Hey how about those 2 missing Ten Club singles!

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522
    jeffbr said:
    mace1229 said:
    And I actually do think the possibility is pretty good that if threads like this didn't exist and no one said anything, that we'd never see the singles. At the very least let that last one count for 2017 and let 2016 just be a gap year.
    Absolutely right. Threads like this have purpose and value. The reality is that the missing singles aren't a big deal in the grand scheme of things. The other reality is that this band has demonstrated an utter lack of care and concern when it comes to their fan base. They give no shits about their obligations to us. We're asking them to fulfill those obligations and give 2 shits in the form of the missing singles. That's it. Nobody needs to be suing anyone. And nobody needs to defend the indefensible. The "sycophants" are no better than the "complainers" in this thread. 
    they're worse. at least one of the complaints is legitimate. 

fan #1: "I'm unhappy that the band hasn't fulfilled its obligations"
    fan #2: "the band not fulfilling their obligations doesn't bother me one bit. you all need to calm down, your complaint is without merit"

also fan #2: "PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT THIS. IT'S DRIVING ME INSANE!". 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    jeffbr said:
    mace1229 said:
    And I actually do think the possibility is pretty good that if threads like this didn't exist and no one said anything, that we'd never see the singles. At the very least let that last one count for 2017 and let 2016 just be a gap year.
    Absolutely right. Threads like this have purpose and value. The reality is that the missing singles aren't a big deal in the grand scheme of things. The other reality is that this band has demonstrated an utter lack of care and concern when it comes to their fan base. They give no shits about their obligations to us. We're asking them to fulfill those obligations and give 2 shits in the form of the missing singles. That's it. Nobody needs to be suing anyone. And nobody needs to defend the indefensible. The "sycophants" are no better than the "complainers" in this thread. 

fan #2: "the band not fulfilling their obligations doesn't bother me one bit. you all need to calm down, your complaint is without merit"

:lol:

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    Cant wait for the singles to come. They'll be amazing and we'll all be happy to say all is forgiven for this debacle. In the meantime we should all complain a little but not get too personal about where the blame lies as really we still know nothing. 
  • FR181798 said:
    Cant wait for the singles to come. They'll be amazing and we'll all be happy to say all is forgiven for this debacle. In the meantime we should all complain a little but not get too personal about where the blame lies as really we still know nothing. 
    A measured and appropriate response. This is all Fan #3 desires.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    jeffbr said:
    mace1229 said:

OK, I'll concede your point! :lol: 

"I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,928
    I would rank Horsey sauce in my top 5 all time of restaurant condiments.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• on2legs said:
    This is also measured and appropriate. We're really on a roll now.
  • LostpawnLostpawn Posts: 414
    on2legs said:
    Where does Chick-fil-a sauce rank?
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    Up until recently, these missing singles represented our best chance for new Pearl Jam music. The music is what it's about for me, and these matter. I'm digital and don't give two shits about the vinyl, but the music on them is important. I'm glad we are getting a new album but that doesn't mean I don't also hope some songs that didn't make the album will wind up as the singles. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    Lostpawn said:
    on2legs said:
    Also top 5.  Possible #1.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

I have no idea what Horsey sauce is, am I missing out? I dont live under a rock btw just on a small island.
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    Side B will be Matt farting on a snare drum.
  • Just chill out. It's forthcoming. 
  • LostpawnLostpawn Posts: 414
    on2legs said:
    Lostpawn said:
    on2legs said:
    Also top 5.  Possible #1.  
    Our spirits are aligned. You are my condiment soulmate. We should meet. At a Chick-fil-a, next to an Arby’s. 
    rictus58 said:
    Just chill out. It's forthcoming. 
    The single or the horsey sauce?

