Hey how about those 2 missing Ten Club singles!

Comments

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    Just curious, do you consider it a gift? We pay for it. I don’t consider a tank of gas a gift when I give the clerk $40 first.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,083
    edited January 2020
    Sure. But seriously is it that big a deal to wait longer?  Come on. They will make it right in the end. I love vinyl and want what I paid for but I’m just not that worried about a couple of 7” records. Jesus. Relax everyone.  

It is not the fanbase that royally fucked up and is not taking responsibility for SEVERAL YEARS.

It is not the fanbase that lacks fundamental communication skills and only addressed this issue for SEVERAL YEARS with BS "eh... it's sort of happening... see ya a few years down the line with another 'eh... it's sort of happening'".  Oh wait , we also got a "we have never promised when these bought goods were to be delivered, we can deliver them in 2070 if we want to, so whatevz - now im gonna crawl under a rock again"

I don't understand why some on here do not understand that it's not about the actual value of it or that the crisis in Syria is a bigger problem.

It's just a couple of 7 inch singles. The idea of this treatment of the fanbase, the lack of taking responsibility and taking us for granted -- is still DISAPPOINTING BULLSHIT BEHAVIOUR.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,928
    edited January 2020
    Or you could just be patient and not let something so small get you so upset. 
    Post edited by on2legs on
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,332
    Whats he offering me in exchange? 

Nothing. Just like PJ and the Ten Club. ;)

I thought $40/yr was no big deal?

In reality for me the new album and tour (especially with how many seats they seemed to have gotten) will make me not think about these singles until summer at least...other than seeing this thread :)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    To those that think we're bitching about $40: Send me the money and I'll never post in this thread again. Until that happens, I will continue to express my frustration with how the band and their fan club treat us. Do you know how many CDs I can get from BMG for that $40???
  • It's fascinating how appealing for calm makes the crazies go crazier. In a community this large I expect you will always have that kind of element taking things way too far and allowing themselves to feel personally offended by something as stupid as late delivery of a vinyl record or two. We will get our records eventually, I do not doubt that for a second.

Mean time complaints are welcome and temper tantrums are hysterically funny.     =)
  •  "We will get our records eventually, I do not doubt that for a second."
    I agree, we will get our records, and when we do it will be a great surprise. I hope they won't announce the shipping but that they just show up on our doorstep one day. I think that would be great!
    There's a trapdoor in the sun!
    2000 Pinkpop Festival, Netherlands
    2006 Arnhem, Netherlands
    2006 Antwerp, Belgium
    2007 Nijmegen, Netherlands
    2009 Philadelphia 4, PA
    2010 Bristow, VA
    2012 Amsterdam 1, Netherlands
    2013 Buffalo, NY
    2013 Baltimore, MD
    2015 Global Citizen Festival New York, NY
    2016 Hampton, VA
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,083
    edited January 2020
    It's fascinating how appealing for calm makes the crazies go crazier. In a community this large I expect you will always have that kind of element taking things way too far and allowing themselves to feel personally offended by something as stupid as late delivery of a vinyl record or two. We will get our records eventually, I do not doubt that for a second.

Mean time complaints are welcome and temper tantrums are hysterically funny.     =)
    The crazy ones are the ones being pissed on but telling themselves, and others in this thread, it's raining.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    And I actually do think the possibility is pretty good that if threads like this didn't exist and no one said anything, that we'd never see the singles. At the very least let that last one count for 2017 and let 2016 just be a gap year.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522
    mace1229 said:
    And I actually do think the possibility is pretty good that if threads like this didn't exist and no one said anything, that we'd never see the singles. At the very least let that last one count for 2017 and let 2016 just be a gap year.
    I'd have to agree with that. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,611
    It's fascinating how appealing for calm makes the crazies go crazier. In a community this large I expect you will always have that kind of element taking things way too far and allowing themselves to feel personally offended by something as stupid as late delivery of a vinyl record or two. We will get our records eventually, I do not doubt that for a second.

The crazy ones are the ones being pissed on but telling themselves, and others in this thread, it's raining.

No one is doing that. Some people think its just not worth getting worked up about. 

Whats he offering me in exchange? 

Nothing. Just like PJ and the Ten Club. ;)

I thought $40/yr was no big deal?
    This isn't an apples to apples analogy here. If my $40 is sunk, then so be it, my life will go on, i'll just be bummed the band let me down. But if he needed me to buy out his membership and get his singles and Deep, then thats something else.
    edited January 2020

No one is doing that. Some people think its just not worth getting worked up about. 

I have just never seen the point in complaining about legitimate complaints. If I see a thread that someone is bitching about something, and it doesn't affect me in any way, I don't act like all superior and come around and mock those complaining. I move on and leave them to their thing. 

Am I annoyed at the single thing? Yes, not on a financial level, just disappointed in the band for seemingly not giving a shit. Does it keep me up at night? Am I frothing at the mouth every single day, raging in the mirror, shaking my fist in the air, cursing Ed's name? It would seem some of you think that's what we do. But no. That's not what is happening. 

you ever tell someone who is upset about something to relax? how does that work, like, 100% of the time? what is the point? I'm convinced that most of the escalation in this thread isn't due to the singles themselves, but as a direct result of the "just relax" crowd. 
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on

www.headstonesband.com

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123

And those people don't need to get worked up about it. Live and let live. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    edited January 2020

I have just never seen the point in complaining about legitimate complaints. If I see a thread that someone is bitching about something, and it doesn't affect me in any way, I don't act like all superior and come around and mock those complaining. I move on and leave them to their thing. 

