Options

A safe place for anxiety sufferers to share.

Comments

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    Rob,

Well, I'm not sure who exactly made up this graphic, but the first point is inaccurate at the least. 

"The common flu kills 60 times more people than Corona".

Exactly how did they calculate the annual death rate for a virus that's been around for less than four months?

Yes, this is the anxiety thread, but let's also be accurate and honest about things. Misinformation is never helpful, even if it's kindly meant. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    hedonist said:
    I haven't heard anything about racism connected to this.  Have there been many?

Pretty "sunshine" there, Fifth!  My mom came by earlier and brought me some gorgeous deep orange and pink roses.  Gotta keep the kitties away from them though...that stuff's worse than catnip for them =)
    Yes, in Australia.
    Asian train, tram, bus passengers are being picked on as are Asians on the streets as they are assumed to be Chinese and everyone is mad at China because the virus started there.
    One girl in my cohort at university had some guy be a jerk to her because she sneezed. She said she is not from China and he still did not care to stop being a jerk.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Rob,

Well, I'm not sure who exactly made up this graphic, but the first point is inaccurate at the least. 

Exactly how did they calculate the annual death rate for a virus that's been around for less than four months?

Yes, this is the anxiety thread, but let's also be accurate and honest about things. Misinformation is never helpful, even if it's kindly meant. 
    I'm sure they can make forward estimates based on four months worth of data?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Rob,

I'm sure they can make forward estimates based on four months worth of data?

No, they absolutely can't. This is inaccurate and misleading, and it's ironic that the last box says to "look for evidence".
  • Options
    Watch that video I shared yesterday. The one of NZ PM Adern and two medical professionals.
    It's all a beat up by the media.
  • Options
    Watch that video I shared yesterday. The one of NZ PM Adern and two medical professionals.

What does "all a beat up" mean?
  • Options
    Blown way out of proportion
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,797
    I send my full support and care to everyone who posts here.   Many of us are a bit (or even very) freaked out.  Let's keep each other lifted up anyway we can.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Blown way out of proportion
    I am happy to discuss this further on AMT but not in this thread, which exists for a different reason. Suffice it to say that your conclusion does not seem supported by current evidence. 
  • Options
    Did you even watch that video I shared yesterday? 
  • Options
    Support, support, support! 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    brianlux said:
    Well, that's what I was trying to do.
  • Options
    Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658

Thoughts

I promise no one is attacking you at all man , the top line is just not true in the sense of how serious this is ( not going to get long winding because I am not looking to panic anyone at all )

There is no way to have a statistic on something that first popped up on 12/31/19 , it has only been three months so you cannot calculate. In terms of pure numbers ……… Wait again not looking to panic.

I would advise just checking CDC or WHO for updates and tips , what they have on those sites are the ones that I would post anything on.

Again no one is trying to upset you.  

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,026

What does "all a beat up" mean?
    gotcha journalism?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,234
    This is so damn hard.  It feels like the walls are closing in and there  is no space. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,136
    This is so damn hard.  It feels like the walls are closing in and there  is no space. 
    Plenty of space in here Rob.  Please feel free to move about the thread!
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    It's a depressingly dreary day here and I'm watching our governor, mayor and various others speak about the virus and its impact on LA.

It is very, very easy to allow yourself to be bombarded by thoughts and what-ifs...and I think because of that, it's more important than ever to take care of ourselves.  Find that little niche of space and time where you can clear the mind and breathe.  Even for ten minutes.  Just focus on the breathing, even.

