edited July 2019
    U.S.A.
    rgambs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mickeyrat said:
    rgambs said:
    Where is this free healthcare at?  Healthcare is not free.  And who thinks healthcare does not raise your taxes, well then I got some Alaska swamp land to sell...
    Who said free healthcare?
    isnt that they way its described by certain candidates for potential policy upon election? the way members of the gop deride single payer or universal hc? the way certain media outlets describe it either for or against?
    Only morons think that is a literal term. Everyone else fully understands what is actually meant by "free" healthcare.
    So it's a good thing there aren't any morons out there with the right to vote. 
    Ha, doesn't matter to me - I obviously don't think anyone should be voting against universal healthcare anyway ... Frankly, I also think only morons or brainwashed people are against universal healthcare.
    Are you counting the highly privileged in with the brainwashed?
    People who think they work hard and earn everything...oh man, these people...
    As apposed to the gangstas, druggies or people with face tattoos that cannot get good jobs and blame everything (including the poor decisions they have made) on lack of privilege?

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,570
    Canada
    PJPOWER said:
    rgambs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mickeyrat said:
    rgambs said:
    Where is this free healthcare at?  Healthcare is not free.  And who thinks healthcare does not raise your taxes, well then I got some Alaska swamp land to sell...
    isnt that they way its described by certain candidates for potential policy upon election? the way members of the gop deride single payer or universal hc? the way certain media outlets describe it either for or against?
    Only morons think that is a literal term. Everyone else fully understands what is actually meant by "free" healthcare.
    Ha, doesn't matter to me - I obviously don't think anyone should be voting against universal healthcare anyway ... Frankly, I also think only morons or brainwashed people are against universal healthcare.
    As apposed to the gangstas, druggies or people with face tattoos that cannot get good jobs and blame everything (including the poor decisions they have made) on lack of privilege?

There are so many jobs that people with face tattoos can get now.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    U.S.A.
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    rgambs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mickeyrat said:
    rgambs said:

The circuses and telemarketing agencies can only hire so many...
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,663
    U.S.A.
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mickeyrat said:
    rgambs said:
    Oh, okay, 3rd category: selfish jerks. Although they could arguable fall under the moron category too, since they fail to understand that a healthy society overall, where some aren't suffering due to an inequitable healthcare system (human rights violation) is good for them. I don't, however, include those who simply want to know the details of a smooth transition. That would suggest to me that they support universal healthcare, but just want a transition to it to be as painless as possible.
    Are you using universal healthcare synonymously with Medicare 4 all/ single payer?  Or are you saying that everyone should have healthcare but there are different options to achieve universal?
  • Options
    Canada
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    rgambs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mickeyrat said:
    rgambs said:

No, there a lot more jobs than that. I'm not advocating for people to do that, just saying that doing it isn't necessarily life-ruining anymore. Those people have far more options than they used to, because far more people are open minded about it now.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    U.S.A.
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    rgambs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mickeyrat said:
    rgambs said:

No, there a lot more jobs than that. I'm not advocating for people to do that, just saying that doing it isn't necessarily life-ruining anymore. Those people have far more options than they used to, because far more people are open minded about it now.
    I bet there are...But I am still willing to bet the job market for people with face tattoos is a bit less broad than for people without...but I digress.
  • Options
    Canada
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    rgambs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mickeyrat said:
    rgambs said:

I bet there are...But I am still willing to bet the job market for people with face tattoos is a bit less broad than for people without...but I digress.
    Yes, of course it's less broad... but honestly, people who are deciding to get face tattoos aren't likely too interested in traditional career anyway, lol.
  • Options
    U.S.A.
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    rgambs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mickeyrat said:
    rgambs said:

Yes, of course it's less broad... but honestly, people who are deciding to get face tattoos aren't likely too interested in traditional career anyway, lol.
    Ha, most likely not.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,065
    edited July 2019
    Canada
    Swedish ambassador to the US:
    "It was clear from the very beginning, that there were a bunch of misunderstandings about how our judicial system works."

Swedish ambassador to the US again:
    She (the swedish ambassador to the US) has flown back to Washington where, among other things, she will meet congressmen who demand the release of the American rapper.
     - We understand that there are still misunderstandings. The focus will probably be on the issue of bail, says Olofsdotter to Kulturnytt.

HAHA. So American congressmen are #freeASAP:ing for the media attention and the attention of the black vote(?) but didn't care to know basic fundamental things about the swedish judicial system when they first started tweeting and NOW STILL DON'T KNOW HOW THE LAWS WORK. But still feel the need to yap for attention.

Fucking cable-news-politicans in the US. Funny. 

