Options

Where would you rather live the US or Sweden

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,663
    U.S.A.
    cutz said:

G-Eazy says Sweden treated him better than A$AP Rocky because of ‘white privilege’

https://pagesix.com/2019/07/22/g-eazy-says-sweden-treated-him-better-than-aap-rocky-because-of-white-privilege/

G-Eazy believes racism is behind A$AP Rocky‘s lengthy detainment in Sweden.

“This is the sad truth … The difference between me and Rocky’s treatment in Sweden brings to mind two concepts that disgustingly go hand in hand: white privilege and systemic racism,” the “Me, Myself & I” rapper tweeted on Friday. “Let’s call it what it is. He should not be behind bars right now. My heart goes out to @asvpxrocky.”

In May 2018, G-Eazy, 30, was arrested in Stockholm for assault and drug possession.

He did not face jail time after lunging at security during an attack aimed at a fan and police finding him in possession of approximately 1.5 ounces of cocaine. Instead, he paid a $9,000 fine and restitution to the victim.

Rocky has been detained for more than two weeks at the Kronoberg Detention Center in Stockholm, while prosecutors investigate a June 30 street fight involving Rocky, two members of his team, including his bodyguard.

The Swedish Prosecution Authority announced Monday that all charges against one of Rocky’s alleged attackers had been dropped. The second man was never under investigation. Rocky and his team remain detained.

Lead prosecutor Daniel Suneson said in a press release Friday that he filed an extension until July 25 to decide how to indict Rocky.

President Donald Trump vowed over the weekend that the White House would intervene by having conversations with the Swedish Prime Minister. However, the Swedish Prosecution Authority previously told us it is “not possible for the US President to have any influence on the Swedish legal procedure.”
    mrussel1 said:
    Assault and coke is a fine... yeah justice is blind. 
    G-Eazy and mrussel1 know shit of what they're talking about. He confessed on the spot and no 500 page investigation was needed to untangle what had happend. No bottle was used either. But keep jerking of ASAP Rocky for whatever reason. #freerocky

Justice is A MILLION TIMES more blind in Sweden than in the US where Justice is raped. Justice is gone. Pulling your strings. Justice is done. if you can't see that or use common sense. That is on you.
    So Rocky is denying being involved in the altercation,  the one on tape.  Is that right? That's why he's been im jail for weeks? He decided that paying a roughly 9k fine is worse than weeks in jail. Correct?
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,070
    edited July 2019
    Canada
    mrussel1 said:
    cutz said:

G-Eazy says Sweden treated him better than A$AP Rocky because of ‘white privilege’

https://pagesix.com/2019/07/22/g-eazy-says-sweden-treated-him-better-than-aap-rocky-because-of-white-privilege/

G-Eazy believes racism is behind A$AP Rocky‘s lengthy detainment in Sweden.

“This is the sad truth … The difference between me and Rocky’s treatment in Sweden brings to mind two concepts that disgustingly go hand in hand: white privilege and systemic racism,” the “Me, Myself & I” rapper tweeted on Friday. “Let’s call it what it is. He should not be behind bars right now. My heart goes out to @asvpxrocky.”

In May 2018, G-Eazy, 30, was arrested in Stockholm for assault and drug possession.

He did not face jail time after lunging at security during an attack aimed at a fan and police finding him in possession of approximately 1.5 ounces of cocaine. Instead, he paid a $9,000 fine and restitution to the victim.

Rocky has been detained for more than two weeks at the Kronoberg Detention Center in Stockholm, while prosecutors investigate a June 30 street fight involving Rocky, two members of his team, including his bodyguard.

The Swedish Prosecution Authority announced Monday that all charges against one of Rocky’s alleged attackers had been dropped. The second man was never under investigation. Rocky and his team remain detained.

Lead prosecutor Daniel Suneson said in a press release Friday that he filed an extension until July 25 to decide how to indict Rocky.

President Donald Trump vowed over the weekend that the White House would intervene by having conversations with the Swedish Prime Minister. However, the Swedish Prosecution Authority previously told us it is “not possible for the US President to have any influence on the Swedish legal procedure.”
    mrussel1 said:
    Assault and coke is a fine... yeah justice is blind. 
    G-Eazy and mrussel1 know shit of what they're talking about. He confessed on the spot and no 500 page investigation was needed to untangle what had happend. No bottle was used either. But keep jerking of ASAP Rocky for whatever reason. #freerocky

Justice is A MILLION TIMES more blind in Sweden than in the US where Justice is raped. Justice is gone. Pulling your strings. Justice is done. if you can't see that or use common sense. That is on you.
    So Rocky is denying being involved in the altercation,  the one on tape.  Is that right? That's why he's been im jail for weeks? He decided that paying a roughly 9k fine is worse than weeks in jail. Correct?
    He is saying he is innocent and it was self defense. The prosecutor said it was grave/gross/serious/ aggravated assault. Three (3) separate courts decided that it was on highest probably grounds within our system a case of Assault and he was a flight risk so that is why he has been in jail while the prosecutor was given time for the investigation (2+1 weeks). After the first 2 weeks the evidence was still strong enough against the suspect that the probably grounds criteria was upheld by three (3) courts when the prosecutor asked for one (1) more week. After that week it went to trial.

