Options

Hey how about those 2 missing Ten Club singles!

Comments

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,930
    When you refer to it as "bugging" oof. Maybe they checked out on it a while ago.

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,831
    When you refer to it as "bugging" oof. Maybe they checked out on it a while ago.

sorry, I have a bad habit of putting quotations around a paraphrase. I don't honestly recall if he actually said the word bugging or if it was something similar, like reminding, or something of the like. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    edited March 2020
    JB16057 said:
    myoung321 said:
    OMG let it go.... 
    I'm not letting this go. If you don't like this conversation, you don't have to be a part of it.
    I understand.. but the horse is dead!   
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    brolocobroloco Posts: 1,237
    broloco said:
    Who do you guys think is really at fault? At first I was hatin' on 10C, but it could be the band?? 

I could understand one year behind, but it's two years now. They took our $80, with little to show for it. 
    And it's not about getting material objects - it's about not being treated properly. 

Reminds me of the time when I was in grade school: I brought in a stack of BMX Plus magazines into class...this kid wanted them and offered to buy them from me. I said sure, he took them, and he then said he'd "give me the money tomorrow." Needless to say every day it was no money and an excuse why he didn't bring it in. To this day I was never paid. 
    It's the same feeling here...of getting fucked over. It's not a good feeling. We should be treated better.

It may be a little dramatic, but it is affecting decisions, too. Like when I see pre-orders for the album. Pffffft. When you see new merch for sale coming through the pipeline, and new 7" records being offered for sale. Really?

We should be treated better.
    it's always been the band. jeff admitted it on video. he said "Tim usually starts bugging us around August....". 
    Ok thanks for that info. You would think that Tim or whomever manages this stuff would be a little more proactive and say "look fans are saying such and such...come on let's get something going". Dunno if we can just blame band. I need someone to hate here! J/k. We shouldn't hate anyone. Hopefully there's a happy ending to this.
  • Options
    JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    myoung321 said:
    Well thank you for helping keep this thread alive. 

Thats disappointing to hear about Jeff. I figured he would have a big part to do with the artwork for the single but especially DEEP. I also assumed he would enjoy doing it as an artistic outlet. 
  • Options
    disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    The horse isn't dead until the singles are delivered. Until then, I will keep beating the crap out of it.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,906
    The horse is sitting there laughing at you and people are declaring it dead. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    myoung321 said:
    JB16057 said:
    myoung321 said:
    OMG let it go.... 
    I'm not letting this go. If you don't like this conversation, you don't have to be a part of it.
    it would be dead if people were still complaining after the singles have been delivered. 

this horse is very much alive. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,000
    Its definitely on the band. Even if you could blame 10c, doesn't the band have control over that? The thing is if the band wanted to get these done and send them out, they already would have. Its on them.
    Now am I pissed off enough to leave the 10c? Of course not, the tickets will be worth it. That doesn't mean it isn't frustrating to not get what I've paid for.
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    The horse is sitting there laughing at you and people are declaring it dead. 
    The horse can laugh all it wants and people can declare whatever they wish. This band obviously doesn't care about this obligation and I won't ever let that go. I'll stop bitching once we get an update but I'll never forgive my favorite band for treating their fan club with such disrespect.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Now that the guys in the band just bought themselves an extended vacation with the postponement they have plenty of time to get this done. 
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    jeffbr said:
    Now that the guys in the band just bought themselves an extended vacation with the postponement they have plenty of time to get this done. 
    They've had years of vacation so I don't believe this vacation is any different. Hopefully everything is done and it is all being printed but without an official announcement, it is safer to assume they've done nothing.

• Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    JB16057 said:
    jeffbr said:
    They've had years of vacation so I don't believe this vacation is any different. Hopefully everything is done and it is all being printed but without an official announcement, it is safer to assume they've done nothing.

Haha, yeah, I was being a little sarcastic with maybe a sprinkling of optimism. I don't actually think they'll do anything because they haven't felt any need to do anything before now. They give no shits about their obligations in this matter.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    Hey Mods, Why isn't there an Annual Singles and DEEP magazine FAQ? The mods respond to some questions but they never seem to help out this situation or thread. No one seems to care in the whole Pearl Jam camp. The lack of communication is pathetic by all parties involved.
  • Options
    @JB16057 I can't say for certain, but it's a safe bet that their legal team has advised them not to comment on this matter any further. Also probably why they haven't locked this thread.
  • Options
    joeembletonjoeembleton Glasgow Posts: 408
    @JB16057 I can't say for certain, but it's a safe bet that their legal team has advised them not to comment on this matter any further. Also probably why they haven't locked this thread.
    100%
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,971
    edited March 2020
    JB16057 said:
    Hey Mods, Why isn't there an Annual Singles and DEEP magazine FAQ? The mods respond to some questions but they never seem to help out this situation or thread. No one seems to care in the whole Pearl Jam camp. The lack of communication is pathetic by all parties involved.
    I would believe, they do not have a good (honest) answer that would not expose how badly this has been handled by the band.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Since they have nothing better to do for the next couple months now, no reason not to get this done so this issue can be over. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,000
    Might be true for their lack of comments. I doubt its why they haven't closed the thread. There have been many threads like this over the last few years and as far as i remember didn't get shut down. I assume they have enough common sense to realize how badly it would make them look if they shut down threads where people are asking for merch we paid for 2+ years ago.
  • Options
    It would look very bad to lock this thread from a legal sense, so it is an entirely logical assumption. Prior threads did not involve the AG getting involved, or people threatening class action lawsuits. Regardless, we'll never know.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,425
    It would look very bad to lock this thread from a legal sense, so it is an entirely logical assumption. Prior threads did not involve the AG getting involved, or people threatening class action lawsuits. Regardless, we'll never know.
    What legal sense? Are you really serious?  The AG has closed their inquiry because the complaint was nonsense.  Are you really insinuating that this mess will end up in a court room?  Either people are trolling now or you’ve lost touch with reality. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Pearl Jam has always allowed threads that have been critical as long as they adhere to forum rules.  That’s why it’s been kept open. Not because they’re afraid of some electronic trail of evidence that people are goofy enough to think will be a smoking gun in a courtroom. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    64c and Cloudy64c and Cloudy Posts: 116
    edited March 2020
    Relax guys! I can see the announcement now..