We're all in this together.
  • Options
    lastexit78lastexit78 Posts: 615
    Didn't know where to post this, thought maybe here since my feelings of anxiety are driving it. It's about Gigaton and my current daily fight with anxiety. I don't think I'll be able to listen to the album at this point. Songs almost always bring you back to the place you were when you first heard them. Right now things are just not in a good place, on all fronts. I don't want to associate this album with a Pandemic or the feelings of intense anxiety I've starting experiencing about everything. Not regarding catching the virus personally but all the collateral damage being inflicted and worrying about those at risk that I love. I may stash Gigaton until the summer as ridiculous as that sounds. Just wondering if anyone else has similar feelings?
    06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    Didn't know where to post this, thought maybe here since my feelings of anxiety are driving it. It's about Gigaton and my current daily fight with anxiety. I don't think I'll be able to listen to the album at this point. Songs almost always bring you back to the place you were when you first heard them. Right now things are just not in a good place, on all fronts. I don't want to associate this album with a Pandemic or the feelings of intense anxiety I've starting experiencing about everything. Not regarding catching the virus personally but all the collateral damage being inflicted and worrying about those at risk that I love. I may stash Gigaton until the summer as ridiculous as that sounds. Just wondering if anyone else has similar feelings?
    Sorry to hear about your anxiety! For me Gigaton is the complete opposite. It’s a beacon of light (sounds poetic ;) ) that‘ll lift my spirit and I can’t wait to finally listen to it. It’s just what PJ music does for me, it helps and comforts and makes me happy 
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    Well, that's what I was trying to do.

Good job.  We all need to do that.

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,903
    my daughter's (13) anxiety is through the fucking roof over this. every second thing she says she's asking about COVID-19. it's getting unbearable. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I wonder if therapists will see an increase in patients over this.

lastexit, just listen to your gut.  If you want to wait, wait...it'll be there whenever you're ready.  Wishing you well.
  • Options
    lastexit78lastexit78 Posts: 615
    hedonist said:

lastexit, just listen to your gut.  If you want to wait, wait...it'll be there whenever you're ready.  Wishing you well.
    Thanks all, yeah I think I'm going to wait until things on the whole start improving. Would love to remember this album as being the one I listened to during a time when the world came together to defeat a Pandemic. Not the one I played during some really scary times. I don't usually have extreme anxiety, but when mine comes on its strong. Good thing is I usually feel better after a rough day mentally so hopefully that means tomorrow is a good day. Take care everyone and just keep remembering we'll all get through this!
    06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,932
    Sending warm thoughts to all.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
     Flew the drone around... made a short vid.

https://youtu.be/9V2Bs0YV0mI

"The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Well my dear friends. The time i have been scared about  for so long is here.
    We are now in self isolation.  My daughters bf is ill with cough and fever. She feels like a cold . She is at his house. She came here 2 days ago and shared a cake with me and my 2 year old. Her house lives my asthmatic son. 
    We are fucked.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    I hope keeping to yourselves helps, physically.  Can you get tested if symptoms present or worsen within your home?
  • Options
    They dont  test anymore here. Its stay at home. So nobody even knows if they have it or something else.  Its terrifying.  Only when you need hospitalising will they test.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    hedonist said:

Thanks all, yeah I think I'm going to wait until things on the whole start improving. Would love to remember this album as being the one I listened to during a time when the world came together to defeat a Pandemic. Not the one I played during some really scary times. I don't usually have extreme anxiety, but when mine comes on its strong. Good thing is I usually feel better after a rough day mentally so hopefully that means tomorrow is a good day. Take care everyone and just keep remembering we'll all get through this!
    I completely understand this. Before the tour decision was made for us, I kept thinking I could never listen to PJ again if my mom died as a result of my travel. 

Hedo is right. The album will be there for you when you're ready. 

Sorry to hear about the turn of events for you. Thinking of you from afar.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Nothing happened over night . 
    I took half a valium this morn. Did nothing.
    Im thinking i could still get to my allotment without seeing anyone. Fresh air i just need the  emotional strength to get up and go. Nothing at all to watch
     All sport off. Nowhere to go
     My partner is great with our 2 year old but alreadt its getting very  strained. Im like an invalid  atm with fear that i cannot hault i just keep seeing my kids dead in my head 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07