Am I annoyed at the single thing? Yes, not on a financial level, just disappointed in the band for seemingly not giving a shit. Does it keep me up at night? Am I frothing at the mouth every single day, raging in the mirror, shaking my fist in the air, cursing Ed's name? It would seem some of you think that's what we do. But no. That's not what is happening. 

you ever tell someone who is upset about something to relax? how does that work, like, 100% of the time? what is the point? I'm convinced that most of the escalation in this thread isn't due to the singles themselves, but as a direct result of the "just relax" crowd. 
    I guess I'm just not hearing anything new in this discourse. Hey everyone is mad or disappointed. 10c knows this. Management knows this. Adding another post here is pretty much pointless, because clearly saying it again or adding more to the numbers isn't getting them done any faster. And no one is gonna quit being a fan of the band over the late fan club swag. 

Its just pointless. But sure, go off king if you think more people complaining are making a difference.

And maybe that is the solution to just not open the thread anymore. 

Post edited by Tim Simmons on

I guess I'm just not hearing anything new in this discourse. Hey everyone is mad or disappointed. 10c knows this. Management knows this. Adding another post here is pretty much pointless, because clearly saying it again or adding more to the numbers isn't getting them done any faster. And no one is gonna quit being a fan of the band over the late fan club swag. 

Its just pointless. But sure, go off king if you think more people complaining are making a difference.

and that is your opinion, and you are more than welcome to have that. but if you think posting about it is pointless, wouldn't that render a response to that post also pointless? do you see what i'm getting at here?

and also, you don't know at all that it's actually pointless. it could very well be that this thread is part of the reason they finally addressed it. this thread goes away, they think it's all good. 

people complained endlessly about 10C being only sold in pairs. they FINALLY changed it. would that have changed without any complaints or suggestions to change it over the years? highly unlikely. 

www.headstonesband.com

I remember the time I ordered large fries at McDonalds and I didn’t notice until I drove away that I only received a small French fries.  It was pretty frustrating.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

But you at least got fries
    mace1229 said:
    And I got tickets, a shirt, and a bootleg code from the ten club.  

• mace1229 said:
    Exclusive ticket access + 10C shirt = medium fries + a more than usual amount of bag fries
    on2legs said:
    mace1229 said:
    And also a coke, Big Mac and one curly fry mixed in with your small fries. Then after you eat it you realize.....McDonalds doesn't have curly friends.
  • LostpawnLostpawn Posts: 414
    mace1229 said:
    on2legs said:
    mace1229 said:
    And also a coke, Big Mac and one curly fry mixed in with your small fries. Then after you eat it you realize.....McDonalds doesn't have curly friends.
    Thanks a ton. Now I’m craving Arby’s. Not kidding. 
    edited January 2020
    Post edited by on2legs on

• Lostpawn said:
    Horsey sauce
    on2legs said:

people complained endlessly about 10C being only sold in pairs. they FINALLY changed it. would that have changed without any complaints or suggestions to change it over the years? highly unlikely. 
    I rank this achievement only behind the Montgomery Bus Boycott when I think of the top moments in the history of social activism. 
    and you know what? out of all the comments and threads about it, I didn't comment once. You know why? because people can raise whatever issues they have as much as they want, and if it doesn't affect me, I read or not and move on. 

because getting in my tower and shouting at people for raising an issue that bothers them is pointless and fairly arrogant. 

www.headstonesband.com

Lostpawn said:
    Horsey sauce
    I would call a lawyer if they forgot the horsey sauce tho. 

• on2legs said:
    Lostpawn said:
    Horsey sauce
    I would call a lawyer if they forgot the horsey sauce tho. 
    There are a lot of other sauces easily accessible to you that you might enjoy in the meantime. Even the rarest of sauces is available to you online. Or, it's always possible to get a horse and make your own - you might enjoy that even more.
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    I went to Popeye's for the first time the other day. A big-ass chicken sandwich combo meal for under $6. I didn't even finish it, it was so big. Your move, 10c.
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    I think its important to keep this thread going. Repeat comments in my opinion are welcome just to keep it on the front page. Anyone who thinks they wouldnt forget to issue these just remember they forgot we were due 2016 and gave us 2017. Multiple people would have signed off on the artwork for that single.

• jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    mace1229 said:
    Absolutely right. Threads like this have purpose and value. The reality is that the missing singles aren't a big deal in the grand scheme of things. The other reality is that this band has demonstrated an utter lack of care and concern when it comes to their fan base. They give no shits about their obligations to us. We're asking them to fulfill those obligations and give 2 shits in the form of the missing singles. That's it. Nobody needs to be suing anyone. And nobody needs to defend the indefensible. The "sycophants" are no better than the "complainers" in this thread. 
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
This discussion has been closed.