Options

Hey how about those 2 missing Ten Club singles!

Comments

• Options
    Not sure if this is karma or not but I went and got 2 beef and cheddars with curly fries and there was a 3rd in the bag. I guess all of this evens out in the end.
    go vegan
    I am. Arby's isn't real meat.
  • Options
    Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,012
    I can’t believe the attorney general is being discussed when we’re talking about a couple 7” singles. It’s such a minor thing but collectively 10c is holding millions of dollars worth of goods that were paid for and like many have said before, a little communication and transparency goes a long way. It would almost be easier to just offer refunds for whatever they determine the value of a deep mag and 7” inch to be and call it a day. Those who want to wait can wait, those who want the money back can get it back and move on. 
  • Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,728
    edited January 2020
    now I just wish they would ship my vault record that I made $65 for and has had a label created since 12/18 but hasn’t moved since. Something odd about charging this much money for something but can’t ship it out. Is this a legitimate complaint?
    Post edited by THEBIBLEISTEN on
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,496
    edited January 2020
    Which Newsletters have brought up the single? year/month?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Which Newsletters have brought up the single? year/month?
    That's going to take a minute. Hang on. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    edited January 2020

September 2019. Mentioned at the top of the newsletter and in a separate post. 

End of 2018 update.

January 2018

November 2017

July 2017

May 2017

Post edited by deadendp on
  • Options
    Too bad it wasn’t COD for these records.
  • Options
    desolatejoydesolatejoy London Posts: 273
    mace1229 said:
    I also think a large part of the problem is most of us can't figure out what the delay is. We know they have unreleased recordings and lots of live stiff that can be thrown in. I can't think of a single reason these aren't done. They have claimed pressing times is an issue, but that never seems to be an issue for stuff they charge us for, like RSD and vaults, so that's really a BS excuse. It just comes back to why won;t they simply do it and why won't they communicate it with us? It is a little insulting every time they try to sell us new vinyl and say they are backordered on the ones we already paid for.
    They sold Unplugged for the price of what they sell 2 singles. That would have been an amazing solution to where everyone would have said this was definitely worth the wait and felt respected. Instead, we get nothing and are asked to pay for more vinyl when these are still missing.

At the end of the day HFD is pretty right, I don't think about it until I see this thread. It isn't a big deal, but it is a little frustrating and does feel like we've been taken advantage of. I'm still going to pre-order the new album (already did) and go to shows though, that's why I'm really here.
    Absolutely! If pressing the vinyl was the only issue how comes they haven’t chosen the songs to go on said vinyl & issued them digitally already to tide fans over? 
    Surely that would’ve help placate some of the ill feeling & helped make this seem less like a snub by the club 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Wembley Arena, London - 28/10/96
    Wembley Arena, London - 30/05/00 
    Wembley Arena, London - 18/06/07
    02 Arena, London - 18/08/09
    Hammersmith Apollo, London - 30/07/12 EV Solo
    Bowl, Milton Keynes - 11/07/2014
    Hammersmith Apollo, London - 06/06/17 EV Solo
    O2 Arena, London - 18/06/18
    O2 Arena, London - 17/07/18

It's an art to live with pain, mix the light into grey...
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,777
    Here's my thought:

It takes about 4-6 months to press vinyl, right? So I've heard, at least. The singles were announced as "in production" back in September.

Any day between now and March is when we'll hear something...my guess.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,777
    mace1229 said:
    I also think a large part of the problem is most of us can't figure out what the delay is. We know they have unreleased recordings and lots of live stiff that can be thrown in. I can't think of a single reason these aren't done. They have claimed pressing times is an issue, but that never seems to be an issue for stuff they charge us for, like RSD and vaults, so that's really a BS excuse. It just comes back to why won;t they simply do it and why won't they communicate it with us? It is a little insulting every time they try to sell us new vinyl and say they are backordered on the ones we already paid for.
    They sold Unplugged for the price of what they sell 2 singles. That would have been an amazing solution to where everyone would have said this was definitely worth the wait and felt respected. Instead, we get nothing and are asked to pay for more vinyl when these are still missing.

At the end of the day HFD is pretty right, I don't think about it until I see this thread. It isn't a big deal, but it is a little frustrating and does feel like we've been taken advantage of. I'm still going to pre-order the new album (already did) and go to shows though, that's why I'm really here.
    Absolutely! If pressing the vinyl was the only issue how comes they haven’t chosen the songs to go on said vinyl & issued them digitally already to tide fans over? 
    Surely that would’ve help placate some of the ill feeling & helped make this seem less like a snub by the club 🤷🏻‍♂️

Analog members paid more for vinyl records...they should get their benefits first, no?
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    desolatejoydesolatejoy London Posts: 273
    mace1229 said:

Analog members paid more for vinyl records...they should get their benefits first, no?
    I don’t see why that should necessarily be the case, especially when digital media is pretty much instantaneous. However, I understand the point you’re trying to make & would agree under normal circumstances (i.e. the 7” vinyl being delivered in a timely manner), but we are talking years of waiting with very little effort seemingly being put in to rectify it. 
    Of course hindsight is 20/20, it just seems that if these holiday singles existed in one form, digitally, it might have given the production delay reason more validity with members & some breathing space to 10Club. 

