those saying to sub a bootleg code for these, speak for yourselves. I ordered vinyl and that's what I am expecting to receive. Unless they want to give me a pair of concert tickets to the city of my choice, I would accept that instead.

And to those saying to speak by closing our wallets, I haven't purchased anything from this site since last Spring I think? But it takes more than one.
    Im not saying I want something in their place but given that Deep is so behind and they cant get the singles out I dont think its beyond possibility for them to turnaround and say we cant fulfill these so here is this instead.
  • Options

I suggested that this might be part of the delay ages ago but didnt get many agreeing. They send out Deep and the singles together now to save on postage. Otherwise it would end up being costly. All about the bottom line. I would think that getting the printed material together is more time consuming than the singles.
  • Options
    Well, I now agree with you.

This discussion has been closed.