Options

Hey how about those 2 missing Ten Club singles!

Comments

• Options
    JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    10c is just as much to blame as the band members. They've both let this get out of control. We've never received an apology from either entity. When someone emails to ask about the singles and DEEP, the 10c does reply and they say they are sorry. That is only an employee saying sorry under obligation so I don't accept that as being genuine.

By this point, I would accept a genuine apology from any 1 member of Pearl Jam. I would hope it would explain what the issue has been. I don't care about the small details but there has to be some reason that this has been dropped and ignored for 3 years. If the apology seemed genuine, I would accept it even without an explanation. The 10c sends a monthly email newsletter. How hard would it be to have any member of Pearl Jam write something up and apologize to their biggest fans? 

I've had a cover band for the last 15 years. We play classic rock and live in a smallish community and are extremely popular. I can't imagine treating my fans with disrespect like this. The fans are what made us and continue to drive us. Pearl Jam need to own up for doing their fans wrong. I love Pearl Jam but I'm very disappointed at this happening in the first place but it's just disgraceful how they still let this continue. I will still support the band and the 10c but I hope this gets resolved in a timely and justifiable manner.
  • Options
    +1
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,793
    on2legs said:
    JB16057 said:
    FR181798 said:
    So no mention in this months newsletter. 🤣

Nope.... They'd rather start a whole new marketing campaign instead of making things right first. If you look hard enough at the waterfalls, it isn't actually water. It's our annual singles falling into the sea of "no one cares". They aren't sorry about any of this. I would love for them to correct me but instead they want us to go on a scavenger hunt.

I think it's bizarre that no one has ever apologized for this happening. I would hope that the band isn't so disconnected from the fans that they just don't care about this situation. I don't believe they do.

I'm sorry.
    Image result for tyson laughing gif
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,793
    JB16057 said:
    10c is just as much to blame as the band members. They've both let this get out of control. We've never received an apology from either entity. When someone emails to ask about the singles and DEEP, the 10c does reply and they say they are sorry. That is only an employee saying sorry under obligation so I don't accept that as being genuine.

By this point, I would accept a genuine apology from any 1 member of Pearl Jam. I would hope it would explain what the issue has been. I don't care about the small details but there has to be some reason that this has been dropped and ignored for 3 years. If the apology seemed genuine, I would accept it even without an explanation. The 10c sends a monthly email newsletter. How hard would it be to have any member of Pearl Jam write something up and apologize to their biggest fans? 

I've had a cover band for the last 15 years. We play classic rock and live in a smallish community and are extremely popular. I can't imagine treating my fans with disrespect like this. The fans are what made us and continue to drive us. Pearl Jam need to own up for doing their fans wrong. I love Pearl Jam but I'm very disappointed at this happening in the first place but it's just disgraceful how they still let this continue. I will still support the band and the 10c but I hope this gets resolved in a timely and justifiable manner.
    Image result for lions and tigers and bears oh my gif
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    JB16057 said:
     I hope this gets resolved in a timely and justifiable manner.
    I'm sorry dude, but the expiration date for that has already passed. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    I just find it unusual that 10c can provide great customer service on some things and then barely any mention of the singles. Does seem like their hands are tied over the issue for some reason. Why they cant communicate whats going on is odd. I always think communication from 10c could be better. Id prefer emails to forum messages just because it saves me having to look for the information but I seem to be in the minority on that one.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,984
    Some of what we are hearing about the new album indicates they have a new batch of unused songs. Maybe a couplafew of them will surface as the missing singles.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Maybe there is some type of litigation going on and they cant say...
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,022
    The more the 10c comment on it with no update ("sorry for the wait, no new news since August!"), it becomes a passive aggressive call out of the band. Who are their employers and they probably like working for the band, so they don't do that. So thats part of the reason they don't address it.

The onus is on the band. Though I'm sure something will crop up sooner than later because they had been in the stdio and they are about to put out some tunes.

