Options

Where would you rather live the US or Sweden

Comments

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Canada
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    I'm at my third holiday week of 5 payed (little more $$$ than when working). We get that every ear, If i manage to leave my sofa and slip, break a leg, I go to my doctor and get that taken care of, for free. So I think I'm staying in Sweden :-)

Oh, yes, we keep that damn rapper in custody, he wont get a chance to skip his sentence. He can't pay his way out of here as in the US :-)
    The only way you get “free” healthcare is if you do not pay taxes and still get it (even though you are mooching off others at that point), and from what I understand, Sweden taxes are pretty high.  Also, I was thinking, I have the option where I work to work less days throughout the year.  I choose not to because working more days increases my yearly income.  I guarantee companies factor in how many days you work into your overall yearly income.  Are you sure you are not getting scammed with a lower overall yearly income due to those “payed vacation days”?  
    If the data in the article below is accurate, and he makes a good case, if Sweden was a US state, it would be comparable with Kentucky in regards to disposable income:
    https://mises.org/wire/when-it-comes-household-income-sweden-and-germany-rank-kentucky

You may get a lot of vacation days, but can you afford to travel the world while you’re off or just to stay at home on your couch?  I don’t mind working a lot of days if it means I can enjoy the fruits of my labor when I’m on vacation.
    Whats is it like to know everything?  Because when it comes to taxes that Canadians pay, you have no fuckin clue, and you have no clue about Canada.  I could care a less how much you pay for health insurance.  Do not like how much you pay, then work toward a better system.  Jesus, you need to buy better Cannabis...you act like you know everything, when in fact you have NO fuckin clue how Canada works...
    Remind me where I mentioned Canada?  Maybe you need better cannabis?
    I never said you said Canada.  Don't be be be ignorant.  If you had actually paid attention you'd realize any citizen of any country who has universal health care does not consider it a burden...but you are just like flapping your gums about how great and responsible you are...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited July 2019
    U.S.A.
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    I'm at my third holiday week of 5 payed (little more $$$ than when working). We get that every ear, If i manage to leave my sofa and slip, break a leg, I go to my doctor and get that taken care of, for free. So I think I'm staying in Sweden :-)

Oh, yes, we keep that damn rapper in custody, he wont get a chance to skip his sentence. He can't pay his way out of here as in the US :-)
    The only way you get “free” healthcare is if you do not pay taxes and still get it (even though you are mooching off others at that point), and from what I understand, Sweden taxes are pretty high.  Also, I was thinking, I have the option where I work to work less days throughout the year.  I choose not to because working more days increases my yearly income.  I guarantee companies factor in how many days you work into your overall yearly income.  Are you sure you are not getting scammed with a lower overall yearly income due to those “payed vacation days”?  
    If the data in the article below is accurate, and he makes a good case, if Sweden was a US state, it would be comparable with Kentucky in regards to disposable income:
    https://mises.org/wire/when-it-comes-household-income-sweden-and-germany-rank-kentucky

You may get a lot of vacation days, but can you afford to travel the world while you’re off or just to stay at home on your couch?  I don’t mind working a lot of days if it means I can enjoy the fruits of my labor when I’m on vacation.
    Whats is it like to know everything?  Because when it comes to taxes that Canadians pay, you have no fuckin clue, and you have no clue about Canada.  I could care a less how much you pay for health insurance.  Do not like how much you pay, then work toward a better system.  Jesus, you need to buy better Cannabis...you act like you know everything, when in fact you have NO fuckin clue how Canada works...
    Remind me where I mentioned Canada?  Maybe you need better cannabis?
    I never said you said Canada.  Don't be be be ignorant.  If you had actually paid attention you'd realize any citizen of any country who has universal health care does not consider it a burden...but you are just like flapping your gums about how great and responsible you are...
    Whatever dude, didn’t mean to ruffle your feathers...I wasn’t attacking universal healthcare, anyway, just the notion that it is “free”.  Stop “being being being” ignorant, lol.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,065
    Canada
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

We seem to travel the world more than you do - while not having an uniquely shitty health care system, but instead having one that all of the modern world has a variant off.

Also look at your health care prices you ignorant little person:

And look at you living  a bunch of years shorter:

But being egoistic and selfish and not caring about other people I guess is the US most important trait. You are living the stereotype. 

