Options

Should I ask Agnes out on a date?

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,844
    Yes
    mcgruff10 said:
    I love pancakes with just sugar on. or whipped cream and raspberry jam

They look like crepes to me.  Very very thin. 
    pancakes are too white trash FLASHY for him. 
    Along with christmas decorations and signs.  Man don't visit my house lol.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    Do Canadians love pancakes or is that just something I saw on a cartoon?
    I think that's more cartoon. I think Canadians like pancakes at a very normal level, lol. We do love proper maple syrup for sure, but that doesn't mean we love pancakes to the same extent. Maple syrup is good for many different things.
    Canadians really love booze and poutine. That's not a myth, lol.
    sometimes consuming one is the aftermath of consuming too much of the other. 
    True! Poutine is a wonderful hangover food.
    This word has a very different meaning from where I am from (my spelling might be off though).  What the hell does poutine mean in Canada?
    Isn't it fries with some brown sauce.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Yes
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    I think that's more cartoon. I think Canadians like pancakes at a very normal level, lol. We do love proper maple syrup for sure, but that doesn't mean we love pancakes to the same extent. Maple syrup is good for many different things.
    This word has a very different meaning from where I am from (my spelling might be off though).  What the hell does poutine mean in Canada?
    Those are called disco fries around here.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,944
    edited December 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    Those are called disco fries around here.
    Maybe poutine is french for "shitty music"*.

*Not counting KISS Dynasty
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:

Those aren't pancakes. ;)
    mcgruff10 said:

In Sweden we have thin pancakes. We use ~1 dl of batter for one pancake. They're really good - but yes thinner then the american fluffy (but from my experience with breakfast in NY rather tasteless) kind.

CULTURAL DIFFERENCES. LIKE GUNS.

(would have loved to have done pankcakes for Agnes in the morning)
    No, good pancakes are not tasteless. You just got some shitty pancakes. And the ones in this photo above look burnt.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

In Sweden we have thin pancakes. We use ~1 dl of batter for one pancake. They're really good - but yes thinner then the american fluffy (but from my experience with breakfast in NY rather tasteless) kind.

No, good pancakes are not tasteless. You just got some shitty pancakes. And the ones in this photo above look burnt.
    They need to be crispy my friend. 

But yes. I'm sure it just happend to be bad at that place. But I was so disapointed, having "american breakfast" in NYC and we were like "this tastes like nothing". 
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

But yes. I'm sure it just happend to be bad at that place. But I was so disapointed, having "american breakfast" in NYC and we were like "this tastes like nothing". 
    I went to the Tick Tock Diner for breakfast when I was in NYC - I didn't even try another place for breakfast the whole time I was there, because it was so good in that classic New York Diner way. You should have gone there. ;) But I didn't do the pancakes. Honestly, I don't love pancakes. I only ever eat them if they happen to come with something else that I want. Even then I might only eat a few bites. I did like them as a kid though. Now, I dunno... They're just too filling and doughy for me.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

I went to the Tick Tock Diner when I was in NYC - I didn't even try another place for breakfast the whole time I was there, because it was so classicly good! You should have gone there. ;) But I didn't do the pancakes. Honestly, I don't love pancakes. I only ever eat them if they happen to come with something else that I want. Even then I might only eat a few bites. I did like them as a kid though. Now, I dunno... They're just too filling and doughy for me.
    Make the thin Swedish ones, and have them a bit more crispy/burnt? 

THERE'S YOUR ANSWER MISSY
  • Options
    Might be going to NYC in february. Will try again.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,817
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    french fries topped with cheese curds and then gravy to melt said cheese curds. 

now it's gone full on nutty with people adding all sorts of shit. close to my work there's a fucking Poutinerie. a place that serves nothing but different variations of poutine. 

http://smokespoutinerie.com/
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

I went to the Tick Tock Diner when I was in NYC - I didn't even try another place for breakfast the whole time I was there, because it was so classicly good! You should have gone there. ;) But I didn't do the pancakes. Honestly, I don't love pancakes. I only ever eat them if they happen to come with something else that I want. Even then I might only eat a few bites. I did like them as a kid though. Now, I dunno... They're just too filling and doughy for me.

No, I like those even less. I have had them several times. I also don't even like breakfast or sweet crepes. The only crepes I like are savoury, like chicken and swiss and spinach or something like that.

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,817
    edited December 2018
    when my wife and i went to montreal for our honeymoon back in 2004, we ate poutine EVERY FUCKING NIGHT. They bake the shit like a fucking lasagna. it is orgasmic. 

which can be problematic on your honeymoon. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

No, I like those even less. I have had them several times. I also don't even like breakfast or sweet crepes. The only crepes I like are savoury, like chicken and swiss and spinach or something like that.
    Agree on crepes. But I'm not a superfan of the "food version" with mushrooms and still in them either. But at the same time, I can eat anything so I still eat them when offered. 

