Options

Hey how about those 2 missing Ten Club singles!

Comments

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

Regarding pressing delays, we have one going on with The National fanclub vinyl, too..
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    rw160510rw160510 Posts: 919
    deadendp said:

Regarding pressing delays, we have one going on with The National fanclub vinyl, too..
    Yeah but they aren't 3 years late, just a month or so and they have actually communicated what is going on.
  • Options
    JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    Back in the day, some might have said that a lawsuit against Ticketmaster is overreacting and/or pointless, which it turned out to be. The point is that Pearl Jam stood up for what they believed in and tried to make the rich and powerful accountable for their actions. I know these are 2 completely different situations but in the end, the rich and powerful need to be held accountable. Why wouldn't they just address this head on instead of playing these games? We will probably never know.
  • Options
    The Better Business Bureau won't touch the complaint because it's over 12 months old.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    rw160510 said:
    deadendp said:

Yeah but they aren't 3 years late, just a month or so and they have actually communicated what is going on.
    Yeah, but my point is that it isn't just PJ dealing with delays. :weary:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    The Better Business Bureau won't touch the complaint because it's over 12 months old.
    Huh. Who do we complain to about them?
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    I guess that will be my follow up question to Eddie and Stone.
  • Options
    Well, what about the deep magazines. This complaint, is not 12months old?
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,545
    JB16057 said:

lol
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,042
    rw160510 said:
    deadendp said:

A month or so?
    we don’t have the 2017 single.
    I would give them all of 2017 and maybe a month or 2 after before I call it late.
    Its 2020. It’s 2 years late.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    rw160510 said:
    deadendp said:

A month or so?
    I would give them all of 2017 and maybe a month or 2 after before I call it late.
    Sorry I've just read my post back and see how ambiguous it was. What I meant was the national are only a month or so late at this point and it sounds like they have a plan in place. It is ridiculous that we are still waiting for the 17/18 10c singles in 2020. I've pretty much given up hop hope they  will ever materialise

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,912
    mace1229 said:
    rw160510 said:
    deadendp said:

A month or so?

In 2017 the labels and sleeves were all misprinted "2027".   If we'd all just be patient another 7 years we should see something happening.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    deadendp said:
    rw160510 said:
    deadendp said:

Yeah, but my point is that it isn't just PJ dealing with delays. :weary:
    Sorry I misunderstood your point. I totally agree with you.
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,353
    JB16057 said:
    on2legs said:
    Thank you.  It feels calmer in here already.
    Hope it's worth the risk.

If anything happens to me, JC16057, you can have my Christmas singles 2013-2018 (when I get them).
    That's not what this is about. They can deliver the singles in 10 years for all I care. I am only asking for communication. We deserve that at a bare minimum.
    So if the delay isn’t the issue, is your complaint only because of the lack of communication? Is there anything in the terms and conditions stating that 10C would commit to regular communication? Not trying to stir shit up, just genuinely curious
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,795
    This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine....
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    goldrush said:
    JB16057 said:
    on2legs said:

If anything happens to me, JC16057, you can have my Christmas singles 2013-2018 (when I get them).
    That's not what this is about. They can deliver the singles in 10 years for all I care. I am only asking for communication. We deserve that at a bare minimum.
    So if the delay isn’t the issue, is your complaint only because of the lack of communication? Is there anything in the terms and conditions stating that 10C would commit to regular communication? Not trying to stir shit up, just genuinely curious
    I understand that shit happens. We don't know what has been going on with Pearl Jam for the last few years. We know they've been through some rough stuff but everyone goes through stuff. We still have obligations that we need to take care of. To answer your second question, I don't think there are terms and conditions but legally I believe they are supposed to communicate what is going on after such a long delay and others believe this to be true as well. These guys are all millionaires that don't have day jobs because we the fans have supported them. I'm sorry but I don't feel bad for rich people. This is another example of the rich shitting on the poor in my eyes. It's bad enough that there has been such a long delay but the lack of communication is pathetic. It's almost like they just don't care.

The last response we got was not genuine. The only time Pearl Jam contacts the members is to sell us more stuff. Why can't they put a little note in each monthly email stating that they know they are behind and are actively working on it? They can announce Vault 9, MTV Unplugged, the new album and a new tour yet they aren't announcing anything regarding these items which we paid for years ago. Every year that goes by they are digging a bigger hole for themselves. How are they going to rectify that they owe us 3 DEEP Magazines? Some have already paid for the 4th DEEP Magazine in 2020.

My issues are more with how this has been handled than the actual delay. I couldn't treat my fans or my customers like this because I would be out of business if I did but I'm not rich and powerful.
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,176
    JB16057 said:
    goldrush said:
    JB16057 said:
    on2legs said:

I understand that shit happens. We don't know what has been going on with Pearl Jam for the last few years. We know they've been through some rough stuff but everyone goes through stuff. We still have obligations that we need to take care of. To answer your second question, I don't think there are terms and conditions but legally I believe they are supposed to communicate what is going on after such a long delay and others believe this to be true as well. These guys are all millionaires that don't have day jobs because we the fans have supported them. I'm sorry but I don't feel bad for rich people. This is another example of the rich shitting on the poor in my eyes. It's bad enough that there has been such a long delay but the lack of communication is pathetic. It's almost like they just don't care.

