Options

Hey how about those 2 missing Ten Club singles!

Comments

• Options
    treestrees Columbus OHIO Posts: 1,808
    Since that fire of a vinyl making plant burnt to the ground ,wouldnt it take even longer now ,since they have a new album to ship and singles as well ,and these are from 2016 /2017 singles it is interesting that these have not been pressed

PJ Cuyahoga Flalls OH 8/26/1998
    PJ Noblesviile IN 8/18/2000
    PJ Cincinnatti OH 8/20/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 8/21/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 6/24/2003
    PJ Hamilton Ontario 9/13/2005
    PJ Phiadelphia PA 10/3/2005
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/20/2006
    PJ Columbia SC 6/16/2008.....
    e.V Chicago IL 8/21/2008
    e.V Philly PA 6/11/2009
    e.V Bailtimore MD 6/14/2009...
    PJ Chicago IL 8/23/2009
    .PJ...Philly PA 10/27/2009 PJ.Philadephia PA 10/28/2009.
    PJ Columbus OH 5/6/2010
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/9/2010.
    BRAD Columbus OH 10/5/2010
    e.V St.Louis MO 7/1/2011
    .PJ.. East Troy WI 9/3/2011..PJ..East Troy WI 9/4/2011
    Neil Young & Crazy Horse Cleveland OH 10/8/2012
    RNDM Chicago IL11/13/2012
    Alice In Chains/SoundGarden Columbus OH 5/19/2013
    AIC Fort Wayne IN 5/21/2013
    PJ Pittsburgh PA 10/11/2013
    AIC Cincinnati OH 5/17/2014
    AIC Cleveland OH 5/19/2014
    AIC Indianapolis IN 8/19/2014
    PJ Cincinnati OH 10/1/2014
    AIC Cincinnati OH 8/06/2015
    RNDM Chicago IL 3/15/2016
    PJ Columbia SC 4\21\2016
    PJ Lexington KY 4/26/2016
    PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2016
    Soundgarden Columbus OH 5/20/2017 Canceled RIP Chris
    AIC Columbus OH 5/18/2018 
    PJ Chicago IL 8/18/2018 PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2018
    PJ St Louis Missouri 9/18/2022
    AIC Cuyohoga falls Oh. 8/16/2019
    SHAWNSMITH Rip 2019Mark Lanegan Band 5/18/19
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,984
    Not necessarily. 

There are still lacquers (the plate thats used to cut the audio so that stampers for plants can be made) out there and various mastering houses will run out in a matter or weeks to months. Also, there is a process called Direct Metal Mastering (DMM). Its mainly used in Europe, and what it entails is cutting directly to a copper disc which is then used to stamp the records directly. There's some audio quality loss, but its still a legit and commonly used process. 

So there are options out there to get it done. You add the size of the run and the prestige of the band, I'm sure it could get done. On top of that, there sis one producer of lacquers left and his stuff is used by some of the best mastering places, so PJ could pay up to get in one of those houses queues to get these done. And again, given their prestige, I'm sure they could get it done. 

but mainly, I do not think the hold up is due to pressing (The band could probably get these in about 2 months). Its the band delivering the tracks and making art or at least directing the art.
  • Options
    JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    but mainly, I do not think the hold up is due to pressing (The band could probably get these in about 2 months). Its the band delivering the tracks and making art or at least directing the art.
    This is why Tim Bierman's official response is so frustrating. He blamed the process of making a vinyl record as the reason why the 10c can not give us a timeline. Why not just be honest about the whole situation? He doesn't have to come out and say anything negative about the band but lying and deflection does not help the situation.

If the band is truly the only hold up, it doesn't make me feel appreciated by the band that I've supported forever. I'm not asking for the singles right now. I'm only asking for honest communication.

• Options
    I assume because he didn't want to put the band on blast in an official response to the Attorney General. By leaving it vague and calling it "the process of making a vinyl record" or whatever, leaves it open to any number of factors. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,837
    I assume because he didn't want to put the band on blast in an official response to the Attorney General. By leaving it vague and calling it "the process of making a vinyl record" or whatever, leaves it open to any number of factors. 
    I assume it's because he doesn't give a flying fuck. :lol:
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    xjoshfromworkxxjoshfromworkx Moline, IL Posts: 138
    MAYBE it's taking so long to put these singles out because the band has to sign every copy first and it's not easy to get them all in the same room at the same time to get them all signed.

WE'RE ALL GETTING SIGNED COPIES!

