Options

Should I ask Agnes out on a date?

Comments

• Options
    No
    At least I hope not. That makes me tired just thinking about it.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,641
    edited November 2018
    Yes
    I'm counting on not caring about sexual chemistry when I'm 80.
    Okay great! Although some people are still randy at 80, so don't count it out. ;) So what's the pact for? Just be good friends (and roommates) if you want. No pact necessary. :)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    No
    PJ_Soul said:
    Okay great! Although some people are still randy at 80, so don't count it out. ;) So what's the pact for? Just be good friends (and roommates) if you want. No pact necessary. :)
    Yeah, maybe I'll just try for a Golden Girls living situation. :)
  • Options
    No
    PJ_Soul said:
    I know I would suck at dating at this point.  The last time I asked someone out on a date was 30 years ago, and I was not very good at it then...lol, so if I ever become interested in dating again I'd be totally lost.  LOL
    I'm with ya, I don't understand how it works anymore at all.
    I don't think there is a formula or anything... You just do it however you want, and wait until someone who goes for whatever that is comes along. The only "trick" to dating is handling rejection well and perseverance.
    Here is how I'm approaching things for now.  I am not actively looking, but if I meet someone that would be great too.  In a nutshell, if someone ends up in my life accidentally I'll pursue.  Does that make sense?
    There's no way I would meet someone accidentally, I don't go out enough for that to even happen. lol
  • Options
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:
    I'm thinking that would actually be a way more emotionally and intellectually fulfilling situation in at least 95% of cases, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    No
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I'm thinking that would actually be a way more emotionally and intellectually fulfilling situation in at least 95% of cases, lol.
    Ha! I think you're probably right. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,665
    No
    I know I would suck at dating at this point.  The last time I asked someone out on a date was 30 years ago, and I was not very good at it then...lol, so if I ever become interested in dating again I'd be totally lost.  LOL
    I don't know, man, there are some great models here in this thread to try and work from.

Find someone you fancy
    Go on the fan club forum for your favorite rock band
    Take a survey to see if people you have never met think you should go for it
    Send a text
    Wait
    Pray to the Flying Spaghetti Monster
    Listen to Kiss - a lot

That is one way.

You could also: Sit next to him/her and hope they do not immediately move a few spots over from you (hint from friends - make sure you bathed recently and do not have bad BO)

:lol:

jk. 
    I know what you mean.  I was a dealer back in the day but I am old now.  Not as thin as I used to be, unless you count the number of hairs on my dome...and I am much thinner than I was!  Also, crankier now...and I care about what people think/converse about.   
    Upside is that I would not have to hook up with older women to get nice dinners and fancy drinks at this point. 
    (If the women were much older I would be in Wob's bracket!  ;) )

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Yes
    I don't know, man, there are some great models here in this thread to try and work from.

Find someone you fancy
    Send a text
    Wait
    Listen to Kiss - a lot

That is one way.

You could also: Sit next to him/her and hope they do not immediately move a few spots over from you (hint from friends - make sure you bathed recently and do not have bad BO)

jk. 
    I know what you mean.  I was a dealer back in the day but I am old now.  Not as thin as I used to be, unless you count the number of hairs on my dome...and I am much thinner than I was!  Also, crankier now...and I care about what people think/converse about.   
    Upside is that I would not have to hook up with older women to get nice dinners and fancy drinks at this point. 

You were a dealer?
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,665
    No
    PJ_Soul said:

Find someone you fancy
    Send a text
    Wait
    Listen to Kiss - a lot

That is one way.

jk. 

You were a dealer?
    I dealt in the currency of.....well, current.

I never had issues speaking to people and connecting.  (I do this for a living.) 
    I have my issues, as we all do, but making friends with members of the opposite sex was not one of them....in the late 80s/early and mid 90s.  I have been with the same woman since the late 90s, so being an 40+ year old man and completely out of the game for so long...this whole 'swipe right' thing would freak me out. 
    Easy to make jokes but I can recognize that it would be very different.
  • Options
    No
    At least if things went south, I know a few people who would be dtf.

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,924
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:

Find someone you fancy
    Send a text
    Wait
    Listen to Kiss - a lot

That is one way.

jk. 

You were a dealer?

I never had issues speaking to people and connecting.  (I do this for a living.) 
    I have my issues, as we all do, but making friends with members of the opposite sex was not one of them....in the late 80s/early and mid 90s.  I have been with the same woman since the late 90s, so being an 40+ year old man and completely out of the game for so long...this whole 'swipe right' thing would freak me out. 
    Did you wear one or two pants legs up?  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    No
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Find someone you fancy
    Send a text
    Wait
    Listen to Kiss - a lot

That is one way.

jk. 

You were a dealer?

Did you wear one or two pants legs up?  
    No pants

• Options
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,118
    edited November 2018
    So, I've had surgery and had to take out my two piercings because of that. And I don't know how to lock them by myself. So today I went to a piercing place in town to get some help.

And while I'm sitting there and this woman helps me get my septum back into my nose she says:

"We matched on Tinder a while back didn't wee..? You're Emil right..?" 

Haha. A bit uncomfortable. 

Clumsy like hell I confirmed that was my name and changed the subject. Didn't remember matching with her. And she knew my name and all.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Yes
    So, I've had surgery and had to take out my two piercings because of that. And I don't know how to lock them by myself. So today I went to a piercing place in town to get some help.