And yes, again - In sweden you can hunt, and own rifles - we have 70% forrest. 
    And you are just being flat out ignorant and obviously didn’t read where Sweden is better compared to Kentucky (population wise and finance wise).  Thanks for playing though...
    And yes, I totally plan on hunting moose in Sweden some day.  I’ll give the taxidermist your number so you will have something to hang on your wall.
    Way to site your sources, btw...I thought Sweden’s education system was better than that...
    Stereotypical Swedey, rude and bitter.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Canada
    PJPOWER said:
    benjs said:
    eddiec said:
    PJPOWER said:

We seem to travel the world more than you do - while not having an uniquely shitty health care system, but instead having one that all of the modern world has a variant off.

I'm actually surprised the US ranks that high in trips per year. However, there are several factors why Americans don't travel abroad as often as other countries. The insular mindset of many Americans aside, if you live in Europe and fly 2 1/2 hours in any direction, you can visit a plethora of countries. For many Americans, you can fly the same distance and not leave the country, and to cross the oceans you're looking at 7+ hours minimum. When you factor in the holiday time Americans receive, a week holiday flying to Europe is really 4-5 days of vacation time. I'd like to see a distance travelled added to that graph.

I travel to a lot of PJ shows in Europe with an Irish friend of mine. He is always shocked by the amount of Americans that fly over for the shows. There is definitely a distinct gap between Americans who travel abroad and those who don't. I don't know if it's more or less than other countries but I would suspect there is a greater divide in America than other countries, especially European ones.
    I agree with your stance here. America also has a huge amount of cultural diversity within the country from coast to coast. I'd also expect that a good chunk of Canada's 'out of country' travel is directly to the States. 
    Exactly, I would much rather travel within country these days than abroad (mainly due to disliking airports).  We have so much to see here; The Grand Canyon, Yellowstone.  If I feel like flying, I can always go to Alaska or Hawaii without a passport.  Why would I want to visit the rude Swedes?  
    Maybe to go moose hunting..,but I can do that in the US too.

You were the one bringing up "travelling the world". And you fell flat on your face. And now you're backpedaling which is a lot of fun to witness.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    U.S.A.
    PJPOWER said:
    benjs said:
    eddiec said:
    PJPOWER said:

I'm actually surprised the US ranks that high in trips per year. However, there are several factors why Americans don't travel abroad as often as other countries. The insular mindset of many Americans aside, if you live in Europe and fly 2 1/2 hours in any direction, you can visit a plethora of countries. For many Americans, you can fly the same distance and not leave the country, and to cross the oceans you're looking at 7+ hours minimum. When you factor in the holiday time Americans receive, a week holiday flying to Europe is really 4-5 days of vacation time. I'd like to see a distance travelled added to that graph.

I travel to a lot of PJ shows in Europe with an Irish friend of mine. He is always shocked by the amount of Americans that fly over for the shows. There is definitely a distinct gap between Americans who travel abroad and those who don't. I don't know if it's more or less than other countries but I would suspect there is a greater divide in America than other countries, especially European ones.
    I agree with your stance here. America also has a huge amount of cultural diversity within the country from coast to coast. I'd also expect that a good chunk of Canada's 'out of country' travel is directly to the States. 
    Exactly, I would much rather travel within country these days than abroad (mainly due to disliking airports).  We have so much to see here; The Grand Canyon, Yellowstone.  If I feel like flying, I can always go to Alaska or Hawaii without a passport.  Why would I want to visit the rude Swedes?  

You were the one bringing up "travelling the world". And you fell flat on your face. And now you're backpedaling which is a lot of fun to witness.
    Whatever you say, Kentucky Chaos.
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,120
    U.S.A.
    PJPOWER said:
    benjs said:
    eddiec said:
    PJPOWER said:

You do realize that if you live in the US you have a wide range of options for travel and never leave the country right?  I mean, I know in sweden you get to choose between which town full of white people you want to walk to, but here it can take an airplane to go from one place to the next and the topography, climate, culture, and people are all different. It's amazing. 

It is also much cheaper for someone in europe to travel to other countries...and due to size they can obviously hit many.  I wish travel was cheaper.  I've been to europe each of the last 2 years...but due to cost, going to have to take a break I think.  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Canada
    PJPOWER said:
    benjs said:
    eddiec said:
    PJPOWER said:

You do realize that if you live in the US you have a wide range of options for travel and never leave the country right? 
    You do realize uninformed @PJPOWER was the one who used "travelling the world" right?

