Options

A safe place for anxiety sufferers to share.

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,870
    jhager79 messaged me to let everyone here know they are ok and getting assistance. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,070
    Great to hear
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Good news. 
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,997
    jhager79 messaged me to let everyone here know they are ok and getting assistance. 
    That is awesome. Thanks for letting us know. This has been on my mind for the last few days. 
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,927
    GlowGirl said:
    That is awesome. Thanks for letting us know. This has been on my mind for the last few days. 
    Yes, thank you for the update @HughFreakingDillon Also, well done @GlowGirl for reaching out to the mods. Good thinking.

@jhager79 I’m so relieved that you are still here. You have been in my heart and my thoughts these last few days.  I’m glad you reached out for help. (((Hugs))) and love across the miles. I hope you find that sliver of light in the darkness and that it leads you to a place where you are content.

"What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    excellent news! Hang in there everyone 
  • Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,490
    We're so happy you're still with us, jhager! Btw, I'm not sure I used the right pronouns for you, sorry if I was wrong.

• Options
    edited March 2022
    Does anyone feel like talking about some healthy habits in general? What works for you? 
    Post edited by OffSheGoes35 on
  • Options
    West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,819
    edited March 2022
    @OffSheGoes35

I'm feeling a lot better for getting lots of things fixed at home and at my folks. I've achieved quite a lot, whether I'm doing the fixing or finding the right people to help. I managed to get replacement garden fences, garden patio, some flooring, fix a hole in the ceiling, plumbing (internal and external), and electrics. That's not just it either, thete's still other stuff to sort out.

I can't believe I single handedly have removed my entire kitchen floor with just a wallpaper scraper and crafting hammer. I've surprised myself. Although I wouldnt have taken it on if i knew what was required, I'm really pleased with what I'm achieving on top of working full time, being a carer and taking the dog for 3 or 4 walks a day, although im sure that's just his cunning plan to keep us both fit and healthy.
  • Options
    @ OffSheGoes35

I'm feeling a lot better for getting lots of things fixed at home and at my folks. I've achieved quite a lot, whether I'm doing the fixing or finding the right people to help. I managed to get replacement garden fences, garden patio, some flooring, fix a hole in the ceiling, plumbing (internal and external), and electrics. That's not just it either, thete's still other stuff to sort out.

I can't believe I single handedly have removed my entire kitchen floor with just a wallpaper scraper and crafting hammer. I've surprised myself. Although I wouldnt have taken it on if i knew what was required, I'm really pleased with what I'm achieving on top of working full time, being a carer and taking the dog for 3 or 4 walks a day, although im sure that's just his cunning plan to keep us both fit and healthy.
    That's a hefty list of things you were able to accomplish! Fixing things on your own or having people come out and fix things--feels so good. I admire you for all that hard work! That's for sure.
  • Options
    Thank you @OffSheGoes35

• Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,492
    Glad to hear! I almost went to Kitchener today to visit my brother actually. My hometown. Like the chance to maybe meet up with you some day @jhager79 and chat
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658
    Does anyone feel like talking about some healthy habits in general? What works for you? 
    Taking time away form the internet ( this is my first time in a while posting  ). Not to say I’m not checking world  news but trying to get away from things that suck up more of my time because I’m using them in a negative way ( scroll on my phone in bed ) 

Legos - never did a Lego set before and my wife got me me the Seinfeld set and I found it calming to me to put them together. I tend to hyper focus so at least I’m doing it with something like legos instead of negative thoughts. Have done a few more sets ( be warned they are expensive) 

Belly Breathing - I never really practice this before but it can move me from a 9 to a 6-7 rather fast so helpful at work.

Sun and Movement - it’s finally getting some what nice in New England ( 67 today ) , clocks change next week so more sunlight. I have not moved much this winter but just 3-5 mile walks every night after work once it gets nice out makes a world of difference for me.

