Options

Hey how about those 2 missing Ten Club singles!

Comments

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,567
    You know they coulda sent us the single from the album...instead of making people buy it while still waiting.  Seems like a missed opportunity. 
    The only reason they made that one-sided single was a cynical way to make a "bundle" to create a "want" and extra cash in on fans. 

That single is green disease. Nothing else. No other reason for it existing. 

And they would lose the FOMO-cashing in if they "gave it" away.
    Well... not everyone works for free like you do. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,410
    You know they coulda sent us the single from the album...instead of making people buy it while still waiting.  Seems like a missed opportunity. 
    The only reason they made that one-sided single was a cynical way to make a "bundle" to create a "want" and extra cash in on fans. 

At least it's black tho
  • Options
    on2legs said:

pjl44 said:

At least it's black tho

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    on2legs said:

pjl44 said:

At least it's black tho

You do have a point at the root, in that $10 for a one-sided single is pretty wild. Where we split is I can't imagine caring whether they sell it or if people buy it.
  • Options
    on2legs said:

pjl44 said:

At least it's black tho

Nah... I just don’t begrudge the band for offering it for sale. People like vinyl and they made it available. No one is forcing anyone to buy it.  Not everything is a giant conspiracy. 

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

pjl44 said:

At least it's black tho

Nah... I just don’t begrudge the band for offering it for sale. People like vinyl and they made it available. No one is forcing anyone to buy it.  Not everything is a giant conspiracy. 

Not saying it is a "conspiracy" - I'm just saying how it is.
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    on2legs said:

pjl44 said:

At least it's black tho

You do have a point at the root, in that $10 for a one-sided single is pretty wild. Where we split is I can't imagine caring whether they sell it or if people buy it.
    You do have a point at the root, in that $500 for a front row seat is pretty wild. Where we split is I can't imagine caring whether they sell it or if people buy it.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,093
    I really don't get the point in selling the single on vinyl if it's coming at the same time as the full record, and with no extra non-album track. I could see it if it had been sold prior to, like the singles of old were (cd and cassette and vinyl). I guess it's really nothing more than a collectible. I can't see why anyone would spin this when they have the full record at their disposal. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,496
    edited January 2020
    I really don't get the point in selling the single on vinyl if it's coming at the same time as the full record, and with no extra non-album track. I could see it if it had been sold prior to, like the singles of old were (cd and cassette and vinyl). I guess it's really nothing more than a collectible. I can't see why anyone would spin this when they have the full record at their disposal. 
    IT IS A SINGLE EDIT THOUGH!

IT 

IS

SHORTER
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    on2legs said:

pjl44 said:

At least it's black tho

You do have a point at the root, in that $500 for a front row seat is pretty wild. Where we split is I can't imagine caring whether they sell it or if people buy it.
    If they chose to do that, they'd certainly be within their rights
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    on2legs said:

pjl44 said:

At least it's black tho

If they chose to do that, they'd certainly be within their rights
    ...Ok...
  • Options
    pulling69pulling69 KIAD Posts: 982
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

pjl44 said:

At least it's black tho

Not saying it is a "conspiracy" - I'm just saying how it is.

"Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    edited January 2020
    Of course Ive bought the DotC single but it is a bit pointless, merely a collectable and Ive gone this far with the collection so I may as well add another record.
    Post edited by FR181798 on
  • Options
    TM307021TM307021 Raleigh, NC Posts: 42
    Why can't 10C just print a ton of Dance Clairvoyants 7" and then take that and their assortment of 7" past singles and call it a day for the 2 that are overdue?  Mystery box style..

Raleigh - 2003

MSG NYC 1&2 - 2016

Fenway 2 - 2016

Seattle 2 - 2018

Missoula - 2018

• Options
    TM307021 said:
    Why can't 10C just print a ton of Dance Clairvoyants 7" and then take that and their assortment of 7" past singles and call it a day for the 2 that are overdue?  Mystery box style..
    that would kinda suck. as much as the xmas singles haven't been the best assortment of original material, I still would like to have an actual complete set of actual fan club singles, not just "here's what's left in the warehouse" to close this out. 

unless they have a bunch of Eddie Vedder No More 7" records. then I'll take that. LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    although, might have been kinda cool to just repress the first two and send those out. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    TM307021TM307021 Raleigh, NC Posts: 42
    TM307021 said:
    that would kinda suck. as much as the xmas singles haven't been the best assortment of original material, I still would like to have an actual complete set of actual fan club singles, not just "here's what's left in the warehouse" to close this out. 

unless they have a bunch of Eddie Vedder No More 7" records. then I'll take that. LOL
    yeah but what if they were throwing in a bunch of signed vinyls, maybe some 12"s to folks, a couple of Lost Dogs?

Raleigh - 2003

MSG NYC 1&2 - 2016

Fenway 2 - 2016

Seattle 2 - 2018

Missoula - 2018

• Options
    TM307021 said:
    TM307021 said:

yeah but what if they were throwing in a bunch of signed vinyls, maybe some 12"s to folks, a couple of Lost Dogs?
    I honestly just want the xmas singles and for it to be done with. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    This discussion must go on. I feel its part of my life now, like brushing my teeth. I must check this thread at least twice a day.
  • Options
    EnzedEnzed NZ Posts: 484
    One day this thread may be redundant.

That day isn't today.
    Auckland 1 1995
    Auckland 1998
    EV (Neil Finn and Friends, April 2, 2001)
    Auckland 2009
    Auckland 2014
  • Options
    Did anyone in here know that Pearl Jam is releasing new music tonight!!!!

• Options
    on2legs said:

The production of that vinyl doesn't seem to have been backed up at the pressing plant either. 
  • Options
    on2legs said:

The production of that vinyl doesn't seem to have been backed up at the pressing plant either. 

Image result for glass half full

• Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,863
    on2legs said:

People can hold two separate and arguably conflicting thoughts at the same time:

1) I am excited to hear the new Pearl Jam song being released tonight.

2) I am also aggravated by Pearl Jam's ongoing failure to deliver the items they promised me and that I paid for.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    25 years ago PJ was taking on a corporate giant Ticketmaster.  Members testified in front of Congress.  Now, the band can't even face its on fan club with dignity.  makes me wonder if we have all just been duped for the last 25+ years.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,396
    TM307021 said:

Do you really need one of those?  I think I have a spare.  I got one in my Into the Wild, but I think I got a 2nd one during the mystery vinyl sale a few years back.  No idea of it's value though.   Hard to find those outside of the Into to the Wild OP.
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:
    25 years ago PJ was taking on a corporate giant Ticketmaster.  Members testified in front of Congress.  Now, the band can't even face its on fan club with dignity.  makes me wonder if we have all just been duped for the last 25+ years.
    I've had a shitload of fun, so that's a hard no
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:
    They delegate the fan club, as they should. If you can't separate and respect the band and the people that run the fan club, you're an outlandishly unreasonable person. They can face us all just fine.
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:
    They delegate the fan club, as they should. If you can't separate and respect the band and the people that run the fan club, you're an outlandishly unreasonable person. They can face us all just fine.
    I understand it is easy to have a bit of fan-tunnel vision but this is BS. 

And the band has personally adressed former fuckups - so your take doeant hold much water. 
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:
    I understand it is easy to have a bit of fan-tunnel vision but this is BS. 

And the band has personally adressed former fuckups - so your take doeant hold much water. 
    Listen, I know the nights are really long in Sweden right now but you'll get through this.
This discussion has been closed.