Embarrassing. The cliche of american ignorance. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Canada
    "It was clear from the very beginning, that there were a bunch of misunderstandings about how our judicial system works."

She (the swedish ambassador to the US) has flown back to Washington where, among other things, she will meet congressmen who demand the release of the American rapper.
     - We understand that there are still misunderstandings. The focus will probably be on the issue of bail, says Olofsdotter to Kulturnytt.

HAHA. So American congressmen are #freeASAP:ing for the media attention and the attention of the black vote(?) but didn't care to know basic fundamental things about the swedish judicial system when they first started tweeting and NOW STILL DON'T KNOW HOW THE LAWS WORK. But still feel the need to yap for attention.

Who cares about this jagoff
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Canada
    As for face tats...who cares.  There decision, live by the decision...I would never hire a moron that tatted up their face and neck...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Canada

Jag gör det. Verkar som att amerikanska politiker inte är mycket att hänga i julgranen. Jag önskar att jag var stjärnan som satt i toppen.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,120
    U.S.A.

Jag gör det. Verkar som att amerikanska politiker inte är mycket att hänga i julgranen. Jag önskar att jag var stjärnan som satt i toppen.
     You want a tree up your butt? Am I reading this right?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    U.S.A.

Maybe they just think the system is stupid.  I think that's probably closer to accurate.  However it's not like I've never run into a Swede yapping their trap about America without understanding the system. 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,754
    Anywhere other than planet earth

Translation:
    I do it. Looks like American politicians are not much to hang out in the Christmas tree. I wish I was the star who sat at the top.

Huh?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Canada
    PJPOWER said:
    I'm at my third holiday week of 5 payed (little more $$$ than when working). We get that every ear, If i manage to leave my sofa and slip, break a leg, I go to my doctor and get that taken care of, for free. So I think I'm staying in Sweden :-)

Oh, yes, we keep that damn rapper in custody, he wont get a chance to skip his sentence. He can't pay his way out of here as in the US :-)
    The only way you get “free” healthcare is if you do not pay taxes and still get it (even though you are mooching off others at that point), and from what I understand, Sweden taxes are pretty high.  Also, I was thinking, I have the option where I work to work less days throughout the year.  I choose not to because working more days increases my yearly income.  I guarantee companies factor in how many days you work into your overall yearly income.  Are you sure you are not getting scammed with a lower overall yearly income due to those “payed vacation days”?  
    If the data in the article below is accurate, and he makes a good case, if Sweden was a US state, it would be comparable with Kentucky in regards to disposable income:
    https://mises.org/wire/when-it-comes-household-income-sweden-and-germany-rank-kentucky

You may get a lot of vacation days, but can you afford to travel the world while you’re off or just to stay at home on your couch?  I don’t mind working a lot of days if it means I can enjoy the fruits of my labor when I’m on vacation.
    Whats is it like to know everything?  Because when it comes to taxes that Canadians pay, you have no fuckin clue, and you have no clue about Canada.  I could care a less how much you pay for health insurance.  Do not like how much you pay, then work toward a better system.  Jesus, you need to buy better Cannabis...you act like you know everything, when in fact you have NO fuckin clue how Canada works...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Canada
    PJPOWER said:
    I'm at my third holiday week of 5 payed (little more $$$ than when working). We get that every ear, If i manage to leave my sofa and slip, break a leg, I go to my doctor and get that taken care of, for free. So I think I'm staying in Sweden :-)

Oh, yes, we keep that damn rapper in custody, he wont get a chance to skip his sentence. He can't pay his way out of here as in the US :-)
    The only way you get “free” healthcare is if you do not pay taxes and still get it (even though you are mooching off others at that point), and from what I understand, Sweden taxes are pretty high.  Also, I was thinking, I have the option where I work to work less days throughout the year.  I choose not to because working more days increases my yearly income.  I guarantee companies factor in how many days you work into your overall yearly income.  Are you sure you are not getting scammed with a lower overall yearly income due to those “payed vacation days”?  
    If the data in the article below is accurate, and he makes a good case, if Sweden was a US state, it would be comparable with Kentucky in regards to disposable income:
    https://mises.org/wire/when-it-comes-household-income-sweden-and-germany-rank-kentucky

You may get a lot of vacation days, but can you afford to travel the world while you’re off or just to stay at home on your couch?  I don’t mind working a lot of days if it means I can enjoy the fruits of my labor when I’m on vacation.
    Except we do not view taking care of our fellow countrymen who for whatever reason are down on their luck.  As a matter of fact, I am confident if a referendum were held today on expanding healthcare to include Pharma, Dental and Vision, I think it would stand a chance of passing...also, healthcare is not a social program its a human right...

