Options

Hey how about those 2 missing Ten Club singles!

Comments

• Options
    disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    Vedd Hedd said:
    rgambs said:
    I am just surprised that people care about the fan club single at all lol
    Who gives a shit? You've got a 30 year catalog of music and a brand new album of FRESH music coming out from a band that could/should have broken up before the year 2000, and your worried about the fan club single?

People act like that's what they pay their dues for, a single once a year...🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    We are all here for the same 2 reasons, the Forum and access to the most up-to-date information, and most importantly, the access to fan club presales so we can avoid sitting in the nosebleeds with the EvenBros.
    I signed up back in the '90s for ticket access. The single was a nice bonus that I didn't even know about when I originally signed up, and also the reason that I kept renewing. So, to answer your question, a lot of people care about the singles. I'm also one of the few that could give a rat's ass about a new album. There are so many great songs that will be bumped from the setlist now, but I'm not complaining about it either, just stating my opinion.
    So you DONT care about the new album....but you DO care that previous 10C singles were released digitally?  

They werent re-released as vinyl singles, correct?

Replace digitally with commercially. And then explain what any of this has to do with the new album.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    rgambs said:
    Who gives a shit? You've got a 30 year catalog of music and a brand new album of FRESH music coming out from a band that could/should have broken up before the year 2000, and your worried about the fan club single?

People act like that's what they pay their dues for, a single once a year...🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    We are all here for the same 2 reasons, the Forum and access to the most up-to-date information, and most importantly, the access to fan club presales so we can avoid sitting in the nosebleeds with the EvenBros.
    Its exactly  why I paid half my dues. The only reason I went analog over digital is because of the single. As soon as they announced the single was done I switched to digital. So yes, there is truth behind people acting like the only reason we're here is for the single.

But I do agree with you that there is a lot more going on. I don;t think about the singles until I log on and see this thread. If we never get them I'll be disappointed. It was a novelty that I enjoyed, and disappointed that the band was willing to charge me $40 (the difference in membership for 2 years) and not delivered the promised product. But I'll still be a member and still try to go to more shows.

Wouldn't you be upset if the next mystery boxes came around and when yours was delivered it just had a note that said "sorry, we ran out of posters. --SLH" but they kept your money? Or would you shrug it off and just say well we have a lot else going on, no big deal?
    Your scenario about the mystery boxes isn't as far off as you would think. Mine arrived crushed, accordion style, everything destroyed. Their email reply to my pictures? All sales are final, items as is, no refunds, etc. That was a kick in the balls, and I never bought another thing from their shitty, over-priced store again. I'm digital now just for the tickets.
    Not to hijack this thread on a bit of a red herring  that was tossed out above, but.....my experience was just the opposite relating to the Mystery Box.  Mine also showed up crushed "accordion style"....while I cannot be certain of all of the items still being in the box, I did note that the poster tube was definitely not in the box.  Posted a pic and 10c took care of it immediately....as in, the next day one was on the way.  I know different people have different experiences, but I have never had a encounter with the folks a 10c that wasn't professional.  Call me an apologist....I just don't have any interactions with them that would lead me to believe otherwise....
    ps:  After seeing what other people got in their Mystery Boxes, I think that the only other thing that didn't make it in mine would have been the guitar picks...otherwise it looked like the thief left the other miscellaneous items....
    While I'm happy that you were taken care of, it pisses me off even more at the same time, to see their lack of consistency. I saw someone else had a damaged box on fb maybe? I don't remember where, but anyway, they were rewarded with a signed baseball and some rare posters or something. I wasn't asking for or expecting anything like that, but told be told to fuck off? I really wasn't expecting that.
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,950
    Im like 99% sure I’ve never eaten Arby’s in my life. I know 100% that I’ve bought their curly fries in my local grocers freezer section. 
  • Options
    But yeah, there’s only been like 5 or 6 singles I’ve played more than 2-3 times. 
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,480
    Vedd Hedd said:
    rgambs said:

I signed up back in the '90s for ticket access. The single was a nice bonus that I didn't even know about when I originally signed up, and also the reason that I kept renewing. So, to answer your question, a lot of people care about the singles. I'm also one of the few that could give a rat's ass about a new album. There are so many great songs that will be bumped from the setlist now, but I'm not complaining about it either, just stating my opinion.
    So you DONT care about the new album....but you DO care that previous 10C singles were released digitally?  