edited January 2020
    Having googled what Horsey sauce is, I was pleased to find out it contains no horse.  We had enough of that in our Ready Meals in 2013. I think you guys call them TV dinners.
    Post edited by FR181798 on
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    I also think a large part of the problem is most of us can't figure out what the delay is. We know they have unreleased recordings and lots of live stiff that can be thrown in. I can't think of a single reason these aren't done. They have claimed pressing times is an issue, but that never seems to be an issue for stuff they charge us for, like RSD and vaults, so that's really a BS excuse. It just comes back to why won;t they simply do it and why won't they communicate it with us? It is a little insulting every time they try to sell us new vinyl and say they are backordered on the ones we already paid for.
    They sold Unplugged for the price of what they sell 2 singles. That would have been an amazing solution to where everyone would have said this was definitely worth the wait and felt respected. Instead, we get nothing and are asked to pay for more vinyl when these are still missing.

At the end of the day HFD is pretty right, I don't think about it until I see this thread. It isn't a big deal, but it is a little frustrating and does feel like we've been taken advantage of. I'm still going to pre-order the new album (already did) and go to shows though, that's why I'm really here.
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,322
    I just want to echo a key point that others have made: if people do not keep this issue active, we will almost certainly never receive these singles.  (We still might never see them even if we do keep talking about it.)

By way of comparison, I started another thread to ask if the Ten Club was planning to make any accommodations like they did last tour for people who do not have smartphones.  Several people chimed in to say "quit your complaining" or "just get a smartphone"-- note that I didn't actually complain, just put the question out there at the same time that I emailed them about it since time was of the essence with a Wednesday-night deadline to request tickets.  My inquiry was called "unreasonable" by more than one poster and "insane" by at least one other.  (Several other people posted that they had the same issue-- 20 percent of Americans do not have smartphones-- or that they had smartphones but didn't want to see people without them get shut out for that reason.)  In the end, the Ten Club responded to my email late Wednesday and basically said not to worry about it, that "we will get our members in one way or the other."  This was after other people had received less encouraging email replies on Monday.  I'm pretty sure that what happened is, as the three days (not much longer) passed, the Ten Club had enough members affected by this who inquired about it that they realized that it would be really bad customer service to exclude a small but real number of the band's most dedicated fans.  To their credit, they adjusted to the reality on the ground-- that the policy excluded more people than they anticipated.  I'm also pretty sure that, if no one had bothered to ask, no accommodations would have been made. 

Some posters had said the transition to all ticketing being via smartphone is inevitable.  I joked that nothing is inevitable except death and that we will never get the 2017 and 2018 fan-club singles... but one way to make sure that things are inevitable is not to ask for an alternative.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • JoostoneJoostone Posts: 232
    edited January 2020
    Maybe they recorded some Cornell related stuff as a tribute. Maybe they already pressed the singles with a recording of 'Missing'. They have played that one live. And maybe Vicky stepped in preventing that to happen.....Who knows.... ???

But yeah, it's more likely they just didn't record any stuff for these singles. But I would be happy with unreleased vault stuff from the past...
    PJ: Pinkpop 2000, Sydney I/II/III 2003, Adelaide 2003, Arnhem 2006, Antwerp 2006, Berlin 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Nijmegen 2007, Werchter 2007, Rotterdam 2009, Berlin 2009, Nijmegen 2010, Amsterdam I/II 2012, Amsterdam I/II 2014, Amsterdam I/II 2018, Pinkpop 2018, Werchter 2018, Pinkpop 2022, Budapest 2022, Krakow 2022, Amsterdam 2022.
    EV: Amsterdam II 2012, Amsterdam I/III 2017, Amsterdam I 2019
    Brad: Zoetermeer & Utrecht 2013
    Soundgarden: Pinkpop 2012, Amsterdam 2013, Utrecht 2014
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    I thought they might do something for us with this upcoming album, but if that was the plan, then they wouldn't let us pre-order it. I think I've lost all hope now.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522
    BF25394 said:
    I just want to echo a key point that others have made: if people do not keep this issue active, we will almost certainly never receive these singles.  (We still might never see them even if we do keep talking about it.)

