Hey how about those 2 missing Ten Club singles!

Comments

• JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    KV4053 said:
    pulling69 said:
    Can we set up a class action lawsuit? It really is pretty shitty that this has taken so long....I spent that money years ago!
    YESSSSSSSSSS

We must develop and maintain the capacity to forgive. He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love. There is some good in the worst of us and some evil in the best of us. When we discover this, we are less prone to hate our enemies.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

To forgive without ever receiving an apology or explanation? All they have to do is communicate which is all I've been asking for.

I understand some don't care over the $30-$40 but it's the principle behind it that matters to me... This is my favorite band and has been for the past 26 years. How about some respect?
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,611
    I don't really want to see a lawsuit, I'm just encouraging the ridiculousness in this thread.

When I brought up a lawsuit last year, as a joke mind you, I was warned by moderators that they will not tolerate threats to the band and that I better watch what I say. They would rather threaten their paying customers rather than just give them real information.
  • GC31608GC31608 Posts: 229

• jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    JB16057 said:
    KV4053 said:
    pulling69 said:
    Can we set up a class action lawsuit? It really is pretty shitty that this has taken so long....I spent that money years ago!
    YESSSSSSSSSS

We must develop and maintain the capacity to forgive. He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love. There is some good in the worst of us and some evil in the best of us. When we discover this, we are less prone to hate our enemies.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

To forgive without ever receiving an apology or explanation? All they have to do is communicate which is all I've been asking for.

I understand some don't care over the $30-$40 but it's the principle behind it that matters to me... This is my favorite band and has been for the past 26 years. How about some respect?
    I'm not a religious person, but I understand forgiveness comes after remorse and repentance and a change of the behavior for which one is being forgiven. I've seen neither remorse nor a change in behavior by the band or 10c, so forgiveness may be premature here. 
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    This got me fired up again. I was the one that sent the original consumer complaint to the Washington State Attorney General's office. I wasn't happy with the response but I do respect that they responded. I don't believe it was honest and there was no apology given except to those that have expressed frustration. Tim Bierman said that they don't have to send anything in a timely manner as this wasn't part of the deal. It's been 4 months since that last exchange. The next day it was sent out in the monthly newsletter that they were in production. We haven't heard anything since regarding the singles or DEEP.

In the past 4 months, how many new items have Pearl Jam and the Ten Club advertised for us to purchase?

I don't think a lawsuit is the answer unless they don't ever send anything. I don't know what rules they have to play by or how long they can hold out on sending our items. I replied back to the original Attorney General's office to ask these questions. I got an almost immediate response from them saying that they have forwarded my message to the Ten Club and have asked for an official response in the next seven days. The Ten Club doesn't have to respond. I didn't ask for them to contact the Ten Club again but I will post it on the board if it becomes available. I'm not sure why the Attorney General's office didn't just answer my questions but they think its serious enough that they are getting somewhat involved in this once again.

All I'm asking for is some well deserved communication. I agree with the above post, "I understand forgiveness comes after remorse and repentance and a change of the behavior...."

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,146

edited January 2020
    JB16057 said:

In the past 4 months, how many new items have Pearl Jam and the Ten Club advertised for us to purchase?

What does one have to do with the other?

For all we know they picked the next 10 vaults out 8 years ago.
    Whos to say they didn't address the singles when they were doing the album in the Fall?
    We know they like to pop the holiday singles on us, whos to say they aren't going out in the next few week after vaults ship?

Also, I'm sorry that the $40 is such a hangup for you.

• I would take stone burping into a harmonica on the 45. I just want something. But having said that I just dropped over $500 to the ten club today. Your welcome PJ, 
    By your standards, who's to say they've done anything regarding the singles and DEEP?

All I'm asking for is information. What does one have to do with the other? The money all goes into the same pot.

$40? Try $120.