Regarding G-Eazy:

But Eric Bylander, professor of litigation at Uppsala University, says that there is no indication that the arrest of ASAP Rocky is about racism.

- However, I am not surprised that it comes up. Issues of racism, especially in the police force, are enormously dominant there (in the USA).

But here there are good reasons other than that it being a question of racism. It is a matter of how easy it is to conduct a preliminary investigation, says Eric Bylander. When G-Eazy was arrested last year, he admitted the crimes. ASAP Rocky has claimed emergency protection.

These are some of the differences between the cases, Eric Bylander points out.

- It seems to be involving more people in this case than in the former one.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    U.S.A.
    Oh so a Swedish professor declared it's not racism.  I didn't realize there was such unassailable evidence as a quote available.  Next time just quote yourself,  it's worth just as little. 
    Your unfettered nationalism is embarrassing.  At least those of us in the states recognize the imperfection of the execution of our system of government.  You're completely blind to yours. 

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Canada
    And for people still sticking to the TMZ-narrative of ASAP Rocky being followed and harassed for hours on hours while ASAP wanted to just look at the Swedish architecture and agriculture (like he claimed in the interrogation). Between the first incident at the fastfood place and the victim being attacked - I think the time elapsed was 5 minutes.

And with this just-now released video you can see what ASAP Rockys bodyguard does that makes the victim and his friend come after and wanting them to pay for the headphones which broke:

https://www.expressen.se/noje/osedda-bilderna-har-lyfter-livvakten-19-aringen/

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Canada
    People defending ASAP Rocky with their TMZ "facts" and the US justice system, attacking Sweden and the handling of this: 0

Swedens justice system, rule of law and actual facts: 1
  • Options
    U.S.A.
    People defending ASAP Rocky with their TMZ "facts" and the US justice system, attacking Sweden and the handling of this: 0

My guess is your knowledge of the Swedish justice system is line with your knowledge of your tax code.  And all of those are just marginally better than your knowledge of anything about the States not associated with a movie. 
  • Options
    Canada
    mrussel1 said:

My guess is your knowledge of the Swedish justice system is line with your knowledge of your tax code.  And all of those are just marginally better than your knowledge of anything about the States not associated with a movie. 
    You sounds a bit snarky. No need for that. I just now updated you on the situation when being asked.
  • Options
    Canada
    mrussel1 said:

And I do know of our "tax code". I doubt your knowledge though with your history of fudging numbers for shady arguments.

Sweden has, as seen by most metrics for a successful society in this 36 page long thread a better tax system. Facts.
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Canada
    mrussel1 said:

Why engage this person at this point...the US could cure Cancer and AIDS and his reply would be negative.  Seems like a waste of time anymore.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    U.S.A.
    mrussel1 said:

Why engage this person at this point...the US could cure Cancer and AIDS and his reply would be negative.  Seems like a waste of time anymore.
    For my own amusement mostly. 
  • Options
    U.S.A.
    mrussel1 said:

And I do know of our "tax code". I doubt your knowledge though with your history of fudging numbers for shady arguments.

Sweden has, as seen by most metrics for a successful society in this 36 page long thread a better tax system. Facts.
    Says the guy that didn't know the marginal rate was in the 50s if income is greater than 1.2.  Hilarious.
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Canada
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

For my own amusement mostly. 
    I kind of figured that... I am amused as well.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Canada
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Says the guy that didn't know the marginal rate was in the 50s if income is greater than 1.2.  Hilarious.
    I don'rt even know what "income greater that 1.2" or "marginal rate" means. I'ts not part of my english vocabulary, I am not an accountant at an international company by trade.

How about taking that in swedish instead toughguy? Lets see how hilarious that would be.

Does "50s" refer to the era you are still stuck in compared to Sweden?

Puss och kram
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,730

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    U.S.A.
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I don'rt even know what "income greater that 1.2" or "marginal rate" means. I'ts not part of my english vocabulary, I am not an accountant at an international company by trade.

How about taking that in swedish instead toughguy? Lets see how hilarious that would be.

Puss och kram
    Oh no way!  Snap!  Was that the internet board equivalent of getting in my face?  

I know you're not an accountant.  You don't understand the expense side of anything for which you advocate,  only the benefit side. In American schools,  it's customary to learn remedial economics.  It's very helpful in life. 
  • Options
    Canada

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Canada
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Puss och kram
    Oh no way!  Snap!  Was that the internet board equivalent of getting in my face?  

