Options

The Food Thread

Comments

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,787
    Sang Kee is so good. Impressed with you getting there after, all I wanted to do was get home and into a hot shower.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    edited April 2023
    Sang Kee is so good. Impressed with you getting there after, all I wanted to do was get home and into a hot shower.
    Ha.  How did you do?  
    (Also, I did shower first....wouldn't Subject people who didn't race to my swamp rat smell)
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Ha.  How did you do?  
    (Also, I did shower first....wouldn't Subject people who didn't race to my swamp rat smell)
    Not bad, best personal time. But if you're saying you got done, showered, and then headed there solo I can only assume you kicked ass.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    edited April 2023
    Ha.  How did you do?  
    Not bad, best personal time. But if you're saying you got done, showered, and then headed there solo I can only assume you kicked ass.
    Was 3 mins off my PR but I did manage to finish before lots of others.  Was home and in the shower by 1030

Great job on your best showing!  You should gorge on something and show us what.  :lol:

I'm thinking I want to do it again for dinner.
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    Congrats, fellas. Know you ran into the fam JP, but impressed with everyone today. Walked from my place to 16th and wolf, then back and forth to broad a couple times. We were uncomfortable, so can only imagine.

And hell yeah on sang kee. 
  • Options
    I gorged on pulled pork and pizza. Unfortunately no pictures as I am hiding my shame atm. Wife took the kids to the grocery store - like a saint - so I am currently horizontal on the couch with a full belly.

Gotta get you out next year Cliff!
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    Uhmm yummy 
    Looks perfectly done
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,889

Eggplant rollatini stuffed with ricotta and Parmesan. 
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:

That is my favorite way to eat Eggplant absolutely looks so damn good with a good piece of bread & red wine! It can’t be beat 
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    Oh baby. Yeah that eggplant looks great. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    GlowGirl said:

Lovely.
  • Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,930
    edited May 2023
    Ribs on for the derby, each rack with a different seasoning. Post finished in about 4 hours or so.
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,795
    I'll be right over...
  • Options
    This was at the 4 hour mark.

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,889
    Ribs on for the derby, each rack with a different seasoning. Post finished in about 4 hours or so.
    I swear one of these days I am going to use some frequent flier miles, hop a plane to Atlanta, and show up at your place just in time for dinner ;)

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,889
    Looking great Landon!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,795
    Open fire iron skillet blackend salmon. Added some garilc greens and a can of drained chick peas. Pretty killer.

No pics. My phone is.....not operating well.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,889
    London broil up. Family devoured it. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Heck yes, to all of this food 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Nicely done Mike!
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,430
    mcgruff10 said:
    Damn, that looks GOOD !!

That reminds me: I have to get a Frickin'  grill so I can have London Broil!!
  • Options
    cutz said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Damn, that looks GOOD !!

You can use the oven to....broil....it!  ;)

• Options
    Put this fire/barbecue combo together yesterday and I’m at my local North shore farm they have really good sea food display, im getting oysters to eat raw with some burgers and baby back ribs! 
  • Options
    Put this fire/barbecue combo together yesterday and I’m at my local North shore farm they have really good sea food display, im getting oysters to eat raw with some burgers and baby back ribs! 
    Nice set up Jose. Definitely take pics during the cook!
  • Options
    Wow!  
    Put a few of the oysters in the grill, not sure if you do that normally but they pair well with the nice raw ones.
  • Options
    Nice set up Jose. Definitely take pics during the cook!
    Wow!  
    Put a few of the oysters in the grill, not sure if you do that normally but they pair well with the nice raw ones.
    It’s my 1st time firing this baby up im
    just going to have them on the half shell! Very fresh right from out east Long Island keeping it simple for the 1st barbecue of the season, I’m actually really looking forward to the burgers and ribs. Have a great weekend folks
  • Options
    I’m at my local beach getting in the mood for barbecue and catching some sun very nice day to be at beach 
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,430
    cutz said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Damn, that looks GOOD !!

That's true, but I don't play with the Oven. Only time I use the oven is for Turkey at Thanksgiving. 

I moved 2 years ago and I still haven't bought a Grill(seeing that London Broil was a reminder for me.)
  • Options
    cutz said:
    cutz said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Damn, that looks GOOD !!

That's true, but I don't play with the Oven. Only time I use the oven is for Turkey at Thanksgiving. 

I moved 2 years ago and I still haven't bought a Grill(seeing that London Broil was a reminder for me.)
    You don't use your oven and you don't have a grill.  
    Cook everything on stove top?  
    Just order everything and others cook?