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Canada
    mrussel1 said:

Maybe they just think the system is stupid.  I think that's probably closer to accurate.  However it's not like I've never run into a Swede yapping their trap about America without understanding the system. 
    So you think the swedish ambassador have to have a new meeting with them about us not having a bail system, because they "think its stupid"? 

Doesn't make they sound any better

- We don't have a bail system
    - We think that is stupid
    - Well, okey?
    - We are america!
    - Okey?

The cliche of american ignorance. 
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    Canada
    Daniel Suneson decides to indict in Stockholm on Thursday the three Americans. The suspicions are assault of the normal degree.

"I believe that what has happened is a crime, despite the objections of emergency protection and provocation," the prosecutor said in a press release.

- In order to reach that decision, I have, among other things, reviewed the films that were in the investigation. Worth noting is that I have had a larger material to judge than previously available on the internet. In addition to filmed material, there is also support for the plaintiff's information through testimony.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Canada
    PJPOWER said:

We seem to travel the world more than you do - while not having an uniquely shitty health care system, but instead having one that all of the modern world has a variant off.

Also look at your health care prices you ignorant little person:

And look at you living  a bunch of years shorter:

But being egoistic and selfish and not caring about other people I guess is the US most important trait. You are living the stereotype. 

And yes, again - In sweden you can hunt, and own rifles - we have 70% forrest. 
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    U.S.A.
    mrussel1 said:

So you think the swedish ambassador have to have a new meeting with them about us not having a bail system, because they "think its stupid"? 

- Well, okey?
    - We are america!
    - Okey?

So Americans thinking or disagreeing with a Swedish system is ignorance but a Swede taking a swipe and insulting every piece of an American system is not? Please explain that hypocritical stance.  
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    U.S.A.
    PJPOWER said:

We seem to travel the world more than you do - while not having an uniquely shitty health care system, but instead having one that all of the modern world has a variant off.

I'm actually surprised the US ranks that high in trips per year. However, there are several factors why Americans don't travel abroad as often as other countries. The insular mindset of many Americans aside, if you live in Europe and fly 2 1/2 hours in any direction, you can visit a plethora of countries. For many Americans, you can fly the same distance and not leave the country, and to cross the oceans you're looking at 7+ hours minimum. When you factor in the holiday time Americans receive, a week holiday flying to Europe is really 4-5 days of vacation time. I'd like to see a distance travelled added to that graph.

I travel to a lot of PJ shows in Europe with an Irish friend of mine. He is always shocked by the amount of Americans that fly over for the shows. There is definitely a distinct gap between Americans who travel abroad and those who don't. I don't know if it's more or less than other countries but I would suspect there is a greater divide in America than other countries, especially European ones.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940
    eddiec said:
    PJPOWER said:

I'm actually surprised the US ranks that high in trips per year. However, there are several factors why Americans don't travel abroad as often as other countries. The insular mindset of many Americans aside, if you live in Europe and fly 2 1/2 hours in any direction, you can visit a plethora of countries. For many Americans, you can fly the same distance and not leave the country, and to cross the oceans you're looking at 7+ hours minimum. When you factor in the holiday time Americans receive, a week holiday flying to Europe is really 4-5 days of vacation time. I'd like to see a distance travelled added to that graph.

I travel to a lot of PJ shows in Europe with an Irish friend of mine. He is always shocked by the amount of Americans that fly over for the shows. There is definitely a distinct gap between Americans who travel abroad and those who don't. I don't know if it's more or less than other countries but I would suspect there is a greater divide in America than other countries, especially European ones.
    I agree with your stance here. America also has a huge amount of cultural diversity within the country from coast to coast. I'd also expect that a good chunk of Canada's 'out of country' travel is directly to the States. 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940
    PJPOWER said:

But being egoistic and selfish and not caring about other people I guess is the US most important trait. You are living the stereotype. 

I wanted to share three points I made when you last posted a graph about spending on medications per country, because I feel it fairly applies to your Total health expenditures per capita, and also to add another point.