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,947
    the club has zero to do with this. they take direction from the band. case closed. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    +1
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    the club has zero to do with this. they take direction from the band. case closed. 
    While this is true, the club are the ones that take the money and should be communicating. Tim is right though, if all 10c can are able to say is that there is no update then it doesnt reflect good on the band. Its got to the point where its quite a serious amount of money paid with essentially items owed.
  • Options
    Doesn't reflect well at all. Disappointing. 

My expectations for single was generally low, they could probably send pretty much anything and most of us would be happy. They have already moved away from unreleased originals as holiday singles - more of collaborations or live versions. Just pick a couple and be done with it. Use London, ON 2013, or any old show that's been remastered. It's more the principle than anything. 
  • Options
    dadesdades Posts: 321
    With all the music they have in the archives how hard is for them to pick 4 songs to put out. 
    Any songs will do, then we can start bitching about why they never picked the ones we wanted....
    Glasgow Cathouse 1992
    Glasgow S.E.C.C. 2000
    Shepherds Bush 2009 - M.E.N 2009 - London O2 2009
    Boston 2010 - Newark 2010 - MSG1+2 2010 - Dublin 2010 - Belfast 2010
    London 2010
    Manchester 1+2 2012 EV Manchester 2012 EV London 31/7/2012
    Philly 1+2 2013 - Hartford 2013
    Berlin 2014 Leeds 2014
    Fenway 2 2016
    EV London 1+2 2017
    London 1+2 - Berlin 2018
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    dades said:
    With all the music they have in the archives how hard is for them to pick 4 songs to put out. 
    Any songs will do, then we can start bitching about why they never picked the ones we wanted....
    They can't just pick any 4.  It has to be the 4 laziest and lamest songs.  Not easy to find.
  • Options
    Do we have any lawyers in the club? Class action lawsuit? Those seem to be popular these days.
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,364
    Do we have any lawyers in the club? Class action lawsuit? Those seem to be popular these days.
    :lol:
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 4,010
    Well if can’t deny me isn’t in the new album then at least we can say that it was in hindsight a new unreleased track as that years single 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,309

• Options
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    I was being sarcastic but seriously, do we?
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Yes, I know of at least one. Our fan base encompasses a variety of careers. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,947
    someone already sent a complaint to someone official. i can't remember who, but tim sent a letter to them saying that there is no guarantee by the club to deliver the goods in any specific time frame, just that they will be delivered. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,319
    edited January 2020
    someone already sent a complaint to someone official. i can't remember who, but tim sent a letter to them saying that there is no guarantee by the club to deliver the goods in any specific time frame, just that they will be delivered. 
    Which is a laughable backed-into-a-corner stance on/response to the situation. 
  • Options
    Is there a plan for something replacing it? Or did the removal of it end up only as the fanclub getting a bigger $$ margin on that membership tier?

Like when Apotekarnes, the maker of the Swedish Christmas beverage Julmust (which Coca-Cola hates that they can't compete with) made their bottles 1,4 litres instead of 1,5 litres but kept the price.

As in, members paying the same for less?

@Santos L. Halper  @Rubysdad @Kelly Curtis @eddievedder

(I'm hoping for collectible figures)

The holidays are over. Any response @Santos L. Halper  @Rubysdad @Kelly Curtis @eddievedder
  • Options
    So can that work the other way, for example they can send me the new record and I’ll pay them in 2023. That seems right. 
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,147
    Releasing an album and going on tour will have me not thinking about these for a while.  Smart move. :)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,393
    I’m a tad bothered by the lack of progress/information on this, but it truly is the least of my worries right now. I hope we receive them, of course...but I’m not going to lose sleep over it.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    I'm hoping they add up the previous missed mags/singles and give those who have been members since the missing xmas stuff a free download of the new record (or some type of lost dogs 2). I'm positive the band isn't just going to completely forget about them. Guarantee something nice is coming for all of us! 
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,309
    I'm hoping they add up the previous missed mags/singles and give those who have been members since the missing xmas stuff a free download of the new record (or some type of lost dogs 2). I'm positive the band isn't just going to completely forget about them. Guarantee something nice is coming for all of us! 
    Yeah, I'm reserving judgment until I see the final product. If they go above and beyond, I think all is cool. EPs and/or tracks that didn't make the new album, etc.
This discussion has been closed.