Hey how about those 2 missing Ten Club singles!

Comments

• Doesn't reflect well at all. Disappointing. 
    It's definitely a bad look for new tenclub members. Say you just got into the band like three years ago. You looked at what you get for being in the tenclub, and felt like you wanted to join. Three years later, what have ya got? An "I'm Analog" shirt?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    FR181798 said:
    Ive recently had a really good customer service experience with 10c. Judging by how quickly they responded to me it seems like their hands are tied and not allowed to say anything specific about the missing singles and 3 copies of Deep.
    This means nothing. I recently had a horrible experience with them. A $125 order was damaged in transit, so I sent them pics for proof and was told all sales are final. Nice way of them telling me to F off. So they are not infallible, as many here would believe. At that point I could've fought the charge and no doubt won, but I felt my member number was more important. Gotta pick your battles sometimes. But it did make me vow to never order from them again, save for annual membership and tickets.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522
    pjl44 said:
    I'm hoping they add up the previous missed mags/singles and give those who have been members since the missing xmas stuff a free download of the new record (or some type of lost dogs 2). I'm positive the band isn't just going to completely forget about them. Guarantee something nice is coming for all of us! 
    Yeah, I'm reserving judgment until I see the final product. If they go above and beyond, I think all is cool. EPs and/or tracks that didn't make the new album, etc.
    They haven't done that since the advent of file sharing for a reason. My guess is they see it as throwing money down the toilet, knowing it reaches farther than the club members. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,146
    pjl44 said:
    I'm hoping they add up the previous missed mags/singles and give those who have been members since the missing xmas stuff a free download of the new record (or some type of lost dogs 2). I'm positive the band isn't just going to completely forget about them. Guarantee something nice is coming for all of us! 
    Yeah, I'm reserving judgment until I see the final product. If they go above and beyond, I think all is cool. EPs and/or tracks that didn't make the new album, etc.
    They haven't done that since the advent of file sharing for a reason. My guess is they see it as throwing money down the toilet, knowing it reaches farther than the club members. 
    Yeah, that makes sense. I was trying to dream big. It would be disappointing to get a couple garden variety singles and nothing more after the delay.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Yeah, that makes sense. I was trying to dream big. It would be disappointing to get a couple garden variety singles and nothing more after the delay.
    I know. we all dream big around here. I am really hoping they do a 1999 type release for the last two, but I also realize that's just not realistic. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    I was being sarcastic but seriously, do we?
    someone already sent a complaint to someone official. i can't remember who, but tim sent a letter to them saying that there is no guarantee by the club to deliver the goods in any specific time frame, just that they will be delivered. 
    That's a BS response. Even if they don't give  a specific time, we have the right to presume the obligation will be fulfilled within a timely manner. I think 3 years for 1 single is more than enough.
    You can't hire a contractor to build a fence in your yard, and in the contract if he doesn't put a completion date that doesn't give him endless time to complete it.  He would have a reasonable about of time to complete the job,and I would think a reasonable amount of time would be 3 months.
    That is my unprofessional opinion.
    mace1229 said:
    someone already sent a complaint to someone official. i can't remember who, but tim sent a letter to them saying that there is no guarantee by the club to deliver the goods in any specific time frame, just that they will be delivered. 
    That's a BS response. Even if they don't give  a specific time, we have the right to presume the obligation will be fulfilled within a timely manner. I think 3 years for 1 single is more than enough.
    You can't hire a contractor to build a fence in your yard, and in the contract if he doesn't put a completion date that doesn't give him endless time to complete it.  He would have a reasonable about of time to complete the job,and I would think a reasonable amount of time would be 3 months.
    Ten Club has been holding back $20 of product. Fence we had put in cost us $2,000. I would approach those situations very differently. 
  • DW139059DW139059 Posts: 353
    Is there a plan for something replacing it? Or did the removal of it end up only as the fanclub getting a bigger $$ margin on that membership tier?

Like when Apotekarnes, the maker of the Swedish Christmas beverage Julmust (which Coca-Cola hates that they can't compete with) made their bottles 1,4 litres instead of 1,5 litres but kept the price.

