Options

Should I ask Agnes out on a date?

Comments

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,072
    edited December 2018
    AND FUCK TACKY FLASHING, COLORFUL LIGHTS IN THE CHRISTMAS TREE.
    C'mon... we all know you're wearing a mistletoe belt buckle. 
    Here's all I have pretty much, in one of my windows. Not even the santa has any color. Haha:

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    No
    ^^^That's actually really peaceful looking. Can't even make fun of it. Damn you.  :)
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    Agree on the flashing Xmas lights. Not a fan of those. But multi-color is a must! 
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,580
    Yes
    What the fuck is a Live laugh Love sign.
    A sign that says “Live Laugh Love.”
    Oh, it's joked about as tacky/white trash to have signs with pointless platitudes written on them over here. Haha. 

"Carpe diem" and such.

It's the lower back tattoo of things to have on the wall.
    It's joked about as tacky/white trash to have signs with pointless platitudes written on them here too. I personally don't connect it to white trash. I more connect it to a more serious problem in society, wherein people are feeling so unbalanced or on the edge of being unhappy, or scared of being unhappy, that they feel the need to advertise these self-affirmation messages as kind of a way to talk themselves into feeling better and letting the world know that they're thinking positively. Like over-compensation. I'm sure that's not true for every single person who does it (let's assume HFD's wife is a normal, lol! Sorry HFD, so not meaning to trash your wife's sign), but that is what they symbolize to me in general.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    PJ_Soul said:
    Oh, it's joked about as tacky/white trash to have signs with pointless platitudes written on them over here. Haha. 

"Carpe diem" and such.

It's joked about as tacky/white trash to have signs with pointless platitudes written on them here too. I personally don't connect it to white trash. I more connect it to a more serious problem in society, wherein people are feeling so unbalanced or on the edge of being unhappy, or scared of being unhappy, that they feel the need to advertise these self-affirmation messages as kind of a way to talk themselves into feeling better and letting the world know that they're thinking positively. Like over-compensation. I'm sure that's not true for every single person who does it (let's assume HFD's wife is a normal, lol! Sorry HFD, so not meaning to trash your wife's sign), but that is what they symbolize to me in general.
    For some people, like my wife, it's a simple nice thing to look at to lift your spirits. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:

"Carpe diem" and such.

For some people, like my wife, it's a simple nice thing to look at to lift your spirits. 
    Isn't that what Pearl Jam is for. Haha.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:

"Carpe diem" and such.

Yes, indeed, that is why I was careful to mention this doesn't apply to all.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    edited December 2018
    Just a few untimely observations...
    @PJ_Soul for the record, french toast is overrated!  It's only around because it's easier than pancakes, which are a go-zillion times better.  

The Live Laugh Love signs were only the first volley in a horrific war.  We call them mixed-font signs, and they are everywhere displaying every possible idiotic platitude in barely legible form.
    It's not white trash, just maybe a little low class lol .or poor taste at least.
    We know some pretty wealthy people with mixed-font decoration.
    Post edited by rgambs on
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

"Carpe diem" and such.

I know, just expanding on it. 

I've known despressed people or people I know who feel emotionally inadequate or whatehaveyou, and I've known very happy and content people. The former, in my experience, don't tend to do that. it's the latter group who do. the former, at least in this day and age, tend to be the more impulsive-driven unhappiness maskers, like on social media posting pictures of vacations or posting memes about how good life is. 

but again, my experience. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

"Carpe diem" and such.

I know, just expanding on it. 

I've known despressed people or people I know who feel emotionally inadequate or whatehaveyou, and I've known very happy and content people. The former, in my experience, don't tend to do that. it's the latter group who do. the former, at least in this day and age, tend to be the more impulsive-driven unhappiness maskers, like on social media posting pictures of vacations or posting memes about how good life is. 

but again, my experience. 
    Yeah, that's true - those facebook self-affirmation memes about living life well and all that other bullshit are the worst culprits for being symbols of unhappiness and insecurity for sure. I HATE those things.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,904
    Yes
    Agree on the flashing Xmas lights. Not a fan of those. But multi-color is a must! 
    We go white lights over the fireplace and multi colored for the tree. 

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Do Canadians love pancakes or is that just something I saw on a cartoon?
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    What else do they use that maple syrup for?
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Yes
    rgambs said:
    I think that's more cartoon. I think Canadians like pancakes at a very normal level, lol. We do love proper maple syrup for sure, but that doesn't mean we love pancakes to the same extent. Maple syrup is good for many different things.
    Canadians really love booze and poutine. That's not a myth, lol.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    rgambs said:
    Poutine?
  • Options
    Yes
    rgambs said:
    Many things. There are so many recipes with maple syrup.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    I think that's more cartoon. I think Canadians like pancakes at a very normal level, lol. We do love proper maple syrup for sure, but that doesn't mean we love pancakes to the same extent. Maple syrup is good for many different things.
    sometimes consuming one is the aftermath of consuming too much of the other. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I fuckin love pancakes.  With real local maple syrup and unsweetened peanut butter. 
  • Options
    I love pancakes with just sugar on. or whipped cream and raspberry jam

• Options
    Yes

They look like crepes to me.  Very very thin. 
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    I fuckin love pancakes.  With real local maple syrup and unsweetened peanut butter. 
    peanut butter on pancakes?

made my girls chocolate chip pancakes yesterday morning. I had one and felt like shit the entire day. them? it was like they had a fucking Booster Juice. 

oh, the days when I could eat garbage and feel fantastic. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Yes

Those aren't pancakes. ;)
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

pancakes are too white trash FLASHY for him. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    True! Poutine is a wonderful hangover food.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    Boozemop.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Yes
    mcgruff10 said:

I would say they're folded up pannekoek, which does make them look like crepes, but crepes normally have something in the middle. These are what you get at DeDutch, but there they're served unfolded, just a big round thing on a giant plate.

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:

I would say they're folded up pannekoek, which does make them look like crepes, but crepes normally have something in the middle. These are what you get at DeDutch, but there they're served unfolded, just a big round thing on a giant plate.

When I'm in Holland, I eat the pannenkoeken.

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,072
    edited December 2018
    PJ_Soul said:

Those aren't pancakes. ;)
    mcgruff10 said:

In Sweden we have thin pancakes. We use ~1 dl of batter for one pancake. They're really good - but yes thinner then the american fluffy (but from my experience with breakfast in NY rather tasteless) kind.

CULTURAL DIFFERENCES. LIKE GUNS.

(would have loved to have done pankcakes for Agnes in the morning)
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    peanut butter on pancakes?

made my girls chocolate chip pancakes yesterday morning. I had one and felt like shit the entire day. them? it was like they had a fucking Booster Juice. 

oh, the days when I could eat garbage and feel fantastic. 

Oh shit yeah. Peanut butter and maple syrup is like alchemy.  The sum is greater than the parts.  It's the vinaigrette of desserts.
  • Options
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    This word has a very different meaning from where I am from (my spelling might be off though).  What the hell does poutine mean in Canada?