Options

Should I ask Agnes out on a date?

Comments

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
  • Options
    For the single people...Do any of you plan on staying single by choice?  My Dad had 2 cousins who choose to be single.  One did eventually marry, in his 70's, he died about 2 years later...  
    Quite possibly. I gotta say I really enjoy being able to do what I want, when I want, with whom I want and not getting any flack for it. If I want to come home hammered and make a bunch of noise cooking pancakes at 3am, it’s all good.   If I want to hang out with my female friends, there’s no jealousy or insecurity involved. If I want to frame and hang several Pearl Jam posters I can do it anywhere in the house that I please. If I want to skip all those country craft festivals I can. If I want to spend my money, I do, and I spend it on whatever the fuck I want.

But we know you're actually going to all of them. The vintage and hipster ones, too. 
    Haha, there is nothing worse than a house full of country cottage decor.  But women LOVE that shit! When did everyone turn into grandma?
  • Options
    No
    For the single people...Do any of you plan on staying single by choice?  My Dad had 2 cousins who choose to be single.  One did eventually marry, in his 70's, he died about 2 years later...  
    Quite possibly. I gotta say I really enjoy being able to do what I want, when I want, with whom I want and not getting any flack for it. If I want to come home hammered and make a bunch of noise cooking pancakes at 3am, it’s all good.   If I want to hang out with my female friends, there’s no jealousy or insecurity involved. If I want to frame and hang several Pearl Jam posters I can do it anywhere in the house that I please. If I want to skip all those country craft festivals I can. If I want to spend my money, I do, and I spend it on whatever the fuck I want.

But we know you're actually going to all of them. The vintage and hipster ones, too. 
    Haha, there is nothing worse than a house full of country cottage decor.  But women LOVE that shit! When did everyone turn into grandma?
    Where are you meeting these women? 
  • Options
    No
    Are you picking up women at garage/estate sales?
  • Options
    No
    Don't look for women on pinterest, dyer, 
  • Options
    This is every woman I know.  No one has modern taste.
  • Options
    No
    Poor guy.
  • Options
    No
    You should definitely get to be one of the french toast judges!
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    Yes
    Looking for love in all the wrong places. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Yes
    Come look for French toast instead. 
  • Options
    Looking for love in all the wrong places. 
    Not looking, though. I’m good for now. :smirk:
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,587
    Yes
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    I can't make pancakes all that well. They taste all right, but they look like roadkill.

I'm a french toast king, though. You want some french toast? I'm your man. Everyone else's french toast game is weak.

I'd like a waffle iron. I love me some waffles. I stay at Hampton Inns just for the waffle-making experience in the morning.

I have a strong french toast game as well. May even be better than yours. 

I have still never eaten French Toast in my whole life. People keep saying I should, but... I dunno, there is just always something that sounds better to me available.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Yes

Right?!
    HesCalledDyer, this isn't a pick up line, lol, just a comment. :lol: I DESPISE craft fairs and everything sold in them... besides the candy.
    But seriously, I am curious to know who the fuck these women you keep talking about come from too. They sound weird. I don't know women our age like that. Maybe it's a regional problem?? :lol:
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    I can't make pancakes all that well. They taste all right, but they look like roadkill.

I'm a french toast king, though. You want some french toast? I'm your man. Everyone else's french toast game is weak.

I'd like a waffle iron. I love me some waffles. I stay at Hampton Inns just for the waffle-making experience in the morning.

I have still never eaten French Toast in my whole life. People keep saying I should, but... I dunno, there is just always something that sounds better to me available.
    how in blazes have you never had french toast? as an adult I can see, but as a kid?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:

Right?!
    HesCalledDyer, this isn't a pick up line, lol, just a comment. :lol: I DESPISE craft fairs and everything sold in them... besides the candy.
    But seriously, I am curious to know who the fuck these women you keep talking about come from too. They sound weird. I don't know women our age like that. Maybe it's a regional problem?? :lol:
    https://youtu.be/59Hj7bp38f8
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:
    dankind said:

how in blazes have you never had french toast? as an adult I can see, but as a kid?
    No. My parents never made it - it never occurred to them, so I guess their parents never made it either. And I guess where else would I have eaten it as a kid, right? My family was never big on breakfast anyhow, but on the rare days when it was actually hot, it was pancakes or waffles or bacon and eggs.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Right?!
    I’d say area influence has a lot to do with it. It’s very “country” around here, so it’s kind of the only thing people know.
  • Options
    1st rule of going over to a woman’s house: If she has a “Live Laugh Love” sign, just go home. She’s not it.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Yes
    1st rule of going over to a woman’s house: If she has a “Live Laugh Love” sign, just go home. She’s not it.
    Ha! Wise words!! I have about the same rule just when it comes to female friends, lol.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    MY WIFE HAS THAT SIGN (or a variation). She's going to be disappointed when I go home and tell her it's over. 

well, I ASSUME she'll be disappointed. 
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    What the fuck is a Live laugh Love sign.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    A sign that says “Live Laugh Love.”
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Yes
    MY WIFE HAS THAT SIGN (or a variation). She's going to be disappointed when I go home and tell her it's over. 

well, I ASSUME she'll be disappointed. 
    Lol, I don't think he meant she's not it for anyone. Just not for him (or me). ;)
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,073
    edited December 2018
    Oh, it's joked about as tacky/white trash to have signs with pointless platitudes written on them over here. Haha. 

"Carpe diem" and such.

It's the lower back tattoo of things to have on the wall.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,983
    Fuck a bunch of signs!
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    AND FUCK TACKY FLASHING, COLORFUL LIGHTS IN THE CHRISTMAS TREE.
  • Options
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:
    dankind said:

No. My parents never made it - it never occurred to them, so I guess their parents never made it either. And I guess where else would I have eaten it as a kid, right? My family was never big on breakfast anyhow, but on the rare days when it was actually hot, it was pancakes or waffles or bacon and eggs.
    There’s this thing called a restaurant.....
  • Options
    Oh, it's joked about as tacky/white trash to have signs with pointless platitudes written on them over here. Haha. 

"Carpe diem" and such.

my wife LOVES pointless platitudes. 

like weddings and such. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    No
    AND FUCK TACKY FLASHING, COLORFUL LIGHTS IN THE CHRISTMAS TREE.
    C'mon... we all know you're wearing a mistletoe belt buckle. 
  • Options

"Carpe diem" and such.

my wife LOVES pointless platitudes. 

like weddings and such. 
    I've been on here since 2005 or something. You have had all the time in the world to snatch me in stead. Platitudes-free.