@PJPOWER "You may get a lot of vacation days, but can you afford to travel the world while you’re off or just to stay at home on your couch?  I don’t mind working a lot of days if it means I can enjoy the fruits of my labor when I’m on vacation."

So here you have again, to show how ignorant he is:

And lets add this again also, because it fits the thread:

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    U.S.A.
    PJPOWER said:
    benjs said:
    eddiec said:
    PJPOWER said:

You do realize that if you live in the US you have a wide range of options for travel and never leave the country right? 
    You do realize uninformed @PJPOWER was the one who used "travelling the world" right?

@PJPOWER "You may get a lot of vacation days, but can you afford to travel the world while you’re off or just to stay at home on your couch?  I don’t mind working a lot of days if it means I can enjoy the fruits of my labor when I’m on vacation."

Still waiting on your site references...And it is still interesting that your graph shows that Americans take more trips than Swedes overall since you guys have way more vacation days. (international travel aside).  It kinda proves the main point that I was getting at.  Shouldn’t you guys be taking way more trips with all of those extra days?
    But I doubt the people of Kentucky (a good state to compare with Sweden)can afford all of those fun trips either.
    Remind me where I specifically said traveling the world meant international traveling?  US citizens can see a lot of the world while still traveling domestically (remember Hawaii and Alaska).  Hell, where I live, it is closer to fly to Jamaica than NYC or Seattle, so I see more “world”, staying in the US in many instances.
    I forget how “small” you guys are (geographically of course):

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Canada
    PJPOWER said:
    Remind me where I specifically said traveling the world meant international traveling?  

• Options
    edited July 2019
    U.S.A.
    PJPOWER said:
    Remind me where I specifically said traveling the world meant international traveling?  

Whatever you say Kentucky Chaos.  I just noticed how Sweden resembles a limp dick with Finland being the balls of the region...Probably an accurate portrayal there as well, ha!
  • Options
    U.S.A.

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    "Absolutely nothing's changed".

Jesus fucking christ, is it possible to discuss, even argue, without taking shots in the process?
  • Options
    U.S.A.
    hedonist said:
    "Absolutely nothing's changed".

Jesus fucking christ, is it possible to discuss, even argue, without taking shots in the process?
    Not in this thread, lol
  • Options
    Canada
    I think there should be a group 10 club road trip to Sweden...I'm sure SC would show us aa good time...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,804
    USA USA USA!

• Options
    U.S.A.
    I think there should be a group 10 club road trip to Sweden...I'm sure SC would show us aa good time...
    Only if it involves a moose hunt!
  • Options
    Canada
    PJPOWER said:
    Only if it involves a moose hunt!
    Of course, it will, SC will be our guide and chef...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,570
    Canada
    PJPOWER said:

Still waiting on your site references...And it is still interesting that your graph shows that Americans take more trips than Swedes overall since you guys have way more vacation days. (international travel aside).  It kinda proves the main point that I was getting at.  Shouldn’t you guys be taking way more trips with all of those extra days?
    But I doubt the people of Kentucky (a good state to compare with Sweden)can afford all of those fun trips either.
    Remind me where I specifically said traveling the world meant international traveling?  US citizens can see a lot of the world while still traveling domestically (remember Hawaii and Alaska).  Hell, where I live, it is closer to fly to Jamaica than NYC or Seattle, so I see more “world”, staying in the US in many instances.

There is real point here. I have noticed the Europeans really don't quite "get" what it's like for Canadians and Americans when it comes to travel. Like someone said already, it is SO cheap and easy for Europeans to travel from country to country. But here, especially in Canada, it is super expensive just to fly without our own massive countries, let alone to other countries. And just the time it takes... I remember my ex, who was from France, couldn't seem to adjust his thinking to match the enormity of Canada's landmass. He seemed to think it was odd that we didn't travel a lot to other parts of Canada. He once had to go to Toronto for a conference, and while he knew where it was on a map, he still thought that taking a quick train there was a viable option. When I told him that the train ride to get there would take 4 days or so, he seemed shocked. And he would suggest that we drive to places for a quick weekend road trip, and I'd be like, um, dude, that's like a 20 hour drive one way! He was just so used to easily being able to move from place to place in France/Europe - the idea of being so limited by your geography was almost like a foreign concept.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Canada
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:

There is real point here. I have noticed the Europeans really don't quite "get" what it's like for Canadians and Americans when it comes to travel. Like someone said already, it is SO cheap and easy for Europeans to travel from country to country. But here, especially in Canada, it is super expensive just to fly without our own massive countries, let alone to other countries. And just the time it takes... I remember my ex, who was from France, couldn't seem to adjust his thinking to match the enormity of Canada's landmass. He seemed to think it was odd that we didn't travel a lot to other parts of Canada. He once had to go to Toronto for a conference, and while he knew where it was on a map, he still thought that taking a quick train there was a viable option. When I told him that the train ride to get there would take 4 days or so, he seemed shocked. And he would suggest that we drive to places for a quick weekend road trip, and I'd be like, um, dude, that's like a 20 hour drive one way! He was just so used to easily being able to move from place to place in France/Europe - the idea of being so limited by your geography was almost like a foreign concept.
    It was uninformed @PJPOWER who used "travelling the world", not me because of being a "European" (not someones french ex though :/ ).

@PJPOWER "You may get a lot of vacation days, but can you afford to travel the world while you’re off or just to stay at home on your couch?  I don’t mind working a lot of days if it means I can enjoy the fruits of my labor when I’m on vacation."
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    U.S.A.
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:

It was uninformed @PJPOWER who used "travelling the world", not me because of being a "European" (not someones french ex though :/ ).

@PJPOWER "You may get a lot of vacation days, but can you afford to travel the world while you’re off or just to stay at home on your couch?  I don’t mind working a lot of days if it means I can enjoy the fruits of my labor when I’m on vacation."
    Did I mention that you could travel a fair portion of the world without having to leave the USA?  Oh yeah, several times...Maybe should have just said that we in the US travel more overall than the broke ass Swedes (evidently you guys just sit around and watch B-rated American movies and complain about the USA on your days off???).  Your graphs even show this (although I do not put much weight in your un-cited graphs). 

• Options
    edited July 2019
    U.S.A.
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:

I get the same look of amazement from people in other states when I tell them that you can drive 14 hours one way on some TX highways and still be within the TX state lines.  Alaskans are not impressed, though, ha.
  • Options
    Canada
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:

Did I mention that you could travel a fair portion of the world without having to leave the USA?  Oh yeah, several times...Maybe should have just said that we in the US travel more overall than the broke ass Swedes (evidently you guys just sit around and watch B-rated American movies and complain about the USA on your days off???).  Your graphs even show this (although I do not put much weight in your un-cited graphs). 

• Options
    edited July 2019
    U.S.A.
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:

Whatever Kentucky Chaos.  Why are you afraid to cite your sources?

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,804
    If you guys want to hunt moose come up to New Brunswick.

Canada! Canada! Canada! 

• Options
    edited July 2019
    U.S.A.
    PJNB said:
    If you guys want to hunt moose come up to New Brunswick.

Canada! Canada! Canada! 

I would love to!  I would much rather hang out in Canada than Sweden!  Less threat of being raped in Canada...

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,312
    U.S.A.
    Say what you want about this little country, I respect the fact that they believe no one is above the law......and that's not quite the case here. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Canada
    On that note, ASAP rockys trial starts on the 30th. Lets see If Trump sends in the navy seals for his new black friend. 

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,570
    edited July 2019
    Canada
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:

I wasn't talking about you, or even thinking about you when I wrote that post. I was making a general point. Like I said, a "real" point. Not one related to you and your friends' constant bickering (which is making the AMT intolerable).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,663
    U.S.A.
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:

I get the same look of amazement from people in other states when I tell them that you can drive 14 hours one way on some TX highways and still be within the TX state lines.  Alaskans are not impressed, though, ha.
    To further the point.. I'm sitting in West Palm right now, heading to the DMB show in a bit with my son.  We started yesterday in Miami and spent the evening in Little Havana.  Miami is South America in so many ways.  WPB is a different world.  Tomorrow we head down to the Keys with the rest of the family for a week of snorkeling, boating, fishing, etc.  That area is basically the Caribbean.  So three completely different cultural experiences, in one state, and about 200 miles.  Pretty cool.  
This discussion has been closed.