Options

A safe place for anxiety sufferers to share.

Comments

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,946
    So many adverts and tv commercials. 
    TALK TO SOMEONE  
    DONT SUFFER IN SILENCE 

WELL FUCK THEM.i will never  ask for help again

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    I'm sorry the system is failing you Rob. I know. It's hard. I've had two psychiatrists. One laughed me out of our first meeting ("crazy people don't know they're crazy-you're fine! LOL) and the second was nice enough but he was honest that his caseload was simply too high to take on a patient like me for the long haul. I wasn't bad off enough for him. 
    Hfd. I swear i had that  crazy people shit  as well. They are cunts.  I think people like us should do those  exact jobs
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Im glad i have somewhere  to write this down
     Thanks 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    While I'm here. the guy.(he had interviewed me earlier for 1hr face to face and if you know me. Im not ready for f2f)
    We got on well  and he was kind  enough. 
     Had a meeting  with the  team then rang me with the  conclusion . After i explained  that he added fear and made it all a lot worse. I added this could have been a man that had nothing  left and topped himself  at the thought  he could now be a bad father. 
    I said pass this on to the "team".
    Your  actions have a massive  re- action . You  could have caused  a very bad situation  with a man who is at the  end and cherishes his children 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    I'm sorry the system is failing you Rob. I know. It's hard. I've had two psychiatrists. One laughed me out of our first meeting ("crazy people don't know they're crazy-you're fine! LOL) and the second was nice enough but he was honest that his caseload was simply too high to take on a patient like me for the long haul. I wasn't bad off enough for him. 
    Hfd. I swear i had that  crazy people shit  as well. They are cunts.  I think people like us should do those  exact jobs
    I was floored by his dismissiveness. after what I told him was going through my head. just not supposed to worry about it. you don't act on it. what he didn't get was that, sure, while I was worried I'd act on it, it wasn't just that. even if I never did, the anxiety and self-loathing the thoughts themselves were causing was ruining my life. 

Luckily I read enough online to kind of self-therapist myself. But that's the only thing I've ever been able to handle on my own like that. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,852
    Divorce can be a good thing, but don't ever go into it thinking you will soon find a better relationship. Better to go into it thinking about whether being alone is ultimately better than staying in the marriage. 
    Absolutely. It's about how hard marriage is and how much work is needed. Takes 2, and being the only one wanting a relationship...
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,852
    I was floored by his dismissiveness. after what I told him was going through my head. just not supposed to worry about it. you don't act on it. what he didn't get was that, sure, while I was worried I'd act on it, it wasn't just that. even if I never did, the anxiety and self-loathing the thoughts themselves were causing was ruining my life. 

Luckily I read enough online to kind of self-therapist myself. But that's the only thing I've ever been able to handle on my own like that. 
    Not too dismiss any issues or how much the mental health system sucks. 
    But psychiatrists and therapists are very different, extremely different from school and medical systems. There are numbers to call to get to the right service, but it takes time and most are underpaid, understaffed and undertrained. That's just how it is, sucks.
    Social Workers are great resources, know the system, and can get you to the right place. Don't view them as the people chasing you down, they are trying to help.
    From experience and where I work. Schools have some of the best Social Workers and people who can get you what you need. Even if you're a parent, call the school. And if they can't help they probably know who can.

I have a therapist, but would get laughed out of a psychiatrist's office probably as well. But it's a tremendous help for anxiety and depression.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    well this was many years ago, and it was a referral directly from my doctor. Doc #2 was for SURE a psychiatrist (who said I'd probably benefit more from a psychologist). Douche #1 I'm not sure. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,819
    edited August 2022
    Perhaps the supermoon from a few days ago is still messing with people.
    Post edited by West Coast Dreamgirl on
  • Options
    listening  to hyde park night 2 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    My daughter  looked to the sky and clouds  at night tonight and said dad lets make shapes from  the  clouds. She is 5.  Wonderful  . And then  we saw  mars. And Jupiter? Maybe.  But  i guess that was grounding 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    She sounds like a gem Rob :)
  • Options
    the innocence of young children always brought me back to a good place too Rob. but now I have teenagers. lol
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    the innocence of young children always brought me back to a good place too Rob. but now I have teenagers. lol
    Volunteer to work with young children after work. I coach little league, and it has been an incredibly rewarding experience. I'll likely continue to do so (or work with young children in some other capacity) long after my son moves on from the program.