It's not about the money. It's about RESPECT.
  • EnzedEnzed Posts: 486
    Releasing an album and going on tour will have me not thinking about these for a while.  Smart move. :)
    A deliberate smokescreen to distract us from the real issues of receiving our overdue singles. 

Such a Trumpian tactic!  Those CADS!
    Auckland 1 1995
    Auckland 1998
    EV (Neil Finn and Friends, April 2, 2001)
    Auckland 2009
    Auckland 2014
  • JB16057 said:

$40? Try $120.

+1
  • They will do the right thing. Let’s celebrate the new album and tour today 
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    They will do the right thing. Let’s celebrate the new album and tour today 
    +1

A positive! I thank you. :smile:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    JB16057 said:

$40? Try $120.

I came to $40 thinking the singles are about &10-$15 apiece and then whatever for the mags. I don’t factor the whole $60 towards them. Especially since they retail for much less a year or two later. 
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    Image result for veruca salt gif
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    Perfect summary
  • vaggar99vaggar99 Posts: 3,427
    If you preorder Gigaton and pay $5 extra, you get one of your singles.  Stop complaining already
  • Have some perspective, you bunch of Karens. Once you get your missing consumer goods, you'll still feel empty inside.
  • Have some perspective, you bunch of Karens. Once you get your missing consumer goods, you'll still feel empty inside.
    🤣
    lol
  • erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    Related image
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    I'm not bitching (in this post, anyway) so keep the "$40 means so much to you" crap away from me. People have been asking what the 10c legally can and cannot do, so I thought I'd offer some insight.

Firstly, they need to establish when we'll receive our goods. These used to be described as Annual Holiday Vinyl 45, so we have our time frame.

Now, if there are delays, then they are legally required to either get our approval to wait, or refund us in full. They must get our approval each time they go past the revised shipping date.

The 10c doesn't need us, as they can sell out arenas without us no problem. We’re probably more of a burden on them than anything at this point. But we need them for first chance at concert tickets, and as far as I can tell, that is the only reason to still be in the 10c anymore. Hell, it's the reason I joined in the first place almost 25 years ago. They know that we need them, and feel that they can crap all over us because of this. That is why we are pissed. Not because of $40.
    edited January 2020
    We don’t NEED them, we can still buy tickets from TM.

to me, this is the band letting us down more than anything. But going off what Mike said in the Gigaton press release, it seems the past few years have not been good for them. So this kinda makes sense.
  • RP112579RP112579 Posts: 3,380
    Have some perspective, you bunch of Karens. Once you get your missing consumer goods, you'll still feel empty inside.
    :lol:
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
    8/29/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/31/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field

BAHAHA!!! So much yes
    Lollapalooza 1992 Mansfield MA
    STL 2014
    Wrigley Aug 20th 2016
    St Louis 2022

I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    If nothing else. Our subscription and lack of singles has provided a lot of entertainment in this thread. I dont know what Im going to do when they do finally arrive and this thread is over. Maybe reminisce about the good old days when they did a fanclub single. I can see why everyone is annoyed and its taken the shine off something that was once great.
    Have some perspective..... I live in Washington State. I haven't and will not bitch about them not playing Seattle on this tour. The main reason most are in the club is for the chance to get concert tickets. I'm not complaining about any of that. I just want some communication regarding the singles and DEEP. Why is that such a hard request to make without getting chastised? I've been a fan club member since 1996. I've purchased the holiday singles that were sent before I was a member and I paid good money for them to have the whole set. The holiday singles were once a magical thing. Now it just feels like a burden to the band. There used to be a connection between the fans and the fan club when the fan club wasn't just a burden to the band. Now the fan club has turned into an online retail store.

The lack of communication proves that the band doesn't care. Sure, maybe they have had a hard time but they still have obligations that they are not fulfilling, by choice. I'm not asking for the singles and DEEP to be delivered to me right now. I'm only asking for communication and RESPECT from a band that I look up to. The respect used to be there.
This discussion has been closed.