Options

Hey how about those 2 missing Ten Club singles!

Comments

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,567
    vaggar99 said:
    25 years ago PJ was taking on a corporate giant Ticketmaster.  Members testified in front of Congress.  Now, the band can't even face its on fan club with dignity.  makes me wonder if we have all just been duped for the last 25+ years.
    They delegate the fan club, as they should. If you can't separate and respect the band and the people that run the fan club, you're an outlandishly unreasonable person. They can face us all just fine.
    I understand it is easy to have a bit of fan-tunnel vision but this is BS. 

And the band has personally adressed former fuckups - so your take doeant hold much water. 
    Listen, I know the nights are really long in Sweden right now but you'll get through this.

lol
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    vaggar99 said:
    25 years ago PJ was taking on a corporate giant Ticketmaster.  Members testified in front of Congress.  Now, the band can't even face its on fan club with dignity.  makes me wonder if we have all just been duped for the last 25+ years.
    They delegate the fan club, as they should. If you can't separate and respect the band and the people that run the fan club, you're an outlandishly unreasonable person. They can face us all just fine.
    then why are they not?
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,184
    vaggar99 said:
    Nope. It’s been addressed by 10c. “The remaining singles are coming” eventually. That may not be the answer we want but they have said that. I’m not worried about it and I definitely don’t feel I’ve been “duped”. 
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:
    vaggar99 said:
    then why are they not?
    I'm guessing they're a little busy at the moment.
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    vaggar99 said:
    vaggar99 said:
    then why are they not?
    busy preparing the next Vault release?
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,410
    vaggar99 said:
    vaggar99 said:
    vaggar99 said:
    then why are they not?
    busy preparing the next Vault release?
    God willing
  • Options
    Just send out, the singles. we all need to move on. 
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,364
    I'm going to miss this thread when the singles are eventually shipped out...
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,532
    goldrush said:
    I'm going to miss this thread when the singles are eventually shipped out...
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/40/Singles_Soundtrack.jpg
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,093
    Zod said:
    TM307021 said:
    Why can't 10C just print a ton of Dance Clairvoyants 7" and then take that and their assortment of 7" past singles and call it a day for the 2 that are overdue?  Mystery box style..
    that would kinda suck. as much as the xmas singles haven't been the best assortment of original material, I still would like to have an actual complete set of actual fan club singles, not just "here's what's left in the warehouse" to close this out. 

unless they have a bunch of Eddie Vedder No More 7" records. then I'll take that. LOL
    Do you really need one of those?  I think I have a spare.  I got one in my Into the Wild, but I think I got a 2nd one during the mystery vinyl sale a few years back.  No idea of it's value though.   Hard to find those outside of the Into to the Wild OP.
    i would love one. @zod
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    No kidding... One is supposed to be Can't Deny Me... at least it will still be a single for us and not just something from the new album that came out AFTER we were supposed to get it as a single. Any day now... 
    Also, it's been just as long since the last DEEP which used to be 2 times a year, then it was once a year or whenever, now it's every 3 years or whenever... 
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    The Ten Club has decided to not respond to Attorney General's office. They told me the only thing I can do is speak to a lawyer. I am very interested in knowing if they have broken any consumer laws. I can't imagine that a business can take money for something that is supposed to be annual and not only refuse to deliver but refuse to give a timeline as to when to expect anything.

I have filed a complaint with the BBB(Better Business Bureau).

I'm not asking for the singles or DEEP magazines to be delivered to me right now. All I want is some respect and communication. This has gotten out of hand and it's pathetic that the Ten Club treats their members like this. The way they've treated us is wrong. All it would take is a little communication. For many this is not an issue but I think it's troubling that the Ten Club hasn't released an official statement on the current tour ticketing issues either.
  • Options
    disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    JB, they have broken laws. See my post a few pages back referencing the FTC. But I don't want to lose my 1997 number over some wax that will someday come. I speak with my wallet by not buying anything from their store. They have done two others things to me FAR worse than this. Any other business I would have filed a charge-back for each one. Now I go the never again route.
  • Options
    I hate seeing rich people shit on the poor. I understand there are many situations that are far worse than this one. We just want some respect and communication. The Ten Club does not seem to care. If they had valid information, I would think they want to share it. If they are breaking a law, you'd think they would want to correct it as fast as possible. The Ten Club needs to be held accountable.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,093
    JB16057 said:
    I hate seeing rich people shit on the poor. I understand there are many situations that are far worse than this one. We just want some respect and communication. The Ten Club does not seem to care. If they had valid information, I would think they want to share it. If they are breaking a law, you'd think they would want to correct it as fast as possible. The Ten Club needs to be held accountable.
    i'm curious as to why you think this is the club's fault? I mean, they are at the mercy of the band, are they not? if they are told by the band either nothing or don't say anything until x, their hands are effectively tied. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

JB16057 said:

We need some puppy photos in this thread ASAP!