Moline, IL 10-17-2014
    Wrigley #1 8-20-2016
    Wrigley #2 8-22-2016
    Wrigley #1 8-18-2018
    Wrigley #2 8-20-2018

• Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,506
    Vedd Hedd said:
    This thread still going?

Oh good.....

Did you get your singles?
    No. But I am also not delusional enough to think that by keeping this thread alive it will spark something.  
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    This wasn't necessary at all. He lied to the fans and Pearl Jam backs him for it. That's pretty sick to think that the band would allow and encourage dishonesty in the 10c.

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,017
    MAYBE it's taking so long to put these singles out because the band has to sign every copy first and it's not easy to get them all in the same room at the same time to get them all signed.

Boom is probably the hold up.
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    This thread still going?

Oh good.....

No. But I am also not delusional enough to think that by keeping this thread alive it will spark something.  
    people have gotten their song request granted for bumping threads. so no, it's not delusional at all. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JB16057 said:
    This wasn't necessary at all. He lied to the fans and Pearl Jam backs him for it. That's pretty sick to think that the band would allow and encourage dishonesty in the 10c.

Where’s the lie? 
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    This thread still going?

Oh good.....

people have gotten their song request granted for bumping threads. so no, it's not delusional at all. 
    We don’t need to encourage that as well
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    This thread still going?

Oh good.....

i'm not. he's saying it's delusional to think posting on this message board will get anything done. there is direct evidence to dispute that. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    ah
  • Options
    JB16057 said:

Where’s the lie? 
    Tim Bierman said, "because of the nature of creating vinyl records, there is not an exact date we can provide to the customers."

This isn't an honest answer and I believe it is a lie. Like you stated and I agree, the delay is the band. It has nothing to do with producing a vinyl record. Also, when you place an order to make vinyl records, they would give you a date of when to expect the records. He lied. He didn't have to say anything about creating vinyl records because no order was ever placed. With the above statement, he's trying to blame the manufacturer of the records when they have nothing to do with any of this.

• Options
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    This thread still going?

Oh good.....

10c is aware of the problem. Adding 1000 more lines to this post wont matter.

Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    This thread still going?

Oh good.....

i'm not. he's saying it's delusional to think posting on this message board will get anything done. there is direct evidence to dispute that. 
    No. Im saying keeping this particular thread alive wont force the issue.

They know the issue.  They will do it when they do it. Do I want i sooner? Sure. 

But do you think 1000 more replies to this...THATS when action will be taken?

Or do you think they will do it when they have something definite?
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

Where’s the lie? 
    Tim Bierman said, "because of the nature of creating vinyl records, there is not an exact date we can provide to the customers."

This isn't an honest answer and I believe it is a lie. Like you stated and I agree, the delay is the band. It has nothing to do with producing a vinyl record. Also, when you place an order to make vinyl records, they would give you a date of when to expect the records. He lied. He didn't have to say anything about creating vinyl records because no order was ever placed. With the above statement, he's trying to blame the manufacturer of the records when they have nothing to do with any of this.

See, when I read "because of the nature of creating vinyl records", I think of the whole process from conceptualization to shipping them off to customers. He didn't say mastering, plating, review, pressing or waiting on delivery, or any other specific step of the process. Like I said earlier, I think one poster assumed it meant pressing and ran with it and everyone else soon did thereafter.

Thats fair if you think thats a lie. I don't. 
  • Options
    I'd rather be vocal about an issue that I have knowing that it won't do any good rather than staying silent. One of Pearl Jam's M.O.'s is to stand up for what you believe in. These singles are a couple days or weeks late. It has been years now and the band have chosen it to be this way. Why? I thought the 10c was the official Pearl Jam fan club. What is the 10c without band participation? I think we are seeing this right now and have been for the last 3-4+ years. If you can't give your fan club the attention you obligated yourself for, maybe it's time to shut it down?

I would hope 1990 Pearl Jam would be ashamed of how the 2020 Pearl Jam treats the Ten Club.
  • Options

That's totally fair and I respect your opinion.

• Options
    SK20613SK20613 Apex, NC Posts: 103

Ya, If that were true, all would be forgiven.

• Options
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

Where’s the lie? 

See, when I read "because of the nature of creating vinyl records", I think of the whole process from conceptualization to shipping them off to customers. He didn't say mastering, plating, review, pressing or waiting on delivery, or any other specific step of the process. Like I said earlier, I think one poster assumed it meant pressing and ran with it and everyone else soon did thereafter.