My dream is to open a School of Rock location, but the upfront cost is ridonk.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,819
    edited August 2022
    Yeah it's not the same when the kids grow up!
  • Options
    Sorry to reignite this thread. 
    Im stuck in a lonely place, whilst my 5 year old and partner had covid and are now recovered i failed to get covid out of the way. But i did get something  else. Suspected  labyrinthitus. 7 days so far laying in my room. They are now a lot more  free in thier  movements and are able  to relax a bit amd go out and about. Im so fucking gutted and my brain says this is going to be forever and my life is set to be stuck. The  meds haven't  worked. Ive had 3 months  of globus syndrome  also i dont believe  it to be that. 
    Fuck man.  This  life keeps dipping to new lows. 
    I know  so many  suffer with a lot worse so im not saying  why me. Just that i cant  take anymore
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Walking  my daughter  to school  was our thing.  Now im basically unable. Gutted and pissed off
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    You'll get better Rob, have you called the Dr?
  • Options
    Yeah spoke got some pillls that dont work and had a blood test because  i insisted. I feel  like its the end for me. Sounds dramatic i know  but im alone in my head. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,718
    Sorry to reignite this thread. 
    Im stuck in a lonely place, whilst my 5 year old and partner had covid and are now recovered i failed to get covid out of the way. But i did get something  else. Suspected  labyrinthitus. 7 days so far laying in my room. They are now a lot more  free in thier  movements and are able  to relax a bit amd go out and about. Im so fucking gutted and my brain says this is going to be forever and my life is set to be stuck. The  meds haven't  worked. Ive had 3 months  of globus syndrome  also i dont believe  it to be that. 
    Fuck man.  This  life keeps dipping to new lows. 
    I know  so many  suffer with a lot worse so im not saying  why me. Just that i cant  take anymore

Never a need to apologize here, Rob.  Anxiety is ongoing for many of us who struggle with it.  With the hard days come, if it helps to write/talk about it, go for it.  You'll get nothing but empathy and support here, bud.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Thanks friends 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    I honestly think if I can get better, anyone can, Rob. I'm the best I've been in years. I restarted my meds after another failed attempt in the spring (GI symptoms). I eased into more this time, as my doctor had originally told me to but I ignored ("I was fine last time, he's an idiot"). Well, turns how he was right for once. Wish I had done this months ago. 

I wish you peace Rob. Just keep thinking "all the things I thought I had, I don't have, so I likely don't have this". The symptoms I was having during my anxiety the last several months have all gone. It was all because of my broken brain. And I knew it, but didn't know it, ya know? I'm sure it's the same with you. 

I saw a quote once, and I knew it to be true. Paraphrasing, but "the people who worry about sickness the most, get sick the least". 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited October 2022
    Great quote. Many thanks my friend
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    As I was recently told, keep your chin up. SO much easier said than done but it’s well worth the effort, Rob.
  • Options
    Thank you hedo. I Will aim for it
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    One of the things that drives my anxiety is aggressive dog barking.  Don't get me wrong- I don't hate dogs. Although I'm definitely more of a cat person, I've had 4 dogs at various times in my life, and loved them all.  But  when I hear aggressive, loud barking at night, it shoots my anxiety up big time, and lately there's been a lot of it.  It's really bad for my head and not good for my overall health either.   It's still warm around here so it sucks that I have to close the windows, turn on fans, and then feel trapped and agitated.  
    Must hang in there.  Winter will be better.  
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,503
    edited October 2022
    brianlux said:
    One of the things that drives my anxiety is aggressive dog barking.  Don't get me wrong- I don't hate dogs. Although I'm definitely more of a cat person, I've had 4 dogs at various times in my life, and loved them all.  But  when I hear aggressive, loud barking at night, it shoots my anxiety up big time, and lately there's been a lot of it.  It's really bad for my head and not good for my overall health either.   It's still warm around here so it sucks that I have to close the windows, turn on fans, and then feel trapped and agitated.  
    I don't know there @brianlux, but in Europe, winter looks scary here..
    Post edited by 23scidoo on
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    brianlux said:
    I don't know there @brianlux, but in Europe, winter looks scary here..

It's hard to predict weather long-term of course, but hopefully you will have a good winter.  I hope it goes well for you!

Feeling tired and discouraged today.  Been losing too much sleep to barking dogs and the added anxiety.  When this happens, I just want to move, but I know there is no quiet place on earth to go to.  I'm not in a hurry to be dead, but at least it will be quiet then.

• Options
    Earplugs?