Options

Hey how about those 2 missing Ten Club singles!

Comments

• Options
    PB11041 said:
    Poncier said:
    Only shows in 2003 where they would have been in envelopes were MSG.
     Interview from after 2006 tour:

http://www.twofeetthick.com/2006/08/18/the-tft-interview-with-tim-bierman-part-2/

Jessica  But did you have something to do with deciding to move
    over the seniority model for tickets? Was that your call?
    Tim  Everyone got together and tried to figure out how we were
    going to do it. It was just one of those brainstorming ideas.
    Obviously, I can’t remember the specifics of how that happened, but
    what I’m assuming is we got to a point of, “how are we going to do
    this? What can we do to make this ticketing thing work? How can we
    reward the people that have been with us the longest?” And obviously, we’ve had to tweak it a little bit a couple of
    times to make it work right.
    Kathy  Do you mean the decision to move from seniority in blocks
    to number specific?
    Tim  Yeah. It’s much easier than the block system. The block
    system was horrifying and it put an extreme amount of pressure on the
    [10C ticket] person on the day of the show because they had to come to
    the show, get the tickets, make sure they were all there, count them
    out.
    Jessica  I think we found out at the Garden in 2003 when you guys
    did exact for the first time, that was great.

Yeah I think I am confusing people here, I am not saying they were not in blocks, I am just saying mine came in an envelope and was already set, so in theory and probably in practice, someone with a higher number in my block definitely could have had better seats and vice versa.

Every show I went to for those tours there was just a stack of tickets that they were pulling the top tickets from.  The envelops, for me, came later.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    PB11041 said:
    on2legs said:
    PB11041 said:
    on2legs said:
    BF25394 said:
    on2legs said:
    My experience was the same as yours.  I really disliked the distribution system that year.  We were arriving at venues at 10 in the morning just to be sure we got a decent spot in line when the ticket windows opened.  They also were filling out the entire floor section before they moved to the wings. So people with much higher numbers were right next to the stage while we were stuck at the back of the floor.  
    At Nassau Coliseum in 2003, while we waited in the Ten Club line, a girl who had just been to the window walked by in tears.  She was crying happy tears because she had just bought tickets at the box office and they were in the third row.  She was not in the fan club.  When we got to the Ten Club window after waiting in line for an hour, our tickets (Mem. No. 107xxx) were in the 26th row.  That experience was very frustrating.
    I hear you.  Frustrating is a great way to describe it.  I’m glad the ten club listened to the feedback after that tour and change the system after that. 
    Everyone of the shows I used FanClub tix for in 2003 my tickets were handed to me in an envelope and the tickets were already pre-assigned. 
    Out of curiosity... what shows were those?  I think I went to 5 shows that tour and once you got to the front of the line the employees had a huge stack of tickets for each block and they just handed you the top two tickets from the appropriate block. 
    4/28, 4/29, 5/3, 6/29, 7/5, 7/6, 7/8, 7/9, 7/14 were the shows I went to, 4/29, 5/3, 6/29 were the ones I used my ten club for.
    I did the 4/29 Albany show, got 2nd row, and distinctly remember the tickets pulled off a stack when I got to the window. Made a comment to the woman who handed me the tix "some day I'll get here early enough to get the front row" (had driven out from Boston after working a few hours so didn't get to Albany till around 12:30-1PM to get in line)

