Should I ask Agnes out on a date?

Comments

• Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    edited December 2018
    No
    njnancy said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I know I would suck at dating at this point.  The last time I asked someone out on a date was 30 years ago, and I was not very good at it then...lol, so if I ever become interested in dating again I'd be totally lost.  LOL
    I'm with ya, I don't understand how it works anymore at all.
    I don't think there is a formula or anything... You just do it however you want, and wait until someone who goes for whatever that is comes along. The only "trick" to dating is handling rejection well and perseverance.
    Here is how I'm approaching things for now.  I am not actively looking, but if I meet someone that would be great too.  In a nutshell, if someone ends up in my life accidentally I'll pursue.  Does that make sense?
    There's no way I would meet someone accidentally, I don't go out enough for that to even happen. lol
    I'm in the same situation.  I don't go to bars and don't have a workplace and I'm not trying online dating. I haven't been on a 'date' since I met  my son's father, so we're going back to the late 90's. I have no idea how things work today and I'm not a 'hook-up' kind of person, unfortunately. I have guy friends and acquaintances who have let it be known that they'd avail themselves but none that I think of in that way. 

Ali seems to be single by choice in a good and healthy way and enjoying it and getting what she needs when she needs it.  I think that is awesome. 

I am single by choice because of the monumental clusterf*ks I got into. I don't believe in soul mates or true love, I have never experienced a healthy mature relationship. That effects how I think about letting a man into my life (not that I'd know where to find one). 

My elderly mother and adult son live with me and depend on me. Doesn't matter that I've got my own crap; I have no back up. So that doesn't leave much room for whatever it would take to find a relationship.  Would I even let them into my life? If I really wanted to I suppose I'd find a way.

I definitely understand monumental clusterf*cks. I am right there with you. #1 Don't trust my instincts anymore when it comes to the men I'm attracted to.#2 I don't trust my ability to be in a healthy relationship. All I've ever known is avoiding confrontations at all costs, and if that doesn't work, get ready to endure the silent treatment. I don't think I've ever been a part of a discussion/argument that ended with both parties feeling understood. The very few times I argued with my then husband, we didn't argue from the viewpoint that we're  on the same team trying to iron something out, we argued like it was me vs.him and there was one clear winner and solution.
    Post edited by OffSheGoes35 on
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    Yes
    njnancy said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I know I would suck at dating at this point.  The last time I asked someone out on a date was 30 years ago, and I was not very good at it then...lol, so if I ever become interested in dating again I'd be totally lost.  LOL
    I don't think there is a formula or anything... You just do it however you want, and wait until someone who goes for whatever that is comes along. The only "trick" to dating is handling rejection well and perseverance.
    Here is how I'm approaching things for now.  I am not actively looking, but if I meet someone that would be great too.  In a nutshell, if someone ends up in my life accidentally I'll pursue.  Does that make sense?
    There's no way I would meet someone accidentally, I don't go out enough for that to even happen. lol
    I'm in the same situation.  I don't go to bars and don't have a workplace and I'm not trying online dating. I haven't been on a 'date' since I met  my son's father, so we're going back to the late 90's. I have no idea how things work today and I'm not a 'hook-up' kind of person, unfortunately. I have guy friends and acquaintances who have let it be known that they'd avail themselves but none that I think of in that way. 

Ali seems to be single by choice in a good and healthy way and enjoying it and getting what she needs when she needs it.  I think that is awesome. 

I am single by choice because of the monumental clusterf*ks I got into. I don't believe in soul mates or true love, I have never experienced a healthy mature relationship. That effects how I think about letting a man into my life (not that I'd know where to find one). 

My elderly mother and adult son live with me and depend on me. Doesn't matter that I've got my own crap; I have no back up. So that doesn't leave much room for whatever it would take to find a relationship.  Would I even let them into my life? If I really wanted to I suppose I'd find a way.