As in, members paying the same for less?

@Santos L. Halper  @Rubysdad @Kelly Curtis @eddievedder

(I'm hoping for collectible figures)

The holidays are over. Any response @Santos L. Halper  @Rubysdad @Kelly Curtis @eddievedder
    Every time you repost this (the top pic), it looks delicious...  =)
    Charlotte '96
    Raleigh '03
    Charlotte '13
    Cincinnati '14
    Greenville '16, Columbia '16
    Nashville '22
    pjl44 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Ten Club has been holding back $20 of product. Fence we had put in cost us $2,000. I would approach those situations very differently. 
    The only difference is I would sue over $2000. I'm not going to sue over $20 (especially since it probably cost $50 to file). But they have the same obligations to fulfill their promise. 
    It varies from state to state, but there is only so long a company can hold a consumer's money before interest starts to accrue. I'm not saying to pursue that here, just offering some insight if any normal "business" were to pull this crap.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    Do we have any lawyers in the club? Class action lawsuit? Those seem to be popular these days.
    Gotta watch that one.  Someone else mentioned that early on in the thread and got vilified for it, despite being totally just in that suggestion.  I'd sign it.  We're talking millions of dollars and promised goods not delivered.  Sounds like a class action suit waiting to happen!
    It's been awhile, but The Legal Eagles have logged on
    mace1229 said:
    Agreed, total BS.  I mean, if I pay an ANNUAL membership fee, I expect those obligations to be fulfilled that year, not "whenever."  Anyone with any lick of sense would expect the same.
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,611
    I believe this to be a sound strategy and a good use of money and definitely think some ten clubbers should bring a lawsuit.

I have Larry H Parker on hold right now.
    mace1229 said:
    Agreed, total BS.  I mean, if I pay an ANNUAL membership fee, I expect those obligations to be fulfilled that year, not "whenever."  Anyone with any lick of sense would expect the same.
    I agree, but its also JUST a fanclub membership. Some fights just aren't worth it.

I have Larry H Parker on hold right now.
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    FR181798 said:
    Ive recently had a really good customer service experience with 10c. Judging by how quickly they responded to me it seems like their hands are tied and not allowed to say anything specific about the missing singles and 3 copies of Deep.
    This means nothing. I recently had a horrible experience with them. A $125 order was damaged in transit, so I sent them pics for proof and was told all sales are final. Nice way of them telling me to F off. So they are not infallible, as many here would believe. At that point I could've fought the charge and no doubt won, but I felt my member number was more important. Gotta pick your battles sometimes. But it did make me vow to never order from them again, save for annual membership and tickets.
    Sorry to hear that, just my opinion. Ive had a few customer service experiences with them and they always make right. If it was damaged in transit then can a claim not be made through the shipping company, at that price would it not have been insured? I wish Tenclub would do Paypal. As much as I hate the charges when I sell old stuff its good when you need to resolve problems like this. I kind of think that $20 is too much for what I personally get out of 10c now. Never bought tickets through them and only seem to benefit when they do exclusives like with Sevens or Mystery Vinyl.
  • JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    Those punks deserve to be sued. They've announced a new album that they want us to pre-order yet they can't send out what we paid for 3 years ago?

A free 7" when you pre-order the new album? Regarding the annual singes,  Tim Bierman said, "because of the nature of creating vinyl records, there is not an exact date we can provide to the customers." Somehow they know they can give you a free 7" record when you pre-order yet they can't figure out how long it would take for the annual singles? March 27 is less than 2 months away. We were told the annual singles were in production 4 months ago.