Eating Well- I know obviously, when I’m depressed or having a panic attack the last thing I am thinking about is the healthness just of my food intake. So just keeping that at front of of mind.

therapy , meds , friends to talk to. Just what came off the top of my head 
  • Options
    These meds are killing me. I’ll spare the gross details, I’m sure just the letters GI can gelp
    you figure it out. 5 weeks in and no sign of letting up. I was up all night last night. Also had to go to the dentist for a jaw problem that is causing awful pain and headaches. Later found out that is also probably related to the meds. Fuck this. So I decided I’m quitting them. My doc is on vacation for the next month, so we’ll see what happens. Spoke to the pharmacist who clearly hates her job and doesn’t give a sweet fuck (my wife said: the blonde one? Lol yep). 

I’m going to do my best to make healthy choices instead of my usual whiskey weekends (quit those when I started the meds anyway, so no issues there except boredom) and Dorito binges. Lost 30 pounds in the last while, so hope to keep that going. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Meds are fuckin  me too. And without .really at the  lowest most fearful stafe.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Thank you @OffSheGoes35

You're so very welcome!

Matts3221 said:
    Taking time away form the internet ( this is my first time in a while posting  ). Not to say I’m not checking world  news but trying to get away from things that suck up more of my time because I’m using them in a negative way ( scroll on my phone in bed ) 

Legos - never did a Lego set before and my wife got me me the Seinfeld set and I found it calming to me to put them together. I tend to hyper focus so at least I’m doing it with something like legos instead of negative thoughts. Have done a few more sets ( be warned they are expensive) 

Belly Breathing - I never really practice this before but it can move me from a 9 to a 6-7 rather fast so helpful at work.

Sun and Movement - it’s finally getting some what nice in New England ( 67 today ) , clocks change next week so more sunlight. I have not moved much this winter but just 3-5 mile walks every night after work once it gets nice out makes a world of difference for me.

Eating Well- I know obviously, when I’m depressed or having a panic attack the last thing I am thinking about is the healthness just of my food intake. So just keeping that at front of of mind.

therapy , meds , friends to talk to. Just what came off the top of my head 
    It's good to "see" you here again, Matts3221. I'm thankful you wrote this list. Your list made me realize that I do have a few positive/healthy habits...and also that having healthy habits can mean more than eating well and exercising.  

Sound Recordings- I like to record birds singing in the backyard and crickets chirping with my phone. I think one time I even taped the sound of traffic and road construction going on, because these are the sounds near my work. I like to listen to the recordings later with my eyes closed. Sometimes I listen for relaxation, sometimes I want to feel like I'm in a different place, but either way it calms me.

Quizzes- When I feel scattered at work, I like to take a few minutes and go to britannica.com and do a World Capitals Quiz. There are all kinds of categories to choose from, but I usually stick to the World Capitals or Periodic Table Quiz. The quizzes are repetitive, timed, and challenging. It centers me.    
  • Options
    I really have to find better ways of spending my time. I find I'm getting reallllllly reallllly bored. and when I'm bored, I decide to party. which leads to regret and anxiety. 

I just don't find I'm interested in doing anything. I scroll endlessly for shows to watch. nothing piques my interest. then I give up. I'm not interested in playing bass or guitar. I have about 15 books I haven't read, and I don't know when I'll pick them up. or really much of anything. I'm starting to hate the weekends. Winter in Winnipeg is fucking awful. especially this year. it's been cold as fuck and a ton of snow. which I'm sure has been part of this. not like i'm super outdoorsy in the winter either, but I think it's also that we were more active when the kids were younger, making sure they were active. now that they do things on their own with their friends, we're left kinda twiddling our thumbs. 

I never run out of things to do in the summer. But that just seems so far away still. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I’m currently reading a book on toxic positivity.
    one t think that keeps coming up for me is “ I hope I’m not being toxic in this group “

by that , I hope no one thinks that I am saying do what I do to feel better , if I have to apologize as ever one of us processing things differently. Just because running helps me does not mean it will help you.

really trying to learn more better ways to communicate this year and want to offer that apology up in case anyone has ever felt that I am telling them how to feel without proper understanding that we are all dealing with different degrees of issues and ways to cope.