I definitely understand monumental clusterf*cks. I am right there with you. #1 Don't trust my instincts anymore when it comes to the men I'm attracted to.#2 I don't trust my ability to be in a healthy relationship. All I've ever known is avoiding confrontations at all costs, and if that doesn't work, get ready to endure the silent treatment. I don't think I've ever been a part of a discussion/argument that ended with both parties feeling understood. The very few times I argued with my then husband, we didn't argue from the viewpoint that we're  on the same team trying to iron something out, we argued like it was me vs.him and there was one clear winner and solution.
    I get you. Completely. I have no trust in the men  I've 'loved' and in my instincts and I second guess everything about a relationship since I never had one that worked as it should.There was never listening and responding, just yelling and yelling and more. My last relationship was the worst by far, but I have a pattern of picking the wrong people throughout my life. So I don't want to live that way anymore. A burden I will always have, as I should, is that I brought a child into this dysfunction. Of course I did not know until it was too late, but no child should have to grow up in such a contentious environment. Never.  
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,835
    Yes
    So, I've had surgery and had to take out my two piercings because of that. And I don't know how to lock them by myself. So today I went to a piercing place in town to get some help.

And while I'm sitting there and this woman helps me get my septum back into my nose she says:

"We matched on Tinder a while back didn't wee..? You're Emil right..?" 

Haha. A bit uncomfortable. 

Clumsy like hell I confirmed that was my name and changed the subject. Didn't remember matching with her. And she knew my name and all.
    Are you kidding me? I don't know what the hell to tell you.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:
    I understand that.  I do not go out much either.  I am not looking at the moment.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Yes
    Doctors must treat the epidemic of loneliness

https://www.seattletimes.com/opinion/doctors-must-treat-the-epidemic-of-loneliness/

I thought I'd post this.  I found this article while looking for another article about loneliness that showed up on my facebook feed.

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    No
      .Nancy, hopefully in this one case, your son is like me. My mom has apologized for staying with my dad as long as she did, and that was the easiest apology I've ever accepted. 

My mom would be the very last person on this earth to intentionally harm me. It would just never happen. And knowing that makes a big difference.
  • Options
    No
    PJ_Soul said:
    I understand that.  I do not go out much either.  I am not looking at the moment.  
    Me either. If you ever feel like making up funny online dating profiles, PM me, we can collaborate.
  • Options
    No
    Let me re-phrase that, honest to a fault online dating profiles. See if we get any replies. hehe
  • Options
    No
    Dude ffs.  Why not try with her for a date at least. You never know if you don't  dip your toe in the water
    I hate breaking up stuff and shit... Afraid of conflict and stuff... so rather not get involved in things if I don't feel super. Can't stand "dumping" someone after one date or whatever -- "It was nice, but it didn't feel right" can't do it. Haha.

She remembered my name though. Which was very weird. With us not saying a word to eachother and the match happened like 2-3 months ago.
    You're a Kiss Army Major Colonel Lieutenant Sergeant, why wouldn't she remember your name?
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,115
    edited December 2018
    Dude ffs.  Why not try with her for a date at least. You never know if you don't  dip your toe in the water
    I hate breaking up stuff and shit... Afraid of conflict and stuff... so rather not get involved in things if I don't feel super. Can't stand "dumping" someone after one date or whatever -- "It was nice, but it didn't feel right" can't do it. Haha.

She remembered my name though. Which was very weird. With us not saying a word to eachother and the match happened like 2-3 months ago.
    You're a Kiss Army Major Colonel Lieutenant Sergeant, why wouldn't she remember your name?
    I'm hated on the KISS board. They don't like me talking about Pearl Jam all the time.

I hate that I couldn't figure out the music she had on in the store though... sounded a bit like Mark Lanegan or something...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,838
    Yes

I'm hated on the KISS board. They don't like me talking about Pearl Jam all the time.