FR181798 said:
    FR181798 said:
    Sorry to hear that, just my opinion. Ive had a few customer service experiences with them and they always make right. If it was damaged in transit then can a claim not be made through the shipping company, at that price would it not have been insured? I wish Tenclub would do Paypal. As much as I hate the charges when I sell old stuff its good when you need to resolve problems like this. I kind of think that $20 is too much for what I personally get out of 10c now. Never bought tickets through them and only seem to benefit when they do exclusives like with Sevens or Mystery Vinyl.
    I asked them to file a claim with UPS, since they require the shipper to initiate claims, and my email went ignored. I could have called Amex and had my money returned to me in seconds, but that's what I meant my choosing my battles, as my low member number is more important than $125. I told myself lesson learned and I haven't ordered another thing from them since, including this new album, and that was 8 months ago. Fool me once, and we all know how the rest of that goes, I'm just wondering if they know how much I haven't spent on their site because of their incompetence? They probably don't care though, so I shouldn't either. It's just kind of disheartening to have your favorite band metaphorically piss all over you, so hopefully you and others continue to have good experiences with them.
    mace1229 said:
    I agree, but its also JUST a fanclub membership. Some fights just aren't worth it.

But it is millions of $$, too.  I know what you mean, though.  I would join a CA if one were already in circulation, but it's not worth my effort to start such an endeavor.
    edited January 2020
    JB16057 said:
    Those punks deserve to be sued. They've announced a new album that they want us to pre-order yet they can't send out what we paid for 3 years ago?

A free 7" when you pre-order the new album? Regarding the annual singes,  Tim Bierman said, "because of the nature of creating vinyl records, there is not an exact date we can provide to the customers." Somehow they know they can give you a free 7" record when you pre-order yet they can't figure out how long it would take for the annual singles? March 27 is less than 2 months away. We were told the annual singles were in production 4 months ago.

It was a purposely vague statement. The album and its production are completely separate from the singles and their production and don't have anything to do with each other. 

"in production" could have meant that all 5 band members were given a CD with tracks to choose and they are waiting to hear from all 5, or it could be its getting pressed. I'd err on the former than the latter. 

It does stand to reason because the band spent time together putting the record together, that they chose singles. Its possible we'll see them soon. 

• BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,152
    Releasing an album and going on tour will have me not thinking about these for a while.  Smart move. :)
    A deliberate smokescreen to distract us from the real issues of receiving our overdue singles. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    I wonder if Cant Deny Me is on the new album? Not everyone would like it but they should have just put Ole/ Cant Deny Me on one of these singles, I would have been fine with that. I would prefer that to some live tracks. Maybe it was decided to use some demos or alt versions of the new album tracks and so it has to come out first.
    Yeah. That. Unless CDM is on the record. But yeah, press Ole. 
  • JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    JB16057 said:

It was a purposely vague statement. The album and its production are completely separate from the singles and their production and don't have anything to do with each other. 

"in production" could have meant that all 5 band members were given a CD with tracks to choose and they are waiting to hear from all 5, or it could be its getting pressed. I'd err on the former than the latter. 

It does stand to reason because the band spent time together putting the record together, that they chose singles. Its possible we'll see them soon. 

This whole thing is disrespectful and the album announcement adds to that disrespect. I think they should have handled their old business before starting new business. They could at least communicate what is going on. You are right. That statement was vague and I believe it was dishonest. They know the exact date that they'll have new vinyl records available for us to purchase but they can't give us any information regarding the vinyl records we paid for years ago.
  • pulling69pulling69 Posts: 983
    Can we set up a class action lawsuit? It really is pretty shitty that this has taken so long....I spent that money years ago!
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

This whole thing is disrespectful and the album announcement adds to that disrespect. I think they should have handled their old business before starting new business. They could at least communicate what is going on. You are right. That statement was vague and I believe it was dishonest. They know the exact date that they'll have new vinyl records available for us to purchase but they can't give us any information regarding the vinyl records we paid for years ago.
    Sure, I guess. Doesn't bother me though. Its only $30-40 or whatever the value of 2 singles and some magazines are. 
    pulling69 said:
    Can we set up a class action lawsuit? It really is pretty shitty that this has taken so long....I spent that money years ago!
    YESSSSSSSSSS
  • KV4053KV4053 Posts: 1,503
    pulling69 said:
    YESSSSSSSSSS

We must develop and maintain the capacity to forgive. He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love. There is some good in the worst of us and some evil in the best of us. When we discover this, we are less prone to hate our enemies.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
This discussion has been closed.