By way of comparison, I started another thread to ask if the Ten Club was planning to make any accommodations like they did last tour for people who do not have smartphones.  Several people chimed in to say "quit your complaining" or "just get a smartphone"-- note that I didn't actually complain, just put the question out there at the same time that I emailed them about it since time was of the essence with a Wednesday-night deadline to request tickets.  My inquiry was called "unreasonable" by more than one poster and "insane" by at least one other.  (Several other people posted that they had the same issue-- 20 percent of Americans do not have smartphones-- or that they had smartphones but didn't want to see people without them get shut out for that reason.)  In the end, the Ten Club responded to my email late Wednesday and basically said not to worry about it, that "we will get our members in one way or the other."  This was after other people had received less encouraging email replies on Monday.  I'm pretty sure that what happened is, as the three days (not much longer) passed, the Ten Club had enough members affected by this who inquired about it that they realized that it would be really bad customer service to exclude a small but real number of the band's most dedicated fans.  To their credit, they adjusted to the reality on the ground-- that the policy excluded more people than they anticipated.  I'm also pretty sure that, if no one had bothered to ask, no accommodations would have been made. 

Some posters had said the transition to all ticketing being via smartphone is inevitable.  I joked that nothing is inevitable except death and that we will never get the 2017 and 2018 fan-club singles... but one way to make sure that things are inevitable is not to ask for an alternative.
    exact-a-mundo. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    FR181798 said:
    I have no idea what Horsey sauce is, am I missing out? I dont live under a rock btw just on a small island.
    Arby's horseradish sauce.  It's pretty darn good.
    I googled it, we have horseradish sauce here too. Too sophisticated for me.  Im putting Nandos Medium Peri Peri on everything these days.
  • Keep this thread going for as long until they fulfill their obligations. 
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    jeffbr said:
    mace1229 said:
    Related image
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,616
    I thought they might do something for us with this upcoming album, but if that was the plan, then they wouldn't let us pre-order it. I think I've lost all hope now.

The new album and tour are to raise money to make the overdue singles.  The band is broke.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    PB11041 said:
    jeffbr said:
    mace1229 said:
    Related image
    If the sycophant shoe fits, wear it with pride!
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    Pearl Jam are activists for what they believe is wrong and right and we should be too. This is wrong what they've done and they've yet to make it right.

All they have to do is apologize and give us a timeline and then everything is good in my eyes unless they don't deliver when they said they would but I would give them the benefit of the doubt until that timeline passes.

They obviously believe that they should give us a timeline when to expect the new album and when they'll tour. Those things take months(sometimes years) to plan. I believe that if they had valuable information regarding the singles and DEEP that they would share it as they should.

Maybe the singles and DEEP are already planned. By now, they would have to know the frustration from us fans and the Ten Club and they should want to put a stop to it. I can't imagine that all 5 members of Pearl Jam simply forgot about the annual singles or DEEP. Regardless of how you feel about this conversation, this is not the way you should ever treat your biggest and most loyal fans.
  • FR181798 said:
    Having googled what Horsey sauce is, I was pleased to find out it contains no horse.  
    Not since 2013, no.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,616
    JB16057 said:
    Pearl Jam are activists for what they believe is wrong and right and we should be too. This is wrong what they've done and they've yet to make it right.

All they have to do is apologize and give us a timeline and then everything is good in my eyes unless they don't deliver when they said they would but I would give them the benefit of the doubt until that timeline passes.

They obviously believe that they should give us a timeline when to expect the new album and when they'll tour. Those things take months(sometimes years) to plan. I believe that if they had valuable information regarding the singles and DEEP that they would share it as they should.

Maybe the singles and DEEP are already planned. By now, they would have to know the frustration from us fans and the Ten Club and they should want to put a stop to it. I can't imagine that all 5 members of Pearl Jam simply forgot about the annual singles or DEEP. Regardless of how you feel about this conversation, this is not the way you should ever treat your biggest and most loyal fans.

I wonder if they even have a clue any of this is happening?  I doubt any of them follow the fan club forums. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

This discussion has been closed.