Options

A safe place for anxiety sufferers to share.

Comments

• Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    Why are you selling your house?
    I cannot afford to pay a mortgage and rent at the same time. 
    Fair enough. Now put a positive spin on that. Like you’re doing it to get somewhere instead of getting away from something. So again, why are you selling your house?
    As my best friend said, to get out of this prison I am in?
    That’s getting away from something, even though yes, that’s a hell of a good reason in your case. What I’m trying to say is you should do things because you want to achieve a certain goal for yourself, in this instance live an independent life. 
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    deadendp said:
    I thought you were selling the house? :i_dunno:
    I am. What made you think I am not?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    The rent and mortgage confused me for a hot minute. Rent + mortgage would indeed be a killer. Hoping your house sells soon to free up the monies you need to buy (rent) happiness. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Rent to move into a sharehouse. 
    There have been a few ideal places I've seen advertised but I don't want to move in without first selling the property.
    Thanks. 

Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,881
    you are unable to live in the house with tenants?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    you are unable to live in the house with tenants?
    Not the current tenants, they are a family with kids.
    I don't think I want to have stress of trying to find tenants to move in with me and have to buy all the furniture. Too much to handle especially with Honours studies soon.
    Plus I don't think the suburb the house is located in is really a high demand location for people looking for a sharehouse. I might struggle to get interest leaving me with pressure to meet mortgage repayments.
  • Options
    Can you drop payments down to interest only payments to help you with finances? Not perfect for long term, but it may help now. Just a thought. 
  • Options
    I'll have to speak to the bank about paying off the mortgage with the sale money so might have to ask about that option.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    Can't hurt to ask. The interest we paid on our house loan last year was around $2200. We live in a small (1008 square ft) ranch on a small lot (40x120.) 
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestion.
    Too much to think about right now.
    I feel sick, my head is throbbing, and I feel depressed as hell.
  • Options
    Sorry to go off topic .
    Its  4 a.m and im up with my daughter. 
    Since sat ive been dizzy and vacant.  I saw the dr and he just doesn't  know what to  do with me anymore. 
    Im losing everything i know  nobody has am answer. I stay sober so nobody can blame any of that. Im getting  worse and nobody sees it . 
    Its like im going  insane. Its a scary lonely place 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Whats more i know my partner has had enough and i cant blame her i live in groundhog day. For which i am always sorry but its not enough. I go to meetings and  appointments to try and fix this.  
    I know for a fact when this is all over they will find a brain problem until then im left to suffer the indignity of loosing myself infront of my small family and  they all believe its not something  like that. Of course  they do , they cant feel what ive lost and and losing more  amd more.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,922
    Thinking of you Rob.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    Today im just  back from  my Friday  spectrum meeting. And im completely  overwhelmed.  First i was told by a very heavy alcoholic  that i was his inspiration  . 
    Next i met a lady who was EXACTLY  like me. Same symptoms  i cant  even explain how i cared for this woman. It made so many questions  come up and made me stop and look at myself . The group leader thanked me and said my input is helping everyone. I am the only sober one there now. 
    This  lady had mental problems  long before drink. Like me. She insists something has gone wrong in her brain like me.
     Used to be intelligent. 
    MY EXACT words i say all the  time.
    I feel so much for this woman who i only just  met and may never meet again.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    Last time I saw my psychologist he kept looking at his wrist watch. It made me feel like he couldn't be bothered. He's the only one I can see because it's free for 10 sessions.
    Well, maybe rooky mistake on your therapist’s part if he had to look at a watch - most therapists know to have a clock on the wall behind their clients’ , so they can discretely check the time ;).

You may benefit from looking at this scenario using some of the CBT principles that you’ve learned, though, because you’re jumping to conclusions and putting the most negative spin on this, which often brings you down. Therapists are humans with jobs, and they have to keep to time so that they can see their other clients. 

What other explanations can you generate that don’t assume he’s sick of you? Maybe his clock is broken and he really doesn’t want to run behind. Maybe he had a personal issue that’s distracting him - his kid is sick and he needs to fit in calling the doctor between you and his next client. Maybe he wasn’t feeling well. Maybe he just really had to go to the bathroom!