The last response we got was not genuine. The only time Pearl Jam contacts the members is to sell us more stuff. Why can't they put a little note in each monthly email stating that they know they are behind and are actively working on it? They can announce Vault 9, MTV Unplugged, the new album and a new tour yet they aren't announcing anything regarding these items which we paid for years ago. Every year that goes by they are digging a bigger hole for themselves. How are they going to rectify that they owe us 3 DEEP Magazines? Some have already paid for the 4th DEEP Magazine in 2020.

My issues are more with how this has been handled than the actual delay. I couldn't treat my fans or my customers like this because I would be out of business if I did but I'm not rich and powerful.
    What is your end game here?  10c stated in Sept newsletter they would ship when ready.  Do you just want them to keep saying that every month that passes?  
  • Options
    Since September they've announced hard dates for Vault 9, MTV Unplugged and a new album all on vinyl records. The only excuse we've gotten from the Ten Club on the current delay is "because of the nature of creating vinyl records, there is not an exact date we can provide to the customers."

Magically, they know exactly how long it takes to make a vinyl record when they are selling us new stuff. This tells me that they are not being honest with us.

My end game is to keep applying pressure. We wouldn't have ANY information if I hadn't put pressure on them back in August and September. This is obviously not a concern to them. It's just another example of rich people doing whatever they want because they have the power and can. Is better and honest communication really too much to ask? It's been 4 months since the last announcement.

I have no problem with people that don't care about the delay. Why do you and others make such a big deal about something I care about? There are plenty of other threads that you can comment on but you keep coming back here only to give me shit. I'm not trying to pressure you into feeling how I feel. By now you know what this thread is about. If you don't like it, stay away or how about you make your own thread about how you don't care about the delay?
  • Options
    moleculemolecule Posts: 611
    Just a thought. Maybe they decided to wait for the new album and use tracks that didn't make the cut for the last 10c singles. Announce and send out after the album releases.
    🤙
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,033
    molecule said:
    Just a thought. Maybe they decided to wait for the new album and use tracks that didn't make the cut for the last 10c singles. Announce and send out after the album releases.
    i had the exact thought. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    JB16057 said:
    goldrush said:
    JB16057 said:
    on2legs said:

What is your end game here?  10c stated in Sept newsletter they would ship when ready.  Do you just want them to keep saying that every month that passes?  
    I do, at least it acknowledges the situation and pretends that someone might actually give a f***.
  • Options
    The waiting is still driving me mad on this these...
    07-02-98, 10-11-00, 04-22-03, 04-23-03, 06-09-03, 06-10-03, 06-18-03, 06-21-03, 06-22-03, 10-02-04, 10-03-04, 10-05-04, 05-16-06, 05-17-06, 05-22-06, 06-24-06, 06-29-06
  • Options
    erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    molecule said:
    This is also my guess - or there could even be an elaborate Holiday Singles package featuring all of them? Wishful thinking there most likely, lol.  It's cool that there's some of the older ones on iTunes now. 
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,026
    Would people accept a 3/4LP set of all the singles compiled instead of 2 new singles (well, I guess Can't Deny Me would be on there too)?

• Options
    JedJed New York City Posts: 1,164
    At some point we should just give up on these last two singles. Maybe in 2030?
  • Options
    JB16057 said:

My end game is to keep applying pressure. We wouldn't have ANY information if I hadn't put pressure on them back in August and September. This is obviously not a concern to them. It's just another example of rich people doing whatever they want because they have the power and can. Is better and honest communication really too much to ask? It's been 4 months since the last announcement.

You aren't the only one who contacted them. I got the same canned response from Tim that you did. Just a template copy/paste. 

• Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Joostone said:
    If pressing the vinyl was the problem Im ok to wait till forever. But I would have appreciated it if they shared the songs digitally for their members.

I agree that there is a terrible lack of communication from their side, they only communicate to us when they have something to sell.

But IMHO making a case or lawsuit is really overreacting, even if they are wrong here (which they are). They will deliver eventually, they will make excuses and Ill accept and move on. And hopefully we can expect original material for these singles, I would be really dissapointed if they are giving us some live recordings....
    I used to believe that, but I now believe that if threads like this didn't exist, and JB didn't push it with the AG, we might never see them. The problem with this band's communication is exactly what JB pointed out. Lots of vagaries and little actual information. Bierman's quote was obvious bullshit meant to placate the AG and it provided no useful info. The singles appear to be as forthcoming as the album with CDM on it.

I'm losing zero sleep over the singles, not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things, but I do think 10c and the band need to feel some heat for their indifference to their loyal (and paying) fans and their inability or unwillingness to meet their obligations.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    Maybe signs at the shows will actually draw some attention. 
  • Options
    I'm confident that the two singles will come this year -- everyone's busy with an album rollout and tour. There are going to be leftover tracks and there's still "Can't Deny Me" so I can imagine we'll get these singles released later this year after the first leg of the tour is complete and the album is out in the wild. I don't think any additional pressure is going to matter -- 10C has been dilligent with newsletter updates, Vault releases, etc. etc. Who honestly thinks they are ignoring this thread and all the others? Why would they do that to spite the fans on a commitment they've already started explicitly on this site?
  • Options
    rictus58 said:
    Maybe signs at the shows will actually draw some attention. 
    Oh, no. What did you DO?!?!?
This discussion has been closed.