Options

The Food Thread

Comments

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,883
    Clams off the grill, with wine and hot sauce.  Music in background, talking with Mrs FMe.  
    Good times.
    That all looks amazing and sounds like a nice way to spend an evening. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    eddiec said:
    Clams off the grill, with wine and hot sauce.  Music in background, talking with Mrs FMe.  
    Good times.
    Is that the Cholula original? I'm not a fan of super spicy hot sauces. I just want a little heat sometimes. That's probably one of my favorites. Never had it with clams...may have to try.
    Yes.  Not spicy and like tapatio just something I grew accustomed to being on the table,  all of those years living in SoCal.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,930
    Looks great Brett!
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    Perfectly cooked, Thermometer is a must.   Kids/wife loved them.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Nice.  I went with different kind of steaks.
    I could eat the calamari every day.
    Threw some corn on there as well.

• Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    edited June 2023
    Did Mexican the other night for a party. Cochinitas, esquites tostados, curtidos, black beans. Pics aren't great as I was throwing food onto the table and telling people to eat away. Corn never had a chance.

Post edited by eddiec on
  • Options
    Awesome 
  • Options
    eddiec said:
    Did Mexican the other night for a party. Cochinitas, esquites tostados, curtidos, black beans. Pics aren't great as I was throwing food onto the table and telling people to eat away. Corn never had a chance.

That all looks delicious!
  • Options
    Dinner - was really good!

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,299
    Dinner - was really good!

Stuffed portobellos Uhmm yeah those are so good! What you stuffed them with? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    That was a marinade/stuffing.  Chopped onions, garlic, balsamic, salt, and oil.

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,299
    That was a marinade/stuffing.  Chopped onions, garlic, balsamic, salt, and oil.

Nice I gotta keep this in mind for Father’s Day 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    I have a double whammy coming up, fathers day and high school graduation. Nine people coming over to my modest townhouse. To cook or to order? Damn I feel old LOL.
  • Options
    Congrats!  
    We have a graduation from high school party this week, also.

I say order if things are going to be tight.  Cooking with people all around ruins the fun,  to me, at times.

Doing asparagus and chicken thighs on the grill tonight.  So easy, but so reliable.
  • Options
    Thank you! We have limited catering options here in westchester. Overpriced and mediocre. We shall see!
  • Options
    Chicken tenders, so that we didn't have to deal with fuckers not washing their hands.
    Damn good, although I damaged my tongue
      :lol:  

• Options
    Congrats!  
    We have a graduation from high school party this week, also.

I say order if things are going to be tight.  Cooking with people all around ruins the fun,  to me, at times.

Doing asparagus and chicken thighs on the grill tonight.  So easy, but so reliable.

Ultimately went with sushi catering since it is a late lunch party. Yep way too tight.  Really great place.  We will make the green side dishes tonight for tomorrow. I will try to get some pics.
  • Options
    Heck yeah, that is awesome.  
  • Options

Snack to start lunch off.

Quite tasty.
  • Options
    And....dinner was pretty good.  Made some fries with the oil from last night.  Some snow crab, steak, and lamb.
    Choices from the boy, who has a birthday tomorrow

• Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    Wow. Nice oysters. Steak and lamb look perfect. How did you cook them?

• Options
    Sear and then in the oven for a short period.
    The lamb destroyed.  I would eat that all day, every day
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    Yeah that’s a fucking spread 
  • Options
    And....dinner was pretty good.  Made some fries with the oil from last night.  Some snow crab, steak, and lamb.
    Choices from the boy, who has a birthday tomorrow

That looks incredible. Happy Bday to your son. 
  • Options
    Thanks!
  • Options
    Getting after those bastards. Again

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,793
    Yum^^^x24
  • Options
    Ketchup on a hot dog is ok. Cocktail sauce on oysters is not ;)
  • Options

Eggs Benedict on a fried green tomato and shrimp cake from Magnolias Cafe in Charleston. 
  • Options
    That looks delicious ^^^

Horseradish is a bonus and I do put cocktail on some.