• Options
    edited March 2022
    Matts3221 said:
    one t think that keeps coming up for me is “ I hope I’m not being toxic in this group “

by that , I hope no one thinks that I am saying do what I do to feel better , if I have to apologize as ever one of us processing things differently. Just because running helps me does not mean it will help you.

really trying to learn more better ways to communicate this year and want to offer that apology up in case anyone has ever felt that I am telling them how to feel without proper understanding that we are all dealing with different degrees of issues and ways to cope.

I don't find your positivity or suggestions toxic at all. I think they are all helpful in their own way. you don't come across as one of those newly non-smokers or weight watchers success stories. haha. I've come across a lot of those in my lifetime (I actually, regrettably, was one of those reformed non-smokers about 30 years ago and then a friend woke me up to the fact that I was being an asshole). 

I think you make great suggestions, and you're right, some will work for some and some won't. but nothing is a bad suggestion. 
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Matts3221 said:

I don't find your positivity or suggestions toxic at all. I think they are all helpful in their own way. you don't come across as one of those newly non-smokers or weight watchers success stories. haha. I've come across a lot of those in my lifetime (I actually, regrettably, was one of those reformed non-smokers about 30 years ago and then a friend woke me up to the fact that I was being an asshole). 

I think you make great suggestions, and you're some will work for some and some won't. but nothing is a bad suggestion. 
    Thank you friend 
  • Options
    Matts3221 said:

I'm sorry if something I said made you feel that way. I really liked your list. 
  • Options
    Matts3221 said:

I promise no one said anything to have me post it. I just happened to post and then when reading this book I thought “ I hope I never did that to anyone on this because board “

so I just wanted to put that out there. 
  • Options
    Matts3221 said:
    Matts3221 said:

I promise no one said anything to have me post it. I just happened to post and then when reading this book I thought “ I hope I never did that to anyone on this because board “

haha, this is so close to home. the endless cycle of pre-apologizing and then having to explain your apology because someone thought they were the basis of your apology. 

I can't even tell you how many times I've typed out the words "no no no it was nothing you said, I was just making sure...." lol
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,819
    edited March 2022
    I really have to find better ways of spending my time. I find I'm getting reallllllly reallllly bored. and when I'm bored, I decide to party. which leads to regret and anxiety. 

I just don't find I'm interested in doing anything. I scroll endlessly for shows to watch. nothing piques my interest. then I give up. I'm not interested in playing bass or guitar. I have about 15 books I haven't read, and I don't know when I'll pick them up. or really much of anything. I'm starting to hate the weekends. Winter in Winnipeg is fucking awful. especially this year. it's been cold as fuck and a ton of snow. which I'm sure has been part of this. not like i'm super outdoorsy in the winter either, but I think it's also that we were more active when the kids were younger, making sure they were active. now that they do things on their own with their friends, we're left kinda twiddling our thumbs. 

I never run out of things to do in the summer. But that just seems so far away still. 
    This year's cold winter has really felt prolonged and frustrating. I can't wait until spring arrives and I know what you mean about becoming restless with everything. I'm just fed up with how cold it still is.  I really hope we get some kind of a summer this year, we have reached month 6 of winter so surely it has to end soon, surely? But when?
  • Options
    I felt encouraged yesterday as it was only -15 degrees C. But today blustery and snowing again, felt like middle of january all over again. I see end of this week and next in the minus single digits, which will be nice. But then the anxiety of all of this snow....I feel like flooding here is going to be off the charts, depending how fast the melt is. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Matts3221 said:
    Matts3221 said:

haha, this is so close to home. the endless cycle of pre-apologizing and then having to explain your apology because someone thought they were the basis of your apology. 

I can't even tell you how many times I've typed out the words "no no no it was nothing you said, I was just making sure...." lol
    I was like don’t apologize and at the same time was like “ you did not say anything wrong “ thanks for the comment cause this is a normal piece of my life “ pre apologizing “ lol
  • Options
    yep, I do it all the fucking time. on an endless loop it seems. lol
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I was born sorry
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    I was conceived sorry 
  • Options
    I was unplanned sorry. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com