The point is, you don’t know the reason and you’re assuming the worst and running with it. Try to be mindful of this tendency and generate alternate hypothesis instead. You are an educated man - use your critical thinking here as well!
    Earlier today I posted that I think my best friend might be pissed off at me. This was because of the way he replied to my message asking how he is. He told me tonight he's been bombarded with messages on Facebook marketplace as he's sold heaps of items. That explains it. Why do I fail to stop these faulty cognitions all the time?
    Are you doing the work to identify and challenge them every time?

I think you have some idea of the thoughts that bring you down, so don't stop there - take the extra step and look at as many alternate explanations as you can come up with. Some times your initial reaction may be correct, but as we've seen just in this thread, more often than not it isn't. 
    It's like my mind gets so caught up in the worst case scenario that I forget to think of alternative explanations. So the answer is no.
    You are speaking as if what you think isn't at least some extent within your control, and that's not true.

Remember that thoughts, feelings and behaviours all get tangled up but they are actually three separate entities, each of which affects the others. Feelings can be tough to directly control, thoughts we can have a good deal of control over by making a conscious effort to do it, and behavior we almost always have control over. So start with what you do have control over.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Today im just  back from  my Friday  spectrum meeting. And im completely  overwhelmed.  First i was told by a very heavy alcoholic  that i was his inspiration  . 
    Next i met a lady who was EXACTLY  like me. Same symptoms  i cant  even explain how i cared for this woman. It made so many questions  come up and made me stop and look at myself . The group leader thanked me and said my input is helping everyone. I am the only sober one there now. 
    This  lady had mental problems  long before drink. Like me. She insists something has gone wrong in her brain like me.
     Used to be intelligent. 

And that's what makes this so valuable - the knowledge that we are not alone in the world. 
  • Options
    Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658
     Used to be intelligent. 

Thinking of you today , I was up all night last night wish I had logged onto the board to say hello to you when you were posting.

I truly hope that things get easier  , nothing I can promise but your sobriety is such a good thing and I know you feel like it is not helping but I have to assume if you were drinking it would be worst.

I will be thinking of you all weekend.

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,836
    GET. OUT. OF. THAT. HOUSE. 

maybe you don't realize it, but I'd bet that your current living situation is, if not 100%, at least in large part to blame for your mental state and social issues. it's incredibly difficult to leave an abusive relationship, i can't even imagine. well, I suppose I can. I was in one, and before my parents sat me down, I didn't even realize it. it was just a part of my existence, "that's just her, it doesn't bother me" and that's when things turned around for me. that and when I asked my two best friends why they didn't come around anymore, and they said "she's mean to us". I had no fucking clue. I still didn't have the courage to end it for a long time, maybe about a year or so, but it built up and built up until it just happened. and it's the best thing that ever happened to me. 

that was a girlfriend, yours is obviously your parents. which is much harder to leave behind. but it needs to be done. if not forever, at least some physical separation. 

why did you buy a house if you don't live in it? to appease your judgmental mother? if so, that's pretty damn extreme. just sell the thing and get the fuck out of that house. 

don't you think your life is a LOT more important than your studies? you already have a degree. what are you going to do when you finish the next round of school? you don't think you're going to be magically ready to move out, do you? you'll probably find another reason to stick around, until it's gone on so long it will become "well now they're old and they want me to stay and help them out" and you're there for life and you're miserable. 

you need to leave, and you need to start planning it immediately. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    Damn right! Get out of there asap! Get a student job to cover the rent until you‘ve sold the house 
  • Options
    Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658

maybe you don't realize it, but I'd bet that your current living situation is, if not 100%, at least in large part to blame for your mental state and social issues. it's incredibly difficult to leave an abusive relationship, i can't even imagine. well, I suppose I can. I was in one, and before my parents sat me down, I didn't even realize it. it was just a part of my existence, "that's just her, it doesn't bother me" and that's when things turned around for me. that and when I asked my two best friends why they didn't come around anymore, and they said "she's mean to us". I had no fucking clue. I still didn't have the courage to end it for a long time, maybe about a year or so, but it built up and built up until it just happened. and it's the best thing that ever happened to me. 

