Hey how about those 2 missing Ten Club singles!

Comments

• pulling69pulling69 Posts: 983
    brianlux said:
    JB16057 said:
    Pearl Jam are activists for what they believe is wrong and right and we should be too. This is wrong what they've done and they've yet to make it right.

All they have to do is apologize and give us a timeline and then everything is good in my eyes unless they don't deliver when they said they would but I would give them the benefit of the doubt until that timeline passes.

They obviously believe that they should give us a timeline when to expect the new album and when they'll tour. Those things take months(sometimes years) to plan. I believe that if they had valuable information regarding the singles and DEEP that they would share it as they should.

Maybe the singles and DEEP are already planned. By now, they would have to know the frustration from us fans and the Ten Club and they should want to put a stop to it. I can't imagine that all 5 members of Pearl Jam simply forgot about the annual singles or DEEP. Regardless of how you feel about this conversation, this is not the way you should ever treat your biggest and most loyal fans.

I wonder if they even have a clue any of this is happening?  I doubt any of them follow the fan club forums. 
    Time to pass out flyers like back in the day to get them to play Breath at MSG...Except this time the paper says "Where are our 2 already paid for and years late 10C singles? We will either need big pieces of paper of a small font.

"Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,611
    I hope they don’t pay attention to us and how awful we are
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,444
    This bothers you an awful lot 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    jeffbr said:
    PB11041 said:
    jeffbr said:
    mace1229 said:
    And I actually do think the possibility is pretty good that if threads like this didn't exist and no one said anything, that we'd never see the singles. At the very least let that last one count for 2017 and let 2016 just be a gap year.
    Absolutely right. Threads like this have purpose and value. The reality is that the missing singles aren't a big deal in the grand scheme of things. The other reality is that this band has demonstrated an utter lack of care and concern when it comes to their fan base. They give no shits about their obligations to us. We're asking them to fulfill those obligations and give 2 shits in the form of the missing singles. That's it. Nobody needs to be suing anyone. And nobody needs to defend the indefensible. The "sycophants" are no better than the "complainers" in this thread. 
    Related image
    If the sycophant shoe fits, wear it with pride!
    Related image
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,928

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522
    LOL. I think the club probably keeps them abreast of things that might be pressing. Or not pressing, as it were. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    PB11041 said:
    jeffbr said:
    PB11041 said:
    jeffbr said:
    mace1229 said:
    And I actually do think the possibility is pretty good that if threads like this didn't exist and no one said anything, that we'd never see the singles. At the very least let that last one count for 2017 and let 2016 just be a gap year.
    Absolutely right. Threads like this have purpose and value. The reality is that the missing singles aren't a big deal in the grand scheme of things. The other reality is that this band has demonstrated an utter lack of care and concern when it comes to their fan base. They give no shits about their obligations to us. We're asking them to fulfill those obligations and give 2 shits in the form of the missing singles. That's it. Nobody needs to be suing anyone. And nobody needs to defend the indefensible. The "sycophants" are no better than the "complainers" in this thread. 
    Related image
    Related image
    a person who acts obsequiously toward someone important in order to gain advantage.

In other words, brown nosers who seem to think that they're doing 10c a service by coming to their defense at every turn, and probably believing that Santos will become their best friend, or the band will want to hang out and have coffee. Of course I know what the word means. i'm sorry you don't understand context. Why some of you can't allow people with legitimate frustrations to vent them without having to chime in is beyond me, but if you think your brown nosing of the club gets you brownie points, carry on.

"I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    jeffbr said:
    PB11041 said:
    jeffbr said:
    PB11041 said:
    jeffbr said:
    mace1229 said:
    Related image
    Related image
    a person who acts obsequiously toward someone important in order to gain advantage.

In other words, brown nosers who seem to think that they're doing 10c a service by coming to their defense at every turn, and probably believing that Santos will become their best friend, or the band will want to hang out and have coffee. Of course I know what the word means. i'm sorry you don't understand context. Why some of you can't allow people with legitimate frustrations to vent them without having to chime in is beyond me, but if you think your brown nosing of the club gets you brownie points, carry on.

no but
    Image result for fascinating gif

• JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    I doubt the singles or DEEP are going to be ready any time soon. The Ten Club is going to have to be very careful how they approach this because they have opened themselves up for lawsuits whether you agree with that or not. Good luck to them trying to sort out what needs to be sent and to whom.

They will have to give everyone a heads up well ahead of time to make sure their shipping information is correct. Then they'll have to go back and sort out what years of what need to be sent out. Some people have dropped their memberships or have changed from Analog to Digital. This could easily become a bigger mess than it currently is. The Ten Club have enough shipment and fulfillment issues without all of these factors.

Once again, communication would fix 99% of all this. They have until early next week to reply back to the Attorney General's office regarding the second complaint because in their words, " the promised adjustment has not been made." In addition, the Attorney General's office says, "If we do not receive a response from the business we will contact you again with possible alternatives that may be available to you."

If the Attorney General's office believed that this kind of behavior was acceptable, they would've told me to scram. Instead they are trying to sort this out through the "informal complaint resolution process." In addition they've also said, "Your detailed consumer complaint may assist us in identifying possible unfair and deceptive business practices that may warrant further attention by our office."
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,243
    I probably shouldn’t have even opened this thread as I’ve had a few drinks...but WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?  Lawsuits?!?  WHAT???  Come on. Is the band and 10c wrong here in not delivering a purchased product?  Yes. Are PJ and 10c lacking in communication about it?  Sure. But seriously is it that big a deal to wait longer?  Come on. They will make it right in the end. I love vinyl and want what I paid for but I’m just not that worried about a couple of 7” records. Jesus. Relax everyone.  We have a new album and tour coming. Enjoy it. You never know when it’s gonna end. 