Replace digitally with commercially. And then explain what any of this has to do with the new album.
    So, when you say commercially....I'm still confused.  Did they release these singles as vinyl singles?  Or did they release them via itunes, amazon, spotify, etc....

This has nothing to do with the new album.  I'm just confused as to why someone would be upset that, say, "Someday at Christmas" was released to everyone, but not be excited about a full album of new music. 
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    But yeah, there’s only been like 5 or 6 singles I’ve played more than 2-3 times. 
    Singles are exhausting...put them on the turntable, put the needle down, sit down...realize that you forgot to change it from 33 1/3 rpm to 45...get up, adjust the speed...listen to (at the most) four minutes of music...flip the single to listen to the b side....hear nothing but scratching because it is the etched side of DotC...go back to your phone and listen to it on Apple music....
    It is fun to look at the covers though....
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    Love this song...

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,014
    mace1229 said:
    rgambs said:

Its exactly  why I paid half my dues. The only reason I went analog over digital is because of the single. As soon as they announced the single was done I switched to digital. So yes, there is truth behind people acting like the only reason we're here is for the single.

But I do agree with you that there is a lot more going on. I don;t think about the singles until I log on and see this thread. If we never get them I'll be disappointed. It was a novelty that I enjoyed, and disappointed that the band was willing to charge me $40 (the difference in membership for 2 years) and not delivered the promised product. But I'll still be a member and still try to go to more shows.

Wouldn't you be upset if the next mystery boxes came around and when yours was delivered it just had a note that said "sorry, we ran out of posters. --SLH" but they kept your money? Or would you shrug it off and just say well we have a lot else going on, no big deal?
    Your scenario about the mystery boxes isn't as far off as you would think. Mine arrived crushed, accordion style, everything destroyed. Their email reply to my pictures? All sales are final, items as is, no refunds, etc. That was a kick in the balls, and I never bought another thing from their shitty, over-priced store again. I'm digital now just for the tickets.
    Not to hijack this thread on a bit of a red herring  that was tossed out above, but.....my experience was just the opposite relating to the Mystery Box.  Mine also showed up crushed "accordion style"....while I cannot be certain of all of the items still being in the box, I did note that the poster tube was definitely not in the box.  Posted a pic and 10c took care of it immediately....as in, the next day one was on the way.  I know different people have different experiences, but I have never had a encounter with the folks a 10c that wasn't professional.  Call me an apologist....I just don't have any interactions with them that would lead me to believe otherwise....
    ps:  After seeing what other people got in their Mystery Boxes, I think that the only other thing that didn't make it in mine would have been the guitar picks...otherwise it looked like the thief left the other miscellaneous items....
    So what were the replacement posters? Did you get 2 baby brains?
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    rgambs said:

While I'm happy that you were taken care of, it pisses me off even more at the same time, to see their lack of consistency. I saw someone else had a damaged box on fb maybe? I don't remember where, but anyway, they were rewarded with a signed baseball and some rare posters or something. I wasn't asking for or expecting anything like that, but told be told to fuck off? I really wasn't expecting that.
    They said that? And didn't even offer you a refund of any kind? Unbelievable.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,434
    The great thing about this thread is that you could stay away for weeks and then come back after missing dozens of pages of comments, yet the discussion is exactly where you left it.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    To answer the question above, if we don't get these by EOY, I wouldn't be surprised if someone started a class action suit. Not me, as that sounds like WAY too much work, but I'm sure there are many that would.

And to touch on the personal feel of said singles: Them recently releasing them all for profit, the exact opposite of their original intention, further solidifies that they are a business first and band second.
    I also remember when people bought their records vs streaming single songs or out right robbing them.

So...yeah, they are trying to making a living off their music, no shit.
    I don't think you get what I'm saying. The fan club singles were always for the fan club only, not to be sold, not to hit radio, not to make a profit on, etc. They were strictly for the fan club. This has all changed, and has nothing to do with their commercial releases. 