I hate that I couldn't figure out the music she had on in the store though... sounded a bit like Mark Lanegan or something...
    :lol:
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,918
    Yes

So on the Pearl Jam boards you talk about kiss and on the kiss boards you talk about Pearl Jam?! Dddduuuuuuuudddddeeeee
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Yes
    mcgruff10 said:

So on the Pearl Jam boards you talk about kiss and on the kiss boards you talk about Pearl Jam?! Dddduuuuuuuudddddeeeee
    I had the same thought :lol:
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,552
    Yes
    I wonder if there is a “should I break up with Agnes?” Poll on the KISS board.
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    edited December 2018
    Yes
    I feel lonely a lot of the time.
    I don't feel I am in a position to date due to my current situation making me an unattractive option for females plus I don't believe I have anything to offer.
    I don't like Tinder. I don't go out often, very rarely. It is usually to friends' houses to catch up, not to bars.
    Anyone single here who wants to be my love?
    I have not heard from that lady I recently met on Facebook :disappointed:
    Post edited by Thoughts_Arrive on
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    So, I've had surgery and had to take out my two piercings because of that. And I don't know how to lock them by myself. So today I went to a piercing place in town to get some help.

And while I'm sitting there and this woman helps me get my septum back into my nose she says:

"We matched on Tinder a while back didn't wee..? You're Emil right..?" 

Haha. A bit uncomfortable. 

Clumsy like hell I confirmed that was my name and changed the subject. Didn't remember matching with her. And she knew my name and all.
    And you didn't ask her out then and there because why? Just not your type? Sounds like she was throwing a door wide open for you and you turned and bolted, haha. ;) 
    Yeah. Didn't feel an interest. But I guess I could have thrown out an "lets go for a coffee and talk KISS!" line.
    Tinder isn't exactly where you're finding date-able people anyhow. I don't think people on Tinder are actually looking for real relationships, are they??? If they are, they are using the wrong app, lol!
    Tinder is a sex fest. Nothing for serious relationships.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    No
    I don't feel I am in a position to date due to my current situation making me an unattractive option for females plus I don't believe I have anything to offer.
    I don't like Tinder. I don't go out often, very rarely. It is usually to friends' houses to catch up, not to bars.
    I'll be your placeholder until you find someone more suitable. Deal? We can dedicate love songs to each other and make everybody, including ourselves :sick: It will be great. 

• Options
    Yes
    I'll be your placeholder until you find someone more suitable. Deal? We can dedicate love songs to each other and make everybody, including ourselves :sick: It will be great. 

Here's one for you my love.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ41ots8lZ8
  • Options
    No
    *gasp* You pulled out the top-shelf stuff there. 
    And one for you, my love.
    https://youtu.be/wBJ9RUHMuwU
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Yes
    Thank you.
    I'm not bijou but. Rather the opposite.
  • Options
    No
    You're welcome.
    Does that mean you want to break free, already?

• Options
    Yes
    You're welcome.

There's gotta be something in the guidelines that prevents this sort of relationship. :lol:
  • Options
    No
    njnancy said:
    You're welcome.

There's gotta be something in the guidelines that prevents this sort of relationship. :lol:
    I chose the wrong song, it happens everyday...
    https://youtu.be/RvHh72RdXNk
  • Options
    Yes
    njnancy said:
    You're welcome.

I chose the wrong song, it happens everyday...
    https://youtu.be/RvHh72RdXNk
    :rofl:
  • Options
    Yes
    You're welcome.

No. Is this real life or is it just fantasy?
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Yes
    You're welcome.

You two are caught up in a landslide, no escape from reality.
  • Options
    Yes
    njnancy said:
    You're welcome.

She's a killer queen...
  • Options
    Yes
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I get you. Completely. I have no trust in the men  I've 'loved' and in my instincts and I second guess everything about a relationship since I never had one that worked as it should.There was never listening and responding, just yelling and yelling and more. My last relationship was the worst by far, but I have a pattern of picking the wrong people throughout my life. So I don't want to live that way anymore. A burden I will always have, as I should, is that I brought a child into this dysfunction. Of course I did not know until it was too late, but no child should have to grow up in such a contentious environment. Never.  
    Very well said.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,838
    Yes
    njnancy said:
    You're welcome.

She's a killer queen...
    I think we have a crazy little thing called love going on here. 

my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    fuck queen

(fuck is too strong of a word)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"