Options

Hey how about those 2 missing Ten Club singles!

Comments

• Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,277
    musicsam3 said:
    So...about those singles?
    Still no word other than the 2 months ago "they're coming"
    They’re too busy celebrating 10 Years Of Backspacer...
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,425
    musicsam3 said:
    Tuesday. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,930
    Can take 4 months to press the single. 
  • Options
    disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    They only said that to appease the masses. They gave absolutely no time-frame, so watch your mailbox September of 2023.
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,771
    musicsam3 said:

Such has been operations for years and years...nothing new to see here. It can't be easy to receive and repack thousands of the same item.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    twmillstwmills Milwaukee Posts: 54

Sorry if this is the wrong thread, but is this regarding that email we received last month about the 2017/2018 Ten Club singles they plan on sending out?

I haven't heard much about it since that email and came on these message boards to find out more about it.

Thanks 

• Options
    twmills said:

Sorry if this is the wrong thread, but is this regarding that email we received last month about the 2017/2018 Ten Club singles they plan on sending out?

I haven't heard much about it since that email and came on these message boards to find out more about it.

Thanks 

Yes.  Well, the thread is about the singles, or lack thereof, and it has devolved since it is the internet. 
    The email was the most recent information.
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,807
    Will this be the month?
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 1,999
    demetrios said:
    Will this be the month?
    No.
  • Options
    tdawe said:
    demetrios said:
    Will this be the month?
    No.

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,783
    I hear they are going to be pressed on solid gold from all the money we spent/spend on their other stuff. It takes time to melt gold.
    Plus Stone wants them to be biodegradable, so this will take a while longer.
    I will likely die before we see these, and it really wont matter that much pikachu.
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,700
    Was just thinking about the singles.  After 15 years I have cancelled my Ten Club membership (Digital) which is going to expire on November 29 and would love to receive my download before that happens. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,831
    E.K said:
    Was just thinking about the singles.  After 15 years I have cancelled my Ten Club membership (Digital) which is going to expire on November 29 and would love to receive my download before that happens. 
    you'll still be able to access it, according to 10c. i asked them. you will receive an email with a direct link to the download. 

so they say. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    Does anyone have the stencil that came from the 2nd most recent DEEP magazine? I would like to get one for a project I’m working on. I can’t find mine. I plan on using the stencil so if it’s already been used, I’m okay with that. Please let me know. I would very much appreciate it. 

-DMW
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    Good luck DMW
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,831
    Does anyone have the stencil that came from the 2nd most recent DEEP magazine? I would like to get one for a project I’m working on. I can’t find mine. I plan on using the stencil so if it’s already been used, I’m okay with that. Please let me know. I would very much appreciate it. 

-DMW
    pm me your deets. mine is yours. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    E.K said:
    you'll still be able to access it, according to 10c. i asked them. you will receive an email with a direct link to the download. 

so they say. 
    Sounds like bs to me 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,709
    If the time it's taking to get the owed Christmas singles out were like interest on credit cards we might get a double album out of the deal.  I would be cool with that.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    stratmadstratmad Posts: 208
    They only said that to appease the masses. They gave absolutely no time-frame, so watch your mailbox September of 2023.

So soon? That’s awfully optimistic.  B)
  • Options
    stratmad said:

At the rate they are going the band and most of their fans will be in the old folks home before the Single comes.  
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Will this slip into 2020 and be the latest singles yet.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,709
    E.K said:
    stratmad said:

At the rate they are going the band and most of their fans will be in the old folks home before the Single comes.  
    Maybe that's the idea- wait until we're so old we start getting forgetful.  I'm already getting that way. 

I can see it now- a few years down the road my wife comes home from the post office with a package and says, "Honey, look, your Pearl Jam singles finally arrived!"

"Pearls?" (Old man shakes his cane)  "I didn't order any golldang pearls.  Send 'em back!!"
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    I'm optimistic the singles will be addressed tomorrow.
  • Options
    Remember when 10C member numbers were printed on the mailing labels? I can't remember if this was a thing with the most-recent singles..
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options

Remember when 10C member numbers were printed on the mailing labels? I can't remember if this was a thing with the most-recent singles..
    I did. Most recent singles & deep mag combos didn't have our 10club numbers on the mailer. Well, that I can remember.

• Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    First couple of issues of Deep had addresses and numbers printed on the back of the magazine itself if I remember.
  • Options
    stratmadstratmad Posts: 208
    edited November 2019
    These singles are giving G n’R’s Chinese Democracy a run for its money in terms of ”will it ever happen”. Whatever these turn out to be if and when they ever do drop will unlikely be good enough given the long wait, hope and speculation. 

Clearly the band hasn’t given the annual singles much time or effort. So let’s just be real: just release some live versions of Even Flow or Better Man or Corduroy and put everyone out of their misery.  You fulfill your obligation and everyone can go home. 
    Post edited by stratmad on
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,000
    Considering Chinese Democracy has about 14 tracks and took about 8 years, that's a little over half a year per track. We've been waiting 2 years for 2 singles. It already passed it.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,971
    edited November 2019
    I hope these last singles, at least one of them, will be actually Christmas themed. 

A lot of fun Christmas songs to cover If they don't want to sit down and write new stuff.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,971
    edited November 2019
    Is there a plan for something replacing it? Or did the removal of it end up only as the fanclub getting a bigger $$ margin on that membership tier?

Like when Apotekarnes, the maker of the Swedish Christmas beverage Julmust (which Coca-Cola hates that they can't compete with) made their bottles 1,4 litres instead of 1,5 litres but kept the price.

As in, members paying the same for less?

@Santos L. Halper  @Rubysdad @Kelly Curtis @eddievedder

(I'm hoping for collectible figures)

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
This discussion has been closed.