Image result for laughing gif

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,146
    Live look at JB on his renewal date

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522
    JB16057 said:
    I doubt the singles or DEEP are going to be ready any time soon. The Ten Club is going to have to be very careful how they approach this because they have opened themselves up for lawsuits whether you agree with that or not. Good luck to them trying to sort out what needs to be sent and to whom.

They will have to give everyone a heads up well ahead of time to make sure their shipping information is correct. Then they'll have to go back and sort out what years of what need to be sent out. Some people have dropped their memberships or have changed from Analog to Digital. This could easily become a bigger mess than it currently is. The Ten Club have enough shipment and fulfillment issues without all of these factors.

Once again, communication would fix 99% of all this. They have until early next week to reply back to the Attorney General's office regarding the second complaint because in their words, " the promised adjustment has not been made." In addition, the Attorney General's office says, "If we do not receive a response from the business we will contact you again with possible alternatives that may be available to you."

If the Attorney General's office believed that this kind of behavior was acceptable, they would've told me to scram. Instead they are trying to sort this out through the "informal complaint resolution process." In addition they've also said, "Your detailed consumer complaint may assist us in identifying possible unfair and deceptive business practices that may warrant further attention by our office."
    I wouldn't be surprised if they just sent the physical single to all members of the club from those years, regardless of analog or digital. I believe that's what they did in 95 when the 94 single was skipped. They just sent everyone in 95 the double, regardless if they were a member in 94 or not. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

You can mock me all you want. I'm in the right here.
  • JB16057 said:
    You can mock me all you want. I'm in the right here.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    If you don't agree, only time will tell. Nice quote at the bottom of your posts,
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

• BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,322
    JB is absolutely in the right.

I'll say it again: There may be an excuse for the Ten Club's failure to perform its end of the contract it made with us, but there's no excuse for the way it has been handled.  It makes you wonder if the band even has any idea what's going on.  Can you imagine how much of this aggravation could have been eased if, say, Mike had posted a statement or a video saying, "Hey guys. Things have been crazy for us these past few years.  We're all in different places, and some things have happened that definitely knocked us for a loop.  But we hear you and we're committed to get you what we promised you, but we don't want it to be just a formality.  We want it to be worth the far-too-long wait.  Bear with us and we promise we'll get you what you're owed and you'll dig it.  We appreciate your support and we value your commitment to our band."?
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
    Image result for plane crash gif

• disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    JB is most definitely in the right. Having said that, I don't think it's worth my 10c number to formally fight it. Gotta pick your battles and all that, and I'd rather have good concert seats.
  • Why would his tenclub number be at risk?
    You don't think that complaining to the AG, FTC, BBB, etc. and threatening a class action lawsuit won't get you kicked out of the fan club? If one of my customers (that's what we are to the 10c) did that to me, I would make things right and then tell them I don't want their business anymore.
    I could not imagine the Ten Club kicking me out because I'm asking legitimate questions. I could understand if what I was saying was frivolous or completely made up but I'm not the only one expressing concerns over this. They've had opportunities to make this right and they've chosen to not do so. I've been a member since 1996 so my number is low. If they want to kick me out then so be it. We have rights as consumers whether the Ten Club likes it or not.
    Hopefully they don't kick you out, but it's more than asking questions by getting the AG involved. I'm just saying that this is a real possibility here, and not worth it to me. I speak louder by not buying anything from their store. We do have rights, yes, but we also are simply numbers to them; they don't need us at this point in their careers.
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    Doesnt apply to everyone but a lot of us can appreciate that whilst frustrating we will eventually get them but there must be some who just signed up for 2017 and 2018 and paid $100 (international) and come away with 2 crap t shirts and 2 bootleg codes. This definitely needs addressing. Due to location my number and the ticket lottery means nothing to me. Even the Vault is not exclusive anymore.

Dont get me wrong we should continue to keep talking about it and question 10c on these but lawsuits is not the way to go in my opinion. These kind of things often just mean we might not get nice things again although Im sure they will be happy to sell us stuff.
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,243
    The Attorney Generals office???  Over a couple of 7" records.  Jesus.  Im out.  
    The Attorney Generals office???  Over a couple of 7" records.  Jesus.  Im out.  
    I’m only here for the condiments discussion. 

• The Attorney Generals office???  Over a couple of 7" records.  Jesus.  Im out.  
    Several years??? Not being able to deliver a couple of 7'' records? Jesus.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,146
    JB16057 said:
    I could not imagine the Ten Club kicking me out because I'm asking legitimate questions. I could understand if what I was saying was frivolous or completely made up but I'm not the only one expressing concerns over this. They've had opportunities to make this right and they've chosen to not do so. I've been a member since 1996 so my number is low. If they want to kick me out then so be it. We have rights as consumers whether the Ten Club likes it or not.
    The seats you've had with a 1996 number and you're going to go nuclear over 2 7"s that we all know will show up eventually? Hall of Fame level cutting off your nose to spite your face.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,082
    edited January 2020
    If an AG (Whatever that is, like the swedish konsumentverket I guess) comes to the conclusion this aint lawfully okey - then that is on tenclub. Not the member. 

Would be petty remove someone because of it. They should take a hint and strive to be lawful instead.

It's not like the Guns N Roses case where the fan leaked a bunch of songs and got banned from their concerts. 

But I also get the pettyness. 
This discussion has been closed.