1) When I see graphs showing multiple countries' life expectancies, biased headlines on top of them are not a good indicator for a fairly drawn figure. Can you please share your sources so that I know these aren't from swedenrox.com?
    2) Pricing of medications and costs and prices of care itself obviously are going to look very different in a country with a private insurance model versus a further socialized model (where governments go to great lengths to put policies to keep costs down). I'd want to know the direct patient spending per country (i.e. keep in the prices people pay for health insurance, but remove the portion of expenses being covered by the insurers) 
    3) The more esoteric the drug, the higher its cost can be (typical supply and demand economics). Logic would suggest that the larger your population, the greater your odds of encountering esoteric ailments and needing those esoteric drugs, which means the data should be normalized across countries for fair comparisons, or should be restricted to specific standard pharmaceuticals and procedures
    4) Logistically, distributing meds across a large country like the US carries a larger cost than distributing over a smaller area like Sweden. Not sure what's going on with Switzerland from looking at the data
    5) The extremely powerful American pharmaceutical lobby is a force to be reckoned with, and is likely an inhibitor of change
    6) As mrussel added, the US are leaders in pharmaceutical research and that costs money which often comes from the profits going to American medication producers from predominantly American sales from products 

I'll say it again - beware of infographics - especially ones with biased captions and which also claim to distil complicated realities to single values and don't even have a source provided. These should not be trusted.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    U.S.A.
    benjs said:
    eddiec said:
    PJPOWER said:

I agree with your stance here. America also has a huge amount of cultural diversity within the country from coast to coast. I'd also expect that a good chunk of Canada's 'out of country' travel is directly to the States. 
    Agreed, and likewise a good amount of US 'international' travel is to Canada, Mexico, DR, and other countries within the hemisphere.  For me to take my wife and 3 kids over to Europe is daunting.  We haven't been in years because of the hassle, the cost, etc.  Someone going from Stockholm to Oslo is about the same amount of time for me to get to NYC or Charlotte, NC.  That's a 'regional' trip for us. 
  • Options
    U.S.A.
    PJPOWER said:

Whats is it like to know everything?  Because when it comes to taxes that Canadians pay, you have no fuckin clue, and you have no clue about Canada.  I could care a less how much you pay for health insurance.  Do not like how much you pay, then work toward a better system.  Jesus, you need to buy better Cannabis...you act like you know everything, when in fact you have NO fuckin clue how Canada works...
    Remind me where I mentioned Canada?  Maybe you need better cannabis?
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    U.S.A.
    PJPOWER said:

And you are just being flat out ignorant and obviously didn’t read where Sweden is better compared to Kentucky (population wise and finance wise).  Thanks for playing though...
    And yes, I totally plan on hunting moose in Sweden some day.  I’ll give the taxidermist your number so you will have something to hang on your wall.
    Way to site your sources, btw...I thought Sweden’s education system was better than that...
    Stereotypical Swedey, rude and bitter.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,852
    benjs said:
    PJPOWER said:

I wanted to share three points I made when you last posted a graph about spending on medications per country, because I feel it fairly applies to your Total health expenditures per capita, and also to add another point.

1) When I see graphs showing multiple countries' life expectancies, biased headlines on top of them are not a good indicator for a fairly drawn figure. Can you please share your sources so that I know these aren't from swedenrox.com?
    2) Pricing of medications and costs and prices of care itself obviously are going to look very different in a country with a private insurance model versus a further socialized model (where governments go to great lengths to put policies to keep costs down). I'd want to know the direct patient spending per country (i.e. keep in the prices people pay for health insurance, but remove the portion of expenses being covered by the insurers) 
    3) The more esoteric the drug, the higher its cost can be (typical supply and demand economics). Logic would suggest that the larger your population, the greater your odds of encountering esoteric ailments and needing those esoteric drugs, which means the data should be normalized across countries for fair comparisons, or should be restricted to specific standard pharmaceuticals and procedures
    4) Logistically, distributing meds across a large country like the US carries a larger cost than distributing over a smaller area like Sweden. Not sure what's going on with Switzerland from looking at the data
    5) The extremely powerful American pharmaceutical lobby is a force to be reckoned with, and is likely an inhibitor of change
    6) As mrussel added, the US are leaders in pharmaceutical research and that costs money which often comes from the profits going to American medication producers from predominantly American sales from products 

I'll say it again - beware of infographics - especially ones with biased captions and which also claim to distil complicated realities to single values and don't even have a source provided. These should not be trusted.
    and a fair portion of the top 10 are based overseas........
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    U.S.A.
    benjs said:
    eddiec said:
    PJPOWER said:

Exactly, I would much rather travel within country these days than abroad (mainly due to disliking airports).  We have so much to see here; The Grand Canyon, Yellowstone.  If I feel like flying, I can always go to Alaska or Hawaii without a passport.  Why would I want to visit the rude Swedes?  
    Maybe to go moose hunting..,but I can do that in the US too.

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,120
    U.S.A.
    mrussel1 said:

- Well, okey?
    - We are america!
    - Okey?

This is really rather ironic since you've built your brand around here based on all the US stuff you think is stupid.  Cliche Swedish ignorance? Arrogance?  All of the above?

And you have still completely missed the point of all of this.
    hippiemom = goodness
This discussion has been closed.