At best its a vague statement intended to transfer blame to someone else.  I've come to accept that I'll never receive these.  In my experience when people or businesses speak in generalities without specific dates they are just trying to delay any resolution.  Its hard for customers to stay mad for too long.  They just give up and move on.

And this is a real shame since it doesn't appear that putting out a couple songs should be this much of an issue.  Send out Can't Deny Me and a live B side.  Or Cold Confession/Let It Ride.  Record a new cover or just use one of the live ones from 2018 (Dirty Water, Tail Lights Fade, We Are Gonna Be Friends).
    Boston (4/10/94), Hartford (10/2/96), Barre (8/22/98), Hartford (9/13/98), Mansfield (9/15/98 + 9/16/98), Mansfield (8/29/00 + 8/30/00), Mansfield (7/2/03 + 7/11/03), Boston (9/28/04), Hartford (5/13/06), Boston (5/24/06 + 5/25/06), Hartford (6/27/08), Mansfield (6/28/08 + 6/30/08), Philadelphia (10/31/09), Hartford (5/15/10), Worcester (10/15/13 + 10/16/13), Hartford (10/25/13), New York (5/1/16), Boston (8/5/16 + 8/7/16), Boston (9/2/18 + 9/4/18)
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    I'd rather be vocal about an issue that I have knowing that it won't do any good rather than staying silent. One of Pearl Jam's M.O.'s is to stand up for what you believe in. These singles are a couple days or weeks late. It has been years now and the band have chosen it to be this way. Why? I thought the 10c was the official Pearl Jam fan club. What is the 10c without band participation? I think we are seeing this right now and have been for the last 3-4+ years. If you can't give your fan club the attention you obligated yourself for, maybe it's time to shut it down? 
    I mean, this is pretty much why they stopped the 7". I wouldn't be surprised if they are phasing out the club what with them partnering with TM to sell this tour. TBH, I kinda don't blame them. They are a less active band now. They can't get a W in anyway with the fanbase. w/o a single, all the club offers is ticket access and even that could go away with preferred fan whatever and the fan to fan exchange. 
    Tim executive produced the DotC video, which seems like a new role outside of 10c management (maybe its in his purview though).

Just speculating. 

• Options
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    This thread still going?

Oh good.....

well then stop contributing to it. LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JB16057 said:

I would hope 1990 Pearl Jam would be ashamed of how the 2020 Pearl Jam treats the Ten Club.
    The fan club is still here because I'm guessing that it makes the band a lot of money.  They take dues for the opportunity to sell tickets.  They sell exclusive merchandise.  If this wasn't profitable I think that they would have shut it down long ago.

All of that is fine.  I personally think that my membership is one of the best things I get each year.  But I think that I may be switching to digital next year.
    Boston (4/10/94), Hartford (10/2/96), Barre (8/22/98), Hartford (9/13/98), Mansfield (9/15/98 + 9/16/98), Mansfield (8/29/00 + 8/30/00), Mansfield (7/2/03 + 7/11/03), Boston (9/28/04), Hartford (5/13/06), Boston (5/24/06 + 5/25/06), Hartford (6/27/08), Mansfield (6/28/08 + 6/30/08), Philadelphia (10/31/09), Hartford (5/15/10), Worcester (10/15/13 + 10/16/13), Hartford (10/25/13), New York (5/1/16), Boston (8/5/16 + 8/7/16), Boston (9/2/18 + 9/4/18)
  • Options
    I'm sure they do well from the club (outside of an album release or tour), but playing 1 show probably makes them way more than dues.

• Options
    my_wavemy_wave clearwater, FL Posts: 339
    edited February 2020
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

Where’s the lie? 

and how long have they had now to do all of the above including pressing?...
    st. pete '94
    west palm beach '98
    tampa '00
    tampa '03
    tampa '08
    brooklyn '13
    austin '14
    austin '14
    tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
    ed - clearwater '12
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    This thread still going?

Oh good.....

well then stop contributing to it. LOL
    Good point. :)

Image result for kramer  ok starting now gif
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    my_wave said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

Where’s the lie? 

and how long have they had now to do all of the above including pressing?...
    Dude, I get it, but if the band is dragging feet in choosing songs or making art, theres nothing anyone who is employed by them can do.

Technically if an email was sent to the band asking for material, its 'in progress' and 'part of the nature of creating vinyl records'. 

• Options
    They need to fulfill their obligations, it’s sad that they can’t provide an update
This discussion has been closed.