And while I'm sitting there and this woman helps me get my septum back into my nose she says:

Clumsy like hell I confirmed that was my name and changed the subject. Didn't remember matching with her. And she knew my name and all.
    And you didn't ask her out then and there because why? Just not your type? Sounds like she was throwing a door wide open for you and you turned and bolted, haha. ;) 
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

And you didn't ask her out then and there because why? Just not your type? Sounds like she was throwing a door wide open for you and you turned and bolted, haha. ;) 
    Yeah. Didn't feel an interest. But I guess I could have thrown out an "lets go for a coffee and talk KISS!" line.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:

Yeah. Didn't feel an interest. But I guess I could have thrown out an "lets go for a coffee and talk KISS!" line.
    Tinder isn't exactly where you're finding date-able people anyhow. I don't think people on Tinder are actually looking for real relationships, are they??? If they are, they are using the wrong app, lol!
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,924
    Yes

Duuuuuuuuudddddddeeeeeddde!!! What the?!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Tinder isn't exactly where you're finding date-able people anyhow. I don't think people on Tinder are actually looking for real relationships, are they??? If they are, they are using the wrong app, lol!
    In Sweden I'd say a lot of people (women) actually use it for "serious" dates. It's not used as a straight "hook up" app for many here. There's a lot of "Have two children, and is looking for something serious so swipe left if you just want sex"-people. 

Maybe it differ in the US. Or maybe it's the same.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    Yes
    Dude ffs.  Why not try with her for a date at least. You never know if you don't  dip your toe in the water
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    No
        Spiritual_Chaos said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I wonder which way she would've swiped then.
  • Options
    Yes
    Dude ffs.  Why not try with her for a date at least. You never know if you don't  dip your toe in the water
    Yeah, I have to agree. This seems like a missed opportunity. Sigh. Oh well, too late now I guess.
  • Options
    Yes
    You don’t have a hair one on your ass if you don’t. 
    "Society..you're a crazy breed. I hope you're not lonely without me.."
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    edited November 2018
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:
    I don't think there is a formula or anything... You just do it however you want, and wait until someone who goes for whatever that is comes along. The only "trick" to dating is handling rejection well and perseverance.
    Here is how I'm approaching things for now.  I am not actively looking, but if I meet someone that would be great too.  In a nutshell, if someone ends up in my life accidentally I'll pursue.  Does that make sense?
    There's no way I would meet someone accidentally, I don't go out enough for that to even happen. lol
    I'm in the same situation.  I don't go to bars and don't have a workplace and I'm not trying online dating. I haven't been on a 'date' since I met  my son's father, so we're going back to the late 90's. I have no idea how things work today and I'm not a 'hook-up' kind of person, unfortunately. I have guy friends and acquaintances who have let it be known that they'd avail themselves but none that I think of in that way. 

Ali seems to be single by choice in a good and healthy way and enjoying it and getting what she needs when she needs it.  I think that is awesome. 

I am single by choice because of the monumental clusterf*ks I got into. I don't believe in soul mates or true love, I have never experienced a healthy mature relationship. That effects how I think about letting a man into my life (not that I'd know where to find one). 

My elderly mother and adult son live with me and depend on me. Doesn't matter that I've got my own crap; I have no back up. So that doesn't leave much room for whatever it would take to find a relationship.  Would I even let them into my life? If I really wanted to I suppose I'd find a way.

Post edited by njnancy on
  • Options
    I hate breaking up stuff and shit... Afraid of conflict and stuff... so rather not get involved in things if I don't feel super. Can't stand "dumping" someone after one date or whatever -- "It was nice, but it didn't feel right" can't do it. Haha.

She remembered my name though. Which was very weird. With us not saying a word to eachother and the match happened like 2-3 months ago.
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    Yes
    I hate breaking up stuff and shit... Afraid of conflict and stuff... so rather not get involved in things if I don't feel super. Can't stand "dumping" someone after one date or whatever -- "It was nice, but it didn't feel right" can't do it. Haha.

She remembered my name though. Which was very weird. With us not saying a word to eachother and the match happened like 2-3 months ago.
    Maybe you're just not in a place with yourself that you are really ready for a relationship. You think that's what you should be doing because that's what society tells you to do, but maybe you need to work on you for awhile and then you'd know what you wanted. Or not. I really am not the best adviser I suppose. 
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Yes

There is no such thing as dumping someone after one date man. Where would the conflict come from? If you even hear back from the girl ever again after one bad date, which is very unlikely, you saying "It was nice bit it didn't feel right" by text after the fact is very very very easy. Come on man, suck it up. I mean honestly, if you can't even do that, you're done for. And you're going to have a real hard time meeting anyone if you're not even willing to go for one single date with someone just to find out if maybe there is more than meets the eye.

But Nancy has a good point. Maybe you just want to be single but feel like you need to meet someone because society says so. Trust me, it's not worth it, lol. I chose to ignore that societal pressure, and as soon as I did, life got so much more fun.... Although if you want children ignore that advice. That only really works for men who either already have kids or don't want any.
  • Options
    No
    njnancy said:

She remembered my name though. Which was very weird. With us not saying a word to each other and the match happened like 2-3 months ago.
    Maybe you're just not in a place with yourself that you are really ready for a relationship. You think that's what you should be doing because that's what society tells you to do, but maybe you need to work on you for awhile and then you'd know what you wanted. Or not. I really am not the best adviser I suppose. 
       That's my favorite part. Really good advice! :star:
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    njnancy said:

But I just wrote didn't feel super concerning her, with her fingers in my nose. That is saying I knew I didn't want it...

But in general, looking-for-love wise I'm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1CmNuKsgaI
  • Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,490
    edited December 2018
    No
    njnancy said:

But I just wrote didn't feel super concerning her, with her fingers in my nose. That is saying I knew I didn't want it...

But in general, looking-for-love wise I'm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1CmNuKsgaI
    I actually kinda liked that song.  I'm starting to worry about myself.
    Post edited by OffSheGoes35 on