Still we are where we are. Even though I’m a digital member of 10Club I wholeheartedly empathise with the analogue membership & their frustration at not receiving these goods. And more over the customer service around it being handled so poorly. 

Wembley Arena, London - 28/10/96
    Wembley Arena, London - 30/05/00 
    Wembley Arena, London - 18/06/07
    02 Arena, London - 18/08/09
    Hammersmith Apollo, London - 30/07/12 EV Solo
    Bowl, Milton Keynes - 11/07/2014
    Hammersmith Apollo, London - 06/06/17 EV Solo
    O2 Arena, London - 18/06/18
    O2 Arena, London - 17/07/18

It's an art to live with pain, mix the light into grey...
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,415
    Spin spin
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    Too bad it wasn’t COD for these records.
    If they were COD they'd do one for every season.
    9/20/05 - Quebec City
    9/22/05 - Halifax
    6/19/08 - Camden 
    6/28/08 - Mansfield 
    9/07/11 - Montreal
    5/05/16 - Quebec City
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    deadendp said:

September 2019. Mentioned at the top of the newsletter and in a separate post. 

End of 2018 update.

January 2018

This probably should have been the point that they owned up to the date typo. 
  • Options
    ^^ Agreed. 
  • Options
    blindmuleblindmule Albany, NY Posts: 138
    No record, shut out of the lottery again... why do I keep paying for this membership for 20 years?
  • Options
    disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    @blindmule Because you don't want to give up your member number? Only a guess, as that's why I've been paying for over 20 years.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,996
    "If I said it once I said it a million times...never trust a band from Seattle when they used words like finalized or forthcoming."

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Jason7192Jason7192 Southern Indiana Posts: 312
    At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if we got Olé and Can't Deny Me for the singles. It would be better than nothing, but there are going to be people bitching whichever way this goes.

• Options
    When Can't Deny Me came out digitally, I swear they said it would be one of the singles. And that's okay, as long as the B side is the dance club remix.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,093
    When Can't Deny Me came out digitally, I swear they said it would be one of the singles. And that's okay, as long as the B side is the dance club remix.
    they did. they also said it was the first single from the next album. then they changed it. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,863
    Jason7192 said:
    At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if we got Olé and Can't Deny Me for the singles. It would be better than nothing, but there are going to be people bitching whichever way this goes.

I would be delighted to get a 7-inch with these two songs on it.  I wish all the fan-club singles were Pearl Jam originals unavailable elsewhere (i.e., physically).
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    This could all be fixed by releasing a Lost Dogs 2 and giving TC members the vinyl editions at no charge.
  • Options
    Lost dogs 2? Let's go for broke. Everyone gets a Benny. 
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    edited January 2020
    jimnelsen said:
    Lost dogs 2? Let's go for broke. Everyone gets a Benny. 
    eh..the Benny is really just for hardcore junkies.  Moderate users like me, might appreciate LD2 more.
  • Options
    Fair enough
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,156
    You know they coulda sent us the single from the album...instead of making people buy it while still waiting.  Seems like a missed opportunity. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    EnzedEnzed NZ Posts: 484
    Holy wheez... A new album is coming and someone goes to the GA re. the christmas singles? Relax. Take a sendative. The singles will come. They always delivered.  
    This is the fucking point.  They haven't come.  They haven't delivered.

They've on multiple occasions said they're being readied.  Which so far has proven to be a load of shit.  So why blindly believe that they're working on them?
    Auckland 1 1995
    Auckland 1998
    EV (Neil Finn and Friends, April 2, 2001)
    Auckland 2009
    Auckland 2014
  • Options
    I want dance club remix of CDM, as well as Ed reading mean tweets and Matt farting on a snare drum. And Popeye's. Ate there a couple weeks ago first time ever, and a damn fine chicken sandwich. I don't normally eat fast food, but damn it was good!
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,496
    edited January 2020
    You know they coulda sent us the single from the album...instead of making people buy it while still waiting.  Seems like a missed opportunity. 
    The only reason they made that one-sided single was a cynical way to make a "bundle" to create a "want" and extra cash in on fans. 

That single is green disease. Nothing else. No other reason for it existing. 

And they would lose the FOMO-cashing in if they "gave it" away.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
This discussion has been closed.