You mentioning people buying their records does not apply since these were never for sale commercially in the first place. But I guess 'no shit' is a good enough response, and all that can be expected from most people here, rather than an insightful discussion.
    so we really rolling back to the fact that a fanclub member played Last Kiss either on the radio or for someone with radio ties, it became a hit, the band sold that one side of the single to make a boatload of money for refugees in Kosovo and that is a problem how?  Or that they decided at this stage to put the singles on streaming services, is that a foul somehow, how cares, I already have the vinyl and they send a digital download for them all in the last ten years, and people rip them and share them illegally all over the interwebs as is.

They stopped becoming strictly for the club the moment one person pressed upload and ten thousand pressed download.
    so if i break into an exclusive golf country club, they won't kick me out because now i can claim it's no longer exclusive and i have a right to be there?

wicked! 
    That is a great analogy.

If you are being completely obtuse. 
    haha, you say it's no longer a club exclusive because people started stealing the files, and I'm being obtuse. LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    whether someone likes or dislikes or cares or doesn't care about single vinyl records is meaningless. some sign up for the forum. some sign up for the tickets. some sign up for the access to exclusive merch and contests. 

it's irrelevant if you think that person's reason is silly. it's their reason, and if that part of the contract is not fulfilled, they have every right to be annoyed by it. full stop. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    rgambs said:

So, when you say commercially....I'm still confused.  Did they release these singles as vinyl singles?  Or did they release them via itunes, amazon, spotify, etc....

This has nothing to do with the new album.  I'm just confused as to why someone would be upset that, say, "Someday at Christmas" was released to everyone, but not be excited about a full album of new music. 
    i think they recently released them digitally over christmas. wasn't that the 12 days of xmas they were doing on social media? I thought they posted a new track for purchase each day or something? I'm not sure. 

that's neither here nor there for me personally, but i can see why that would annoy some. it's weird to charge people for an exclusive item and then later release it publicly for a fraction of the cost. mind you, it only makes sense they make SOME money off the tracks that were ripped and uploaded to the net. I can't say I blame them for that. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    rgambs said:

i think they recently released them digitally over christmas. wasn't that the 12 days of xmas they were doing on social media? I thought they posted a new track for purchase each day or something? I'm not sure. 

that's neither here nor there for me personally, but i can see why that would annoy some. it's weird to charge people for an exclusive item and then later release it publicly for a fraction of the cost. mind you, it only makes sense they make SOME money off the tracks that were ripped and uploaded to the net. I can't say I blame them for that. 
    I just checked the website, and a number of them are available as vinyl singles. 

That doesnt bother me, but that might bother the "collector" who cares about the end value. 

But I still dont understand why a person would care that much about that, at the same time not caring about a new album. 
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    rgambs said:

I just checked the website, and a number of them are available as vinyl singles. 

That doesnt bother me, but that might bother the "collector" who cares about the end value. 

But I still dont understand why a person would care that much about that, at the same time not caring about a new album. 
    I guess I'm not following as to what one has to do with the other?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    rgambs said:

I guess my point here is....

"Oh man...my fan club singles were released to the general public, those were MINE! I am a loyal fan club member, and those should only be for me!"
    coupled with 
    "Oh, they have a new album?  Not interested"

Like, you love the band so much to the point where you are upset that some random fan club singles are released commercially so others could hear them.....yet, dont like them enough to be interested in their next album?
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    rgambs said:

I guess my point here is....

"Oh man...my fan club singles were released to the general public, those were MINE! I am a loyal fan club member, and those should only be for me!"
    coupled with 
    "Oh, they have a new album?  Not interested"

Like, you love the band so much to the point where you are upset that some random fan club singles are released commercially so others could hear them.....yet, dont like them enough to be interested in their next album?
    maybe it's more of a collector issue than a fan of a band issue? I don't know.

mind you, it did bother me when my other favourite band did this. as an example:

Headstones released a two song vinyl record. stand alone songs, the B side was to be on the next record, the A side was vinyl only (they ended up both being stand alone tracks). $40 for 2 fucking songs. but vinyl only, so that was the only way I could get my hands on them. 

