Options

Should I ask Agnes out on a date?

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    @PJ_Soul just look at the photo in this article, pork roll, egg and cheese.  oh baby!
    https://www.nj.com/entertainment/2018/12/the-best-small-town-restaurant-in-nj-is-a-bagel-place.html

That looks totally gross to me dude. :lol:
    Says the person who puts semen looking sauce on their calamari lol.
    You have to try pork roll, egg and cheese once in your life!  I had cheese curds once while I was in michigan and damn they were freaking good.  
    Go veg old man.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,544
    Yes
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    @PJ_Soul just look at the photo in this article, pork roll, egg and cheese.  oh baby!
    https://www.nj.com/entertainment/2018/12/the-best-small-town-restaurant-in-nj-is-a-bagel-place.html

You have to try pork roll, egg and cheese once in your life!  I had cheese curds once while I was in michigan and damn they were freaking good.  
    You think Tzatziki is semen-looking sauce? I don't wanna meet the guy with semen that look like that. :lol:
    It seems to be that pork roll is just highly processed pork deli meat, right? That's not really something that appeals to me.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,889
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:

You think Tzatziki is semen-looking sauce? I don't wanna meet the guy with semen that look like that. :lol:
    It seems to be that pork roll is just highly processed pork deli meat, right? That's not really something that appeals to me.
    no clue, it is a secret recipe.  The only kind we buy here is "taylor's" pork roll.  I'm telling you, it is amazing, these have pork roll festivals around here!  This is the ultimate hangover food.  
    Pork Roll (also known as Taylor Ham)[1][2] is a pork-based processed meat originating and commonly available in New JerseyNew YorkDelaware and parts of Pennsylvania and Maryland. It was developed in 1856 by John Taylor of Hamilton Square, New Jersey, and sold as "Taylor Ham".[3] Other producers entered the market, and subsequent food labeling regulations required Taylor to designate it as a "pork roll" alongside their competitors.
    Image result for taylor ham
    Image result for taylor ham
    Image result for pork roll egg and cheese bagel
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Yes
    Tell you what, ship one of these things to me, and I promise I will eat it and post my review. =)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Yes
    It just wouldn't be the same if I shipped it!!!  One of my kids is sick and passed out on my so I am currently researching how to ship cheese curds to new jersey.  So many options!  Is $10/pound a good deal?  What flavor should I get?!
  • Options
    Pork rolls look like what we call "falukorv"

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418

Why ruin macaroni like that? Wtf??
  • Options
    Yes

Is that ketchup on pasta?!?!?!
  • Options
    Yes

GROSS re the fucking ketchup on the macaroni. :sick:
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Yes
    mcgruff10 said:
    It just wouldn't be the same if I shipped it!!!  One of my kids is sick and passed out on my so I am currently researching how to ship cheese curds to new jersey.  So many options!  Is $10/pound a good deal?  What flavor should I get?!
    Flavour?? No flavour. Just regular cheese curds. Maybe just google "best cheese curds for poutine Canada" and you'll find the right info, lol. But I really don't know what brands are available to you in the US...

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    Yes
    You could also try making it. I've never even thought to try, but there is a recipe for it in this article:

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Don’t think I’ve ever seen pork roll or even heard of it or the term Taylor ham. I must not be in the “parts of Maryland” where it can be found. I’d try it on the bagel tho.
  • Options
    Yes
    Don’t think I’ve ever seen pork roll or even heard of it or the term Taylor ham. I must not be in the “parts of Maryland” where it can be found. I’d try it on the bagel tho.
    Because you live in the god damn boonies. ;)
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Flavour?? No flavour. Just regular cheese curds. Maybe just google "best cheese curds for poutine Canada" and you'll find the right info, lol. But I really don't know what brands are available to you in the US...

There isn't a specific kind of cheese?? Like, there has to be a kind lol 

Waffles are second to last, ahead of bagels but behind french toast and pancakes.  I'm not starting a day with a mouth scraping food, it's a recipe for disaster.  Tear your mouth up and then spend your whole day all scrapey and annoyed.  Bagels, cereal, waffles, crispy bacon, dark toast...nerp, not doing it.  
    I'm not a breakfast guy, I drink a cup of kefir before the gym.  My love of breakfast foods is fulfilled at lunch and dinner time.  Pancakes are too heavy for breakfast, but make a nice dinner and a killer 4th meal.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Yes
    rgambs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Waffles are second to last, ahead of bagels but behind french toast and pancakes.  I'm not starting a day with a mouth scraping food, it's a recipe for disaster.  Tear your mouth up and then spend your whole day all scrapey and annoyed.  Bagels, cereal, waffles, crispy bacon, dark toast...nerp, not doing it.  
    I'm not a breakfast guy, I drink a cup of kefir before the gym.  My love of breakfast foods is fulfilled at lunch and dinner time.  Pancakes are too heavy for breakfast, but make a nice dinner and a killer 4th meal.
    Well, generally cheese curds come out of the cheddar-making process. But you don't call them cheddar cheese curds. Cheese curds are cheese curds, really. They come out of an early step in the cheese-making process, so don't contain most of the characteristics of the end-game cheese it is born from.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    The internet tells me it is fresh cheddar.  That makes me want some.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Yes
    rgambs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:

My go to breakfast lately has been three hard boiled eggs, almonds an strawberries. When I am tied of that I go oatmeal with cinnamon and bananas.  On the weekends I make cheese and turkey bacon omelette s.  When I am feeling fat or hungover I ll go pork roll or bacon egg and cheese on an egg bagel.  Toasted bagels and cream cheese are also killer. And always coffe with milk. 
  • Options
    No
    I hope I didn't scare Thoughts_Arrive away from this thread.

Come play with us, T_A! The topic is gross-looking food. ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Yes
    This is my favorite thread right now, lol. Good job S_C.
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,977
    Where the fuck is Agnes while you guys are all hung up on food?
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    No
    Absence makes the heart grow fonder, so S_C is going to get/stay the hell out of dodge.
  • Options
    Yes
    dudeman said:
    She s staying far away after she saw that spiritual puts ketchup on his pasta. 
  • Options
    No
    mcgruff10 said:
    dudeman said:
    Hey, your lady stayed with you even after she saw you drink red wine on the rocks. Proof that love conquers all.
  • Options
    Yes
    mcgruff10 said:
    dudeman said:
    Hey, your lady stayed with you even after she saw you drink red wine on the rocks. Proof that love conquers all.
    There is no comparing the two. 
  • Options
    No
    I guess you're gonna have to try the ketchup pasta just to be sure. ;)
  • Options
    No
    Is that spam to the side of the pasta?
  • Options
    Yes
    I guess you're gonna have to try the ketchup pasta just to be sure. ;)
    I had it in Austria and threw up in my mouth. Sooooo nasty. 
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,542
    Yes
    I tried poutine for the first time while in Quebec City to see Pearl Jam.  It was the fast food version.  I had high hopes but was disappointed.  
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Yes
    I'm your Killer Queen...
    and you're my Flash Gordon. 
    *heart pounding*
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Yes
    For the single people...Do any of you plan on staying single by choice?  My Dad had 2 cousins who choose to be single.  One did eventually marry, in his 70's, he died about 2 years later...  
    I crave love. But then I feel like I don't want a relationship. I'd like companionship but not the arguments, having to fit in with her family and social group who I may not like etc.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014