As a thankyou for their patience, and as a final farewell to the much loved holiday single, the 10 Club is honouring members with a double (maybe triple??) LP on 180 gram wax, housed in a gatefold sleeve containing a retrospective collection of every single club single since Let Me Sleep. 

There will only be 1,500 pressed tho.

And they went on sale while you were at work / sleeping.

And it's been mastered properly too.

That'd be tight.
    Post edited by 64c and Cloudy on
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    What legal sense? Are you really serious?  The AG has closed their inquiry because the complaint was nonsense.  Are you really insinuating that this mess will end up in a court room?  Either people are trolling now or you’ve lost touch with reality. 
    Um, I guess I'm joking then? What the fuck do you think? And the AG didn't close anything; they simply stated that they could not continue as Tim stopped replying. They referred the complainant to an attorney, and yes, some people here were talking class action.

If you really think this entire situation is nonsense, then keep on fucking scrolling. I normally don't respond to stupid fucking trolls like yourself, but you caught me in a bad moment. I have never held you in any high regard on this forum, so I'm not worried about holding back. You're always an asshole to other members here.

Damn, I miss the ignore feature...
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    the ignore feature is still there. click on their username, there is a white box that defaults to "message", but you can click on the box next to it and pull it down to switch it to ignore. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited March 2020
    on2legs said:
    Source for it being considered "nonsense"  ?
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    on2legs said:
    Um, I guess I'm joking then? What the fuck do you think? And the AG didn't close anything; they simply stated that they could not continue as Tim stopped replying. They referred the complainant to an attorney, and yes, some people here were talking class action.

If you really think this entire situation is nonsense, then keep on fucking scrolling. I normally don't respond to stupid fucking trolls like yourself, but you caught me in a bad moment. I have never held you in any high regard on this forum, so I'm not worried about holding back. 

Damn, I miss the ignore feature...
    Please.  You guys are being ridiculous.  The attempt to fan this minor issue into some kind of crisis is the definition of trolling.  

As far as a class action lawsuit... that’s about as legitimate as the lawsuits over people complaining that their coffee was hot.  Let us know when you get your class action certified.  Lol. 
    Post edited by Kat on

• Options
    JB16057 said:
    I would believe, they do not have a good (honest) answer that would not expose how badly this has been handled by the band.
    I also believe this to be true but at the same time they haven't offered a good (honest) apology either. Whether they are breaking any consumer laws or not, this is a piss poor way to treat the fan club and if it isn't illegal in some way, it should be.

As for the AG closing the case, that isn't entirely true. The AG closed the "informal complaint resolution process". However, if I emailed them today, they would once again ask the Ten Club to respond under the same case number. The Ten Club took the low road last time and refused to respond. We do not know what or if there has been any other communication between the AG and the Ten Club. The AG says, "It is our policy to neither confirm nor deny the existence of an ongoing investigation." I doubt there is an investigation happening. The Ten Club & Pearl Jam have taken advantage of the members by not sending what we have paid for in a timely manner but they've also not communicated a proper apology or timeline which is just pathetic.

• Options
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    I also believe this to be true but at the same time they haven't offered a good (honest) apology either. Whether they are breaking any consumer laws or not, this is a piss poor way to treat the fan club and if it isn't illegal in some way, it should be.

As for the AG closing the case, that isn't entirely true. The AG closed the "informal complaint resolution process". However, if I emailed them today, they would once again ask the Ten Club to respond under the same case number. The Ten Club took the low road last time and refused to respond. We do not know what or if there has been any other communication between the AG and the Ten Club. The AG says, "It is our policy to neither confirm nor deny the existence of an ongoing investigation." I doubt there is an investigation happening. The Ten Club & Pearl Jam have taken advantage of the members by not sending what we have paid for in a timely manner but they've also not communicated a proper apology or timeline which is just pathetic.

I’m guessing the Attorney General has their hands full right now with Washington State being an epicenter of this pandemic for the US. 

• Options
    on2legs said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

I’m guessing the Attorney General has their hands full right now with Washington State being an epicenter of this pandemic for the US. 
    Still: Source for it being considered "nonsense"  ?
This discussion has been closed.