Got the record. was happy, as they are my fave. Then BOOM, I see both those tracks on iTunes like a few weeks later. The band outright lied about it. I spent $40 instead of $2.50. AND they didn't even have the decency to give the vinyl buyers a download code. So not only did I spend $40 on the vinyl, if I wanted them digitally, I had to buy the tracks AGAIN. it's that kind of stuff that turns people off. I don't know if this is something similar to the gripe being expressed here, but just an example of kind of feeling like being taken advantage of because they just know their rabid fans will pony up the cash. it seems dishonest. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    @Vedd Hedd first time I looked at the porch today.

PJ created the singles for paying fan club members (they even apologized when the Last Kiss stuff happened) and they said that they would always be fan-exclusive. Now they are charging money for them, no longer fan-exclusive. It may not seem like a big deal, and it's not, really, but what was once exclusive to us is now being sold for profit. I was just using that as an example of how they seem to care less and less about us each passing year. I'm really not all that bent out of shape about it, just one of many examples I could have used.

As for the new album, maybe I'm too old to appreciate new music? I'm sure at least half of it will be good, but how many classic rock concerts do you go to where you get excited when the band says, "and here's one from our new album"? Or maybe it's because I haven't cared for the last two songs? I dunno, but to the people that are excited for new music, then more power to them! Doesn't mean I can't share my opinion though. I'm still unsure what the two have to do with each other.

These missing singles are dividing the PJ community!!! LOL

And to relate to @HughFreakingDillon last post. DMB released a vinyl box set for their 25th anniversary. I think it was $200 but they swore that it was the only way it would be released. A few months later, $50 FLAC files were available. I was just a little bit pissed.
  • Options
    I missed it, were people pissed when FC singles ended up on Lost Dogs?

• Options
    I can see how someone would be bothered that they weren't fan exclusive anymore. I enjoyed that they released mp3 versions to buy/stream. Like the tracks that ended up on LD, I'm happy to have not rip versions to play. Personally, now that the 7" thing is done, I'd love for them to release all of them so I don't have to listen to rips of the tracks I love while on the go.
  • Options

PJ created the singles for paying fan club members (they even apologized when the Last Kiss stuff happened) and they said that they would always be fan-exclusive. Now they are charging money for them, no longer fan-exclusive. It may not seem like a big deal, and it's not, really, but what was once exclusive to us is now being sold for profit. I was just using that as an example of how they seem to care less and less about us each passing year. I'm really not all that bent out of shape about it, just one of many examples I could have used.

As for the new album, maybe I'm too old to appreciate new music? I'm sure at least half of it will be good, but how many classic rock concerts do you go to where you get excited when the band says, "and here's one from our new album"? Or maybe it's because I haven't cared for the last two songs? I dunno, but to the people that are excited for new music, then more power to them! Doesn't mean I can't share my opinion though. I'm still unsure what the two have to do with each other.

And to relate to @HughFreakingDillon last post. DMB released a vinyl box set for their 25th anniversary. I think it was $200 but they swore that it was the only way it would be released. A few months later, $50 FLAC files were available. I was just a little bit pissed.
    fair enough, no worries.  I was just trying to understand it.  I am one of those people that you talk about though.  I would much rather hear new music than hear greatest hits.   Going on 50th PJ show, I could handle a full on Gigaton album play, without even knowing what is on it.  I mean, yeah, EF is great and all, but I think I have heard it live 48 times?  lol.  

I was happy when they released the songs digitally, though.  I have the singles, but never listen to them on vinyl, because I hate changing my belt from 33 to 45.  And like someone said, its usually 3 minutes you have to sit there.  I wish i had a jukebox for those.  That would be cool. 
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options

I don't recall a big uproar about it, but yes, I do recall some making noise about it. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Vedd Hedd said:

fair enough, no worries.  I was just trying to understand it.  I am one of those people that you talk about though.  I would much rather hear new music than hear greatest hits.   Going on 50th PJ show, I could handle a full on Gigaton album play, without even knowing what is on it.  I mean, yeah, EF is great and all, but I think I have heard it live 48 times?  lol.  