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,056
    Poncier said:
    PB11041 said:
    on2legs said:
    PB11041 said:
    on2legs said:
    BF25394 said:
    on2legs said:
    My experience was the same as yours.  I really disliked the distribution system that year.  We were arriving at venues at 10 in the morning just to be sure we got a decent spot in line when the ticket windows opened.  They also were filling out the entire floor section before they moved to the wings. So people with much higher numbers were right next to the stage while we were stuck at the back of the floor.  
    At Nassau Coliseum in 2003, while we waited in the Ten Club line, a girl who had just been to the window walked by in tears.  She was crying happy tears because she had just bought tickets at the box office and they were in the third row.  She was not in the fan club.  When we got to the Ten Club window after waiting in line for an hour, our tickets (Mem. No. 107xxx) were in the 26th row.  That experience was very frustrating.
    I hear you.  Frustrating is a great way to describe it.  I’m glad the ten club listened to the feedback after that tour and change the system after that. 
    Everyone of the shows I used FanClub tix for in 2003 my tickets were handed to me in an envelope and the tickets were already pre-assigned. 
    Out of curiosity... what shows were those?  I think I went to 5 shows that tour and once you got to the front of the line the employees had a huge stack of tickets for each block and they just handed you the top two tickets from the appropriate block. 
    4/28, 4/29, 5/3, 6/29, 7/5, 7/6, 7/8, 7/9, 7/14 were the shows I went to, 4/29, 5/3, 6/29 were the ones I used my ten club for.
    I did the 4/29 Albany show, got 2nd row, and distinctly remember the tickets pulled off a stack when I got to the window. Made a comment to the woman who handed me the tix "some day I'll get here early enough to get the front row" (had driven out from Boston after working a few hours so didn't get to Albany till around 12:30-1PM to get in line)

Here's where things get weird. I didn't get out there and pick up my tickets for that Albany show until 4-5pm and I got 1st row. First and only time.
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    Poncier said:
    PB11041 said:
    on2legs said:
    PB11041 said:
    on2legs said:
    BF25394 said:
    on2legs said:

Here's where things get weird. I didn't get out there and pick up my tickets for that Albany show until 4-5pm and I got 1st row. First and only time.
    Shenanigans!!

:lol:
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    pjl44 said:
    Poncier said:
    PB11041 said:
    on2legs said:
    PB11041 said:
    on2legs said:
    BF25394 said:
    on2legs said:

Shenanigans!!

Everyone gather your ticket stubs, parking and toll receipts. I'm calling the Attorney General!
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    pjl44 said:
    Poncier said:
    pjl44 said:
    Poncier said:
    PB11041 said:
    on2legs said:
    PB11041 said:
    on2legs said:
    BF25394 said:
    on2legs said:

Shenanigans!!

Everyone gather your ticket stubs, parking and toll receipts. I'm calling the Attorney General!
    Just stop already.  Good god.
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    Poncier said:
    pjl44 said:
    Poncier said:
    PB11041 said:
    on2legs said:
    PB11041 said:
    on2legs said:
    BF25394 said:
    on2legs said:

Shenanigans!!

The adults are trying to have a jovial conversation 

• Options
    pjl44 said:
    Poncier said:
    pjl44 said:
    Poncier said:
    PB11041 said:
    on2legs said:
    PB11041 said:
    on2legs said:
    BF25394 said:
    on2legs said:

Shenanigans!!

• Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,970
    Has anyone done anything creative or artistic with their 10C singles?

I'm thinking of some kind of wall mounted display for them once the last couple have been delivered. 

Any suggestions ot inspirations?
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,010
    dudeman said:
    Has anyone done anything creative or artistic with their 10C singles?

I'm thinking of some kind of wall mounted display for them once the last couple have been delivered. 

Any suggestions ot inspirations?

9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center
  • Options
    philobeddoephilobeddoe Kennessee Posts: 192
    I recently resleeved mine with new anti-static inner and rigid outer sleeves. Now, I'm trying to nail down a design and choose materials for a classy custom box to house them.
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,205
    Enzed said:
    Are they coming yet?
    they’re coming for you.
  • Options
    ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,010
    I recently resleeved mine with new anti-static inner and rigid outer sleeves. Now, I'm trying to nail down a design and choose materials for a classy custom box to house them.
    Where'd you get those outer sleeves?