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    JB16057 said:
    i'm curious as to why you think this is the club's fault? I mean, they are at the mercy of the band, are they not? if they are told by the band either nothing or don't say anything until x, their hands are effectively tied. 
    At the end of the day, our annual membership dues go to the Ten Club. They may be at the mercy of the band but if the band isn't doing what they are supposed to in a timely, legal manner, the Ten Club has an obligation to communicate with their members either way. I do blame both parties as they are both at fault here. We have no way to communicate with members of Pearl Jam. We do not know if the Ten Club has communicated this issue with the band. The Ten Club blames the band members so I would hope the Ten Club have an open line of communication but we don't know.
  • Options
    on2legs said:

JB16057 said:

We need some puppy photos in this thread ASAP!

I won't besmirch this thread with a puppy or kitten picture. Too srsbsns.

Someone will stab me.
  • Options
    Ah, fuck it.

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,996
    Ah, fuck it.

...with my mind on my money and my money on my mind...

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Thank you.  It feels calmer in here already.

• Options
    on2legs said:
    Hope it's worth the risk.

If anything happens to me, JC16057, you can have my Christmas singles 2013-2018 (when I get them).
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 4,025
    Joostone said:
    Maybe they recorded some Cornell related stuff as a tribute. Maybe they already pressed the singles with a recording of 'Missing'. They have played that one live. And maybe Vicky stepped in preventing that to happen.....Who knows.... ???

But yeah, it's more likely they just didn't record any stuff for these singles. But I would be happy with unreleased vault stuff from the past...
    I was thinking the same thing recently. Maybe a Cornell related single but lawyers have stepped in. Probably wrong but a reason for the delay nontheless. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    on2legs said:

If anything happens to me, JC16057, you can have my Christmas singles 2013-2018 (when I get them).
    That's not what this is about. They can deliver the singles in 10 years for all I care. I am only asking for communication. We deserve that at a bare minimum.
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    on2legs said:

That's not what this is about. They can deliver the singles in 10 years for all I care. I am only asking for communication. We deserve that at a bare minimum.
    So, you don't want them (when I get them)?
  • Options
    No, although I do appreciate the thought. You can go ahead and keep them but if you run into Eddie or Stone in the meantime, can you tell them that I would like to have a word with them?
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    JB16057 said:
    on2legs said:

If communication is all you are looking for, the most recent communication is Sept 2019. (See my post addressing the question of when mentioned.) 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    No, although I do appreciate the thought. You can go ahead and keep them but if you run into Eddie or Stone in the meantime, can you tell them that I would like to have a word with them?
    Will do.
  • Options
    Yes. The only reason we had communication in September is because I filed a complaint with the Washington State Attorney General's office. The Ten Club responded to the AG's office the day before they sent the email to all members stating that the singles were in production. This was 4 months ago. In Tim Bierman's response to the AG, he said, "We are in the process of producing these items and they will be delivered in due time. But because of the nature of creating vinyl records, there is not an exact date we can provide to the customers."

Ok, that could be true EXCEPT since that announcement in September they've announced and delivered the sale of Vault 9. They've also announced and sold MTV Unplugged. On top of that, they've announced a new album that will be released on March 27. How can they announce these vinyl records that have hard delivery dates yet they can't give us a date regarding items we paid for 3 years ago?
  • Options
    JoostoneJoostone Posts: 231
    If pressing the vinyl was the problem Im ok to wait till forever. But I would have appreciated it if they shared the songs digitally for their members.

I agree that there is a terrible lack of communication from their side, they only communicate to us when they have something to sell.

But IMHO making a case or lawsuit is really overreacting, even if they are wrong here (which they are). They will deliver eventually, they will make excuses and Ill accept and move on. And hopefully we can expect original material for these singles, I would be really dissapointed if they are giving us some live recordings....
    PJ: Pinkpop 2000, Sydney I/II/III 2003, Adelaide 2003, Arnhem 2006, Antwerp 2006, Berlin 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Nijmegen 2007, Werchter 2007, Rotterdam 2009, Berlin 2009, Nijmegen 2010, Amsterdam I/II 2012, Amsterdam I/II 2014, Amsterdam I/II 2018, Pinkpop 2018, Werchter 2018, Pinkpop 2022, Budapest 2022, Krakow 2022, Amsterdam 2022.
    EV: Amsterdam II 2012, Amsterdam I/III 2017, Amsterdam I 2019
    Brad: Zoetermeer & Utrecht 2013
    Soundgarden: Pinkpop 2012, Amsterdam 2013, Utrecht 2014
This discussion has been closed.