I like pancakes more than waffles though. Because waffleys are fluffy and doughy as american pancakes. Haha.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Pancakes are nothing more than edible sponges. Bland as fuck and heavy on the gut. Waffles are far superior to the pancake. French toast trumps all. 
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

Agree on crepes. But I'm not a superfan of the "food version" with mushrooms and still in them either. But at the same time, I can eat anything so I still eat them when offered. 

I like pancakes more than waffles though. Because waffleys are fluffy and doughy as american pancakes. Haha.
    I don't give a shit about waffles. They completely underwhelm me, and they seem a bit hard to eat. They're too fucking chunky and clunky.
    I have a glass of milk and a vitamin pill for breakfast normally, lol! I don't get a real appetite until later in the day. Breakfast is definitely not my meal at all, even though I do enjoy a classic eggs/bacon/toast meal. I'm really a dinner girl!

• Options
    Pancakes are nothing more than edible sponges. Bland as fuck and heavy on the gut. Waffles are far superior to the pancake. French toast trumps all. 
    Gonna ask my mom to do french toast this weekend when I'm visiting.
  • Options
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,944
    edited December 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

I don't give a shit about waffles. They completely underwhelm me, and they seem a bit hard to eat. They're too fucking chunky and clunky.
    I have a glass of milk and a vitamin pill for breakfast normally, lol! I don't get a real appetite until later in the day. Breakfast is definitely not my meal at all, even though I do enjoy a classic eggs/bacon/toast meal. I'm really a dinner girl!

I wake up at like 07:30 and I'm at my office at like 08:00. Haha. No time for breakfast. Just get a banana at work and then lunch at like 12:00. 
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Yes
    Poutine is some damn good shit! 
    Yes indeed - poutine is one of the best foods (assuming it's real... I keep hearing about Americans bastardizing it, and not even using real cheese curds or using mozzarella and other stupid shit like that, along with some atrocious gravy and other gravy substitutes, as though they can use random sauces and still call it poutine).
  • Options
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:
    Yes indeed - poutine is one of the best foods (assuming it's real... I keep hearing about Americans bastardizing it, and not even using real cheese curds or using mozzarella and other stupid shit like that, along with some atrocious gravy and other gravy substitutes, as though they can use random sauces and still call it poutine).
    They don’t sell cheese curds around here. I m guessing you can’t get pork roll (which is an amazing breakfast treat).  
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    I hear ya! We have one restaurant in town that serves a bastardized version and it’s terrible. Exactly as you said, they use mozz and the gravy tastes like a truffle & garlic purée. Wtf?
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Yes
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    They don’t sell cheese curds around here. I m guessing you can’t get pork roll (which is an amazing breakfast treat).  
    That's too bad, because it means nobody can make poutine around there, unless you order them in. Really you can get anything anywhere. Just order online.
    But I definitely won't be ordering pork roll, lol. I'll stick with thick-cut smoked bacon.
  • Options
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    That's too bad, because it means nobody can make poutine around there, unless you order them in. Really you can get anything anywhere. Just order online.
    But I definitely won't be ordering pork roll, lol. I'll stick with thick-cut smoked bacon.
    Next time you are in nyc get a pork roll, egg and cheese on an egg or everything bagel. It will change your life. 
  • Options
    Yes
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Next time you are in nyc get a pork roll, egg and cheese on an egg or everything bagel. It will change your life. 
    Why in the world would I get something with that nasty pork roll in it, when I could have bacon? That makes no sense!
  • Options
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Why in the world would I get something with that nasty pork roll in it, when I could have bacon? That makes no sense!
    I m telling you, it is amazing. In the summer we put a slice of pork roll on our cheeseburgers, it is called a “Jersey burger”.  Have you had pork roll before?

• Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,756
    Yes
    rgambs said:
    What else do they use that maple syrup for?
    Lube?
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Yes
    @PJ_Soul just look at the photo in this article, pork roll, egg and cheese.  oh baby!
    https://www.nj.com/entertainment/2018/12/the-best-small-town-restaurant-in-nj-is-a-bagel-place.html

• Options
    Yes
    mcgruff10 said:
    @PJ_Soul just look at the photo in this article, pork roll, egg and cheese.  oh baby!
    https://www.nj.com/entertainment/2018/12/the-best-small-town-restaurant-in-nj-is-a-bagel-place.html

That looks totally gross to me dude. :lol:
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    What else do they use that maple syrup for?
    Lube?
    What a smörsgåsbord of options
  • Options
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:

That looks totally gross to me dude. :lol:
    Says the person who puts semen looking sauce on their calamari lol.
    You have to try pork roll, egg and cheese once in your life!  I had cheese curds once while I was in michigan and damn they were freaking good.