9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    ski-bum said:

Can't answer specifically for philobeddoe, but I found these at Bags Unlimited.
  • Options
    ski-bum said:

I get mine from one of my local Nashville stops. You can get 'em direct from the manufacturer here - 
    https://www.bcwsupplies.com/45-rpm-record-topload-holder?amp=1
  • Options
    I know it says it will not harm cards, etc..., but will this cause the same fogging on the records as other PVC sleeves?
  • Options
    Oh wow, I didn’t know they made toploaders for vinyl! 
  • Options
    I know it says it will not harm cards, etc..., but will this cause the same fogging on the records as other PVC sleeves?
    Ive been using these rigid, top-loading outers for a few years with no problems. The inners are HDPE lined paper from Sleeve City, haven't seen any fogging on the vinyl. 
  • Options
    They make top loaders for everything. Except 4k Blu-Ray Steelbooks. Had to import those.
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,908
    Ive been using these rigid, top-loading outers for a few years with no problems. The inners are HDPE lined paper from Sleeve City, haven't seen any fogging on the vinyl. 
    good to know. Thanks.

• Options
    They make top loaders for everything. Except 4k Blu-Ray Steelbooks. Had to import those.
    Ha, yeah the trading card industry has gone overboard with toploaders. With all the relic cards and book cards out now, so many different pt thickness toploaders available.  That's cool that it's branching out to other collectibles!
  • Options
    EnzedEnzed NZ Posts: 479
    AndySlash said:
    Enzed said:
    Are they coming yet?
    they’re coming for you.
    Better hide under my bed then.
    Auckland 1 1995
    Auckland 1998
    EV (Neil Finn and Friends, April 2, 2001)
    Auckland 2009
    Auckland 2014
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    For anyone wondering, I asked 10C how to get the downloads if they show up in our accounts and you are no longer a member:

Hello,

Hope you have been well!! Thank you for reaching out. We are sorry to hear you are canceling your Membership.

We will be sending an email when these are ready to begin shipping & these will also be available to download.

Make sure to keep your Primary Shipping Address up to date in your account. Remember to delete any outdated addresses from here as well.

• Should you change your mind, we currently allow for a 90 Day Grace Period to retain your Member Number Only should you decide to Renew in the future.

Please add donotreply@pearljam.com & shipping@tenclub.net to your email address book so you will not miss updates.

Be sure to stay posted to the site and forum for any future updates.

Have a Beautiful Weekend!~
    PEACE!!!
    Best Wishes,
    10c

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    ski-bum said:

I get mine from one of my local Nashville stops. You can get 'em direct from the manufacturer here - 
    Nice, where in Nashville?
  • Options
    MedozK said:
    ski-bum said:

The Great Escape on Charlotte. $11.99 for a 10-pack. Found them in the Madison & Bowling Green locations as well. Must be popular, spot is always empty, usually have to ask if they have any in the back.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,682
    It's fascinating to see this thread pop up now and again.  Every time I see it it's like, "Holy shit, that's right!  I paid for two holiday singles I never received!" 

Back in that late 50's, I sent in/ redeemed  a bunch of bubble gum wrappers for some crappy toy they were going to send me.  If that toy showed up tomorrow, I might have some sort of idea as to how long it will be until the holiday singles show up- like when I'm fuckin' 128 years old! 
    waiting  
    biglaugh

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    MedozK said:
    ski-bum said:

The Great Escape on Charlotte. $11.99 for a 10-pack. Found them in the Madison & Bowling Green locations as well. Must be popular, spot is always empty, usually have to ask if they have any in the back.
    Nice, been there many times. Don’t go as much as I used to after they opened a store in Murfreesboro.
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Things are definitely slow on the new Pearl Jam music front that there's so much chat about what kind of plastic we protect our records in. I suspect that space needle time capsule may be opened before we see these final singles.
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    I just use the thick polythene sleeves btw. They are not very transparent and open at the ends but on the plus side they dont go brittle, sturdy enough for handling, dont split easy. They have a bit of stretch in them to fit some slightly oversize sleeves. Thought about going down the whole blake sleeve route but it seems a waste of plastic to get rid of what Ive got. Dont like sealing sleeves either. Ive probably got around 500 records as well where Ive given up and just kept the opened shrink on. 
  • Options
    musicsam3musicsam3 Posts: 233
    So...about those singles?
    Still no word other than the 2 months ago "they're coming"
This discussion has been closed.