that was a girlfriend, yours is obviously your parents. which is much harder to leave behind. but it needs to be done. if not forever, at least some physical separation. 

why did you buy a house if you don't live in it? to appease your judgmental mother? if so, that's pretty damn extreme. just sell the thing and get the fuck out of that house. 

don't you think your life is a LOT more important than your studies? you already have a degree. what are you going to do when you finish the next round of school? you don't think you're going to be magically ready to move out, do you? you'll probably find another reason to stick around, until it's gone on so long it will become "well now they're old and they want me to stay and help them out" and you're there for life and you're miserable. 

I could not agree more with this.
  • Options
    Matts3221 said:

+10,000
  • Options
    Matts3221 said:

I’ll add my agreement as well.  Hugh, I’m glad you were finally able to extricate yourself from that horrible situation.  That takes so much courage.  (((Hugs)))
  • Options
    it wasn't honestly that bad. It just wasn't ideal. we were both shitty to each other, not realizing how we were both not a good fit. we were comfortable. it was a one night stand that turned into a nearly 5 year relationship, living together for 18 months of that. 

my parents were just hyper aware (they used to run a marriage counselling group that had members all over the Canada/US) so they knew the signs of a poor relationship dynamic. I hesitated to even label it as abusive. it was more she was just kind of mean sometimes because she had poor self confidence. 

anyway, I hope i wasn't too harsh. It's just so difficult when the solution seems so easy (in theory, not necessarily in execution) to those of us on the outside looking in.

thoughts, your life would be a thousand times better once you get out of that house and start your own life devoid of negativity and verbal abuse. 

what have you got to lose?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    it wasn't honestly that bad. It just wasn't ideal. we were both shitty to each other, not realizing how we were both not a good fit. we were comfortable. it was a one night stand that turned into a nearly 5 year relationship, living together for 18 months of that. 

my parents were just hyper aware (they used to run a marriage counselling group that had members all over the Canada/US) so they knew the signs of a poor relationship dynamic. I hesitated to even label it as abusive. it was more she was just kind of mean sometimes because she had poor self confidence. 

anyway, I hope i wasn't too harsh. It's just so difficult when the solution seems so easy (in theory, not necessarily in execution) to those of us on the outside looking in.

thoughts, your life would be a thousand times better once you get out of that house and start your own life devoid of negativity and verbal abuse. 

Wow, that’s some “one night stand” ;)
  • Options

looking back, it was pretty wild. ;)  just not healthy. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

Lol. My one-night stand has turned into an almost thirty year marriage.  You never know ;)
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I have never had a one-night stand.  It just wasn't me.

I'm OK with having missed out on that :yin_yang:
  • Options

Thanks man.
    I bought the house because of this fear that if I don't buy now I will never be able to as house prices were rising fast.
    Plus to appease my parents.
    I was working full time when I purchased and thought I'd live here and pay it off as soon as I can but that never happened.

I was tossing and turning last night in bed having bad anxiety so feel sleep deprived today.
    My mind was racing about these thoughts as I struggled to sleep:
    - The people in the sharehouse I move into will soon discover the joke that I am (never had a girlfriend, does not have many friends thus no social life, they'll find me weird for not having a social life and being home all the time etc.)
    - I have no rental history so it will be harder to secure a house for rent when I decide to move into my own place rather than living in a sharehouse forever. I worry that I'll end up homeless on the streets if I have to leave a sharehouse and cannot secure a place to rent.
  • Options

You weren't harsh.
    I have nothing to lose other than my own property and possibly the opportunity to ever purchase a property again.
    May I add, everyone that I know that has moved out of home has done so with their girlfriend. 
    I feel if I had a girlfriend it'd be way easier to move out and into a house with her.
  • Options
    I feel I've lost the respect of my friends and that is too hard to live with.