I know you're not an accountant.  You don't understand the expense side of anything for which you advocate,  only the benefit side. In American schools,  it's customary to learn remedial economics.  It's very helpful in life. 
    In Swedish schools they can't remove teaching kids about evolution.
  • Options
    U.S.A.
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Puss och kram

They can't in Virginia either,  so I don't what your point is. 
  • Options
    Cute attempt at a comeback but my point here is that Sweden doesn't seem to offer much culturally for the world, and that other than Tom Green putting his bum on you, I don't know a single thing about Swedish entertainment or pop-culture. Where's the bands, movies, and politicians? You are obessed with ours...but I've never heard of any of yours except that Ghost band I saw open for Iron Maiden. 

So what do you have for us? Cause we have a lot for you. Even Trump. Hell, he provides you with something, even if it's only something to bitch about. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Canada
    Cute attempt at a comeback but my point here is that Sweden doesn't seem to offer much culturally for the world, and that other than Tom Green putting his bum on you, I don't know a single thing about Swedish entertainment or pop-culture. Where's the bands, movies, and politicians? You are obessed with ours...but I've never heard of any of yours except that Ghost band I saw open for Iron Maiden. 

So what do you have for us? Cause we have a lot for you. Even Trump. Hell, he provides you with something, even if it's only something to bitch about. 
    I don't think I need to communicate with you anymore. If you have missed this. Then what would be the point?

https://youtu.be/xFrGuyw1V8s

• Options
    Canada
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Puss och kram

I am pretty sure you actually do know what my point is. If "know" is the word you missed there.
  • Options
    U.S.A.
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Puss och kram

I am pretty sure you actually do know what my point is. If "know" is the word you missed there.
    Im sure your point will display an  ignorance of the federal system. 
  • Options
    Canada
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Puss och kram

Im sure your point will display an  ignorance of the federal system. 
    I bet. 
  • Options

I don't think I need to communicate with you anymore. If you have missed this. Then what would be the point?

Oh my god. No way you just referenced ABBA as your fucking cultural export. Wow.

I actually checked some famous Swedish people to be fair. There's Ivan Drago, the nihilist from the Big Lebowski (or Slippery Pete from Seinfeld if you prefer), Tiger Woods' ex-wife, and a bunch people I've never heard of. https://www.thefamouspeople.com/sweden.php

No Pearl Jams or Ocasio-Cortezs over there. That's too bad. I can understand why you're so obessed with America. You got shit. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    so pop culture is where we're at with this comparison? are you SERIOUS? in the age of trump as president, I'd think you americans would do you damnedest to stop using famousness as a measuring stick for global notoriety. jesus h christ. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Canada

Oh my god. No way you just referenced ABBA as your fucking cultural export. Wow.

I actually checked some famous Swedish people to be fair. There's Ivan Drago, the nihilist from the Big Lebowski (or Slippery Pete from Seinfeld if you prefer), Tiger Woods' ex-wife, and a bunch people I've never heard of. https://www.thefamouspeople.com/sweden.php

No Pearl Jams or Ocasio-Cortezs over there. That's too bad. I can understand why you're so obessed with America. You got shit. 
    Would just correct you on one thing. "We got shit" should be "We got a society which was built for and tries to work for its citizens and not for the  rich like the US". 

Otherwise you are pretty correct. Yes. The nihilist (Peter Stormare) from The Big Lebowski etc are swedish.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    so pop culture is where we're at with this comparison? are you SERIOUS? in the age of trump as president, I'd think you americans would do you damnedest to stop using famousness as a measuring stick for global notoriety. jesus h christ. 
    Yeah I am SERIOUS. He's just a troll that's trying to rile everyone up with anti-American bullshit. So why not compare the arts from both countries and note that America has contributed much more to the world in that regard than Sweden has. Or can we only compare politics? Does EVERYTHING need to be about Donald Trump? Jesus H. Christ is right. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    edited July 2019

Would just correct you on one thing. "We got shit" should be "We got a society which was built for and tries to work for its citizens and not for the  rich like the US". 

Otherwise you are pretty correct. Yes. The nihilist (Peter Stormare) from The Big Lebowski etc are swedish.
    Actually "We Got Shit" is a one-stop shop for all your Pearl Jam bootleg needs!

And as I take a quick look at the "page views by country," I see that Sweden isn't in the top-10. Spread the word to your countrymen. I'm not hosting these boots and compilations just for evil Americans. 
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    U.S.A.

Yeah but you're on the "take" side,  blissfully unaware of the "give" side. 
  • Options
    U.S.A.
    So being able to see,  for example,  10 pearl jam shows within 5 hours drive shouldn't be in the plus column for where I live? 
This discussion has been closed.