The Food Thread

1304305306307308310»

Comments

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 9,159
    edited October 14
    Tilapia, tomato dill Chipotle peps scallions and yum.
    Post edited by Loujoe on
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,957
    Looks great! Cannot say I am a huge fan of Tilapia, but it is convenient.
    Well said^
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,497
    Get_Right said:
    Looks great! Cannot say I am a huge fan of Tilapia, but it is convenient.
    I refuse to eat a fish that never existed in the USA until I was 40? years old. Never once for 40 years did I ever see tilapia advertised.

Therefore I refuse to even try it.

As Jules once said...

It can taste like pumpkin fucking pie, im still not eating it. 
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    Ahhh. Lol
    Most of the tilapia consumed here in US is imported and purchased as frozen fillets. Some of it is actually farmed here in the US. I mean it is not terrible, and it is probably healthier than adding ground beef or steak to that dish. It is just kind of meh and I do not trust the fish farms in Asia. I have actually been onsite to a few of them in China and Vietnam and lets just say I do not eat any fish or shellfish products from either country. But if you find fillets from the US of even South America, they are a decent inexpensive, low calorie, low fat protein source that you can keep on hand in the freezer. I will have to see if they have any at Whole Foods out of curiosity the next time I am there.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,299
    Most of the time we eat talapia it’s either for tacos or I make ceviche with it! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,265
    I start the day with coffee and biscotti and I end the day with pasta. My daily joyful-bookends. I tried to eat something besides pasta for dinner, but why? Where is the joy? 
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
    Most of the time we eat talapia it’s either for tacos or I make ceviche with it! 
    The Great Tilapia Controversy 2024 ;)

Ms. Haiku said:
    I start the day with coffee and biscotti and I end the day with pasta. My daily joyful-bookends. I tried to eat something besides pasta for dinner, but why? Where is the joy? 
    You got me with coffee and biscotti.
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,861
    Made some Udon noodles.
    They came out decent.
    Served them with a lobster miso soup.

• GlowGirlGlowGirl Posts: 10,787
    eddiec said:
    Made some Udon noodles.
    They came out decent.

That looks amazing. Also, your food stylist skills are off the charts. 
  • Yeah, if this is your hobby you must be amazing at your job!
    Looks awesome.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,861
    Get_Right said:
    Most of the tilapia consumed here in US is imported and purchased as frozen fillets. Some of it is actually farmed here in the US. I mean it is not terrible, and it is probably healthier than adding ground beef or steak to that dish. It is just kind of meh and I do not trust the fish farms in Asia. I have actually been onsite to a few of them in China and Vietnam and lets just say I do not eat any fish or shellfish products from either country. But if you find fillets from the US of even South America, they are a decent inexpensive, low calorie, low fat protein source that you can keep on hand in the freezer. I will have to see if they have any at Whole Foods out of curiosity the next time I am there.

I think you posted about touring a prawn farm in Vietnam a few years back. Made me only buy wild ones after that. But those are sometimes hard to come by so my prawn consumption has definitely dropped since your post. lol

eddiec said:
    Made some Udon noodles.
    They came out decent.

Well hell that looks fantastic
    eddiec said:
    Get_Right said:

I think you posted about touring a prawn farm in Vietnam a few years back. Made me only buy wild ones after that. But those are sometimes hard to come by so my prawn consumption has definitely dropped since your post. lol

Yep. That is me. Prawns, Catfish, Tilapia and Crawfish farms in Asia. And Salmon farms in Argentina, Chile and Scotland. I've seen some things.
    eddiec said:
    Made some Udon noodles.
    They came out decent.

Well that’s just on another level you rock i have to try something like this damn that looks insane! I’d nap after consuming that 
    eddiec said:
    Made some Udon noodles.
    They came out decent.

My wife wants to know if you can box that up send it to us? 

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,763
    That’s fucking outrageous dude. Impressive stuff 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,214
    Not the best pic. 
    Dijon garlic chicken served w saffron rice made from scratch and cumin coated green beans. 
    Saffron is an amazing spice. 
    Not the best pic. 
    Dijon garlic chicken served w saffron rice made from scratch and cumin coated green beans. 
    Nice and simple my wife uses Saffron on rice def goes great 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,214
    Not the best pic. 
    Nice and simple my wife uses Saffron on rice def goes great 
    Was simple and flavors were amazing.  Will make this again!
    Nice combo tempo