I was happy when they released the songs digitally, though.  I have the singles, but never listen to them on vinyl, because I hate changing my belt from 33 to 45.  And like someone said, its usually 3 minutes you have to sit there.  I wish i had a jukebox for those.  That would be cool. 
    A PEARL JAM JUKEBOX. YES YES YES
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Vedd Hedd said:

I actually have a jukebox full of PJ.  Singles purchased throughout the years and Xmas singles that run @45rpm. I've even had big holes punched into the ones who only had a small hole. 
    Pretty cool to have some PJ playing in the juke!
  • Options
    my_wavemy_wave clearwater, FL Posts: 337
    Vedd Hedd said:

I actually have a jukebox full of PJ.  Singles purchased throughout the years and Xmas singles that run @45rpm. I've even had big holes punched into the ones who only had a small hole. 
    that's badass! would love to see a pic of that! always wanted to have a jukebox!
    st. pete '94
    west palm beach '98
    tampa '00
    tampa '03
    tampa '08
    brooklyn '13
    austin '14
    austin '14
    tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
    ed - clearwater '12
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,767
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    To answer the question above, if we don't get these by EOY, I wouldn't be surprised if someone started a class action suit. Not me, as that sounds like WAY too much work, but I'm sure there are many that would.

And to touch on the personal feel of said singles: Them recently releasing them all for profit, the exact opposite of their original intention, further solidifies that they are a business first and band second.
    I also remember when people bought their records vs streaming single songs or out right robbing them.

So...yeah, they are trying to making a living off their music, no shit.
    I don't think you get what I'm saying. The fan club singles were always for the fan club only, not to be sold, not to hit radio, not to make a profit on, etc. They were strictly for the fan club. This has all changed, and has nothing to do with their commercial releases. 

You mentioning people buying their records does not apply since these were never for sale commercially in the first place. But I guess 'no shit' is a good enough response, and all that can be expected from most people here, rather than an insightful discussion.
    so we really rolling back to the fact that a fanclub member played Last Kiss either on the radio or for someone with radio ties, it became a hit, the band sold that one side of the single to make a boatload of money for refugees in Kosovo and that is a problem how?  Or that they decided at this stage to put the singles on streaming services, is that a foul somehow, how cares, I already have the vinyl and they send a digital download for them all in the last ten years, and people rip them and share them illegally all over the interwebs as is.

They stopped becoming strictly for the club the moment one person pressed upload and ten thousand pressed download.
    so if i break into an exclusive golf country club, they won't kick me out because now i can claim it's no longer exclusive and i have a right to be there?

wicked! 
    That is a great analogy.

If you are being completely obtuse. 
    haha, you say it's no longer a club exclusive because people started stealing the files, and I'm being obtuse. LOL
    If you think the entire planet is going to simultaneously try to occupy country clubs they do not belong have at the logic hoss.

It is a bonkers analogy.

What I am saying is that complaining about the singles being on streaming services is utterly ridiculous.  It is akin to complaining  about the radio playing music.  
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options

I don't recall, as that was so long ago. I think I was hanging out on RM back then. There were 4, but Last Kiss had previously been released and Drifting was re-recorded, so really only 2, and I think all the other tracks outweighed any outrage that there may have been. That's a bit different than releasing just the singles at 99 cents apiece though, but I also get what you're saying.
  • Options
    brianjonesbrianjones Posts: 235
    edited February 2020
    my_wave said:
    Vedd Hedd said:

that's badass! would love to see a pic of that! always wanted to have a jukebox!

Here's a few quick snaps
    Post edited by brianjones on
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    rgambs said:

So what were the replacement posters? Did you get 2 baby brains?
    One Baby Brain and a Thomas Chicago variant....
  • Options
    Singles are exhausting...put them on the turntable, put the needle down, sit down...realize that you forgot to change it from 33 1/3 rpm to 45...get up, adjust the speed...listen to (at the most) four minutes of music...flip the single to listen to the b side....hear nothing but scratching because it is the etched side of DotC...go back to your phone and listen to it on Apple music....
    It is fun to look at the covers though....
    Yeah I don't think I've actually played any of the vinyls since like 2004. They're nice collectables though. Cool artwork most of the time. That said, I like a lot of the songs and listen to them on MP3 just like I would any other PJ songs. In fact, here, everyone have a download from your favorite PJ bootleg site!

http://wegotshit.blogspot.com/2015/10/complete-holiday-singles-collection.html

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
This discussion has been closed.